SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    An announcement in a sports-shop in Lienz (the major town next to Obertilliach) has been posted, looking for around 150 people trained as mountain rescuers, drivers of snow groomers and craftsmen. Good knowledge of English is a bonus. The jobs are for November to February.

Reported by Kleine Zeitung: http://www.kleinezeitung.at/nachrichten/kultur/3771840/james-bond-braucht-hilfe-osttirol.story

Workers for sets or extras for action scenes perhaps? At least that's what I'm hoping.

It seems very likely, I would say.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    An announcement in a sports-shop in Lienz (the major town next to Obertilliach) has been posted, looking for around 150 people trained as mountain rescuers, drivers of snow groomers and craftsmen. Good knowledge of English is a bonus. The jobs are for November to February.

Reported by Kleine Zeitung: http://www.kleinezeitung.at/nachrichten/kultur/3771840/james-bond-braucht-hilfe-osttirol.story

More information on this and the latest pictures from the Obertilliach set are here:
    http://www.dolomitenstadt.at/2014/10/14/james-bond-sucht-mitstreiter-streng-geheim/

james-bond-kulisse-large.jpg

james-bond-bauernhaus-tilliach.jpg

Well, this kinda confirms it :-). Bond 24 will be a "Winter/Snow Bond Film" :-). Because of this news and the fact that there will be "ongoing work from November to February" I find it hard to see why Austria will double for Norway. It would mean using CGI to an even greater extent than in SF. Also, the house now already looks like typical Austrian architecture. So I think they fully changed the script to Austria.

As this news was posted in a sports shop in Lienz, I think the possibility grows that Grand Hotel Lienz will be used for crew (and perhaps cast), as "the jobs are from November to February".

It also gives away quite a big plot spoiler: There will be a "snow rescue" involving "drivers of snow groomers". This could mean that Bond 24 will feature, like OHMSS a huge snow storm or a huge snow avalanche. And that fact makes it even more likely that Austria will be the main location featured in the 2nd half of the film. I can't see how they use a rescue mission in the PTS.

WUN-DER-FUL news :-)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @Gustav_Graves, I don't want to dampen your excitement, but it more likely means that they need workers to stage a plane crash. Rescue teams will certainly be required close by in case there is a work-related accident in the snow.
  • RC7RC7
    I can't see how they use a rescue mission in the PTS.

Does it specifically state in the article that they need mountain rescue teams to portray mountain rescue teams? My initial reaction to the @Zebrafish post was that they were looking for crew who are capable of working in such terrain, not necessarily to be on screen. If you look at the previous two films we have a PTS in Italy and one in Turkey. Given the locations we currently know about, Italy and Morocco, these are tonally similar. If Mendes wanted something completely different to kick off B24 then an Austrian scene such as this would seem like a decent call. Just speculation on my part.
    @Gustav_Graves, I don't want to dampen your excitement, but it more likely means that they need workers to stage a plane crash. Rescue teams will certainly be required close by in case there is a work-related accident in the snow.

Could also be the case yes. Though for me it sounds like the announcment made for "Skyfall" that they needed many policemen to stage a terrorist attack in London.

These kind of "open announcements" are usually made to gather crowds for scenes no? Like the people in the Opera Scene in Bregenz (QOS) and, like I said above, policemen for the terrorist attacks in London (SF).

If EON needs workers, and especially 150 rescue people to be there during filming, then EON usually calls them privately no? For me it sounds like it is part of a major scene.

Also, Die Kleine Zeitung clearly mentions in their article ( http://www.kleinezeitung.at/nachrichten/kultur/3771840/james-bond-braucht-hilfe-osttirol.story ) that the header of the announcement was "große Winterproduktion in Osttirol für insgesamt sechs Wochen". Translated this will be: "Large winter production in East Tirol for a total of six weeks."

Die Kleine Zeitung also quotes: "Ein Tourismusverband soll inzwischen bei Hotels im Kärntner und Tiroler Lesachtal angefragt haben, ob im Februar 400 Betten verfügbar wären". It means that EON Productions is also looking for at least 400 beds to be booked during this "wintery production" in hotels in the Lesach-Tal (Lesach Valley in East Tirol).

