Batman

Comments

That's Hot Toys. Superior to anything Sideshow ever did.
    That's why I've said many times that if Hot Toys ever got the Bond license I'd go broke!

The Sideshow Bonds looked good for the time I suppose (except for Tim) but a Hot Toys rerelease of everyone would be fantastic.

I have the Hot Toys 1989 Batman and it's one of my favorite collectibles. His freaking eyes move for gods sake!! You can't get much more detailed than that!!
    That Arkham City bats would look pretty nice standing next to him...
    It may not be the Hot Toys masterpiece I posted above, but I did get this:

photo3_zps7a8db449.jpgphoto2_zps8a4200a7.jpgphoto1_zps9e8d65c3.jpg

It's based directly off of Greg Capullo's art

Batman-cover.jpg

I really like the little batarangs he comes with- they fit between his fingers like little ninja stars, but they are SO easy to lose. I'll probably put a little dot of superglue on them to keep them where they belong, lol
    Pierce Brosnan DID meet with Tim Burton in 1989 for Batman!! He finally explains what went down!!

brosnan-batman.jpg
    "Brosnan wrote:
    Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman. But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I?
    Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed.

Now it's well known that I'm one hell of a Keaton fan, but even I have to admit, I'd be curious to see just how different 1989's Batman would have been.

We almost certainly wouldn't have had Brosnan as Bond (perhaps leaving room for Dalton to come back? ;) ) but I suppose that's a whole other discussion.....
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I never knew this...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That is interesting. If anything, Pierce would've made for one hell of a Bruce Wayne.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,661
    Fascinating news. Would Eon have wanted the new Bond actor to be Batman? Hard to imagine it. I wonder how many other roles Brosnan turned down?

Pierce Brosnan:

"Well, actually I was asked to play Batman, Bond, and good old George Lucas wanted me to be in a new Star Wars film, this was before they made the fourth film and I was going to play a Jedi called Obi Bond but all that lightsaber stuff was so absurd, and then there was Jurassic Park, I passed on that cos I thought dinosaurs were so silly. How were they going to bring them back to life and make them realistic? Yeah, I sure made some good decisions with my career! Still, could be worse. At least I'm not George Lazenby!"

Cheap shot at Laz there, but that's OK, Laz can be secure in the knowledge that his was a way better Bond than the Brozzer Bond.
    timmer wrote: »
    Laz can be secure in the knowledge that his was a way better Bond than the Brozzer Bond.
    Will you be here all week? 'Cause you are quite the comedian! =D>
    I'm a fan of Lazenby's performance in OHMMS. It was just too good to resist making a silly joke at Lazenby's expense. Hope you don't mind.

If Brosnan could have done a convincing American accent I'm sure he would have been a very good Batman but fate intervened and he got James Bond instead. ;) Brosnan as Bond and Batman - wow - he'd have been the biggest action film star of the 1980s and 1990s!
    It was just a silly joke at Lazenby's expense given that he screwed up his chances to continue playing the part. I'm a fan of Lazenby's Bond and OHMSS. :)

Brosnan as Batman and Bond - wow. Brosnan would have been the undisputed action film star of the 1980s and 1990s!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Laz can be secure in the knowledge that his was a way better Bond than the Brozzer Bond.
    Will you be here all week? 'Cause you are quite the comedian! =D>
    Ha. You know I am serious. I have both Connery and Lazenby on a pedestal and both Broz and Craig at the bottom of the Bond pile, with Moore and Dalts solidly in the middle.

Brozzer does have a little history of taking cheap shots at Laz. It's been discussed elsewhere. Laz is an easy mark because he made one of filmdom's worst career moves by balking at Eon's offer to continue in the role.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Brozzer does have a little history of taking cheap shots at Laz.
    Well Lazenby drew first blood on Brosnan. If you dish it, be prepared to take it.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Murdock wrote: »
    Well Lazenby drew first blood on Brosnan. If you dish it, be prepared to take it.
    Well that is fair. I would expect Broz to respond in kind, but what was that first shot from Laz?

Well that is fair. I would expect Broz to respond in kind, but what was that first shot from Laz?
    Something along the lines calling Pierce an effeminate crybaby when GoldenEye came out IIRC. It's probably better explained here. http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8651/george-lazenby-and-pierce-brosnan-s-war-of-words/p6
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Oh well :)) Laz is not terribly politic is he. Guess those two have a good little snipe feud.
    The edge Broz will always have though, is that he did 4 films to Laz's one.
    Laz, really shouldn't snipe at any of the other Bonds, as he's the stupid Bond, who walked away from the role, that the others were all smart enough to hang on to as long as they could, or for as long as they wanted to (Sean)
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I recently bought the NECA Batman Grappling Hook. It sure looks nice but it's far from 'great'. It shoots the hook an astonishing 3 feet and winds back with such speed and strength that I have to hold the hook so the mechanism only has to actually 'lift' the string. Somebody with better engineering skills than be could take this and make something incredible out of it. All that isn't really a big deal to me though, since I just got it for show- it'll be on my belt this Halloween!
    My only real issue is the hooks. They're foam- which I totally get- but they are bendable like pipe cleaners. So unless you don't touch them, they will be bent funny.

photo1_zpsa9de6cc3.jpg
    photo2_zpsd92cc724.jpg

I will say this: it's the best cat toy you can buy!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Oh well :)) Laz is not terribly politic is he. Guess those two have a good little snipe feud.
    Laz, really shouldn't snipe at any of the other Bonds, as he's the stupid Bond, who walked away from the role, that the others were all smart enough to hang on to as long as they could, or for as long as they wanted to (Sean)

Yes , Brosnan was really smart wasenhe who did four awful films instead of one classic.

Yes , Brosnan was really smart wasenhe who did four awful films instead of one classic.

My heart is broken. GoldenEye is a classic.

My heart is broken. GoldenEye is a classic.

Classic Murdock.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Well, yes OHMSS is one of the best Bond films ever, but that doesn't make Laz smart.
    Laz walked away and blew the gig. Broz hung on to it for 4 films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That's quite cool, @MajorDSmythe! Thanks for posting. :)>-
    LOL Look what I just found on imdb:
    "IMDB wrote:
    Due to the difficulty, and large amount of time, it took to remove the Batman suit, George Clooney reportedly urinated in his suit on at least one occasion.
    "IMDB wrote:
    Due to the difficulty, and large amount of time, it took to remove the Batman suit, George Clooney reportedly urinated in his suit on at least one occasion.

Depends.
    "IMDB wrote:

Shark repellent Bat Spray! X_X
    "IMDB wrote:

Holy leaky faucet Batman!
    So what? The real Batman does it all the time.
  • ^Awesome

I came across this-- I laughed especially hard because I hadn't yet scrolled down all the way and was surprised

Tj1vzjB.jpg
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Some interesting news I came across today:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/joel-schumacher-reimagining-his-three-batman-films-as-a-new-comic-series-271

Joel Schumacher was intended to do three Batman movies-- Batman Forever, Batman & Robin were made and the later sucked so hard that the third, Batman Triumphant, which would have been released in 1999, was canceled.

batman-triumphant.jpg

Now however, it seems there are plans for it to be made after all: in comic form.
    It will be worth a look I think. The proposed script at the time involved Clooney again, Scarecrow and Harley Quinn (or Joker's daughter) as the villains, and even Jack Nicholson returning as a 'fear toxin' Joker cameo.

*Update- Annnnnnd it's been debunked just as quickly. Sorry for the false alarm guys! Man, now I kind of want to see it..... :D