SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So in CR Bond sinks an entire building for the finale.

In QoS he blows up a hotel in the finale.

In SF Bond goes the extra mile and blows up his own home for the finale.

And for Bond 24 it's very likely he's going to blow up or even be the one to orchestrate crashing the planes into whatever Austrian structure they're building.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

And for Bond 24 it's very likely he's going to blow up or even be the one to orchestrate crashing the planes into whatever Austrian structure they're building.

Bond: "Construction's not exactly my specialty..."
    M: "Quite the opposite, in fact."
  • RC7RC7
    Thanks for the info @JamesBondde

Judging by the perspective, the structure looks very similar to the lodge in the background. This suggests a bit of destruction is on the cards, I imagine.
    I have serious concerns over the budget? I mean? How much money did they blow on that sign for the Production office in Rome?!!! ;)
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I have serious concerns over the budget? I mean? How much money did they blow on that sign for the Production office in Rome?!!! ;)

Ha ha. Always the same. Production teams know exactly where not to spend the money! Even the Pinewood production offices have paper blu-tacked up. Sam will have his plaque of course.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's coming along nicely. This mix of locations should work wonders.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »

Bond: "Construction's not exactly my specialty..."
    M: "Quite the opposite, in fact."
    Touche
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 3,169
    This alone could mean that Austria this time around could be the main location of Bond 24
    No, no. It has already been reported that Norway will feature as a location. So Austria will double for Norway. We won't get two snowy locations set in two different countries. That's unlikely. If you look at the following angle, there's nothing to tell that this is in fact Austria. Could be almost anywhere in the northern climate zones - even Spitsbergen in Norway:

James_Bond_sprengt_bald_dieses_Haus_in_Osttirol-Erste_Details_zu_007-Story-422137_470x266px_1_sXp63OcYG15JU_1206445_470.jpg
    it's crazy to me in less then 2 months Bond 24 begins filming.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    No, no. It has already been reported that Norway will feature as a location.

The only thing that has been reported is that they were considering filming in Norway. Even if they were planning to include Norway as a location James Bond actually visits in the movie, they could have easily changed that.

At this point is is not unlikely at all that Norway won't be featured as a location in Bond 24.
    At this point is is not unlikely at all that Norway won't be featured as a location in Bond 24.
    Guess it's time to ditch all those scandnavian actresses who's reportedly been tested then, and look for someone austrian ;-) In fact they haven't screentested a single austrian yet, have they? I wonder why ;-) I think the coming months will show if Austria and/or Norway will feature as location. All we can do is wait and see.
    Guess it's time to ditch all those scandnavian actresses who's reportedly been tested then, and look for someone austrian ;-) In fact they haven't screentested a single austrian yet, have they? I wonder why ;-) I think the coming months will show if Austria and/or Norway will feature as location. All we can do is wait and see.
    I

I wanna bet it's Austria. Austria welcomes movie companies with more open arms. Especially when looking at tax reductions and other financial benefits. Otherwise in 2012 the PAS for Skyfall would have been filmed in India.
    @Gustav_Graves

Huh? So you are saying that Austria can't double for Norway because "Austria welcomes movie companies with more open arms", or what's your point?

Because that's exactly my point: Norway will be featured as location in the movie, but the scenes that are to look like Norway will be shot in Austria, because Austria welcomes movie companies with more open arms than Norway. ;-)

I'll take you up on that bet! I'm even almost willing to bet that the house they are building currently in Obertilliach will eventually look like one of those found all over Spitsbergen:
    Longyearbyen_Svalbard_Norway.jpg

Sorry, you are absolutely right, I forgot that Scandinavians are not allowed to visit Austria. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ... L-)
    I'll take you up on that bet! I'm even almost willing to bet that the house they are building currently in Obertilliach will eventually look like one of those found all over Spitsbergen:
    Longyearbyen_Svalbard_Norway.jpg

Take a look at tis photo: http://www.jamesbond.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/obertilliach1.jpg Do you see all those trees?

How many trees do you see on the photo you posted? Or on any photo of Spitsbergen?
    Sorry, you are absolutely right, I forgot that Scandinavians are not allowed to visit Austria. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ... L-)
    Guess it does make sense casting scandianavians to speak english in Austria. Anything is possible.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 30
    Right now, with all the information I or we have, I think @Zekidk is right.

And this is also what I hear directly from Obertilliach. Which is of course a pitty for me as an Austrian, but otherwise, at least they are shooting here... again :)

I think trees etc. they would easily adapt or remove with CGI.

but yeah, just wait and let's see, we'll know soon enough. and we don't have to know every little detail in advance - and Barbara also doesn't want us to know... ;)

• Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    So we think Austria doubles for Spitsbergen? Aw shame, I would have wanted some Austrian Alps atmosphere. I'm never really sold when they try to make one place look like another.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Right now, with all the information I or we have, I think @Zekidk is right.

