Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

It's 1990 all over again.

Now where did I leave my.......

Oh here they are:

y-fronts_1390966c.jpg

:D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Oh here they are:

y-fronts_1390966c.jpg

I'm not a fan, but I know the hardcores are going to be mad. It looks like the origin story that they're running with for the turtles deals with them being created by scientists who intend for them to be superheroes.
    Looks not too bad. I´ll probably feel sick from all the CGI when I come out of the cinema, but who cares.
    That mask gag could be used for some absurdly funny jokes, like wearing masks so noone recognises them.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Oh here they are:

y-fronts_1390966c.jpg

49961877085855402_vqsqphcn_f.jpg?w=500&h=375

Megan Fox, really...? I don't find her even the slightest bit appealing. And this looks nothing like what I remember the TMNT looking like.
    Loved the TMNT!!!! Cowabunga!!!!!!!!!! \m/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 40,492
    I'm surprised at how good the trailer looks, I'm now looking forward to this. Disgusted at the thought of having to look at Megan Fox throughout it, though. Her 'hotness' is incredibly overrated and I could get better acting skills/tips from an old turd.
    And this looks nothing like what I remember the TMNT looking like.
    Oh yeah, great point, reminds me of how Daniel Craig looked nothing like what I remembered James Bond looked like.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,894
    boldfinger wrote:
    And this looks nothing like what I remember the TMNT looking like.
    Oh yeah, great point, reminds me of how Daniel Craig looked nothing like what I remembered James Bond looked like.

I am not the best person to make such a reply to, given my views on Daniel Craig as Bond.
    Music from TMNT 2 in 1991

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_270948&feature=iv&src_vid=GFLGRidfFo4&v=R_K6971WmAs

This must give Michael Bay some breathing space.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Before I click on that link is it Vanilla Ice?? Haha!
    doubleoego wrote:
    Before I click on that link is it Vanilla Ice?? Haha!

How much would you forgive Michael Bay if it were not Vanilla Ice with Ninja GO :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Man that TMNT movie looks so bad. Luckily I have the first two on DVD. That's all I need.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s121/the-inbetweeners/news/a561658/the-inbetweeners-2-funnier-than-the-first-movie-says-joe-thomas.html

Good news if true. I liked the first film but it wasn't as funny as the TV show imo.
    Sony announced a Last of Us movie based on the best-selling videogame of the same name. Sam Raimi's production company is producing the film. Hopefully they'll get this right and we'll have a good adaption.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/screen-gems-takes-on-sony-playstation-vidgame-adaptation-the-last-of-us/</a>;

Why make a film when you can just play the game? I don't understand the minds of studios...

I haven't played The Last Of Us but most of the praise I've read for it is to do with the story. This film means that people who don't play video games will be able to experience this story. So it's a good thing in a way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s121/the-inbetweeners/news/a561658/the-inbetweeners-2-funnier-than-the-first-movie-says-joe-thomas.html

Good news if true. I liked the first film but it wasn't as funny as the TV show imo.
    Sony announced a Last of Us movie based on the best-selling videogame of the same name. Sam Raimi's production company is producing the film. Hopefully they'll get this right and we'll have a good adaption.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/screen-gems-takes-on-sony-playstation-vidgame-adaptation-the-last-of-us/</a>;

Why make a film when you can just play the game? I don't understand the minds of studios...

I haven't played The Last Of Us but most of the praise I've read for it is to do with the story. This film means that people who don't play video games will be able to experience this story. So it's a good thing in a way.
    Only if it's done right, though. All they care about is money, so if it tanks maybe they'll learn a lesson for once.

If they want to be successful they have to nail the emotional beats of the story and get the casting right; casting the right Joel and Ellie is essential to the success of the rest of the piece.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,257
    Here's the latest Godzilla TV spot. I'm really looking forward to this one.

