Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Went to my local Goodwill store and bought a couple of PS2 games. The Sopranos: Road to Respect and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3. I'd heard Road to Respect was kind of glitchy and filled with standard beat-'em-up missions, and so far I can confirm that the second half of that statement is correct. I've not come across any glitches except for one that I think I caused by doing two different things at one time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I loved 'Rainbow Six 3,' if that is indeed the one I played when I was younger. I think it started out with a snowy villa, much like the one in 'Nightfire.'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I loved 'Rainbow Six 3,' if that is indeed the one I played when I was younger. I think it started out with a snowy villa, much like the one in 'Nightfire.'

I remember the Rainbow 6 Patriots game that was being teased all over the place a few years ago, and it looked really cool. I think it got delayed and I have heard next to nil about it since.
    The last I heard, they said that they wanted the game to be damn near perfect, and they will end up releasing it when they're ready. I heard about it for the first time many years ago, then when it was closer to a release date, they pushed it back for next-gen consoles only. Hopefully we hear something in the coming months.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I would hope we hear something at E3 in just a couple weeks.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Finally spent the cash and got a powerful gaming PC ( SUPERCLOCKED EVGA NVIDIA GTX 780 TI 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E 3). Now this is what games are meant to played with. I have been playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra settings and wow!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Well done, @WillardWhyte. I'm currently investing in a PC for gaming/3D work, albeit building it from the bottom up. Just researching motherboards ATM, but the idea of having powerful graphics cards and a massive monitor sure is exciting!
    Here is where I bought mine. You can customize to your personal tastes. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

It is so awesome!
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Any other Wii U owners out there currently enjoying Mario Kart 8?

If so then I'll gladly accept requests from MI6 users. I'm Tokoloshe79.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Fallout 3
    I last completed the 'This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough Quest' and have returned to earth... with the weapons gained in the quest.

Murdered: Soul Suspect
    I managed to pull myself away from Fallout 3 long enough to play this game for an hour or so. First impressions? It's linear, very linear. But there are a number of neat visual touches; such as when Ronan (the protagonist goes through a wall (despite being a ghost, he can't travel through every wall, the game has an excuse for this), he leaves an imprint of his shape on the wall. Or when you help another spirit cross over (these are side quests, and there are only four of them), there's what could only be described as an explosion of light as they cross over. The story, without giving anything away, is like a mix of a detective thriller, and the Patrick Swayze film, Ghost. Based only on what I have seen thus far, I think a fair score would be 7/10.
    Very nice, Major. I don't recall if you've said anything else on it, but is that the first DLC pack you've completed out of the five?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Since my last post on Fallout 3, I got so pissed off with that Rambo game (I traded that in for Murdered: Soul Suspect), I reformatted my PS3's hard drive, and started over. First time around I hadn't finished the the space quests. This time, I have tried my best to stick as close as my original play through as far as decisions go (I let the Sheriff die, which made me fell even worse this time).
    This play through, of the 5 DLC packs, I have completed 'The Pitt' & 'Mothership Zeta'. I might as well go for 'Operation: Anchorage', which was the first DLC I completed first time around.
    I really liked 'The Pitt,' it had one awesome feel to it. That's the one with the huge mining-type area with all the catwalks and ingots you can collect, right? I loved finding those things, it was so much fun.

'Operation Anchorage' was okay, but I didn't like how it's a type of hologram program you enter, so it really limits what you can do, such as stealing from enemies or having fun with the ragdoll corpses, since the bodies disappear (from what I remember.) But, the reward at the end? Very, very sweet, and worth everything you do.
    That's right, 'The Pitt' was the one with the foundries and the ingots. I wasn't keen on 'Operation: Anchorage' either. Of the three that I have played, 'Mothership Zeta' has been my favourite. That Alien Atomizer was just brutal, moreso when I had stocked up at least a 1,000 rounds.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    New Vegas just didn't have the same magic, did it? The game itself OR the DLC.

There was one though, I think it was called Dead Money- where there was a glitch that allowed you to actually TAKE the gold out of the vault!
    If you haven't played it, you end up in a vault with practically infinite money, but a single gold bar (or maybe 2) overencombered you, and you had a great distance to travel before a bomb goes of, or something, I can't remember. Long story short- if you tried to take the money, you wouldn't make it out in time. But there was a 'no clipping' sort of glitch that allowed you to drop all the gold through the floor right by the exit! B-)

That sure came in handy. I bought any damn thing I wanted once I got back to the desert!!
    And there was nothing better than turning those alien weapons on the aliens themselves and watching their little heads go *POP*. ;-)

The other one, 'Broken Steel,' wasn't that great to me. It raises the level cap to 30 and adds some new weapons and enemies, but no new areas. Plus, you have to beat the main quest to unlock all of that. I can't wait for you to play 'Point Lookout,' it's so dark, marshy, and mysterious. I loved it.

@Master_Dahark, absolutely not. I didn't even play the DLC, 'New Vegas' just lacked the magic that made 'Fallout 3' so amazing, especially that horrid ending workaround where you'd have to lose hours upon hours of gameplay just to experience the different ending. It was very annoying. There's a lot I didn't like about that game, and never had interest in returning to it to give it a second chance. 'Fallout 3,' however, I've probably beaten all the way through three or four times.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,454
    'Battlefield: Hardline'

Well, after the monstrosity of BF4, I managed to get into the very limited beta access today. Spent 7-8 hours downloading the 6 GB beta, it finally finished, loaded it up, and of course, as expected, it was terrible. Feels like BF4.2 (Not even BF4.5), but with an array of horrible-stat weapons, uncreative maps, incredibly cheap and dull game modes, and I'll bet ALL of the money in the world that this isn't "beta." I would bet every dime I'll ever make that when this game ships - which I would advise you not to purchase - that it will be full of bugs, glitches, netcode issues, and it'll have the exact same graphics.

