SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    dragonsky wrote:
    I seriously can't find the "Theme song" discussion so I'll post here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYNUg5j7tr0&feature=share

If there ever was a non-Bond song that screamed Bond that is definitely this one.

Are there any rumours about Caro Emerald and B24 ?

Now that would give me something to look forward too. [-O<
    If I as I hope? Quantum should return? I wonder if we may return to a new age Russian old style cold war involvement for Bond 24? Kind of thought about it as I watched a little bit of Octopussy yesterday!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    If I as I hope? Quantum should return? I wonder if we may return to a new age Russian old style cold war involvement for Bond 24? Kind of thought about it as I watched a little bit of Octopussy yesterday!

I watched it too. I kept thinking that art could be a nice MacGuffen for Bond 24.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I watched it too. I kept thinking that art could be a nice MacGuffen for Bond 24.

I think so as I always have enjoyed those pesky Russians in 007 movies! :-bd
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I wonder if we may return to a new age Russian old style cold war involvement for Bond 24? Kind of thought about it as I watched a little bit of Octopussy yesterday!
    It definitely gets my vote, as this is exactly what I intend to do with my fan fiction :D
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I wonder if we may return to a new age Russian old style cold war involvement for Bond 24? Kind of thought about it as I watched a little bit of Octopussy yesterday!
    It definitely gets my vote, as this is exactly what I intend to do with my fan fiction :D

I think it would be an excellent development if the head of Quantum turned out to be Russian given what is going on in the world recently.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I think it would be an excellent development if the head of Quantum turned out to be Russian given what is going on in the world recently.

The head of Quantum should be an international EU/IMF sponsored bankster.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I do not mind who or what he or she does to be honest? As long as they are ruthless, and obviously we get closure on the Quantum organisation within the Craig era.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I do not mind who or what he or she does to be honest? As long as they are ruthless, and obviously we get closure on the Quantum organisation within the Craig era.

I'd rather have him coming from the spy or military world than the business one, for some reason. Evil tycoons have been done a bit too often for my taste.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I'd rather have him coming from the spy or military world than the business one, for some reason. Evil tycoons have been done a bit too often for my taste.

That's how I think, and evil tycoons don't give off the kind of fear or physical presence that spy/military men do.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

That's how I think, and evil tycoons don't give off the kind of fear or physical presence that spy/military men do.
    I´d rather give him an obscure background. The less we understand his background and reasoning, the more the fun.
    "And people fear what they don´t understand."

An obscure background is great, but that would almost rule out an evil tycoon. Businessmen can be relatively away from public life like Greene, but never completelely. Blofeld and general Grubozaboischikov could come back as Keyser Soze types.
    boldfinger wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I´d rather give him an obscure background. The less we understand his background and reasoning, the more the fun.
    "And people fear what they don´t understand."

Their is no reason why Quantum cannot have infiltrated the Russian military to meet their own evil ends though? That is the beauty of them!
    Cabaret opening night yesterday. So with this out of the way, Sam can hopefully now finally concentrate on Bond. Daniel was there to support him, dropping in at last minute. Hair buzzed...

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2014/apr/25/cabaret-review-alan-cumming-sam-mendes-revival
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for the info GG. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Hair buzzed ... oh ...
    Is there a pic? :(
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,601
    No, no pic yet, just a friend, who does the "stalking" as my good friend RC7 calls it. :D
    She said, he looked good, so there is hope LOL.

But he was also at the Spiderman premiere, so there might pop up some pics.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks, GL. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm not sure if there's really anything new to be found in this article, but have a look:

http://www.007.info/mendes-comments-on-bond-24/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Nice comments, there. The three years between films was indeed part of the reason Mendes is returning. Interesting that he views this as a part two, as well...