Well, in any case, this 24th Bond film sounds like it is becoming an even bigger production than "Skyfall".
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @RC7: It is no casting call for extras. It is for workers.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7: It is no casting call for extras. It is for workers.

I thought so, thanks for confirming.

Here is the full announcement, in German:
    “Wir würden für eine große Winterproduktion in Osttirol viele engagierte Helfer benötigen. Zeit: von Ende November/Anfang Dezember 2014 für zwei Wochen und Mitte Jänner bis Mitte Februar 2015 vier Wochen. Einige Jobs werden auch von Anfang November bis Mitte Februar vergeben!

Jeder der Lust und Zeit hat im gesamten Zeitraum oder auch nur wochenweise sich ein gutes Geld zu verdienen, soll sich bitte einfach im La Ola – Shop in der Mühlgasse 15 in Lienz melden, spätestens bis zum 31. Oktober 2014.

Voraussetzungen: vollendetes 18. Lebensjahr, Führerschein, Kenntnisse der englischen Sprache (je perfekter umso besser), aber kein Muss! Sollte jemand spezielle Ausbildungen wie Pistenraupenfahrer, Bergfüher, Skidoo, Bergretter, diverse Handwerksspezifikationen, perfektes Englisch etc. besitzen, hat die besten Karten an die richtig guten Jobs zu kommen.

Einfach vorbeikommen, ein Formular ausfüllen, ein Foto machen und schon steht einem interessanten Job nichts mehr im Wege! Für Leute die auswärts arbeiten oder studieren und es nicht bis Ende Oktober nach Lienz schaffen, gibt es die Möglichkeit sich online zu bewerben. Einfach ein Mail an [email protected] und wir schicken euch die Unterlagen zu!”

The line in bold says it all. EON Productions is looking for extras, like I expected. And quite a lot of people really. The sentence in bold says "Everyone who wants to earn some extra money and who is in the mood to be part of a winter production..." They also say it is not a necessity to be experienced, but it would be helpful. It's a call for extras.
    I don't think they need 150 people just as working people NOT being in the film. Probably being used them as extras AND workmen.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I don't think they need 150 people just as working people NOT being in the film. Probably being used them as extras AND workmen.

Yes, it is a call for extras. I understand and speak German fluently.

• RC7RC7
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Germanlady wrote: »

Yes, that is likely @Germanlady. Given the terrain they'll need people who are capable of looking after themselves and each other.

• edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Do people think Lea Seydoux is definitely going to be femme fatale like Fiona Volpe or are we gonna get another Severine-type character?

Hoping she is going to be a Fiona Volpe type of character? However, if that is the case? What about the other leading lady who we are told is going to be British and plays a British female leading role?

That's what I hope her to be. A Fiona Volpe-esque Bond bitch :-).

I totally agree. I'm also hoping that she is a villain because if she isn't our Bond girls are just gonna be the same as Skyfall - "the British agent" and the femme fatale who is on Bond's side.

Regarding her backstory, if the rumours that Lea's Bond girl has a history with Bond. Her being a villain would be an interesting dynamic.
    A few things we can summarize now:
    --> They film in Austria for quite some time between November and February
    --> They have jobs for extras from end of November till Early December (two weeks)
    --> And they have jobs for extras from early January till early February (four weeks)
    --> Bond 24 will feature a snow rescue (mission)
    --> Hotels are being booked in Lienz, Kärtner/Tiroler Lesach Valley
    --> Bond 24 will also be a "large 6 week winter production in East Tirol"
  • RC7RC7

Am I right in thinking there are quite a few castles in East Tyrol?

Well, this kinda confirms it :-). Bond 24 will be a "Winter/Snow Bond Film" :-).

No, it won't be. Morocco, Rome and other Italian locations are filming locations too. A large part of the movie won't be snowy.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    RC7 wrote: »

What are you thinking? Please do share @RC7, I'm curious.
  • RC7RC7
    Sandy wrote: »

Oh, I just remembered hearing about the castles in Tyrol when I took a brief trip to Kitzbuhel about 18 months ago. It just made me think they would potentially make interesting locations.

Well, this kinda confirms it :-). Bond 24 will be a "Winter/Snow Bond Film" :-).

No, it won't be. Morocco, Rome and other Italian locations are filming locations too. A large part of the movie won't be snowy. Still, reading about a "snow rescue" taking place close to that large Austrian "Bauernhof-Haus" that is constructed at this very moment, is really a plot detail, that I can't place easily at the start of the movie.

