Report- Bond producers approach Rihanna for B24 role

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote: »
    The entire name "Rihanna" is causing my whole body to itch ~X(. Please stop this topiccccc.
    rihanna-at-cirque-le-soir-64c6daf2d2da7647286fbd8d8974a025b6.jpg

In before the lock? ;)

If only she could be locked away in a maximum security cell for Crimes Against Music.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2014 Posts: 9,117
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Now where is RC7, when you need him, to protest against discussing rumours ;)

Well I thought you were the one who said you didn't want to be constrained by boring confirmed facts and wanted to discuss these rumours and imagine the possibilities....

So how does a world where Rhianna does the title song and appears as a Bond girl grab you?

Personally I'm with Draggers all the way.
    Oops, care to read that post of mine again and get it right this time. My meaning, that is.
    I am sure, you can do it.

You were perfectly clear here:

RC7, we have been there before and its still not right to not respect people doing the"what if" game on a fan board. This is not the white house doing high politics. Let thosr, who like to let their fantasy go a bit, be and like he said, ignore his/their posts instead of lecturing us on and on. Its nice, you are such an only facts man, but not all are and its a lot of fun to play the guessing game. Dont be such a party pooper.

According to you speculating that Rhianna might feature is 'a lot of fun'. Enjoy your party although I think I can say I won't be sending an RSVP.
    QBranch wrote: »
    The entire name "Rihanna" is causing my whole body to itch ~X(. Please stop this topiccccc.
    rihanna-at-cirque-le-soir-64c6daf2d2da7647286fbd8d8974a025b6.jpg

In before the lock? ;)

I think QBranch has hit the nail on the head here. This has gone on long enough and there's already more than enough speculative rumours dreamed up by tabloid rags to entertain Germanlady on the Bond 24 thread.

Any chance of putting Rhianna out of my misery Mods?

Wake up friends.. there is no way Daniel Craig would badmouth Rianna if it was confirmed she is doing the song to him. Even if he didnt agree with the choice.
    Remember it wasnt me, who gave it an own thread. Remain fair and dont start stupid accusations. Thanks
    Umm.... ok? I'm not the one to start throughing insults around. Can someone please close this thread.
    Remember it wasnt me, who gave it an own thread. Remain fair and dont start stupid accusations. Thanks

Well I don't really see why talking about some hotel in another thread that may or may not be a location is 'fun' but talking about Rhianna isn't.

But whatever.
    Calm down folks. :)
    Just counted up and I realise to my eternal shame that I have posted 7 times (now 8) about Rhianna featuring in a Bond film.

It's a slow day at work but even doing this on company time rather than my own is scant excuse.

I have a reputation to uphold and I shouldn't be seen to even be acknowledging the existence of Rhianna so I'm out of here.

Might have to go and find a Fleming related thread to go and post in to claw back some shreds of self respect.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 17,805
    Good decision, Wiz. I'll join you! Bailing out...
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Before I jump ship too, can someone please IFM that troll!
    Berry wrote: »
    Umm.... ok? I'm not the one to start throughing insults around. Can someone please close this thread.

Berry, my post wasnt directed to you. Sorry, if you thought it was.
    As long as she does not do the title song, everytime I hear her sing I start looking for lettuce in order to feed the goat I am hearing.

I was amazed when it was publicized that she was also involved in the theft of stolen pictures from a private computer as I was not aware of pictures of her wearing clothes.

Another attempt to get some free publicity or get EON to accept her offer to add to Mendes depth in the next 007 movie. :((
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,601
    This is probably all there is to it. At the end 3:35
    She's definitely dirty; he's got that right!
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Here are some of the web links trumpeting Rihanna as Bond girl
    @germanlady posted this one in the production thread. It might be the first report

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/rihanna-to-join-daniel-craig-in-the-new-james-bond-film

As I said in original post, local newsradio thought the story was sensational enough to cherrypick it for their entertainment roundup.

This report references the Daily Mirror and includes the infamous.. "Daniel Craig..... had previously said Rihanna would be his dream Bond girl." which was repeated in the radio report I heard
    http://www.filmibeat.com/hollywood/news/2014/rihanna-to-finally-act-with-daniel-craig-in-bonds-next-movie-160482.html

Reporting is very tabloidish. The Metro story says Rihanna has been approached by the Bond producers.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/29/bond-girl-rihanna-in-talks-for-james-bond-film-role-4885743/

From heady days of 2012 when news broke that "CraigPicks RiRi Over Beyonce To Play A Bond Girl;" :))

Rihann-Daniel-Craig.jpg

The fact that All News Radio picked up the story in a big North American City of 4-6 million suddenly gives the story lots of reach, at least in this market.
    All News Radio has big mainstream audience numbers, well beyond entertainment junkies, movie fans or Bond fans. Regular folk hear this stuff and start yakking over coffee etc.
    I nearly put the car into the ditch. Announcer was really into the story.

