SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Risico007 wrote:
    I do think the Cruz rumor is possibly true I mean it's Sony France (as in part of the company distributing Bond 24) not some backwater Site claiming Cruz is in this...

They made typos on the news... That looks like unfounded rumours to me.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Ludovico wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    I do think the Cruz rumor is possibly true I mean it's Sony France (as in part of the company distributing Bond 24) not some backwater Site claiming Cruz is in this...

They made typos on the news... That looks like unfounded rumours to me.

Its an official company document with information concerning multiple projects posted on a reputable news site.
    They may be rumors, but they're not unfounded. What is your issue with speculation and rumor anyway? Worst case scenario we find out they're false. Let us speculate, and keep your constant stream of complaints to yourself. If you don't think its true, fine, but we're allowed to discuss it if we'd like.

I will never understand your insistant criticism. This is the best time to be a Bond fan. Its fun to speculate. Go away.
    I have no issue with rumours, except that people here seem to often think they are facts. Cruze being the next Bond girl is not entirely impossible, but unlikely, for a number of reasons: too famous and now maybe too old (I think its unfair to be deemed too old at 39, but they rarely cast an actress above mid thirties). And since she has been rumoured before, this seems to me like recycled rumour. The other two actresses fit the bill more as they are relative unknown.

And please enough with the childish behavior. I'm a Bond fan as much as you are. Who the hell are you to tell me to go away? I speculate like everybody else, but I understand that these are speculation and I assess the news on their credibility. I'm not complaining, I'm assessing the credibility of what we are receiving, just like everybody else.
    And if you can't understand the difference between skepticism towards a claim and a complaint, that's NOT my problem. Neither is it if you cannot understand the difference between news and speculation and add the latter in this thread title.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    What is your issue with speculation and rumor anyway? Worst case scenario we find out they're false. Let us speculate, and keep your constant stream of complaints to yourself.

This is the difference between a few of us on here. I tend to treat every rumour as false until proven true, where other people seem to lean towards true until proven otherwise. However I don't think it's difficult to ask members to be rational about the information we are drip-fed.

As @Ludovico points out, the Cruz rumour is an old one and given the various bits of information we do know, such as her profile being at odds with the casting process, I think it's safe to assume this can be filed under 'mistake'. The Ejiofor rumour, on the other hand, seems to carry more weight given EON's casting policy, the tight-lipped nature of the man in question and the overall buzz it has/will gather - which is perfectly aligned with the wishes of the studio.

People need to be a little more careful when posting wild conjecture, using a little more logic before rushing to be the first to post a rumour. It's not a competition, we're not the tabloids, we're obliged to offer as much of an insight as we can amongst friends. That's why I have a problem when you go all 'red top' with your thread titles - we're better than that.
    So se we want to believe one rumor over the cast list from Sony France the sony france list is null in void?
    If Cruz were cast Eon would give out an official statement.
    And she wouldn´t be any Bond girl, but a villain.
    Could be of course she´s the main villain, and Ejiofor her right-hand man.
    Anyhow, Eon would have announced it officially. So even if it´s Sony France themselves, it´s not true.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    They don't tend to announce things until press conference day anyway.
    Risico007 wrote:
    So se we want to believe one rumor over the cast list from Sony France the sony france list is null in void?
    What you want to believe is irrelevant. What matters is the evidence at hand, and whether there is enough to safely assume X is true, or likely, or plausible. So far, the evidence is poor, a few lines statement with a typo and nothing else to back it up.
    Knowing Cruze was rumored before, one should remain very skeptical about said news. Until there is evidence to the contrary, we can safely say it is highly unlikely she will be a Bond girl.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,015
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Its an official company document with information concerning multiple projects posted on a reputable news site.

More food for though for those who think producers are like chess players who think several moves ahead : what about a intentional leak, so they can judge if the casting of Penelope Cruz would be met with a good word of mouth or not ? Let's see how many days before the producers or Cruz denies this. It's being repeated on numerous popular movie sites right now (with, IMO, a rather good word of mouth at the idea).
    Ludovico wrote:
    We can safely say it is highly unlikely she will be a Bond girl.

You mean the "new Bond" would never consider casting a Academy Award winner as a Bond girl ? :) The error is likely, intentional or not, but her casting is not highly unlikely IMO.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 30
    Well... hopefully this will put finally to rest the Penélope Cruz fake Bond 24 rumours. It's an official statement that Cruz' Spanish rep made today to a journalist from El Pais (the most important Spanish newspaper). It's in Spanish of course, but he says that it's not true and Cruz was never offered a role in Bond 24.

"Javier Giner, publicista español de Penélope Cruz, niega los rumores sobre 'Bond24': "No hay oferta. No es verdad"

"Javier Giner, Penelope Cruz Spanish publicist denies rumors about 'Bond24':" There is no offer. It's not true "
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Of course not. The rumour also surfaced when the Devil May Care title rumours did. One load of rubbish after another.

