What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

TripAces wrote: »
    Goldfrapp is a good option

Goldfrapp would be amazing and they were rumored to do the song for CR back in 2006.
  • They really need to have a great theme song! The last amazing entry was for "Goldeneye" and "The World Is Not Enough". Rihanna would be a good choice, maybe even Lady GaGa, Lourde and Jessie J!!!!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Okay, I have yet to hear any strong rumors in the media - has anyone?
    This makes me lean towards thinking it will be Adele again.

Well could be indeed yes. She the new "Bassey"
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619

Hopefully not. I wouldn't want anyone twice in a row, let alone Adele.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Hopefully not. I wouldn't want anyone twice in a row, let alone Adele.

As much as I loved Adele's Skyfall, I would rather have someone else for next movie. Not even Bassey did two in a row. Adele may return for Bond 27.
  • I want a song like this:

• Michael Bublé or Mircle of Sound
    I want a song like this:

Gripping song @Skullkrusher. I completely forgot some very good bands. The Killers IMO are today's A-Ha, today's Eurythmics. They compose absolutely wunderful melodies. Melodies like "Here With Me". On top of that...I simply love Brandon Flower's voice. So crisp, so clear....and full of emotion. I can totally see The Killers come up with a terrific Bond song. Add to that wunderfully orchestrated music on top of their own instruments. And I think another Oscar nominated Bond song is in the making.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This track shows that Rihanna could do a fine title song.

• Adele.
    talos7 wrote: »
    This track shows that Rihanna could do a fine title song.

I do hope they steer clear of this pop diva.

With Adle's Skyfall they found out that the formula from the John Barry days did work, an epic ballad that did not fit the modern day pop-music and was directly recognizable as a Bond-song.

Chose for quality before the name, after all the most important name should always be: Bond, James Bond.
    I hope its not Adele again. Please someone new. Theres nothing wrong with Rihanna
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I hope its not Adele again. Please someone new. Theres nothing wrong with Rihanna

Everything is wrong with Rihanna. Just not Bond material. I prefer a worthy follow-up to Adele. Michael Bublé, Goldfrapp, to name a few.
  • RC7RC7
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Everything is wrong with Rihanna. Just not Bond material. I prefer a worthy follow-up to Adele. Michael Bublé, Goldfrapp, to name a few.

I hate the idea of Rihanna, but if it was a straight fight between her and Buble she'd win every time. Goldfrapp are on another level - too niche nowadays for Bond, sadly, but awesome. Buble - no way.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    How about giving the job to what is the most divisive band on the planet at the moment after their Apple stunt, yes I mean U2.

I all but expected to not like Songs of Innocence but you know what I love it and it sounds like the freshest and most powerful U2 album in years. Yes I know they are about as hated as a band can be by many but it proves they still have a huge pull and I think Bono and the boys could knock it out of the park if they got the Bond 24 gig.

They already have pedigree with Bono and Edge penning one of the best Bond themes of the last 20 years, plus Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was one of the great never Bond songs. The likes of Volcano and Raised By Wolves on SOI, if that kind of energy could be channeled into a theme could be truly effective.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Both Goldfrapp and U2 would be excellent.
  • Big_GeeBig_Gee Wales
    I am going to suggest, again, Ren Harvieu - she has already proved that she has the ideal voice for a Bond title song.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    U2 would be fine! Is Goldfrapp still any good? It's been ages since Felt Mountain, haven't heard much of them lately.
    Campbell2 wrote: »
    U2 would be fine! Is Goldfrapp still any good? It's been ages since Felt Mountain, haven't heard much of them lately.