EDIT: Well, I suppose I'm eating my words now. The more time I spent with it, the more I'm enjoying it. They managed to fix a few problems with BF4 - yet they retained a lot of the same bugs and glitches, unfortunately - but I will say this, I've never played an online game with so much crazy shit happening at once. So many different vehicles and areas to go that there is almost always something intense happening in a match. It's like I'm playing 'Heat,' running through downtown L.A. as I chase robbers who have a sack full of cash. It's so much fun. I'll pick it up at some point, but I'll be smart this time and give it a while so some bugs and glitches are ironed out.

Managed to get into the Alpha version for 'Destiny,' thankfully, so I'm watching movies while that downloads.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Whilst I was offline, having got my console back, I kept busy with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. One of the strongest games in the series, really stunning to look at with great gameplay.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Battlefield: Hardline'

Well, after the monstrosity of BF4,

Hmmm whats wrong with BF4? works perfectly on my new PC.
    Where to begin:

Bugs, glitches, and netcode problems.
    works fine on my PC.....
    works fine on my PC.....

Okay...but that's not a PS4. Two totally different things. Besides, I refuse to believe that BF4 on the PC runs 100% smoothly with zero hiccups, bugs, glitches, or errors.
  • Yea, my friend got the alpha for Destiny and it's so awesome, he let me make my own character and mess around for a few hours with it! So much fun, I will definitely have to go next-gen by then.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 23,527
    Aliens: Colonial Marines

NewACMlogo.png

I have played far better games than this one. Had this game come out in - say - 2004, it would have rocked. Now I feel it just borrows from the likes of FEAR 2, some of the older COD games and even the last two Bond games. And all of them did it better, IMO, than Colonial Marines. Plus, I finished this game in under three hours; it's that short. I'm not saying the game is bad; it's just nothing very innovative. It doesn't hold up against some of the more recent video games.

BUT, I will recommend it to anyone who, like me, loves the movie Aliens and wants to experience the thrills again. If you have watched the film countless times, read the comics and played the AvP's, you might be looking for something else. Well, the fact that we get some pretty nice references to Aliens, including the settings of LV-426 and the derelict ship from Alien (and Prometheus) makes up for a lot. I know that if the gameplay is a let-down, the whole game is usually a lot-down too but I had a lot of fun firing Hudson's gun, walking near the space jockey, fighting a queen using that awesome fork-lift...

I guess it's a good thing that I waited for this game to be sold for much less than its initial price. It's simply not worth the big money. But with a substantial discount, yeah, I'm pleased enough. At least I was entertained enough while playing. And I will play Colonial Marines again, if for no other reason then at least because I enjoy walking around where half of the Nostromo crew walked around and where half of the Sulaco Marines walked around. I enjoy the presence of Bishop (Lance Henriksen) and Hicks (Michael Biehn). Fighting the same guns they had in Aliens is pretty cool. I mean, that's what pulls me in if nothing else.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    works fine on my PC.....

Okay...but that's not a PS4. Two totally different things. Besides, I refuse to believe that BF4 on the PC runs 100% smoothly with zero hiccups, bugs, glitches, or errors.

You never said you were playing it on PS4....... Yeah they are two different things for sure...PC games look alot better!

Worldcraft 2 on my Nexus 7, never bothered with tablet games before though this is addictive.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,107
    Finished FarCry 3 a couple of weeks ago. It was much better than the second game, which I do'nt think I'm goin to finish.

Last games I played throught were Bloodstone and 007 Legends back to back in between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall between my Craig marathon. Bloodstone is still the better product and sits well in between the two movies. Legends is more like a fan fiction, but it's , to me, still fun to relive past 007 missions. Even though reimaged. Have played it so many times now since it was released,that I can look past it's flaws and enjoy the journey. It's not exactly the longest game, but if you sit through it in one session it's not shorter than CoD game. Still, things could've been done differently, longer single missions et cetera. But as a big Bond fanatic, I can find much to enjoy in it.
    I'm sure the PC is a lot better in every aspect, @WillardWhyte, but I don't have a proper gaming PC. I don't care for them, either, I like the feel of a controller better without having to sit in front of a computer.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Last game I played was The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-2-610x343.jpg

It's a squad-based third person shooter, with some RPG elements, set in 1962 and focusing on mankind's first contact with an alien race, via their invasion of Earth. Imagine a mix of the 'Conflict:...' series, 'Mafia 2' & the 'Resistance:...' series, and that'll give you an idea of what this is like.
    @MajorDSmythe, when I still had my 360, I watched a lot of gameplay for that and debated picking it up quite a few times, I just never got around to doing so before trading it in. It looked like fun, though.

As for me, I've been playing a good bit of 'Dynasty Warriors 8' lately with my friend. I've never really been into these games, and the English dubbing in it really takes me out of the experience, but the gameplay and combat is fun enough to keep me going. Great way to spend a few hours, flying through hundreds and hundreds of enemies and their officers.