SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, I understand your point, pachazo. :)
    I just hear him called short once in awhile and I do not consider him to be short, that's all.
    Boy, this has turned very off topic, mea culpa. To cut any controversy: I don't consider Daniel Craig short and Simon Russell Beale with his stocky look would be perfect as Blofeld, should they decide to use Blofeld again.
    Craig may not be 6 ft., but he isn't short, for Pete's sake.
    I was referring to the flak he got when he was announced. Compared to his predecessors, Craig is short.

boldfinger wrote:
    Craig may not be 6 ft., but he isn't short, for Pete's sake.
    I was referring to the flak he got when he was announced. Compared to his predecessors, Craig is short.

Shorter. Still taller than the average.
    He makes up for it with girth. Apparently.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    I am just back from King Lear, directed by Sam Mendes. If, and that is a big IF, he wants Blofeld in Bond 24, my bet is that he found him in Simon Russell Beale. Okay, this is probably wishful thinking.

What makes you so sure if you do not mind me asking? On a seperate note, how good was King Lear?

Well, although he is a bit short (which I am not sure would look well in cinema), Beale, especially in the early scenes, when Lear is still assuming full power, is full of tyrannical authority, plays perfectly the man to whom nobody dares to say no to. He played many productions directed by Mendes (seven or nine I think), thus they know each other well and before Lear he was also Iago back in 1997, in another production directed by Mendes. So he is used to play Shakespearean characters with Mendes, and Blofeld is described by Fleming as Shakespearean. Beale is also heavy set like Blofeld in the novel TB. He was also, I believe, rumored in the past to play a Bond villain. That does not mean much, I know: fresher rumors mention someone else for the villain, and they do have some credibility.

As for the play, it was amazing.

ok cool, don't really know much about him really so thank you for the information. Glad you enjoyed the play too!
    I didn't know much about him either to be honest, the only thing I remembered of him was his reading of Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper, and that's a children book. He played an amazing Lear and made the best descend into madness I ever saw. He also showed why his daughters treated him like they did. In the early scenes, I could most definitely see Blofeld in him.
    /\ be certainly interesting to see what happens over the coming months then? I don't want a Blofeld return though! Atleast not in the Craig era as we already have a criminal organisation to be dealt with?
    Well, as I said this is purely speculation from my part: Beale having often worked with Mendes on various plays, it would make sense if he's cast in Bond 24. That doesn't mean he will be or that there is even evidence he is considered.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 2,015
    I have found out that the next villain will probably be played by Deo Garcez :
    176916-7429-ga.jpg

Here's how :
    CR villain played by an actor born in Copenhaguen, QOS born near Paris, SF born in Canary Islands. Look at a map : clearly on a line, with the space twice bigger each time. So the next one is born in Sao Luis, Brazil.
    997077bondvillains.jpg
    Hence Deo Garcez.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    hahahaha, good one.
    hahahaha, good one.

I can't imagine how far my mind will be blown if by some twist of fate this guy runs into Mendes and gets the gig.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Your observation skills are exceptional, @Suivez_ce_parachute!
    Even more fascinating is that if we follow that line, the villain for Bond 25 would be from McMurdo Base in Victorialand, Antarctica!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I have found out that the next villain will probably be played by Deo Garcez :
    176916-7429-ga.jpg

Here's how :
    CR villain played by an actor born in Copenhaguen, QOS born near Paris, SF born in Canary Islands. Look at a map : clearly on a line, with the space twice bigger each time. So the next one is born in Sao Luis, Brazil.
    997077bondvillains.jpg
    Hence Deo Garcez.

That is brilliant!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    boldfinger wrote:
    Even more fascinating is that if we follow that line, the villain for Bond 25 would be from McMurdo Base in Victorialand, Antarctica!

:O :O :O

Has 007 found his match?

penguin_james_bond_by_jbetbeze-d3i0a5q.png
    ggl007 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

:O :O :O

Has 007 found his match?

penguin_james_bond_by_jbetbeze-d3i0a5q.png

=)) I think he has!!!
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Nice suit, they must be related! =))
    Brilliant. =))
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11358&t=mi6&s=news

so Bond 24 starts filming in 5 months... just wanted to point that out
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That time will be here before we know it.
    this is going to be a great summer for me especially

Batman Vs Superman Begins filming this month
    New Yes album Heaven and Earth Released in july
    and tons of bond rumors (and possibly finding out the title) May-October
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Only five months? Now that it's summer, that time really will fly by. Just think now, in less than five months, we'll have a plot, casting details, title, etc. I'm so pumped.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited May 2014 Posts: 108
    Risico007 wrote:

As Sam Mendes always insists upon months of collaborative prep-work with his cinematographers before shooting any film, we might see the new cinematographer announced fairly soon.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Strelik wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

As Sam Mendes always insists upon months of collaborative prep-work with his cinematographers before shooting any film, we might see the new cinematographer announced fairly soon.

Ah, he must be one who likes to storyboard his shots.
    I think I'll be reading up on everything for the next few months, watch the press conference, and then I'll be avoiding any threads that may possibly lead to spoilers, and I'm going to try and avoid all of the trailers and teasers. This'll be tough.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited May 2014 Posts: 3,277
    Sony Pictures Brazil has confirmed today that BOND 24 will be released in Brazil on October 29th, 2015.

jbbr_bond24_oficial_br_release_date.png

More info here: http://jbbr.co/B24BR2910
    Very nice! I saw you post this on Facebook, Marketto.
    we only have a few more months of calling it Bond 24 until we start Calling it Risico... (I wish)
  • Why must America get these movies the latest?

And regarding the villain, if Bond 24 ends up with him as the antagonist and called Wave-Link, I'm going to the bunker for the apocalypse.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why must America get these movies the latest?

And regarding the villain, if Bond 24 ends up with him as the antagonist and called Wave-Link, I'm going to the bunker for the apocalypse.

Because we get all the other cool stuff, and the less sucky of the bad when it comes around.