SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Do you think Logan abandoned the project completely?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Waltz as head of Quantum... please :D

The next time I read the word "Quantum" on a James Bond related site, I am going to jump out of a window... :bz

I feel the same when people bring up Blofeld.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,425
    jake24 wrote: »
    Do you think Logan abandoned the project completely?

Yes. He wrote a two story arc and then Mendes came back determined to do a standalone movie. I imagine he was fairly annoyed.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Murdock wrote: »

The next time I read the word "Quantum" on a James Bond related site, I am going to jump out of a window... :bz

I think people have been bringing Blofeld up for every film after OHMSS and FYEO. It wont come back.
    its start with just logan and now it's Purvis Wade and Buttermunch with logan not getting a metion this is comical.

Sorry I love the organization that beings with Q (I like you a lot Panchito so i will try different ways of saying but not saying the Q word.)

One thing that dawned on me when Mendes was announced I was nervous and said I felt the locations were underwhelming (and still do) in Skyfall so dark so gloomy Someone said Mendes doesn't make the same film twice so have faith.

Austria Rome Morocco and Now Mexico the person is 100% correct location wise this is MUCH better then Skyfall.

I think people have been bringing Blofeld up for every film after OHMSS and FYEO. It wont come back.

Good thing I or the Internet weren't around then. :))
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Obvious, but a wise choice. I'm sure that he'll be playing the baddie, even though is too cliche for him. Anyway, fantastic news, the guy is a genius.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I'm personally thrilled that another superb actor has joined the Bond universe. EON is really moving in the right direction these days. B24 is shaping up to be one of the most exciting 007 movies in years.

I too have a feeling he will not be the main villain (too predictable). I believe his role will be quite significant however.....perhaps similar to but more so than Giancarlo Giannini (and maybe he will repeat the role in B25). Let's see.

He could be playing a Blofeld type character (a master villain who is revealed as such at the end of B24 but who is posing as a friend to Bond in B24).

Exciting days indeed.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Great news that such a talented actor is signed on for Bond 24. I too want Chiwetel Ejiofor, but the guy is 37. Plenty of time for him to be a part of the series. The important part is that they signed a well regarded and popular actor that will certainly add quality and generate excitement for Bond 24.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    True about Waltz? I am absolutely THRILLED! He will be great. Bond 24 is going to be a good one, I really feel that. :-bd He was on my short list of favorites for a villain type role. I have not had time to read everything - is Mexico in place of Morocco now?
    Ejiofor will be better placed in twenty years time.
    I don't mind him NOT being the villain. I just like him a lot and think he will bring quality acting to the film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    True about Waltz? I am absolutely THRILLED! He will be great. Bond 24 is going to be a good one, I really feel that. :-bd He was on my short list of favorites for a villain type role. I have not had time to read everything - is Mexico in place of Morocco now?
    Mexico was added to the list of locations along with Morocco.
    Great news that such a talented actor is signed on for Bond 24. I too want Chiwetel Ejiofor, but the guy is 37. Plenty of time for him to be a part of the series. The important part is that they signed a well regarded and popular actor that will certainly add quality and generate excitement for Bond 24.

What makes everybody think that Waltz signed up for the same role Ejiofor was considered for? This is a complete repeat of early 2011 when both Bardem and Fiennes were rumored for Bond 23 and everyone thought they were contenders for the same role.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow wow wow. Went from remaining cautious about the film to being uncontrollably excited due to Waltz joining. I'm so happy.
    I was always excited - I love these locations and the actors involved so far. Villain or no (looks likely), I'm happy indeed that Walt is on board. And Lea. And Austria. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I was always excited - I love these locations and the actors involved so far. Villain or no (looks likely), I'm happy indeed that Walt is on board. And Lea. And Austria. :D

I just don't want to go into it like I did SF: anticipated it too much, found out way too many spoilers, and didn't enjoy the end product as much as I wanted to. The fault lies with my expectations and the film for me, but don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to it! It's Bond, after all. ;)
  • Ever since Inglorious Basterds, I've thought to myself, now he needs to be a Bond villain some day. Villain or not, I'm so excited to see Waltz is appearing in B24. Just fantastic news. My confidence and excitement build by the day.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

What makes everybody think that Waltz signed up for the same role Ejiofor was considered for? This is a complete repeat of early 2011 when both Bardem and Fiennes were rumored for Bond 23 and everyone thought they were contenders for the same role.

A number of the articles reporting his casting also said that he was taking the role intended (?) for Ejiofor.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619

A number of the articles reporting his casting also said that he was taking the role intended (?) for Ejiofor.

Those articles are all based on Baz Bamigboye's article which did NOT mention that Waltz got the role Ejiofor was considered for. I am willing to bet 100 British Pounds with anyone that two more big name actors will join the cast: one female, playing the main Bond girl and one male (probably a black British actor), playing the main villain.

I think I have an idea of how Sam Mendes thinks (based on interviews) and I believe there is no way he would cast Waltz as the main villain. If he does end up playing a villain, then he will be the one operating in the background and will be the boss of the main baddie.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,189

Those articles are all based on Baz Bamigboye's article which did NOT mention that Waltz got the role Ejiofor was considered for. I am willing to bet 100 British Pounds with anyone that two more big name actors will join the cast: one female, playing the main Bond girl and one male (probably a black British actor), playing the main villain.

I think I have an idea of how Sam Mendes thinks (based on interviews) and I believe there is no way he would cast Waltz as the main villain. If he does end up playing a villain, then he will be the one operating in the background and will be the boss of the main baddie.

A "Number One" you might say? :D
    To play against hype, I'd like it if Waltz played a Mathis like character but with a more active role like Tiger Tanaka.
    I'd really prefer that, too, Murdock. And maybe so would Waltz, for a change.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
    HASEROT wrote: »
    To play against hype, I'd like it if Waltz played a Mathis like character but with a more active role like Tiger Tanaka.

This....

just as long as he doesn't end up in a dumpster ;)

If Brad Pitt isn't in Bond24 I don't think there will be any risk of that. =))
    HASEROT wrote: »

This....

just as long as he doesn't end up in a dumpster ;)

If Brad Pitt isn't in Bond24 I don't think there will be any risk of that. =))

Baz Bamigboye: Brad Pitt to join Bond 24 :))
  • And so we have the first hints of Spectre. Would imagine Waltz is either a Spectre member or the main man himself. Great casting either way. Now on to the main villain, perhaps our Quantum head who is about to be subverted by Waltz who will help Bond to destroy Quantum unknowingly creating Spectre.
    And so we have the first hints of Spectre. Would imagine Waltz is either a Spectre member or the main man himself. Great casting either way. Now on to the main villain, perhaps our Quantum head who is about to be subverted by Waltz who will help Bond to destroy Quantum unknowingly creating Spectre.

Who said anything about SPECTRE? All we know is Waltz has been cast. Nobody said anything about Blofeld or SPECTRE except for a few who want to relive those glory days...
    misc-jackie-chan-l.png
    Please no Quantum!!!!!