Batman

Comments

• XXXXXX Banned
    edited March 2014 Posts: 132
    Batmobile baby yeah! Name of the game should just be, Batmobile, but its a cell phone
    5ndkIiq.jpg
    Perhaps interesting for people that would like to know where Batman got his original and great ideas.

SHADOW FORESHADOWING BATMAN W SHADOW ANNUAL #1 SUPER PACK
    Commemorating the 75th anniversary of Batman's 1939 debut, Sanctum Books collects the groundbreaking pulp novels that inspired the Caped Crusader's Golden Age in a 528-page multipack, with a new foreword by legendary Batman scripter Dennis O'Neil, exclusive new bonus art prints and brand-new The Shadow Annual #1. This instant collector's item leads off with 'Partners of Peril,' the legendary 1936 thriller that was adapted as the debut Batman story in Detective Comics #27, and 'Lingo' which introduced The Shadow's yellow boomerang, the forerunner of the Bat-a-rang! The Shadow combats a malevolent clown in 'Death's Harlequin,' a predecessor of The Joker's venom in 'The Laughing Corpse,' and in 'Voodoo Trail' wages a battle to the death with Dr. Mocquino, who inspired Batman's first archfoe, Doctor Death! 'The Devil Master' foreshadows Bill Finger and Bob Kane's use of giant props, while 'The Shadow's Rival' was echoed in the 1953 Batman classic, 'The Crime Predictor.' PLUS: The Shadow Annual #1 reprinting for the first time 'The Crime Crypt' and 'The Green Terror.' Special Bonus Collector's Items include high-quality art prints of George Rozen's knockout 'Voodoo Trail' painting, Jerome Rozen's rendition of 'Partners of Peril' and the legendary Tom Lovell art that was 'swiped' by Bob Kane in Detective Comics #27. This instant collector's item showcases all eight color pulp covers and the original interior illustrations by Tom Lovell, Edd Cartier and Paul Orban, with historical commentary by popular culture historians Anthony Tollin and Will Murray.

30 April 2014
    from SANCTUM PRODUCTIONS
    doubleoego wrote:
    The new Arkham game looks gobsmackingly awesome!!

tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo5_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo6_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo7_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo8_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo9_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo2_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo3_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo10_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo4_500.gif

My goodness that looks mind blowingly awesome! :O
    doubleoego wrote:
    These two in particular look like clips from the ultimate Batman movie we never had!
    Take note Hollywood, THIS is what we want!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    doubleoego wrote:
    These two in particular look like clips from the ultimate Batman movie we never had!
    Take note Hollywood, THIS is what we want!

I have to say, those two frame look very realistic. I almost thought it was a movie at first. Game tech is really getting advanced.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Which Batmen were like which Bonds?
    To me,
    Connery = Bruce Timm's animated Batman
    Lazenby = Kilmer
    Moore = West
    Dalton = Keaton
    Brosnan = Clooney
    Craig = Bale

:D
    chrisisall wrote:
    To me,
    Lazenby = Kilmer
    Moore = West
    Dalton = Keaton
    Brosnan = Clooney
    Craig = Bale

We can at least be thankful that Brosnan never had bat nipples ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    To me,
    Lazenby = Kilmer
    Moore = West
    Dalton = Keaton
    Brosnan = Clooney
    Craig = Bale

Ha, I found my head nodding up and down at a lot of those. Good picks, @chrisisall.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ha, I found my head nodding up and down at a lot of those. Good picks, @chrisisall.

Curiously, it did all seem to fit like a bat-glove.
  • RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote:
    To me,
    Lazenby = Kilmer
    Moore = West
    Dalton = Keaton
    Brosnan = Clooney
    Craig = Bale

Very Good. I'd take the Moore/West combo, every time.

Looking forward to the new Batman film whenever the hell that comes out ? . . . ? lol !
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    New photos from the set of Gotham have been released, showing how Gordon, Bruce, Alfred, Martha, Thomas, Selina and Bullock will look:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a559914/gotham-first-look-at-sean-pertwees-alfred-in-batman-prequel.html
    I totally didn't know these existed- I came across them at a comic store yesterday. I may have opened the floodgates in my wallet because this company called Eaglemoss makes literally every Batmobile that's ever been in movies or comic books! They're a little bigger than Hot Wheels and they come with a cool 3D background.

