Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Iron Man 3
    I enjoyed it. I liked it a lot more than IM2.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    Iron Man 3

Well that's not saying much. ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Iron Man 3

Well that's not saying much. ;-)

IM2 was bloody terrible so I didn't have much expectation for 3. But it was pretty damn good. I like Guy Pearce in everything he does.
    Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Guy Pearce, he's so underrated. His new film 'The Rover' looks amazing, starring him and Robert Pattinson. They look like they're going to work off one another really well in the film, should lead to some tense end-of-the-world gunfights.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm beginning to see Marvel's strategy. They're betting on two horses. Some films are clearly aimed at the younger kids (e.g. IM2, Thor 2), while other films are meant to be seen by grown-ups (e.g. Captain America 2) I think this is actually good in terms of safeguarding the Avenger's endurance. ;-)
    I liked IM2 :(
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    There's nothing wrong with that, obviously. I like all of these films, the darker ones as well as the lighter ones.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    dragonsky wrote:
    I liked IM2 :(

It was okay, just not up to the standards of what was before. Still, even a subpar Marvel film is good. I think the biggest crimes of IM2 is how much Rourke was wasted and the real lack of any memorable, deep or thrilling moments in the film. In the first and third films we got into the head of Tony a bit, but in 2 I just don't feel that.

I rewatched IM3 recently and was shocked at how deflated I felt after. I loved it the first time but the second time I didn't like it nearly as much as I thought I would. Don't know why that is.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Forbidden Planet on bluray - Stands up well, intelligent and still relevant film. Visually looks very good on bluray. Has excellent extras including a documentary with the four bearded ones, Spielberg, Lucas, Scott and Cameron, reflecting on 50s science fiction.

Also has the movie Invisible boy on this disk, a bit of a curio, stated as a sequel to Forbidden Planet. Well Robby the Robots stars lol Also a episode of the Thin Man, with Robby quest starring. Superb bluray for sci fi fans.
  • just watched Edge of Tomorrow - not a big fan of Tommy Girl - but I was amazed at how witty, well thought out this piece of crazy sci-fi was. At last, a good/great bit of original sci-fi. A welcome relief from all the remakes, spin-offs and superhero movies.

Go watch it and you will enjoy it, unless your name is Bra...
    'Rain Man'

Fantastic film and Hoffman most certainly deserved that Oscar. It's hilarious, it's touching and moving, it's exciting, it's sad, it's dramatic, it's one great piece of work.

'Office Space'

I don't know why, but this film never gets old to me. I've seen it maybe 40 or 50 times and it's just as good as it was the first time I saw it. Some of Mike Judge's best work.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Rain Man'

Fantastic film and Hoffman most certainly deserved that Oscar. It's hilarious, it's touching and moving, it's exciting, it's sad, it's dramatic, it's one great piece of work.

One of my favorites as well.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Rain Man is an excellent film. And an excellent driver.
    Rain Man is an excellent film. And an excellent driver.

Especially when he drives slow on the driveway. 'Course, the seats were originally brown leather.
  • I found Rain Main...a damp squib....two of Hollywood's finest shamelesy chewing the sets for an Oscar....bad film imo.

Ralph Fiennes shows em how to act in Spider....a top top top film by the way...stick your rain main up your jaffa.

I found Rain Main...a damp squib....two of Hollywood's finest shamelesy chewing the sets for an Oscar....bad film imo.

Ralph Fiennes shows em how to act in Spider....a top top top film by the way...stick your rain main up your jaffa.

Well tell us how you really feel about 'Rain Man.' Jeez.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I found Rain Main...a damp squib....two of Hollywood's finest shamelesy chewing the sets for an Oscar....bad film imo.

Well tell us how you really feel about 'Rain Man.' Jeez.

ok...it was like walking into a portable loo at a music festival....floats, floats and stinks.
    Batman Begins well the first half before my fiancé fell asleep and man I love this movie.
    @forgotmyusername, that would be sarcasm. You really think it's THAT bad? I can understand if someone may not like the film, but to talk it up like it's the worst pile of trash ever seems a bit extreme.
    X-Men Days of Future Past
    Great movie, it's the one is much closer to the 90's cartoon but works great as a movie. It has action but also character develpment and addresses social issues.
    I don't know if it's my favorite or First Class tops it. I'll like to see it again on the theater and many more times when it's on DVD.
    Probably my favourite of the 3 Naked Gun films. This opening scene always makes me laugh until I can't breathe.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I miss Leslie Nielsen. The first two are classics, and the third is not too shabby.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Probably my favourite of the 3 Naked Gun films. This opening scene always makes me laugh until I can't breathe.

Severely miss this man and those films and tv show. Comedy gold at it's best!
    :-))
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I met him in 2000 aswell when he was doing a stage show in Surrey.

You can also see the big bloke trying not to laugh when he says those abbreviations :))
    We need more comedies like The Naked Gun and Airplane!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    dragonsky wrote:

You don't get them now because:

a. Leslie is no longer with us

b. Those were parodying a different genre

I also saw Spy Hard a few days ago for the first time in ages. A far weaker spoof with the Great Man.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Last thing I recall seeing him in was Due South playing a Mountie made me laugh as he always did.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:

You don't get them now because:

a. Leslie is no longer with us

b. Those were parodying a different genre

I also saw Spy Hard a few days ago for the first time in ages. A far weaker spoof with the Great Man.

There are good comedy actors out there, we just need good scriptwriters and directors with a sense of humour to pull something like that off
    Well they ARE remaking 'The Naked Gun,' but it's with Ed Helms and you just know that it's going to be extremely terrible.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Hangover Part III

More of the same. Eh.