Batman

Comments

Ben Affleck as Batman??? I don't see it.... He couldn't even do a good Dare Devil...

My problems with Daredevil have ironically nothing to do with Ben Affleck I rewatched it Monday and yeah I have no problem with it

Fox Moving Ahead With GOTHAM TV Series; Will Focus On "Detective" Gordon Before BATMAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=87604#7I1S3oASmqloUXtI.99
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Fox Moving Ahead With GOTHAM TV Series; Will Focus On "Detective" Gordon Before BATMAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=87604#7I1S3oASmqloUXtI.99

Very interesting. One hopes the creative teams use "Batman: Year One" as an influence. That is by far my favorite comic book version of Gordon: human and flawed, yet absolutely likeable and someone you can't help but root for. Back when Frank Miller still had the stuff.
    Dalton12 wrote:

Very interesting. One hopes the creative teams use "Batman: Year One" as an influence. That is by far my favorite comic book version of Gordon: human and flawed, yet absolutely likeable and someone you can't help but root for. Back when Frank Miller still had the stuff.

Agreed.
  • I remember being a kid in 1995, cursing Michael Keaton's soul for not doing the third Batman movie (I LOVED him), but in retrospect I have to hand it to him for doing the smart thing

526945_10100244083362161_1321886646_n.jpg
    I remember being a kid in 1995, cursing Michael Keaton's soul for not doing the third Batman movie (I LOVED him), but in retrospect I have to hand it to him for doing the smart thing

526945_10100244083362161_1321886646_n.jpg

agreed Keaton was the best batman ever !
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,640
    One thing I'd love to have is a Sanders sgd Freeze photo but considering he died 6 yrs after the episode aired makes it very unlikely to even exist :(
  • WOW this is both messed up and hilarious at the same time. I love when not one, but TWO Spider-Men try to talk him down! :D

Just a warning, heavy use of bad language coming from this Batman

Batman's meltdown in NYC Times Square

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83752045/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow...that was embarrassing.
  • Awesome, I haven't seen this posted yet:

Willem Dafoe makes THE PERFECT 'Arkham City' style Joker. If this guy ends up going against the new Ben Affleck Batman, we'd have a pretty awesome movie!

f7b30c70e53f051b12fa150dd9357e57-willem-dafoe-as-the-joker.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All for it! Or maybe Nicolas Cage? Jim Carrey even, but not if he plays it as a comedy.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Too cool (or RAD?) not to post:

A-young-Christian-Bale.jpg

I can only imagine the tantrums he throws when he loses, lol
    Awesome, I haven't seen this posted yet:

Willem Dafoe makes THE PERFECT 'Arkham City' style Joker. If this guy ends up going against the new Ben Affleck Batman, we'd have a pretty awesome movie!

f7b30c70e53f051b12fa150dd9357e57-willem-dafoe-as-the-joker.jpg

That is one freakish looking Joker!!!! :-bd
    Just something I threw together out of pure boredom and curiosity. Would Val Kilmer have helped Batman & Robin? Honestly? It couldn't have made it worse, lol

1012543_10100347803072031_802063354_n.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    I need this in my life...

• edited March 2014 Posts: 9,771
    Batman Arkham Knight is coming out for Pc xbox one and ps4

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/04/batman-arkham-knight-cover-images-and-details-have-leaked-early/

I am really excited about this
    unless it turns out that Scarecrow is being impersonated by the Joker ala Batman Arkham Origins then I will be QUITE pissed off.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Looks great. These games are some of the best the current platforms have to offer.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I still haven't finished the last one and to be honest I don't think I'm going to. I lost interest in the story and the gameplay was exactly the same as Arkham City so why bother?