I picked up the 89 movie and the Dark Knight Returns tank

batmobile_zpsdbb7cd43.jpg

I already went on amazon and ordered the Animated Series one and the 90's Detective Comics one (kind of stupid looking I admit but I grew up with that one)

DC500913lg.jpg
    I was watching bits of Burton's Batman last night.

I just adore this ending. It's so utterly triumphant. Makes me want to cheer everytime:

One thing the Burton films did right was the score. Calling Danny Elfman a musical genius is frankly an understatement and a complete disservice to his work. When I listen to his score I AM Batman.
    One thing the Burton films did right was the score. Calling Danny Elfman a musical genius is frankly an understatement and a complete disservice to his work. When I listen to his score I AM Batman.

The musical cue as the camera ascends to reveal Batman at the end, is quite frankly stunning. Far better than anything Zimmer managed in his trilogy.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I'll always have a soft spot for the 89 movie, and Batman Returns is my favorite Christmas tradition!
  • BGDBGD
    edited April 2014 Posts: 37
    <blockquote>Batman Returns is my favorite Christmas tradition!</blockquote>
    Agreed, can you say Catwoman?
    I came across this great photoshop: Jack Nicholson in Heath Ledger's style of makeup! Could have really been something!

tumblr_mxmai9ILc91qjiadzo1_500.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    That short is cool and all, but I wish it was a truly satisfying tribute to such an iconic character. The 75th anniversary short they did for Superman was fantastic, covering his entire history:

DC probably didn't want to repeat themselves by doing one of those with Batman, but it would have been incredible if they did, and much more momentous than the animation they went with.

Still, what Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and the rest of the team did for Batman in the 90s and early 2000s literally made my childhood, so this Batman will always have the biggest place in my heart over any other adaption, and it's always great to see him once in a while.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Would be great, and only fair, if they did one for Batman as well. Surely they must do something?
    Would be great, and only fair, if they did one for Batman as well. Surely they must do something?

I hope that wasn't it for the DC shorts in line to pay tribute to Batman. How great would it be to take a visual ride through Batman's greatest moments from his early 40s years, the Dick Sprang era, to Denny O'Neil's run, leading up to Frank's The Dark Knight Returns and Year One, hitting the Batman animated series and all the way through to our current time. It'd be magical, and I'd probably bow to it like some cherished deity.
    A trailer for Gotham has been released:

I like the looks of it. My only worry since the start is its home on Fox, who love to cancel great shows without giving them the proper time to build their audiences.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 3,333
    I don't know whether anyone has seen this tease from Zack Snyder but he has posted an image via Tweet that shows a glimpse of the new Batmobile, the rear-end.

batmobile.jpg?itok=dgBgmkJ-

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman/30485/zack-snyder-reveals-the-new-batmobile
    A trailer for Gotham has been released:

I like the looks of it. My only worry since the start is its home on Fox, who love to cancel great shows without giving them the proper time to build their audiences.

This gives me the vibe of a Smallville equivelent to Batman? Not too sure whether i will give this a go? Will listen to some of the reviews you guys give it upon release?
    bondsum wrote:
    I don't know whether anyone has seen this tease from Zack Snyder but he has posted an image via Tweet that shows a glimpse of the new Batmobile, the rear-end.

batmobile.jpg?itok=dgBgmkJ-

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman/30485/zack-snyder-reveals-the-new-batmobile

Looking at what we can see? I get a Dragster type feel for this Batmobile!
    @RogueAgent, I'll definitely be checking out Gotham. Not only because it's Batman-related, but since it's on the Fox network it'll need all the viewers it can get to avoid cancellation.
    @RogueAgent, I'll definitely be checking out Gotham. Not only because it's Batman-related, but since it's on the Fox network it'll need all the viewers it can get to avoid cancellation.

I'm UK based so i will be interested to hear your thoughts for sure. As much as i enjoy Superman more recently? I never felt the urge to watch Smallville then or now, maybe Gotham will be different? It does look a darker tone for sure which does appeal.
    And here's a photo of the new batsuit and car from another tweet from Zack...

Bnhzak2CMAAmX8Z.jpg