And this is also what I hear directly from Obertilliach. Which is of course a pitty for me as an Austrian, but otherwise, at least they are shooting here... again :)

but yeah, just wait and let's see, we'll know soon enough. and we don't have to know every little detail in advance - and Barbara also doesn't want us to know... ;)

And Austrian wintersports city Sölden with its countless ski slopes.

And the Austrian Rettenbachferner glacier.

And the Hotel Splendide-esque beauty of Austrian Grand Hotel Lienz (I did some checking of previous Bond films. In nearly all of them, when cast & crew is staying there, it will be used for shooting as well....most recent one the large white grand hotel QOS).

And the Golf Resort Hotel in Llevant, Austria.

They have to execute a lot of CGI to erase "Austria" from these locations.
    And Austrian wintersports city Sölden with its countless ski slopes. And the Austrian Rettenbachferner glacier. And the Hotel Splendide-esque beauty of Austrian Grand Hotel Lienz (I did some checking of previous Bond films. In nearly all of them, when cast & crew is staying there, it will be used for shooting as well....most recent one the large white grand hotel QOS). And the Golf Resort Hotel in Llevant, Austria. They have to execute a lot of CGI to erase "Austria" from these locations.
    Most of these places could easily double for places in Norway. They have glaciers, hotels and beautiful looking ski resorts in Norway, too. ;-)
    Personally, I really hope B24 will actually take place in Austria. Tyrol is a lot more exotic than Svalbard, and others places in Norway, but looking at it rationally, it probably ain't gonna happen.
  • RC7RC7
    (I did some checking of previous Bond films. In nearly all of them, when cast & crew is staying there, it will be used for shooting as well....most recent one the large white grand hotel QOS).

The Grand Andean? As far as I remember, that was the National Institute of Culture in Panama, with Bond's room being a set back at Pinewood.

Why not build the set somewhere in England, close to Pinewood then, if they are going to remove the background completely anyway?
    @PanchitoPistoles

That's a good point, but we don't know which angles they will shoot from and from what distance. We don't even know if it will be night- or dayshots.

The small town of Obertilliach must feature somehow I think, either as a foreground or background. If the town is indeed to double for somewhere in Norway, there's work to be done though (painting the fronts all red could do the job).
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Looks like this Blofeldy guy is testing some Italian and English lines, and introducing himself in this video. Some connection with Bond 24? Only time will tell. His name is Manfredi Aliquo, a veteran actor from Rome.

220px-Manfredi.Aliqu%C3%B2.JPG
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,312
    Could be self-promotion? Adding Bond 24 to your video certainly gives you extra-hits on YT.
  • And Austrian wintersports city Sölden with its countless ski slopes.

And the Austrian Rettenbachferner glacier.

And the Hotel Splendide-esque beauty of Austrian Grand Hotel Lienz (I did some checking of previous Bond films. In nearly all of them, when cast & crew is staying there, it will be used for shooting as well....most recent one the large white grand hotel QOS).

And the Golf Resort Hotel in Llevant, Austria.

They have to execute a lot of CGI to erase "Austria" from these locations.

we only know that they will be filming in Obertilliach and at the Rettenbachferner glacier - no other filming location in Austria is known until today - neither other locations in Sölden nor the hotel you mentioned (Daniel Craig will not sleep in a cheap hostel, he will sleep in a at least 4 star hotel, of course, like the Grand Hotel Lienz...).

and this is also the reason for my concerns: the Rettenbachferner is at over 3000m so there are no trees anymore - so it could perfectly double for Norway...

If we would get news about shooting at other Austrian locations, then everything would change, of course. But with the information we have right now, I would not bet on it.

But let's wait and see....
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    the Rettenbachferner is at over 3000m so there are no trees anymore - so it could perfectly double for Norway...

What about this place? This place can't double for Svalbard. obertilliach1.jpg
  • Looks like this Blofeldy guy is testing some Italian and English lines, and introducing himself in this video. Some connection with Bond 24? Only time will tell. His name is Manfredi Aliquo, a veteran actor from Rome.

220px-Manfredi.Aliqu%C3%B2.JPG

Great find Marketto!

I doubt this guy is a serious contender for any role but I'd imagine that the Bond people seek a large pool of talent to draw from internationally so I think the video is this guy's genuine audition for a role in Bond 24. He does hold a passing resemblance to Telly Salvalas so maybe Blofeld is in Bond 24?

I'm still quite flabbergasted by yesterday's message on Twitter from @Jamesbondlive. It was wrongly timed....not even true, as it was saying that the next day something very important would be made public (it was that same day). Yes, the launch of a new comic books from 007 is news, but it certainly did not need a tweet to make us all fuelled up.
    StoneShi wrote: »
    JWPepper, cheers friend. New potoshop software, lets me smooth the rough edges of previous aretworks. Lets now share and enjoy ALL artworks. Kudos. And welcome to the NEw concept of art works...

This reminds me. Abother unusued Fleming title I like to say.

THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH

And you should be ashamed too @StoneShi! Your nickname sounds like a badly executed Bond villain.