SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RC7 wrote: »
    Moderator: @Gustav_Graves, you could try not getting so excited too. It's only a film.

Dear moderator,
    only a film??? Are you kidding me? How can the moderator of a Bond forum write that Bond 24 is "only a film"? :bz

Not only is it only a film. It is even only a Bond film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't ever want to see that again. Thank God they got Olivier Schneider to choreograph the fights!
    Moderator: @Gustav_Graves, you could try not getting so excited too. It's only a film.

Dear moderator,
    only a film??? Are you kidding me? How can the moderator of a Bond forum write that Bond 24 is "only a film"? :bz

So why then are you here, when Bond films are even less deserving of any attention then other films?

IMO GG's exaggerations are less weird then this "Oh I am so cool, that nothing can even slightly wet my pants" attitude, that some others have.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You could even say it is only a Craig film. ;)
    You could even say it is only a Craig film. ;)

You COULD do that ;)

Dear moderator,

If I was a moderator, I would ban you. (just joking) :bz
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote: »
    IMO GG's exaggerations are less weird then this "Oh I am so cool, that nothing can even slightly wet my pants" attitude

I'm not cool, I'm totally badass.

Seriously, we dissect the minutiae of Bond films on here. We are by definition the opposite of cool. I just have a strong bladder.
    IMO GG's exaggerations are less weird then this "Oh I am so cool, that nothing can even slightly wet my pants" attitude

Seriously, we dissect the minutiae of Bond films on here. We are by definition the opposite of cool. I just have a strong bladder.

It's not like we are discussing superhero movies, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Bond has always been cool and always will be.
  • RC7RC7

It's not like we are discussing superhero movies, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Bond has always been cool and always will be.

You keep telling yourself that, I will too. I'm not sure knowing the number plates of every 007 car is industry standard 'cool', but I'm sure we can convince some people.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 14,844
    About the henchman: is it me or do the (still rumored?) casting choice for the henchman means a more brutish looking henchman than the Aryan type we have seen in the last few decades, from the later days of Moore's tenure to Brosnan?
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »
    About the henchman: is it me or do the (still rumored?) casting choice for the henchman means a more brutish looking henchman than the Aryan type we have seen in the last few decades, from the later days of Moore's tenure to Brosnan?

We haven't seen anyone like Bautista. He's quite comic book, which could be a blessing or a curse. He's not the ruthless, efficient killer type, like Grant - he'd certainly never be able to travel incognito, but he's also not quite Jaws or odd job, because he's clearly a fighting machine. He reminds me of Zangief from Street Fighter.
    Yes more like a circus strong man. People who complained that SF was too much like TDK might think he is too much like Bane. I love Grant, but his clones, not so much and I am glad they are not trying to make another Aryan henchman. I do not like Jaws, but I found Gobinda and Tee Hee underrated, if only because of their appearances.
    if SF = TDK, will B24 = TDKR ... God I hope not!
  • mnhettia wrote: »
    if SF = TDK, will B24 = TDKR ... God I hope not!

But if SF = TWINE and TDKR also = TWINE then... ;)

You keep telling yourself that, I will too. I'm not sure knowing the number plates of every 007 car is industry standard 'cool', but I'm sure we can convince some people.

I don't give a damn about stuff like 007 car number plates. I mostly care about the filmmaking aspect of the franchise. (That's why I rarely post in threads not related to the upcoming Bond film).
  • RC7RC7

I don't give a damn about stuff like 007 car number plates. I mostly care about the filmmaking aspect of the franchise. (That's why I rarely post in threads not related to the upcoming Bond film).

I apologise, your Royal Coolness.

Dear moderator,

If I was a moderator, I would ban you. (just joking) :bz

Perhaps Hinx needs to tone down my enthusiasm........by cutting of my little finger Tee Hee-style ;-). I guess I would smile even harder then.
    Just watched the two interviews on a previous page of Dave Bautista from TGOTG premiere? What a nice guy, have to say I have not seen the film as of yet? But I would never have guessed that was him though I must say! :-O

Winter Bond film it is then hey? Suits me as we haven't really had one in a long time. :-bd
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Bautista is far taller than the character of Bane. Overall, I don't expect there to be much similar there.
    Bautista is far taller than the character of Bane. Overall, I don't expect there to be much similar there.

He is not as lean, fair and blond as the henchmen we often saw though. And there is something of the circus strongman in him, which is akin to Bane in TDKR. But I don't think he will be as articulate as Bane, or as smart.
  • AdaShelby wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Do people think Lea Seydoux is definitely going to be femme fatale like Fiona Volpe or are we gonna get another Severine-type character?

Hoping she is going to be a Fiona Volpe type of character? However, if that is the case? What about the other leading lady who we are told is going to be British and plays a British female leading role?

That's what I hope her to be. A Fiona Volpe-esque Bond bitch :-).

