Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• So I don't give a horse's arse about YouTube trailers hitting 40m+ viewers after 4 days :-).

Gustav Graves : proving every subjective opinion is an objective fact with figures. Except when they tell a different story :)
    Mark Ruffallo Talks AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON; Teases 'Hulkbuster', 'Vision' And More
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110086

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    IGN has articles from both Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Don't know if this is still news to you guys: Cumberbatch is tipped to play Doctor Strange.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/oct/27/benedict-cumberbatch-doctor-strange-marvels-movie-comic

Another high-profile role for him, didn't even know Strange was on the menu for Marvel films.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You know, it would have taken you less effort to look at the top of the page and then scroll down than type up a post that demonstrates your uncertainty but no its not news as it was mentioned here yesterday : D
    edited October 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Yessss!!

November 3rd 2017 black panther!!!! Chadwick Boseman cast as T'ch alla aka black panther!

July 6, 2018 is captain Marvel

Avengers infinity war:
    May 4, 2018 is Part I and May 3, 2019 is part II!

May 6, 2016 is

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR!

November 4, 2016 is DR.STRANGE

May 5, 2017 is Guardians 2

July 28, 2017 is
    THOR: RAGNAROK
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yessss!!

November 3rd 2017 black panther!!!!

July 6, 2018 is captain Marvel

Avengers infinity war:
    May 4, 2018 is Part I and May 3, 2019 is part II!

You forgot Inhumans on November 2,2018
    Thor: Ragnarok July 28,2017
    Was updating them. It's hard doing this crap on a phone lol.
    Was updating them. It's hard doing this crap on a phone lol.

I now what you mean :)
    Chadwick Boseman To Play BLACK PANTHER In CAPTAIN AMERICA 3; Concept Art Revealed
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=110108

Marvel Announce Two-Part AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR For 2018 And 2019; New Image Of Thanos
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110106

CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 Title And Logo Revealed; DOCTOR STRANGE Release Date Confirmed
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110100
    If DC thought they were playing catch up before, they're now completely left for dust.
    If DC thought they were playing catch up before, they're now completely left for dust.

I feel so bad for them.
    Seriously, my body was in no way prepared for all this amazingness.

i'm so happy that my heart is pounding really fast. :)

Shall I make your body relaxed again :-j ?
    DC are going to need a miracle to match Marvel!
    Wow that's some line up! Marvels let's say golden era could be over before DCs gets really going.DC could still have there time, assuming in the short term audiences don't tire of superhero movies.
    VIDEO: Kevin Feige Explains CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR + Full 'Phase 3' Presentation Revealed
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110124#comments

Kevin Feige Responds To Rumors That 'Spider-Man' Is Set To Join THE AVENGERS
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110124
    I really hope they get Spidey .
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    You know, it would have taken you less effort to look at the top of the page and then scroll down than type up a post that demonstrates your uncertainty but no its not news as it was mentioned here yesterday : D

Oh really? Yesterday? My, I'll be butched!

Ah, now I see this! Sorry to waste your time, doublo, You know, it's hard doing this on a phone,
    This announcement must be excellent news for Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. Bond movies stand out more easily if most of the competition are superhero movies.
    Am I the only one getting bored by this ? Like almost every MCU movie is like a copy of the other at this point. Sure I am hyped for Avengers 2 but everything after that just seems like a copy of a copy..

My fave MCU movies are the movies that everyone seems to dislike.. Thor 2 and Iron Man 2...yeah I know... I saw the clip from Avengers 2 that they showed at the press today and..it didn't excite me at all..sure it was 40 seconds clip from non action scene but...Idk, I thought that Avengers (first one) was saved by the humour..I thought the same about GotG but it had better characters and villain...

I'll hope for the best but I'll expect the worst.

I doubt that any of the "new" characters' movies (Capt.Marvel etc) are going to be huge box office hits compared to GotG for example. I think that by 2017 people are going to be bored by comic book movies.. there are many rumours about few new comic book based series so...it would be too much.

I hope I'm wrong tho, and the phrase 3 movies will end up being my fave MCU movies but..
    Oh and I really dislike the "2 parts finale" trend..Twilight,Harry Potter,Hobbit,Avengers,Justice League,Hunger Games..every studio is doing this..ah money..
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Am I the only one getting bored by this ? Like almost every MCU movie is like a copy of the other at this point. Sure I am hyped for Avengers 2 but everything after that just seems like a copy of a copy..

