Batman

Comments

• RC7RC7
    @Timmer - I agree, it's a stonking series and I think Batman: The Movie is still one of the great comic gems of cinema. The West Batman era is awesome.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    RC7 wrote:
    @Timmer - I agree, it's a stonking series and I think Batman: The Movie is still one of the great comic gems of cinema. The West Batman era is awesome.

Its just so damn funny! The genius of that show, was that kids lapped it up, but a lot of the humour was aimed at adults, and went right over the kids heads.
    Not to mention all the gorgeous girls - clearly aimed at teenagers and young males.
    As smart, escapist, humourous, high-camp goes, it was top of the line stuff.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Colourful, high energy fun.
    I was fortunate enough to see the movie in the theatre!! Holy Bat-cool!
    timmer wrote:
    And Jill St.John appeared as a Tiffany Case-like, gangster moll in the debut episode.

tumblr_md3ehw3CMU1qa70eyo1_500.jpg

And don't forget in that same episode Jill disguised herself as Burt Ward because.....it was the 60's
    She didn't hide her chest very well...
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    That was the funny part! To avoid squishing those giant boobs into the robin costume, the simply had Burt Ward play Jill St John disguised as Robin! :O

And what was the one thing that gave her away? Read this next sentence in Adam West's voice:
    "Those straws you gave Robin to breath through-- I saw the imperfections around the nostrils of your mask instantly!!"

lol that really was a hilarious show!
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    That was the funny part! To avoid squishing those giant boobs into the robin costume, the simply had Burt Ward play Jill St John disguised as Robin! :O

And what was the one thing that gave her away? Read this next sentence in Adam West's voice:
    "Those straws you gave Robin to breath through-- I saw the imperfections around the nostrils of your mask instantly!!"

lol that really was a hilarious show!

That's typical of some of the humour. Adults roll their eyes and laugh. Only a righteous straight-arrow like Adam West-Batman would notice nostril minutiae before the sight of mams pushing through the costume, and the kids go yea sure and lap it up.
    Everybody's happy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's the first promo for 'Batman: The Complete Television Series,' which will be making its way to DVD/blu-ray:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=120176
    Oh that's so tempting!
    November 2014 is the big release date. The film quality looks crystal clear and it's coming in blu-ray too!!!!
    I might even buy a new big-screen just to celebrate.
    When someone puts complete 11 season Baywatch out on blu-ray too, I can live happy the rest of my days.
    Meantime I am going giddy with anticipation waiting for this release. Best TV show ever!!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is a city in Turkey called Batman.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 5,774
    Oops !
    Double Oops !

Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's the first promo for 'Batman: The Complete Television Series,' which will be making its way to DVD/blu-ray:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=120176

Yay ! Let's hope for a Region 2 release.

And, of course, for The Green Hornet as well. I have the movies, but I want the complete series.

EDIT : Sorry for above. Kept getting an "error" message. Don't know why.
    Gerard wrote:
    And, of course, for The Green Hornet as well. I have the movies, but I want the complete series.
    Sadly, the series burned in a fire at Fox. Aside from the appearance on Batman, we'll never see a perfect version... #-o
    That episode where Robin beat Bruce Lee needed the biggest suspension of disbelief ever. And that's really saying something for this show!
    That episode where Robin beat Bruce Lee needed the biggest suspension of disbelief ever. And that's really saying something for this show!
    Lee's Kato could have thrashed Robin, Batman AND the Green Hornet all at once.
    Holy standoff indeed!

chrisisall wrote:
    Gerard wrote:
    Sadly, the series burned in a fire at Fox. Aside from the appearance on Batman, we'll never see a perfect version... #-o

You're joking, I hope ! Anyway, unlike Doctor Who, that series was sold in France, and the french version is both in the distributor (AB) and TV archives. That's still a beginning. Maybe one english speaking network has it too.

Please I hope he is joking. Green Hornet complete series on blu-ray is a necessary companion to the Batman TV series.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,687
    timmer wrote:
    Please I hope he is joking. Green Hornet complete series on blu-ray is a necessary companion to the Batman TV series.
    Sadly, not joking... I read it on a web page years ago. Dozens of versions still exist, but the only film masters that exist now are the two theatrical releases. BUT, that won't stop a digital remastering of the series from tape!

Edit to add: I just spent a half hour searching the net for info, but I can't find ANYTHING on the destroyed masters I read about. I DID however find out that there are a lot of legal obstacles to square away before even thinking about a GH DVD... and evidently they don't feel much like thinking. That may mean what I read long ago was in error, and the masters still exist.

Heh, look what I found...

• edited July 2014 Posts: 4,622
    chrisisall wrote:
    Heh, look what I found...

And one of many Green Hornet episodes on You Tube. I think one could plunk and watch the whole series on You Tube.
    I was just watching Inception and it occurred to me: since Christopher Nolan certainly has his favorite actors to work with, do you suppose for a second that perhaps he wanted DiCaprio as Batman?

It certainly wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him as billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne

1368100673_5939_gatsby1.jpg?itok=UxCww6_z

...but as Batman himself? It does pique my curiosity to say the least.

Then again Christian Bale in Inception would have been cool too, lol
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,813
    WOW These are recently discovered life casts from when Michael Keaton was still on board for Batman Forever! First thing I noticed? NO NIPPLES

5e1aff55802c3fb7abf75a677b930b2f_zpsc91b7093.jpga4630f63a80c766daed2c8ad9df2f637_zps57932c00.jpg
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Cool pics @Master_Dahark. Really makes you wonder how a third Keaton film would have turned out.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Cool look what NECA is making!
    Batman based off the NES video game! I'll have to buy TWO: one to paint black of course....

bat01.jpg

NEC12542.jpg

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12542&mode=retail
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    The TV series blu-ray box set has been revealed. Terribly overpriced at $209.99 Cdn, for only 3 seasons, but you get all sorts of extras, which look like a lot of fun.
    I guess the idea is to soak the hardcore fans of this series, that have been pining for this release for so long.
    51fGfXGx8hL.jpg

Product Description

TV's iconic Dynamic Duo has been captured, along with a legion of abominable archenemies in a POW-erful numbered limited-edition collection. Featuring ALL 120 original broadcast episodes, ever popular guest stars like Julie Newmar and Cesar Romero, The Adam West Scrapbook, complete episode guide — and exploding with over 3 hours of all new extras — you can bring home all the crime fighting action that won generations of fans!
    Includes: •ALL 120 Original Broadcast Episodes Fully Remastered In HD
    •Highly Collectible Premiums
    •Hot Wheels Replica Batmobile
    •The Adam West Scrapbook
    •44 Vintage Trading Cards
    •Ultraviolet Digital Copy
    •32-Page Complete Episode Guide

OVER 3 Hours Of ALL NEW Extras: •Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West
    •Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors
    •Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.
    •Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.
    •Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 &2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes
    •Na Na Na Batman! — Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories

71F44ydaRIL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon Canada release date is Nov 11th. Woo Hoo! Better start saving the cash!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, that is a phenomenal looking figure!
    That Batman figure is why i am gutted Sideshow lost the Bond deal as far as i know? Love all my Sideshow figures!