This one looks good though, I like how you can drive the Batm Mobile. One thing annoys me though, at the start of the trailer when he was telling everyone to abandon the city, does this mean we're going to have another lifeless, empty, city like in Origins?
    Meanwhile, it seems tht the dreams of many fans will at last come true. Conan O'Brien said that the 1966 TV series will finally beput on DVD. Now, let's hope they do the same for the Green Hornet.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Gerard wrote:
    Meanwhile, it seems tht the dreams of many fans will at last come true. Conan O'Brien said that the 1966 TV series will finally beput on DVD. Now, let's hope they do the same for the Green Hornet.
    That news was released a long while back. I think I heard it's headed to Blu-ray too, but don't quote me on that. I also heard that Adam West may even do commentary tracks for some episodes.
  • Good News!They just cast young batman and selina kyle for the new tv show "Gotham". Heres a report:

"Two young actors have been cast as the eventual Batman and eventual Catwoman in Fox's upcoming show, Gotham. Bruce Wayne will be played by David Mazouz, best known for the show Touch.Camren Bicondova, a dancer who appeared on America's Best Dance Crew, will be Selina Kyle. Though Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are generally main characters, in Gotham they are not. The show will start with the murder of Wayne's parents, the event that eventually turns the young man into Batman. However, from there, Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) will be the star of the show, with young Bruce, his butler (Sean Pertwee) and others as secondary characters. Crime solving in Gotham City, with the Batman universe being slowly build around them. As for Kyle, she's described as "a teenage orphan who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable. A street thief and skilled pickpocket, she's dangerous when cornered."
    I am very hopeful of "Gotham" and will definitely be watching. It seems like it has a lot of promise, and hopefully a fanbase will build up around it akin to "Arrow." I hate that it is on Fox, as they have a history of axing anything that doesn't net them instantly gratifying viewership, sparking the now infamous Firefly syndrome for countless programs cancelled too early.

Here's our Bruce:
    291601.jpg

I think this is a great casting choice. The kid has an innocence in his eyes that Bruce obviously needs (though he is robbed of it), but his gaze is also very intense at the same moment, again a quality an actor playing a young Bruce requires. I like the choice and can't wait to see where the writers take him.

And here's our Alfred:
    MV5BMjIwNDcwNjkxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM5MzcwMTE@._V1_SY317_CR16,0,214,317_.jpg

I'm guessing they're shooting for an Alfred with a military background again, something I'm perfectly fine with, as it's no secret that he's one bad motha- well, you get the idea.

So far the casting has impressed me, especially that of Ben MacKenzie as Gordon, who I think should do an admirable job of leading the cast. I think he could play up Gordon's insecurities on one side and his determination to survive in Gotham on the other very well, and I hope the writers take a note from Batman: Year One and incorporate the elements that also make him fallible, like his affair with Essen. That story is my favorite take on Gordon, a man you can't help but love even though he has flaws. I'm really excited for this thing.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Would Val Kilmer have helped Batman & Robin? Honestly? It couldn't have made it worse, lol
    No, Val was too serious. George has the hammy quality when needed, and B&R needed that to be the hilarious movie that it is.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Would Val Kilmer have helped Batman & Robin? Honestly? It couldn't have made it worse, lol
    No, Val was too serious. George has the hammy quality when needed, and B&R needed that to be the hilarious movie that it is.
    that's a good point - there was a certain fun quality to Clooney, where you could tell he knew exactly the kind of movie he was in, and he ran with it! Hell maybe he should have done Batman Forever! ;)

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    there was a certain fun quality to Clooney, where you could tell he knew exactly the kind of movie he was in, and he ran with it! Hell maybe he should have done Batman Forever! ;)
    IMHO Batman Forever is a hard movie to sit through because it unevenly fluctuates between ridiculous & serious. Batman & Robin is pretty much 100% ridiculous, and as such is a cousin of the 60's series, at least.
    the problem is Schumacher never had a grasp of the character... Burton wasn't much better of course but still way better then Schumacher personally and I know he was known for writing and directing comedies but Harold Ramis could of done a Neal Adamsesque dark but fun Batman film with Keaton and Hopkins as Hugo Strange but c'est la vie
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Batmans the best hands down what more is there to say file flosed. Killer moth
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2014 Posts: 11,139
    The new Arkham game looks gobsmackingly awesome!!

tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo5_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo6_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo7_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo8_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo9_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo2_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo3_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo10_500.gif
    tumblr_n1x9c8z0vh1qf1j4qo4_500.gif