Report- Bond producers approach Rihanna for B24 role

Comments

• RC7RC7
    @Wiz - Robbie Williams is the one I was going to reference. Absolutely the same ball park.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Sandy wrote: »
    .... except that Craig never said she would be a dream Bond girl. He was placed with a choice "Beyoncé or Rihana" and he picked the later.

The only thing that surprises me is that this resulted already in a 2 page discussion /:)

I don't know where the "dream girl" quote comes from except that it is being reported.
    It does tie in with the Beyonce vs Riihanna story from 2012 I think, if it exists at all, but the "Dream girl" line did find its way into this fresh Rihanna report, and has since been spewed all over everywhere, including big city All News Radio reports.

Us Bond fans do need to get to the bottom of this. :P
    Such reportage nearly caused me to crash a car and caused much stress for rest of day...the discussion here is at least therapeutic.
    Where else can one go? :-S :!!
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University

This is just classic paper bullshit that we hear at the start of every Bond film; such as DAD was to be titled Beyond the Ice or that Robbie Williams would do the theme song (a popular refrain for every Bond film in the 90s).

The Mirror is a dismal rag so I don't imagine there is any truth in this story and we are panicking unnecessarily.

Going to stick my neck out here and say I trust Babs and MGW and think they are too sensible to let this happen. But then again I thought they would certainly put the GB at the start of SF and they were happy to spit in my face on that one so who knows?

This seems to be the most sensible answer. It's the usual spiel of the tabloid rags, no reason to get the pants all in a bunch over it.

• edited September 2014 Posts: 6,844
    I actually remember the interview in question, which appeared around the time Skyfall came out. (In fact, I've found it on youtube and posted it below; jump to 3:20 for the relevant part.) It was a silly question: "Who makes a better Bond girl: Rihanna or Beyonce?" and Daniel Craig's answer was simple and safe and certainly no glowing endorsement: "[long pause] I think Rihanna." And after prompted for an explanation: "She's dirtier." There you have it. When forced to choose between Rihanna and Beyonce in a silly interview question, Daniel Craig's answer was Rihanna because she's "dirtier." He also probably didn't want to draw correlations between himself and Beyonce's appearance in Goldmember.

youtube.com/watch?v=ajqyxJVCm30
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 1,261
    I actually remember the interview in question, which appeared around the time Skyfall came out. (In fact, I've found it on youtube and posted it below; jump to 3:20 for the relevant part.) It was a silly question: "Who makes a better Bond girl: Rihanna or Beyonce?" and Daniel Craig's answer was simple and safe and certainly no glowing endorsement: "[long pause] I think Rihanna." And after prompted for an explanation: "She's dirtier." There you have it. When forced to choose between Rihanna and Beyonce in a silly interview question, Daniel Craig's answer was Rihanna because she's "dirtier." He also probably didn't want to draw correlations between himself and Beyonce's appearance in Goldmember.

youtube.com/watch?v=ajqyxJVCm30

Thanks for clearing this up Some_Kind_of_Hero. Usual tabloid hotchpotch, maybe brought up by people who want to push Rihanna into a Bond movie. Or maybe just the usual rumourmill.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    RC7 wrote: »
    @Wiz - Robbie Williams is the one I was going to reference. Absolutely the same ball park.

I can remember a newspaper article in 1999 that even said Robbie Williams wanted to be the next James Bond! Still have it in one of my scrapbooks somewhere!

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wha-huh? The Rihanna rumours aren't true? Get under your umbrellas, I think I'm gonna cry.

This lady, on the other hand, is a huge possibility:

<a href="http://en.mediamass.net/people/miley-cyrus/james-bond.html">http://bsnews.co.uk/2014/09/30/james-bond-producers-confirm-miley-cyrus-for-role-3092014/</a>;

Now discuss... for a minimum of three pages.
    :)) see, Rihanna wasnt the most ridiculous rumour by far. Or worst..
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @QBranch seems to have been the only one in this thread to submit the appropriate response. 3 pages of grievances for what by now has been established as usual obligatory hype preproduction bs. I think some of you just like to get angry lol.
    Actually I find Rihanna really great eyecandy and her music is not so much my taste, and Miley Cyrus does not leave me hot or cold. EVen if my daughters really like both and would not mind seeing them in a 007 flic.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I never take these articles seriously. Someone is clearly having fun and doing some trolling. (The news reporter, nobody here.)
    Murdock wrote: »
    I never take these articles seriously. Someone is clearly having fun and doing some trolling. (The news reporter, nobody here.)

Yes, what else do these damned tabloid rags have to do but troll the senses out of everyone else?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, what else do these damned tabloid rags have to do but troll the senses out of everyone else?