My fave MCU movies are the movies that everyone seems to dislike.. Thor 2 and Iron Man 2...yeah I know... I saw the clip from Avengers 2 that they showed at the press today and..it didn't excite me at all..sure it was 40 seconds clip from non action scene but...Idk, I thought that Avengers (first one) was saved by the humour..I thought the same about GotG but it had better characters and villain...

I doubt that any of the "new" characters' movies (Capt.Marvel etc) are going to be huge box office hits compared to GotG for example. I think that by 2017 people are going to be bored by comic book movies.. there are many rumours about few new comic book based series so...it would be too much.

I hope I'm wrong tho, and the phrase 3 movies will end up being my fave MCU movies but..

One word @DragonSky: "Overkill". I posted a similar item in this topic: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7447/2015-may-be-the-biggest-movie-year-ever#latest :
    I was looking at this year's worldwide box office results. And something strikes me here. Recent superhero movies have more difficulty to reach the 1 Billion Dollar mark. And in a funny twist, they are all from the Marvel Universe or have characters that are based on the Marvel comic books. Just have a look:

01. "Transformers: Age of Extinction" (Paramount)
    --> $1,080.9 MILLION / $1.08 BILLION
    02. "Maleficent" (Buena Vista Pictures/Disney)
    --> $0,757.2 MILLION
    03. "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (Fox Pictures, based on Marvel's characters)
    --> $0,746.0 MILLION
    04. "Guardians of the Galaxy" (Buena Vista Pictures/Disney, based on Marvel's characters)
    --> $0,732.6 MILLION
    05. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (Buena Vista Pictures/Disney, based on Marvel's characters)
    --> $0,714.1 MILLION
    06. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Sony Pictures, based on Marvel's characters)
    --> $0,709.0 MILLION

In comparison:
    "Skyfall"
    --> $1,108,6 MILLION / $1.11 BILLION

I'm pretty convinced that Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" will again do 'interstellar' at the worldwide box office. I expect that highly anticipated Kubrick-esque space exploration drama to hit the 1 Billion Dollar without too much problems. And then there's "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1", which will without too much problems do better than the 2nd best movie of this year, "Maleficent".

Still, I really think that the "super hero craze" from the past 5 to 7 years is slightly winding down. Allthough I think "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" was the most superior of the Marvel characters from this year, they just don't hit the 1 Billion Dollar mark anymore. People probably saw everything already in the succesful "Iron Man-trilogy" and "The Dark Knight-trilogy".

And on top of that, the above figures again show what incredible stuff 'our' 007-flick "Skyfall" did back in 2012. Sometimes I'm still stunned by it. And I tend to believe that "Bond 24" will also do wonders for Sony Pictures/MGM/EON Productions.

Again, I think the upcoming "overkill" of Marvel/DC Comics films will eventually result in box office results that can not match the success of 'one hero'-franchise "Iron Man", which easily managed to soar past the 1 Billion Dollar mark (with 3D). It's something the Bond franchise experienced back in the 1960's. "Our own" Bond franchise knows how this works.
    I'm so hoping Spiderman will be able to make it into one of the films. Rumor is SONY isn't doing so well, and it's possible they may lend Spidey over for a few scenes to help boost SONY and help with the Civil War story... Thoughts?
    What's interesting is, the spidey rights being sold to Sony and the revenue the first 2 Raimi movies made were the biggest contributing financial factors for Marvel's seed capital to establish themselves as a movie studio. For spidey to come back home, I'm telling you it'll end up not only just being the biggest comic book movie but one of the biggest movies; period.

Anyway...

Your early box office projection, courtesy of BOM: Nine Billion Dollars.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3945&p=.htm
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2014 Posts: 1,257
    So here is the footage shown at SDCC tacked onto the AOU trailer.

Please tell me we're gonna see this in AOU!!

fear-itself-7-018.jpg

ZigzagChillyAmericanbobtail.gif

Oh it's on!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    dragonsky wrote: »

I enjoy a comic book movie as much as the next poter, but this (not your post @dragonsky) is ridiculous. If Marvel's (as well as the inevitable DC films) goal is to oversaturate the market, then they will succeed with flying colours.
    So here is the footage shown at SDCC tacked onto the AOU trailer.

Wow, I love that first scene!

Anyway, questions from a Marvel muggle to the initiated:
    Why does that IM Zombie have Terminator bones where Tony´s arms should fit in?
    Why is IM fighting Hulk?

INFOGRAPHIC: Superhero Movie Timeline Updated With Marvel's PHASE 3 Slate
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110172

CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-2.jpg