There are some potential ideas that should not be expanded on.
    Sigh...
  • RC7RC7
    The more I read Mendes' comments the more I convince myself that MP will end up in the field, probably at the climax of 24. If he feels there are several narrative threads that are unresolved, this seems like the most glaring. MP's character arc in SF is all very possible in real life, but in 'film' world, one would expect it to go 360, with a typically convenient resolution - ie. she 'kills' Bond in SF and saves his skin at, in this case, the end of 24. Whether that has to be from the field is not necessarily a given, it could be more subtle, but given the explicit nature of her failure in the field and Mendes' fixation on thematics, it really wouldn't surprise me. I'm not enamoured by this.
    I fail to see, what other unresolved topics there might be apart from MP, as you say. . New characters, yes, who he might like to give some work to do, but does that count as continuation. I am not sure, I totally got the meaning of this. Is 24 now the two-film story arc they wanted for 24 and 25?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I actually like what he said. He talks of a continuation of the themes of Skyfall and not of the story of Skyfall. The themes of SF were old vs new, tradition vs modernity. By the end of it we actually came back to the tradition so we might see this dichotomy coming up again. I'm fine with that.

Some other things that interested me:

"...preparing his new Broadway revival of the musical Cabaret, while also doing some location scouting for Bond 24."

"...started to get ‘really interested again’ when the producers agreed to wait a little longer, and also when they agreed not to have a two-film story arc for the next two movies (which was the original plan), but keep Bond 24 as a single film." Completely agree on this!

And like I said when this first came up, I would looove to see that clip of Dench and Craig singing Cabaret :D
    QBranch wrote:
    I'm not sure if there's really anything new to be found in this article, but have a look:

This confirms my worst fears. Again! If lightning or a truck doesn't strike this guy lovers of logical and convincing storylines in general (and Bond movies in particular )seem to be in for the second disaster in a row.
    Sandy wrote:
    I actually like what he said. He talks of a continuation of the themes of Skyfall and not of the story of Skyfall. The themes of SF were old vs new, tradition vs modernity. By the end of it we actually came back to the tradition so we might see this dichotomy coming up again. I'm fine with that.

Some other things that interested me:

"...preparing his new Broadway revival of the musical Cabaret, while also doing some location scouting for Bond 24."

"...started to get ‘really interested again’ when the producers agreed to wait a little longer, and also when they agreed not to have a two-film story arc for the next two movies (which was the original plan), but keep Bond 24 as a single film." Completely agree on this!

And like I said when this first came up, I would looove to see that clip of Dench and Craig singing Cabaret :D

I like it too, for the same reasons. I am glad the same director will work on the same characters, it avoids the schizophrenic approach movies in a franchise often take when they switch hands. I am very intrigued about Bond 24 being a continuation, as SF's plot was self contained and so will be Bond 24.

Until he starts shooting Bond 24, I can't wait to see his take on King Lear. Anybody else than me seeing it?
  • RC7RC7
    Sandy wrote:

But he suggests there were story elements that weren't resolved. The old versus new theme was tied up neatly. I really don't think he's talking thematics, more narrative arcs. He's set up Q and MP in a way in which they have a direct impact on Bond and his actions/reactions. There's also a new narrative throughline with M. I'm hoping it's his way of deflecting attention from the real crux of the movie. Happy to see some narrative continuity, but it's not essential every loose end is tied up (or expanded upon) at the expense of a good old fashioned romp.

He obviously didn't hear my inner groan at the reappearance of the DB5. He seems to think he was doing something original. Has he not seen or been informed about its appearances in GE, TND and CR...? Very odd.
  • RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote:
    He obviously didn't hear my inner groan at the reappearance of the DB5. He seems to think he was doing something original. Has he not seen or been informed about its appearances in GE, TND and CR...? Very odd.

It does worry me that he thinks it was a great idea. The general public in GB like Michael McIntyre and Simon Cowell - hardly the benchmark of credibility. You can spoonfeed them warm diarrhea as long as they feel like they are 'part of something'. He needs to jettison the nostalgia kick.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

This confirms my worst fears. Again! If lightning or a truck doesn't strike this guy lovers of logical and convincing storylines in general (and Bond movies in particular )seem to be in for the second disaster in a row.

Disaster?

A personal dislike but the disaster is your personal opinion and a rather extreme one at that.