Which celeb(s) have you ever talked to?

1234568»

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Daniel Craig. Yes, briefly, at the stage door, following a November 2013 performance of Betrayal on Broadway. TBH, he looked old, weathered, exhausted, and very un-Bondlike. But he was still cool as hell.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2014 Posts: 7,953
    I spoke to Clint Eastwood on the set of Tightrope and ran into Martin Sheen on a mountaintop in Yugoslavia. I also had Bill Clinton come up to me a shake my hand as I worked a fire watch at a hotel where he was staying.
  • Not connected with Bond. The person who was my professor in my graduate studies at the University of Cincinnati was Neil Armstrong. A wonderful and un-assuming person. I will cherish ever that memory of listening to his lectures. When he died recently, we were very grief-stricken for days as we were planning to meet him again.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Quentin Tarantino - Spoke to him after the Reservoir Dogs screening at the London Film Festival in Leicester Sq. Very friendly and got his autograph. Terry Gilliam was with him who just glared at me!

Alan Moore (The Killing Joke) - signed my Watchmen novel

Nick Cave - at a book signing

Adam West - signing Batman videos!

Desmond Llewellyn *
    Paul Weston *
    Derek Meddings *
    Madeline Smith (Miss Caruso from LALD) - Really pleasant to talk to

*All at the James Bond 30th anniversary at Pinewood

Susan Penhaligon - Sat opposite her on a long train journey. I think she was chuffed that I recognized her..!

Brian De Palma - after he was interviewed at the London film theatre. He signed my Dressed to Kill LP!

Dario Argento - At the scala cinema in London for a screening of his films. His English isn't great but better than my Italian...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Neil Tennant, in person, twice on different occasions.
    Once in Bournemouth, once in Zurich. 1990 and 2012.

Kristen Bell, video chat, and Rob Thomas with Ryan Hansen. 2014.

Naomie Harris in Zurich, in person. 2015.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 4,813
    I met him once too! He's the only celeb I've met actually. Seems like an eternity ago, in 2006! I was in College and rushed back to my hometown when I heard he was at the local convention. I was so starstruck, and when it came to be my turn in line, I was like 'H-h-hi Adam, would you mind signing my DVD for me??' I was so shaky I didn't even think to take the DVD cover out of the sleeve (stupid).
    My best memory of him however, was as I was fumbling with my camera for a pic, I just felt so much pressure that I said, 'the next guy can go ahead while I fix this- I didn't want to hold up the line.' And I heard him mumble under his breath, "Nice kid!" ^:)^ ADAM WEST SAID I WAS NICE!!!! lol

206603_505843783221_3326_n.jpg?oh=032acf80e35b376250a92696f532921e&oe=5824F42F

I wish I could go see him NOW just so I could actually hold a normal conversation with him, and not be such a fanboy ;)
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,985
    I met him once too! He's the only celeb I've met actually. Seems like an eternity ago, in 2006! I was in College and rushed back to my hometown when I heard he was at the local convention. I was so starstruck, and when it came to be my turn in line, I was like 'H-h-hi Adam, would you mind signing my DVD for me??' I was so shaky I didn't even think to take the DVD cover out of the sleeve (stupid).
    My best memory of him however, was as I was fumbling with my camera for a pic, I just felt so much pressure that I said, 'the next guy can go ahead while I fix this- I didn't want to hold up the line.' And I heard him mumble under his breath, "Nice kid!" ^:)^ ADAM WEST SAID I WAS NICE!!!! lol

206603_505843783221_3326_n.jpg?oh=032acf80e35b376250a92696f532921e&oe=5824F42F

I wish I could go see him NOW just so I could actually hold a normal conversation with him, and not be such a fanboy ;)

Ha that's great @Master_Dahark...!

Wish I'd had a camera when I'd met him! Mine was in London at the Virgin Megastore. It was during the Batman resurgence in the late 80's early 90's. The 1966 Batman film was released on video. I hated the film but wanted his autograph!
    10685564_10153694435467837_7518420300019508962_n.jpg?oh=e98d31f59235b5ee5a77c6edc1a88b69&oe=58101C17
    Another childhood hero.

154170_10150133529917837_8322653_n.jpg?oh=bf22cee5c38264753f766e31a53c416a&oe=58202286
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BAIN123, Roger Moore and Leslie Nielsen, doesn't get much better than that!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @BAIN123, bloody hell, mate. Roger Moore!!! I'm so jealous. :-)
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 11,189
    The photo with Roger was nearly 2 years ago.