I totally agree. I'm also hoping that she is a villain because if she isn't our Bond girls are just gonna be the same as Skyfall - "the British agent" and the femme fatale who is on Bond's side.

I'm hoping Lea's a villain too.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Zekidk wrote: »
    They won't cast an actress to play the main Bond girl who is less accomplished and well-known than the secondary Bond girl.
    They've done that in the past. TND, AVTAK to name a few.

Most main Bond-girls have been unknowns at the time. The only A-class female actors who've been lead Bond girls have been Diana Rigg and Halle Berry, IIRC.

Tanya Roberts was pretty big in 1985, coming off Sheena and Charlie's Angels.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    NicNac wrote: »
    If they try too hard to cram too many classic elements into the film you can end up with DAD

Both "Skyfall" and "DAD" did it. But I can't help feeling that with DAD these classical references were too much. In SF the references were more...mildly executed I think.

They just don't need references, full stop. They should take the key tropes of the franchise, the ones that need to exist to make it a Bond movie, and then innovate. What I'd like from B24 is for it to feature elements, whether that be in the editing, music, production design, whatever, that take me by surprise. I want to feel like I'm clearly 'in' a Bond movie (GB could help there), but that the rules have been tweaked just enough, so that it feels fresh. I don't want any nostalgia. With the finished script they should comb it for any overt or even nuanced nods to the franchise and ask themselves, 'Do we need this, what does it give us?'. I imagine the honest answer would be, 'No. It gives us nothing'. Then replace it with something interesting, inventive, new. SF doesn't go overboard in anywhere near the same way as DAD and those elements they do reference, the LTK gun, the Radio (homer), The Komodo's etc. are quite subtle, but the question is, why? It doesn't add anything. The LTK gun has a frankly irrelevant pay-off, the Radio is quintessential deus ex machina and the Komodos would not be missed in the slightest. Don't get me started on the DB5.

I agree with you, and I think going back and picking up elements of Fleming is a good start. The pistols scene in SF was much more effective than seeing Fields dipped in oil or yet another person coming out of the ocean...
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    echo wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    If they try too hard to cram too many classic elements into the film you can end up with DAD

Both "Skyfall" and "DAD" did it. But I can't help feeling that with DAD these classical references were too much. In SF the references were more...mildly executed I think.

They just don't need references, full stop. They should take the key tropes of the franchise, the ones that need to exist to make it a Bond movie, and then innovate. What I'd like from B24 is for it to feature elements, whether that be in the editing, music, production design, whatever, that take me by surprise. I want to feel like I'm clearly 'in' a Bond movie (GB could help there), but that the rules have been tweaked just enough, so that it feels fresh. I don't want any nostalgia. With the finished script they should comb it for any overt or even nuanced nods to the franchise and ask themselves, 'Do we need this, what does it give us?'. I imagine the honest answer would be, 'No. It gives us nothing'. Then replace it with something interesting, inventive, new. SF doesn't go overboard in anywhere near the same way as DAD and those elements they do reference, the LTK gun, the Radio (homer), The Komodo's etc. are quite subtle, but the question is, why? It doesn't add anything. The LTK gun has a frankly irrelevant pay-off, the Radio is quintessential deus ex machina and the Komodos would not be missed in the slightest. Don't get me started on the DB5.

I agree with you, and I think going back and picking up elements of Fleming is a good start. The pistols scene in SF was much more effective than seeing Fields dipped in oil or yet another person coming out of the ocean...

Well, I could say something now, but wouldn't I be accused of posting too much off topic "stuff"? :-)
    echo wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    They won't cast an actress to play the main Bond girl who is less accomplished and well-known than the secondary Bond girl.
    They've done that in the past. TND, AVTAK to name a few.

Most main Bond-girls have been unknowns at the time. The only A-class female actors who've been lead Bond girls have been Diana Rigg and Halle Berry, IIRC.

Tanya Roberts was pretty big in 1985, coming off Sheena and Charlie's Angels.

She was, but she was the exception, not the rule. Diana Rigg was famous, but not so much in the US.
  • Orf tv news footage about Bond 24 filming location Obertilliach in Austria:

http://t.co/vSdgCq1fi1

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks for sharing @skullkrusher, interesting "Reportage", though it always takes me a while to get used to the Austrian accent. Did anyone notice the detail in the roof?
    8QEz6nR.png
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Orf tv news footage about Bond 24 filming location Obertilliach in Austria:

http://t.co/vSdgCq1fi1

Great!
    Translation, please!!
  • Sandy wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing @skullkrusher, interesting "Reportage", though it always takes me a while to get used to the Austrian accent. Did anyone notice the detail in the roof?
    8QEz6nR.png

Looks like a Lutheran Rose.

Nothing new. Still no official announcement from any side. All the people you see interviewed only know, what we do - about the crash and blowing it up - probably.
    They say, its still all very secretive. Spy-like ;)