And just for fun, here's a video of a Godzilla fan watching the original trailer for the first time. I picture some of you guys reacting similarly when a new Bond trailer comes out :))

Wow, dramatic much? :))
    Very odd! 8-}
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Anybody else want a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel? No, me neither.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mrs-doubtfire-2-robin-williams-set-to-star-in-sequel-to-1993-comedy-9266507.html

At this point Robin won't even need the mask anymore to appear wrinkled and old. ;)
    Anybody else want a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel? No, me neither.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mrs-doubtfire-2-robin-williams-set-to-star-in-sequel-to-1993-comedy-9266507.html

At this point Robin won't even need the mask anymore to appear wrinkled and old. ;)

I didn't want a Mrs Doubtfire first time around...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Boy, Hollywood is really scraping the bottom barrel now.
    I would say that except Captain America The Winter Soldier (in spite of being a sequel) is actually so brilliant and such a great film that I have now renewed interest in films.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,450
    Years a go mabey and only whant a Mrs Doubtfire 2 if Brosnan, Mara Wilson,Matthew Lawrence, Lisa Jukub, Harvey Fierstein, Sally Field returns and mabey Howard Shore return to to the score. If not Lisa Jakub then i only accepted Anna Paquin.

Fox can better spend the time on The Thomas Crown Affair 2.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,450
    Mara Wilson, the actress who played the youngest daughter in the 1993 comedy "Mrs. Doubtfire," has indicated she has no plans to return for the recently announced sequel.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31739/actress-opts-out-of-mrs-doubtfire-2
    Actress Opts Out Of "Mrs. Doubtfire 2"

mara_article.jpg?1397807843

By Garth Franklin Thursday April 17th 2014 10:07PM

Mara Wilson, the actress who played the youngest daughter in the 1993 comedy "Mrs. Doubtfire," has indicated she has no plans to return for the recently announced sequel.

Wilson, who hasn't pursued acting since becoming an adult, expressed her reaction in a series of tweets yesterday to the news of the project's reveal.

Wilson, who hasn't pursued acting since becoming an adult, expressed her reaction in a series of tweets yesterday to the news of the project's reveal.

Wilson says she has fond memories of the original but has no desire to return. Here's her tweets:

"For the record, no, I do not have anything to do with the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel, nor will I.

I've been in some mediocre movies, but I've never been in a sequel. And I have no interest in being in one now.

Sequels generally suck unless they were planned as part of a trilogy or series. I think Doubtfire ended where it needed to end.

I'm glad I had the chance to be in it, and I'm proud of what we did, but I don't see how we could do it again.

There are many, many reasons I don't want to be in Mrs. Doubtfire 2. But they haven't even asked me (yet), so no need to worry.

They haven't asked me to be in it, and I think it would be weird if they did! I don't act much and am not a cute little kid anymore.

But I don't think a sequel makes sense plotwise, and I don't think there'd be a part for me even if I did still act and was interested.

I loved being in Doubtfire, and I'm grateful every day I had that experience. I met my sister-for-life Lisa there. I had a great time.

I know! RT @KatBeamon I'm with you. Growing up a 90s kid, I feel it's best to leave it there. It wouldn't even feel right coming out now.

Source: Twitter
    Not only did they not call Wilson about being in the film, but she hasn't acted in over ten years. She quit while she could. She even wrote a Cracked article on what it was like being a child actor and what got her out of the business. It seems like it's becoming a bigger thing these days, where a younger actor gets a big role (the kid from the 'Star Wars' prequels and now King Joffrey in GoT) and then decides to retire afterward to pursue another career.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 170

<a href = Gone Girl Trailer</a>

I think it looks fantastic (as all of Fincher's work does), but I really would've went for a different song than that. I don't know if anyone has checked out the first poster for the film, but it's very different and looks wonderful.

Is that the poster image? It's a broken link and doesn't show anything. I would've posted it but I'm too lazy to take 43 seconds to upload it to Photobucket and post it here :).