Guilty Pleasure admit: I do like the Umbrealla song she did years back. Pretty much everything else causes me to stick fingers in ears.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Good God. Let's hope not!
    Perhaps somebody with some connections can find out if Craig really cares who does the theme song and actually makes such suggestions. There have been plenty of articles about Craig wants this or that or whatever. I should think he's busy enough playing the role of Bond without concerning himself with post-production matters.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    No, thank you. Coping with her in Battleship was bad enough.
    A brief cameo, like Branson's in CR, fine. But please not another Verity.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    [sarcasm]Rhiana? It's nice to see EON keeping it classy with the casting.[/sarcasm]
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd rather they gave Shirley Bassey a cameo. That would be a nice thing to do.
    Are we not overreacting? I mean, we are talking a couple of minutes at best, not the title song or else...IF at all
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Not when it comes to the prospect of Rhiana being atached to a Bond film. I suspect she would turn down the offer, but I still think that Jessica Chastain has the talent and looks to be a Bond Girl. As I said, I suspect that she wouldn't be interested, and at 37, I don't think EON would consider her.
  • Not when it comes to the prospect of Rhiana being atached to a Bond film. I suspect she would turn down the offer, but I still think that Jessica Chastain has the talent and looks to be a Bond Girl. As I said, I suspect that she wouldn't be interested, and at 37, I don't think EON would consider her.

I just HOPE dear @MajorDSmythe, that we will get a stellar cast like with "Skyfall". If the Bond villain is Mark Strong and/or Chiwetel Ejiofor, then let at least the Bond girl be an enigmatic one. Jessica Chastain would be wunderful. Even her age! As Craig gets older, why not raise the age of the Bond girls slightly? For a henchwoman I think Tilda Swinton would be wunderful.
  • Rumor or not, I think some are overreacting a bit. At the MOST we might see Rihanna passing by in the crowd at a ski resort, akin to how Fleming included Ursula Andress in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and with a smirk Bond will debonairly remark, "I do hope you've enough room for me under your umbarella." ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    As long as she is briefly (less than a minute!!) in the film, and no singing of the Bond theme no matter what (that would be a truly horrible decision), I can live with her in it. A very brief cameo is all. Geez, I think we are all pretty much in agreement on this one.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    If she ends up in this film in a cameo, the villain (for those protesting) is Eon, although this story could all be bs anyway.
    A combination of ok.co.Uk and The Daily Mirror would appear to be the source. All the stories, posted here there and everywhere, quote the Mirror, but the Mirror may have taken the story from ok.co.uk which reported as follows "The singer has reportedly been approached by producers to see if she'd be interested in a cameo role."

article is linked elsewhere in thread.

The report is not attributed at all.
    That's the brunt of the story there. One line really.
    The quote about Craig considering her to be a dream Bond girl is 2 years old.

Also (unless I don't know how to navigate the Daily Mirror website, which is possible) there doesn't seem to be any trace of the original story on the Mirror website.
    Did they yank it? I don't know. I never saw the Mirror story, only the zillions of other places sourcing the story.

== as for my opinion, this is a horrid idea. It reeks of gimmickry. As bad as Madonna's acting was in DAD, at least she was connected with the film as the title song singer.
    It doesn't appear that RiRi has any connection with the movie. Her appearance would just be a cheap stunt. She has no acting credentials.
    Casting her in a BJ Arnau LALD type role as a singer could conceivably work, but even that technique smacks of looking for a way to shoehorn her in.
    BJ Arnau was only cast because the filmmakers wanted a singer for the scene in question. I am not sure B24 has been looking for a singer to appear in the film.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    As long as she does not do the title song, everytime I hear her sing I start looking for lettuce in order to feed the goat I am hearing.

:)) :bz :ar! =D>

Brilliant. Never heard or read this. Just madey my evening whilst watching TWINE on German TV (where at present Bond is bedding Elektra).
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This is absolute BS, a mix of old news and "rumours" of the type so-called "actresses" usually release every now and then regarding being approached to be a Bond girl.
    timmer wrote: »
    If she ends up in this film in a cameo, the villain (for those protesting) is Eon, although this story could all be bs anyway.
    A combination of ok.co.Uk and The Daily Mirror would appear to be the source. All the stories, posted here there and everywhere, quote the Mirror, but the Mirror may have taken the story from ok.co.uk which reported as follows "The singer has reportedly been approached by producers to see if she'd be interested in a cameo role."

Also (unless I don't know how to navigate the Daily Mirror website, which is possible) there doesn't seem to be any trace of the original story on the Mirror website.
    Did they yank it? I don't know. I never saw the Mirror story, only the zillions of other places sourcing the story.

Exactly, except that Craig never said she would be a dream Bond girl. He was placed with a choice "Beyoncé or Rihana" and he picked the later.

The only thing that surprises me is that this resulted already in a 2 page discussion /:)
  • RC7RC7
    So some people are buying this?

I just don't see it, personally. It smacks of the typical pre-production media whirlwind that ultimately comes to nothing. We've seen it a million times before. Looking at it from a logical point of view, what does Rihanna bring to a movie that is the follow up to the biggest ever movie at the British box office? Do people truly believe this is the kind of decision that would be made lightly?
    timmer wrote: »

This is just classic paper bullshit that we hear at the start of every Bond film; such as DAD was to be titled Beyond the Ice or that Robbie Williams would do the theme song (a popular refrain for every Bond film in the 90s).

The Mirror is a dismal rag so I don't imagine there is any truth in this story and we are panicking unnecessarily.

Going to stick my neck out here and say I trust Babs and MGW and think they are too sensible to let this happen. But then again I thought they would certainly put the GB at the start of SF and they were happy to spit in my face on that one so who knows?