New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    She is from Portugal, but lives in Germany. No wonder she is messed up.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote:
    "Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

:D

Funny I had thought of putting a You Tube link to Harry Lime saying that in The Third Man, @WillyGalore.

Got it covered. I love me some Third Man:

Zithers have never sounded so good.
    Asterix in Helvetia! Good memories you have brought me.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    She is from Portugal, but lives in Germany. No wonder she is messed up.

Now, now @Thurderfinger [-( Is that a way to treat a lady? Just because I have an italian name (you have to take my word for it), British accent, was born in Portugal and am currently living in Germany doesn't mean I'm messed up. It just means I'm not an average girl ;;)
    Sorry, that joke came out wrong. It was aimed at Germany, certainly not you. And you are way above average. :)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sorry, that joke came out wrong. It was aimed at Germany, certainly not you. And you are way above average. :)

No worries @Thunderfinger, I was joking with you as well :-bd
    Thanks to WillyGalore for pointing me over to this section.

Hello everyone!
    Hello again @MrSilva (spoken in my least convincing Bond villain voice).

You'll find everyone friendly and accommodating here. Just remember not to feed @Thunderfinger after midnight. ;-)
    Hello @MrSilva :)
    Welcome aboard @MrSilva !!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Welcome aboard indeed!
    Thanks for making me feel so welcome guys/gals.

I've enjoyed lurking the past few days and I get the sense that it really is a community here. I look forward to making my contribution and getting in to the mix of things.

:)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome, dear @MrSilva. It is indeed a true community here. Make yourself at home, pull up a chair at the roaring log fire! :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    And pour glass of brandy, a let dear Draggers regale you, with past glories...

Indeed. Warm the cockles of your heart and all that jazz!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    "Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

:D

Funny I had thought of putting a You Tube link to Harry Lime saying that in The Third Man, @WillyGalore.

Got it covered. I love me some Third Man:

Zithers have never sounded so good.

Indeed. A truly great film (that influenced the scene in TLD) on which John Glen worked and Ian Fleming chose the zither "Harry Lime Theme" as one of his eight favourite records for Desert Island Discs back in 1963.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Welcome aboard :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A warm welcome to the newest members!
    A flaming welcome from me as well.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Hi all, I hadn't posted an intro yet so thought I should do so – not sure what kind of info is customary…

I’m a British expat currently living in Belgium (the ‘chocolate’ heart of Europe). I frequent these forums mainly to get info on the next outing, but am amused to see that it is far more than just moviechat.

Anywho, I won’t list ‘fav 007 films’ etc. as that is a bit tired, but I am partial to the Dalton films and Connery’s performance in his first two films remains for me the quintessential Bond performance on the silver screen.

For #24 I am hoping for the same sort of things as most people here - a little more flair & familiarity, and from a filmmaking perspective a bit more ‘zip’ from Mendes & Craig, as I felt SF was lacking in certain key areas and, despite being an improvement on QoS, felt cobbled together.
    Logan & Mendes are on board from day #1 for this one, so I have high hopes.
    Welcome aboard @AceHole ..
    Welcome, @AceHole. Your discussions are of great interest already.
    Nice to meet you, @AceHole. Enjoyed your posts so far. :)
  • Welcome @AceHole! Really like your posts so far!
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Greetings!

I am from the United States. I joined here a few moments ago. I have been a big fan of James Bond 007 since GoldenEye 007 for Nintendo 64! I enjoy all of the James Bond 007 films very much! Everything in the James Bond experience is so entertaining, exotic, and distinct!
    Been to the US and felt welcome there, so welcome here, @Thunderballs007!
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Been to the US and felt welcome there, so welcome here, @Thunderballs007!

Thank you very much! Your Username is Great! :D

• Dave_the_RaveDave_the_Rave London

Hi there, everyone.

This is my first post.

I have checked in here occasionally in the past, curious about all the latest Bond trivia. But I have only now officially signed up.

Okay, so..... I have a QUESTION for all you fellow Bondian fanatics:

I have written and recorded a "James Bond theme" which I think is pretty damn good. In fact a few of my musician friends have said its an "epic" song, and I can tell you that getting compliments out of my musician buddies is basically like having to use a crow-bar on a miser's wallet.

Would I be off-base to post my proposed James Bond theme here at the MI6 site...? Would anyone here have any possible leads as to how I might get my demo to the B24 Production team...?

Any and all thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

All my best to everyone. Thanks for having me !

-- Dave the Rave.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Welcome to the forums, @Dave_the_Rave, nice to have you join!

Well I wouldn't know how you could go about getting the theme to the producers, but you could most certainly start your own Music thread (if you have more than one theme/song you've created), or you could post it on another miscellaneous art/song work thread.
    Welcome, Dave! Good luck, and looking forward to hearing the tune.