Let me show you three songs from her latest album, "Tales Of Us" (2013), and one from her 2012 "The Singles" album. Especially 'live' Goldfrapp still amazes me. But also instrumentally, it's pure class:

Goldfrapp with "Melancholy Sky" (This is the instrumental version. Very John Barry-esque. I can already imagine Bond and the Bond-girl skiing on this):

Goldfrapp with "Clay" (live at Jools Holland. Song is very "Moonraker"-esque, down-paced, beautifully orchestrated. I can see Thomas Newman liking this):

Goldfrapp with "Alvar" (This was performed live in Manchester and was also included in the DeLuxe edition of "Tales Of Us"):

Goldfrapp with "Drew" (Also live from Manchester. Perhaps a bit too 'emotional' for Bond? But the climax oozes '007'):

And some other instrumental versions of some of her past songs (2009). Again, very Barry-esque. Could fit perfectly in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service":

Remember that Goldfrapp's music has been used on many TV-series and even movies. I think if you really have to search for someone who knows how to compose unforgettable melodies, which is a lost art in movie scoring, then I think it would be a good thing to choose Goldfrapp. Perhaps a cooperation between Thomas Newman and Goldfrapp?

One of the reasons many people in here kind of forget Goldfrapp, is because her magnificent songs, especially her recent ones, don't get airplay anymore. That's because people like the 'sophistication' from Rihanna more......ahem [-(
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Why don't we get people other than Shirley Bassey to return. Paul Mccartney? Tom Jones?
    Garbage?
  • Here is another one of those rumor mills that pits singer Lana Del Rey against Sam Smith for the Bond 24 theme song.http://breakingnews.ie/showbiz/lana-del-rey-and-sam-smith-battle-for-bond-24-theme-640450.html
  • RikRik Southend
    Chris1984 wrote: »
    Here is another one of those rumor mills that pits singer Lana Del Rey against Sam Smith for the Bond 24 theme song.http://breakingnews.ie/showbiz/lana-del-rey-and-sam-smith-battle-for-bond-24-theme-640450.html

I really hope it's not either of them. Can't stand their stuff.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Campbell2 wrote: »

Let me show you three songs from her latest album, "Tales Of Us" (2013), and one from her 2012 "The Singles" album. Especially 'live' Goldfrapp still amazes me. But also instrumentally, it's pure class:

Goldfrapp with "Melancholy Sky" (This is the instrumental version. Very John Barry-esque. I can already imagine Bond and the Bond-girl skiing on this):

Goldfrapp with "Clay" (live at Jools Holland. Song is very "Moonraker"-esque, down-paced, beautifully orchestrated. I can see Thomas Newman liking this):

Goldfrapp with "Alvar" (This was performed live in Manchester and was also included in the DeLuxe edition of "Tales Of Us"):

Goldfrapp with "Drew" (Also live from Manchester. Perhaps a bit too 'emotional' for Bond? But the climax oozes '007'):

And some other instrumental versions of some of her past songs (2009). Again, very Barry-esque. Could fit perfectly in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service":

Remember that Goldfrapp's music has been used on many TV-series and even movies. I think if you really have to search for someone who knows how to compose unforgettable melodies, which is a lost art in movie scoring, then I think it would be a good thing to choose Goldfrapp. Perhaps a cooperation between Thomas Newman and Goldfrapp?

One of the reasons many people in here kind of forget Goldfrapp, is because her magnificent songs, especially her recent ones, don't get airplay anymore. That's because people like the 'sophistication' from Rihanna more......ahem [-(

Amazing finds! TY for this, Graves. Spot on about the airplay, so many fantastic songs, artists never get wider recognition because they don't fit the mainstream radio slots these days.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why don't we get people other than Shirley Bassey to return. Paul Mccartney? Tom Jones?
    Garbage?

Paul McCartney and Tom Jones are way past it, but I would not go so far as calling them garbage.
    Or what about making another Bond connection.....with Grace Jones ;-)?? Yeah yeah, I know many people say she's too old. But I think some younger fans could use a little history lesson about Grace Jones' discography....and especially her whicked live performances. Her last brand new original (comeback) album dates from 2008. And based on that album she gave some wunderful performances in 2010 during The Night Of The Proms (Dutch edition). Have a look at her.....feel amazed......about her voice, her songs.....and her "May Day" outfits ;-):

• RikRik Southend
    Myles Kennedy. Either on his own or with Alter Bridge https://youtube.com/watch?v=sAYrAu-jnMY
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2014 Posts: 1,756
    I think we can basically rule out any artist a typical 16 year old teenager wouldn't recognize immediately.
    I think we can basically rule out any artist a typical 16 year old teenager wouldn't recognize immediately.

Sadly....so true :-(
This discussion has been closed.