In all honesty, I also expect something like in FYEO: Large part snow, but also large part good summer weather.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 5,767
    A few things we can summarize now:
    --> They film in Austria for quite some time between November and February
    --> They have jobs for extras from end of November till Early December (two weeks)
    --> And they have jobs for extras from early January till early February (four weeks)
    --> Bond 24 will feature a snow rescue (mission)
    --> Hotels are being booked in Lienz, Kärtner/Tiroler Lesach Valley
    Your facts are hilarious, @Gustav_Graves. How long did they film on the QOS PTS?
    Sandy wrote: »

Oh, I just remembered hearing about the castles in Tyrol when I took a brief trip to Kitzbuhel about 18 months ago. It just made me think they would potentially make interesting locations.
    There´s hardly a place in Tyrol that wouldn´t make a gorgeous background for a Bond film. The landscapes there are pure beauty.

Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    After looking at a tonne of pics and re-reading what little info/rumours we have, i think Froggatt is going to be the leading lady.

The main Bond girl will be an A-list actress.

Which would be another step in the wrong direction. The beauty of the Bond franchise has always been,that it doesn't need to be an all star ensemble to work. Each and every star on the hiring list (doesn't matter on what side of the camera ) just means less money for locations and all the other stuff I (and I suppose many others ) associate with Bond movies.

The best is to combine both:
    A) Typical, but unique and suave Bond looks and beauty,
    with,
    B) Top notch acting skills on a stellar Oscar-worthy acting CV.

Sure it would. But there is only so much one can invest in one movie. Why not find great actors before even the Academy (known to be last almost all the time to get the message ) knows about them?
    all investment questions aside, Bond girls work better as unknown so we can see the character, not the star. That said, so far during the Craig era relative unknown have been cast.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,460
    http://www.npo.nl/3-op-reis/05-10-2014/BNN_101369698
    Go to 9.14 - 10.45 and 12.56-20.30 and you wil see Italy South Tirol who have some Austria looks because first it whas from Austra and now Italy. If iam correct it on the edge of Austra close there film with Bond. The embisy is set in Rome. Mabey Italy dubbing for Austria or the other way around.

And litle imdb update, Chris Corbould is back..
    M_Balje wrote: »
    And litle imdb update, Chris Corbould is back..

Great news! I thought he would miss this Bond film since he is busy working on Star Wars Episode VII.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 3,169
    Well, this kinda confirms it :-). Bond 24 will be a "Winter/Snow Bond Film" :-). Because of this news and the fact that there will be "ongoing work from November to February"
    There was "ongoing work" for several months in Turkey, too, when shooting SF, and what we got was a 13 minute PCS ;-)
    Besides, reports so far say that Craig will only be in Austria for a total of three days. IIRC, he spent longer time in Turkey. So if Austria/Norway turns out to be a prime location, there has to be a lot of shooting going on at Pinewood on interior sets. I imagine they are already building the interior part of the huge lodge we see on the pictures from Obetilliach, unless it's just some random building being blown up.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited October 2014 Posts: 574
    Wow. lots of new information today. When do you think the press conference will be announced? early November?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Hinx has unfortunate reminders of Jinx as a character name... #-o
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    With the way Bautista looks and if he's written well, he can be called captain doodoo for all I care. Just so long as he own the role and is amazing in the film but yeah Hinx is a sucky name even for a place holder.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Hinx has unfortunate reminders of Jinx as a character name... #-o
    Not exactly the same look though.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    With the way Bautista looks and if he's written well, he can be called captain doodoo for all I care. Just so long as he own the role and is amazing in the film but yeah Hinx is a sucky name even for a place holder.

Hinx is a dumb name, but even if they use it at least it won't be another clone of Red Grant.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love Bautista in film so far and I can't wait to see him go toe-to-toe with Craig. This should be Craig's harshest fight yet in his films, so now the main question for me will be whether Mendes can film it properly and make it look intense enough.
    They could use his real name as a villain's name... Sounds nasty.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    so now the main question for me will be whether Mendes can film it properly and make it look intense enough.

Maybe Craig will adopt his Victorian Boxing stance from SF, 'Pud 'em up'.