Some people just want to watch the world burn. ;)

Indeed though I wish we could have a mass tabloid burning instead!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

With Rhianna alight in a wicker man too? Or is that just my sociopathic side coming out?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is hilarious. I clicked on the link QBranch gave us above just because it was listed as "bsnews" ... I thought how appropriate, maybe like the onion or just plain bad. And I found the link for Cyrus, but then I hit the home page and this magically appeared: the exact same article and wording, but using Brittany Daniel's name. Ha!

http://en.mediamass.net/people/brittany-daniel/james-bond.html
  • This is hilarious. I clicked on the link QBranch gave us above just because it was listed as "bsnews" ... I thought how appropriate, maybe like the onion or just plain bad. And I found the link for Cyrus, but then I hit the home page and this magically appeared: the exact same article and wording, but using Brittany Daniel's name. Ha!

That is hilarious. I guess Miley wasn't quite generating the hits they desired. Though I can't imagine Brittany Daniels would work much better for them. They must know something about their readership I don't.
    I say NO to Rihanna. Looks like EON is considering regressing back to "stunt casting".
    Need I remind everyone that this is what sunk the Brosnan age?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    I say NO to Rihanna. Looks like EON is considering regressing back to "stunt casting".

You are not taking this story seriously, are you @OHMSS60? I'm beginning to doubt your intelligence :-w
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 7,653
    OHMSS69 wrote: »

Really??

Rewriting history?

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This is hilarious. I clicked on the link QBranch gave us above just because it was listed as "bsnews" ... I thought how appropriate, maybe like the onion or just plain bad.
    hehe, that was my own little addition. ;)
    And I found the link for Cyrus, but then I hit the home page and this magically appeared: the exact same article and wording, but using Brittany Daniel's name. Ha!

Yep, that site is specifically set up to generate rumours just for a laugh, then they go and debunk them a day later.
    The Producers are not going to jepordise the new serious, successful Bond era with casting like this?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,116
    Nope ...Mendes and Craig wouldn't go for it I strongly believe. Idk if something Sony would push like a signed artist??
    Still doubt.
    Only rumor I wish would be true someday is All Pacino as a villain.

Mod Edit - Edited three posts together. @mcdonbb please do not triple post. We have an edit button for a reason.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,622
    This story still has legs. Google Bond 24, and the lead story is still Rihanna.
    From IGN Oct 1st.
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/01/rihanna-rumored-for-james-bond-24-theme-song-and-cameo

This latest update has stretched the speculation to cameo AND title song.

By Evan CampbellGrammy Award-winning singer Rihanna is rumored to have been approached by Eon Productions about the next James Bond film, currently known simply as Bond 24.
    Rihanna, who made her big screen debut with Battleship in 2012, is apparently a big 007 fan and, according to this report, Eon wants her to sing the theme for the newest Bond movie as well as possibly cameo

"Rihanna is a big fan of the Bond films and has always loved the idea of appearing in one," an unnamed source told The Sunday Mirror. "She didn't even need to think about it, she knows she wants to do it. She's really excited."
    It's not unheard of for a musician to appear in and sing for a James Bond film. Madonna did both for 2002's Die Another Day, for instance. Meanwhile, Adele sang the theme for Skyfall, winning a Grammy and Oscar for her performance.
    James Bond 24 begins production in December and will shoot in the UK, Morocco, and Austria. Rihanna will next be heard on the silver screen in DreamWorks' animated film Home in March.

This story is sure out there in mainstream America. Imdb B24 related news section is leading with Rihanna and more Rihanna.

Related News

Will Rihanna Have A Cameo In Bond 24?
    9 hours ago |We Got This Covered

Rihanna Wanted for 'Bond 24' Role and Theme Song?
    20 hours ago |MovieWeb

Rumor: Rihanna Offered Bond 24 Role
    23 hours ago |ComicBookMovie.com

==the reportage doesn't mean Eon has actually approached her, but global media is sure happy to provide saturation coverage, for average movie-fan to digest and kick around over lattes.

With Rhianna alight in a wicker man too? Or is that just my sociopathic side coming out?

No, that sounds fine to me. Kill two birds with the one stone as it were. German efficiency and all that jazz.

No, that sounds fine to me. Kill two birds with the one stone as it were. German efficiency and all that jazz.

Thanks for the seal of approval Draggers old man. Will I see you round Rhianna's house then? You bring the firelighters I'll bring a drum of aviation fuel.

Anyone else want to bring some marshmallows?

Thanks for the seal of approval Draggers old man. Will I see you round Rhianna's house then? You bring the firelighters I'll bring a drum of aviation fuel.

Anyone else want to bring some marshmallows?

Sounds like a cunning plan to me, Wiz! I've got the firelighters already. For England, Wiz?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Hey, I'm American. But make it for me, too, guys. :)
    Not just England. You'd be sparing Bond fans everywhere.

Indeed, our American cousins and allies are equally welcomed. I'm not even English myself still I'd do a Reichstag Fire on her and er...blame it on the Communists!
    ;)

Indeed, our American cousins and allies are equally welcomed. I'm not even English myself still I'd do a Reichstag Fire on her and er...blame it on the Communists!
    ;)

I do hope you're not equating the dismal prospect of Rhianna in a Bond film as being on a par with the rise of Hitler because I would say you're bang out of order there?

Adolf did at least give us the VW Beetle so I would say its very unfair to tar him with the same brush!