Leslie Nielsen was doing a one man show in Surrey in 2000 and managed to speak to him afterwards. I was genuinely saddened when I heard he had died in late 2010. Loved The Naked Gun films when I was growing up and I just think his voice is hilarious.
    Lauren Bacall at a book signing in 1994. She was extremely nice and looked great.
    Stephen Bogart- about 8 months later at a book signing. He was very cool in a kind of smart a$$ way. I liked him a lot.
    Noel Neill in 2009. My favorite Lois Lane :( She was very friendly and signed a book and photo for me. I had on a Superman necktie and she complimented me. Very nice.
    Bill Shatner- he said "Hello, how are you nice to meet you" to me and everyone else in line to shake his hand. I thought it was funny!
    George Takei -at a Star Trek convention. I did my impression of his "Don't call me tiny" line and he laughed. Very cool guy.
    There were others at various conventions in the '90s, Nichelle Nichols, Leonard, and DeForest Kelly.
    Patrick MacNee- at a book signing. He was about 15 minutes early to the signing, saw the line and said "So sorry to keep you waiting. Shall we?" Very suave. I told him I was studying acting and he said "you look great, you'll do fine. just don't get discouraged by rejection. We all go through it."
    William Katt- The Greatest American Hero- was very very cool. An amazingly nice guy. His manager told me I had an old school classic style. I told him I was influenced by the old actors like Mitchum, Grant, Bogie and so forth.
    I had a tour guide job and Rhea Perlman was in my audience once ironically a few months later John Ratzenberger as well.
    Elvira when I was a kid and Lassie.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Satan.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Eric Clapton at the royal Albert Hall, Ian Botham ( English cricketer) once gave me a fiver, Dame Judi just outside of York( where she has a walkway named after her) she is from near where I live, the first time I saw her she was wearing a rain coat stood outside a cafe having a cigarette.
    Satan.

@Thunderfinger, I wish you wouldn't talk about me in public. The greatest trick I ever pulled was convincing the world I didn't exist.

LFCC '16 :

Dolph (he seemed a bit absent minded but nice and polite)

Famke J (seemed like she didn't want to be there , many fans disappointed with photo shoot)

Berkoff (he wasn't sunshine but polite)

Ashton (nice)

Reinhold (seemed flattered when I mentioned his Seinfeld gig)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Candy Clark, Paul LeMat, Bo Hopkins
  • Once upon a time, back in the '80s/'90s, I was a convention organizer. In that capacity, I interviewed the likes of Stan Lee and Yvonne Craig. Countless other comic book creators as well. RE: Bob Kane (the creator of Batman, with plenty of help from Bill Finger) -- the less said the better. Not a pleasant fellow. And my experience with Miss Julie Newmar, well, I'll leave that to your imagination... ;)
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 1,639
    I made the mistake to suggest where Kenny Baker could sign my poster , he was napping....let's just say he wasn't exactly friendly. Don't care much for grouchy Mayhew either. Heard C3PO is a royal pain , too. Rusty Goffe (one of the jawas) is friendly though.
    Satan.

I'm pretty sure you never met Anders Breivik , he will be incarcerated for a looooooooooooooong time ;)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have met a few national celebrities, and some international semi-celebrities, but can not measure up to my Great Grandmother.

Before World War One she was working in America, and met Buffalo Bill during one of his Wild West Circus shows. She got her picture taken with him to prove it.
  • Celebrities I have spoken to:

George R.R. Martin
    Neil Gaiman
    Linda Blair
    Cassandra Peterson (Elvira)
    Laurie Anderson
    Adrian Belew
    Herbert Khaury (Tiny Tim)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    A few. But Princess Diana is the most famous.
    suavejmf wrote: »

You talked to Lady Di, @sauvejmf? Impressive. What did you talk about?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »

You talked to Lady Di, @sauvejmf? Impressive. What did you talk about?
    I was 5 or 6 and she opened the Magistrates Court where I live. I was stood at the front by the entrance barriers with my School class. We shook hands and to be honest I don't remember the words that we spoke....but I was a very confident un shy child so I we certainly said a few things to each other. At the time it was nothing special to me as I was too young and to me she was just someone's important mum that I met.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Seth Green
    Breckin Meyer
    Tommy Morrison (the boxer and he played Tommy in Rocky 5)
    Peter Mayhew
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Thought I never actually met the Princess of Wales I was standing no more than twenty feet away from her at the Premiere of The Living Daylights .
    To this day I don't think I've ever met or be close to any Woman as stunning looking as she was
    Simply beautiful.