The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Fond childhood memories lol Cyble Danning pops into my mind for some reason
    :-\"
    You had the Playboy I take it...

• edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    No lol just recall a Hammer film she was in, not sure what film it was though the film makers felt it neccessay to repeat her disrobing several times during the end credits. It was definitely a vampire film. Will look it up.

Hmm can't find it, wonder if I m thinking of the Howling 2?
  • Star Trek The motion picture Bluray, watched a few scenes must say this looks better than I expected on this format. Its been digitally remastered though not restored, never the less looks better than any DVD version.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Picked up 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' and Roman Polanski's 'Macbeth' Criterion Collection blu-ray. Beyond pumped to watch both of them, especially once the latter arrives.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Before The Winter Chill
    The Trials Of Kate McCall

Kristin Scott Thomas & Kate Beckinsale, 2 of my favourite British actresses. :-bd
  • The wolf of wall street, blu-ray. My favourite movie of 2013.
    Godzilla (2014)
  • Star Trek III: The search for Spock on Bluray.
    All star Superman DVD american import.
    The Ghost and also Frantic on DVD both Polanski films.
    V for Vendetta on Bluray.
    Star Trek III: The search for Spock on Bluray.
    Bit of a coincidence- I just bought Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home on bluray.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Star Trek III: The search for Spock on Bluray.
    Bit of a coincidence- I just bought Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home on bluray.
    Wish I had gone ahead and bought the box set, love trek though was not convinced paramount would have put time and effort into the Bluray versions. Bizzarely watching motion picture again on Bluray some genuine jaw dropping moments. Very few modern movies you can say that about, that's for sure.
    I would go as far as stating Motion picture is the next step forward from 2001 A Space Odessey. Highly intelligent and visually stunning film, Dykstra and Trumbell were genius.

Just ordered Arrow season 2.

Batman Beyond return of the joker.

Side note... On new commentary there was a humourous suggestion that V'ger home planet was the same as the Borg. Like that notion...
    Bizzarely watching motion picture again on Bluray some genuine jaw dropping moments.
    How does the Klingon sequence look? I was curious if the BR version has nice true blacks-?
    The model shots look very good, you don't question it simply because the detail is first class.The leaving docking bay sequence is incredible even by today's standards. Funny tongue in cheek I thought watching the docking bay sequence, there is no more a beautiful lady than the Enterprise, As a fan highly recommend getting motion picture on Bluray its visually stunning. This from someone who loves the directors cut special edition. Buy it mate you won't be disappointed.
    This from someone who loves the directors cut special edition. Buy it mate you won't be disappointed.
    You are sort of forcing me to here.
    ;)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    chrisisall wrote: »
    This from someone who loves the directors cut special edition. Buy it mate you won't be disappointed.

You are sort of forcing me to here.
    ;)
    Ha ha buy it! You will notice things including short lived split lenses shots which are very hitchcockian. Must buy
    B-)

The colour depth is astonishing, more than ever you become aware of Robert Wises superb direction.

I love Wrath of Khan, from personal point of view this film is the opposite though the only film of the series that rivals it.

All I ask is for a tall ship, and a star to steer her by
    The Spirit.
    The Shinning... both on Bluray. Looking forward to watching the latter.
    Tomorrow Never Dies Blu ray. I can't wait! B-)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just bought a few blu-rays to add to the collection.
    Annoyed Mrs.Benny as I have already got two of them.

The Italian Job (Michael Caine)
    The Rock
    Rear Window

Going to be a good night / weekend in Benny's house.
    :-bd
    Crimson River 2 with Jean Reno.

I loved the first one and have never been able to see the 2nd one, so I am very curious how this movie will be.
    Benny wrote: »
    The Rock
    Just watched it- flawless transfer.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Ninth Configuration (Stacy Keach)
    A Twist Of Sand (Richard Johnson)
    Danger Route (Richard Johnson)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 503
    The Ghost Writer
    The Ghost Writer

With Brosnan and McGregor? Was just about to put that on, arrived in post today. Is it a good film?

• The Ghost Writer

With Brosnan and McGregor? Was just about to put that on, arrived in post today. Is it a good film?
    I've no idea,when i bought it i'd heard of the film but hadn't watched a trailer, bought it solely on the basis that Brosnan and Mcgregor were in it.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    The Ghost Writer

I've no idea,when i bought it i'd heard of the film but hadn't watched a trailer, bought it solely on the basis that Brosnan and Mcgregor were in it.
    Not watched it yet though Polanski directed the film he has a good track record when it comes to thrillers. Review's for film very positive, hopefully watch it tonight.
    Eraser.
    Scooby doo meets Batman. The classic cartoon, was 50p from a charity shop had to buy it!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Going to head out at midnight to blind buy 'Edge of Tomorrow' on blu-ray and enjoy it (hopefully) on my day off tomorrow.
  • Got this a while ago- my first big purchase in a while:

hallowsmallset.jpg

And I got this today!

1973197_10100509399062371_4767152455527422183_o.jpg
    Bastard Out Of Carolina (Jena Malone)
    Six Pack (Diane Lane)
    Gotham (Virginia Madsen)
    Rhapsody In Bloom (Penelope Ann Miller)

Once upon a time for the daughters & their mum.

For some reason they did program this show very late on a weekday, which was the cause of them not being able to watch it but a few episodes.
    The Green Hornet

Biggles 1985. Not seen this since I was a kid, will be interesting to revisit.