Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

Amazing Spider man - not seen part two yet, though first movie i think is probably best Spider Man film for emotional depth and narrative. Its not perfect ill admit, and if you want spectacle Spiderman 2 wins hands down. Andrew Garfield is a very good Peter Parker, very much gets the complexity of the character.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    The Hangover Part III

More of the same. Eh.

That's being generous. I thought it was one of the worst films I've ever seen.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    The Hangover Part III

More of the same. Eh.

It's not the worst film I've seen. That honor or shame goes to Battleship.
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    The Hangover Part III

More of the same. Eh.

It's not the worst film I've seen. That honor or shame goes to Battleship.
    I watched Hangover part 1 that was enough for me. Would not class the first film comedy, times have changed and writing has become poorer.
    Screw you guys I liked Hangover 3 and I hated Hangover 1 (haven't watched H2) go figure

on topic: Juno. Aw god I liked this movie. It surprised me a little bit as I did not know what to expect and I just had some "predictions" for what will happen. Really good humour. I did not expect this movie to be funny and it really was. This movie had a lot of heart in it and it totally reminded me of the movies of one of my fave Directors-Wes Anderson.
    The soundtrack is superb. I sorta thought the dialogues sorta were not believeable alotugh funny, but that might be because I totally did not expect this one to be a comedy in the first part.

I think I'll watch some other movies of the writer of this movie cause it god a really deserved Oscar for best original screenplay.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Snowpiercer (2013)

It's a South Korean/American post-apocalyptic sci-fi with a fresh and interesting premise. I found it highly enjoyable, with cool fight scenes and some of the cinematography was unique. Best of all, it stars John Hurt, Tilda Swinton, Ed Harris, and Cap himself, Chris Evans.

4/5
  • TO CATCH A THIEF on blu-ray. Great transfer. Fun HITCHCOCK. Great cast.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I didn't like it the first time but the second time around was much better. I rented The Desolation of Smaug, which I'll be watching tonight for the first time.

Non-Stop

Pretty good film but nothing game changing. It's worth a rental.
    @QsAssistant, that's how I felt about 'Non-Stop': it was entertaining and I loved trying to figure out who was who, but it's definitely worth a rental and nothing more.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well they ARE remaking 'The Naked Gun,' but it's with Ed Helms and you just know that it's going to be extremely terrible.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Haunter (2013)
    haunter-full.jpg

A supernatural thriller with influences of other films mixed in, yet I think the film juggled the influences in a fresh way. The film bravely unveils one of it's twists early on, and manages to not run out of steam.
    @BAIN123, yep, my thoughts exactly. Terrible, terrible idea, but someone got paid to greenlight the project. That's upsetting.
    It could be worse...it could be...gulp...Rob Schnieder.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    It could be worse...it could be...gulp...Rob Schnieder.

Shhhh...don't give them any ideas. They'll recast and put him in every role in the film.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    It may turn out half decent, but even so I'm not going to watch it. I loved those films growing up and was even lucky enough to meet Leslie. I'll save it for the younger blokes weaned on The Hangover films.

A remake just won't feel right. Leslie WAS Frank Drebin growing up for me.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,465
    BAIN123 wrote:
    It may turn out half decent, but even so I'm not going to watch it. I loved those films growing up and was even lucky enough to meet Leslie. I'll save it for the younger blokes weaned on The Hangover films.

A remake just won't feel right. Leslie WAS Frank Drebin.

Yeah, I don't even want to support the film. There's no way it'll be the same whatsoever, and I refuse to support such a horrid idea.
    It's like if someone tried to remake the first Die Hard.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Murdock, heh heh, you know, that movie actually wasn't half bad!
    In a cheap sort of way... :))
    @chrisisall, I love it. It's full of hilarious moments. It's one of those so bad it's good movies. I discovered it through my favorite internet reviewer. The Cinema Snob. :))

http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/crackerjack-by-the-cinema-snob-6540755
    Murdock wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    ;)

Jesus. They even talk via radio like the first DH.

This looks like the sort of film Pierce Brosnan would have been in pre-Bond.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @BAIN123, you mean like Lawnmower Man? :D
    ...and Live Wire.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Live Wire was great, though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote:
    ...and Live Wire.

... and Death Train... Detonator... Night Watch... ;)
    Actually, Death Train felt a lot like Octopussy.
  • JuraquagmireJuraquagmire Canada
    The Art of the Steal(the one with Kurt Russell)
    Passion
    The World's End
    Hot Fuzz(Timothy Dalton's genius in this)
    Murdock wrote:

So did The Fourth Protocol.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

So did The Fourth Protocol.

True. :)

BAIN123 wrote:
    ...and Live Wire.

... and Death Train... Detonator... Night Watch... ;)

I loved almost all of these, I'll admit. Entertaining, for what they're worth!