What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

Chris Cornell again. "You know my name" is a great song.
    Would have made more sense in the 1990s.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,443
    If Eon heard from this news, i think we have the singer for Bond 24 or Bond 25

English!! singer Sam Smith celling 166.000 albums in the VS. Earlier Lana Del Rey celling more albums.

Source: http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3812267/debuutalbum-sam-smith-behaalt-verkooprecord-in-vs.html (Dutch)

New single:

Previous single
    M_Balje wrote:

English!! singer Sam Smith celling 166.000 albums in the VS. Earlier Lana Del Rey celling more albums.

Source: http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3812267/debuutalbum-sam-smith-behaalt-verkooprecord-in-vs.html (Dutch)

New single:

Previous single

He is very good! But what kind of vibe and tempo would the song have?
    Sam Smith is having his breakout year. He could well be a contender for a theme song at some point.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mike Oldfield

I heard this song on Banshee (good show, by the way!) and had to think of Bond:

What do you experts think? ;)
    xolani wrote: »
    I heard this song on Banshee (good show, by the way!) and had to think of Bond:

What do you experts think? ;)
    Ivy Would be good
    Katherine Jenkins.Great voice.
    o-KATHERINE-JENKINS-570.jpg?6
    001 wrote: »

Now your talking!!!! But? An opera song for Bond? Just won't ever happen!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I'm sure she has enjoyed some karoake in which she has sung some pop rock tunes...
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I'm sure she has enjoyed some karoake in which she has sung some pop rock tunes...

Good or bad? I would be shouting for more!!! :-bd
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I want this guy to compose the new theme song:

Just kidding! (although he is kinda ... addictive.) ;-)

Nah, I would like U2 to go at it again.
    U2 would be my first choice for Bond 24, although I'll concede that they would have been a better choice back in the early and mid 2000s when they were riding the successes of the All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb albums.

I'd also like to see Lindsey Buckingham take a crack at a Bond title song.
    @dalton You're probably right about U2 being a better choice in a past iteration - they've almost become to self aware now and tripping over themselves more but I'd love to see them still do a Bond?

Left field choice - how about Bryan Ferry with something with the feel of Slave to Love? Something not so frenetic but still with poignancy?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Fitz and the Tantrums. They're and awesome band with a great sound and the lead singer can actually sing.

• edited August 2014 Posts: 1,661
    Michael Jackson Xscape 2014 remix version:

A brilliant remix of a cool tune. James Bond - Xscape! I'm sure Purvis and Wade can write some cheesy dialogue where Bond says

""I gotta xscape the clutches of the evil Doctor Potty Pants!"
  • I'm gonna be so hated for this, but I think Adele should do it. Really, "Skyfall" was epic! :D
    Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This, is a great song.Great voice.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm gonna be so hated for this, but I think Adele should do it. Really, "Skyfall" was epic! :D

You won't be alone in wanting her to do it. Last we heard Daniel Craig wanted her, too. :) I certainly wouldn't mind her. I just like giving new people a chance.
  • Pretty cool video. Just listen to it. :)
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,661
    If you wanted a pop/smooth dance track as Bond 24 - this would be great. It's not remotely Bond-like but if you wanted a radically different type of theme tune, this would be one to consider. Please listen to the whole track as it's part vocal, part instrumental. It's an epic feel good pop track.

I could imagine this working for a summer outdoor looking type Bond film like Thunderball. :) How about a radically different type of Bond theme? Something totally different to other Bond themes. Something like this would fit the bill! Cooley dooley!!!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,690
    I'd like a 'proper' rock Song. Of course Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys are british but I bit too 'well-known' for Bond, and I don't think they would fit.

How about The Kills?

• edited August 2014 Posts: 2,598
    M_Balje wrote: »

New single:

Previous single

Yeah, I just heard on the radio that Sam Smith is in the running for the next Bond tune. Then, I went to Google and found some articles. Here's one:

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/sam-smith-running-record-theme-next-james-bond-movie/

Don't know whether this is old news or new news. Knowing me, "a slow off the mark" kind of guy, the former. :)
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 372
    I hope they choose a solo male vocalist for the theme song. YKMN was great, and maybe people find Tom Jones kitsch but I actually quite like Thunderball as well. Anyway if I'm honest I think they will go for Adele again.
    I just want them to get someone who can do a great Bond and do one early enough to be able to collaborate with whomever is scoring the thing. One if the biggest missed opportunities with SF was the lack of collaboration between Adele/Epworth and Newman. I want musical cues of whatever the Bond theme is; something Arnold was able to do with Cornel.
    mendes and EON must insist they collaborate. Newman was out of order refusing to work with Adele and Epworth. His score is the worse for it as well.
  • Ella Henderson. Beautiful voice.
    Getafix wrote: »
    mendes and EON must insist they collaborate. Newman was out of order refusing to work with Adele and Epworth. His score is the worse for it as well.

There appears to be conflicting stories as to what went down. On one hand, Newman didn't want to work with Epworth and Adele and didn't even want to use the Bind theme apparently....and on the other, Epworth and Adele finished making the theme song too late for Newman to create a score that made generous use of implementing cues from their theme song. Anyone got anything concrete as to what actually happened?
  • 1st choice Ellie Goulding -
    2nd choice - Amy Macdonald-
    3rd choice AC/DC
This discussion has been closed.