I'm glad that's out of the way. Thanks @rt183.
    "sony-france-lists-penelope-cruz-as-cast" was a fact, whether you like it or not. Now if you want JWestBrook to only write what is judged "serious" by a few fans who think they know better, well you better create your own thread. I think there will be as many wrong rumors, and that it will be 3 months late to every true ones :)

PS : Samuel001, do you think agents usually tell the truth ? :)
    Sadly the title rumors have been kind of garbage for Bond 24 maybe this means we will get a Fleming title... I hope.
  • RC7RC7
    "sony-france-lists-penelope-cruz-as-cast" was a fact, whether you like it or not. Now if you want JWestBrook to only write what is judged "serious" by a few fans who think they know better, well you better create your own thread. I think there will be as many wrong rumors, and that it will be 3 months late to every true ones :)

That title is fine. Titles inferring the producers may be looking for 'Ponsonby' or 'Brand' aren't. @JWESTBROOK made a comment the other day along the lines of 'it made you look at the thread, though'. We're not a tabloid and it's not thread wars. Personally I don't think the title of this thread needs changing as frequently as it is. If I see new posts I'll look at it. Simple.
    Ludovico wrote:
    We can safely say it is highly unlikely she will be a Bond girl.

You mean the "new Bond" would never consider casting a Academy Award winner as a Bond girl ? :) The error is likely, intentional or not, but her casting is not highly unlikely IMO.

They did... during the Brosnan tenure, a time when more famous actresses were cast, with dubious effect at best. Since the beginning of the Craig era, they went for relative unknown when casting Bond girls. Hence, it is highly unlikely Cruze will be cast, especially at her age... And furthermore, it has been debunked as a rumour in the past and the only piece of evidence we have is about three lines from Sony France, with a typo in it. And it has been demented by the actress' publicist since then.
    RC7 wrote:

That title is fine. Titles inferring the producers may be looking for 'Ponsonby' or 'Brand' aren't. @JWESTBROOK made a comment the other day along the lines of 'it made you look at the thread, though'. We're not a tabloid and it's not thread wars. Personally I don't think the title of this thread needs changing as frequently as it is. If I see new posts I'll look at it. Simple.

Same here. It was using wishful thinking as news. Not merely rumours, wishful thinking.

And I would add to this that @JWESTBROOK's defensive, aggressive and, let's face it, childish attitude when we called for skepticism and judgment was uncalled for. I am all for speculation and discussing rumours when they show up and assess their potential validity. But let's do it intelligently and with maturity.
    Ludovico wrote:
    And it has been demented by the actress' publicist since then.

So you too believe what agents say ? You consider them reliable sources ? :)

Don't criticize others for being too gullible or immature then !

As for Sam Mendes and the producers being unable to steer away from a formulaic Bond, and then an older Bond girl something "highly unlikely", I'm afraid it's more wishful thinking than rocket science. No one knows.

There are many here who should look at some bookmakers sites. If they're only half as good as they think they are to separate rumors from truth, they will be very, very rich in a few years.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Perhaps Bardem told EON that he would do a 007 movie if they would give his missus a part in the next one as a Bondgirl. ;) :D
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,081
    rt183 wrote:
    Well... hopefully this will put finally to rest the Penélope Cruz fake Bond 24 rumours. It's an official statement that Cruz' Spanish rep made today to a journalist from El Pais (the most important Spanish newspaper). It's in Spanish of course, but he says that it's not true and Cruz was never offered a role in Bond 24.

"Javier Giner, publicista español de Penélope Cruz, niega los rumores sobre 'Bond24': "No hay oferta. No es verdad"

"Javier Giner, Penelope Cruz Spanish publicist denies rumors about 'Bond24':" There is no offer. It's not true "

Ok... But - especially since it's "an official statement" - a source would have been nice. Is the quote (by a rep to an unnamed journalist) from Twitter or something?
  • I like the answer :)

833835niceanswer.jpg
    ^^ Me too. :) And thanks.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 30
    I like the answer :)

833835niceanswer.jpg

Cruz herself denied the rumor in a recent Spanish interview...

Entonces… ¿en qué momento rodará Pe la nueva entrega de James Bond, tal y como se ha publicado? «Sinceramente, no sé de dónde salió eso. Alguien se lo inventó y el mundo entero lo creyó, es curioso. Ni me han llamado nunca de 007, ni tengo noticias de que lo vayan a hacer. Alguien se lo sacó de la manga y ahí quedó. Tampoco le doy mayor importancia». Con la despreocupación de quien está acostumbrada a todo tipo de informaciones sobre su persona, asegura que hace años no lee nada de lo que se publica sobre ella.

And here there is the link to the interview, the Bond bit is toward the end.
    http://smoda.elpais.com/articulos/20-anos-de-belle-epoque/4358
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 14,844
    Ludovico wrote:
    And it has been demented by the actress' publicist since then.

So you too believe what agents say ? You consider them reliable sources ? :)

Don't criticize others for being too gullible or immature then !

I do not believe what an agent says, I look where the evidence leads, what it amounts to and on the whole the Cruze casting seems unfounded, to say the least. And if evidence points to the contrary in the future, then I will gladly say that I was wrong. That said, for now the default position would be that she is not going to be a Bond girl.

But yes, right now, judging by the evidence we have at hand, a skeptical attitude is required. And you did not address my previous comment about 1)the fact that casting a star as a Bond girl is a fairly rare occurrence that would be contrary to the trend started with Craig's tenure so far and 2)there is not a shred of reliable evidence about this particular casting.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks for the link @rt183, I think that is pretty clear. Allow me to translate:

So... when is Pe shooting the new Bond film, as was published? "Honestly, I don't know where that came from. Someone made it up and the whole world believed it, it's curious. No one ever called me from 007, nor do I have news that they are going to do it. Someone just pulled it out of a sleeve and it stuck. I don't give it the least importance". With the carelessness of someone used to all sorts of information about her she tells me she hasn't read anything that comes out in the media about her for years.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    And you did not address my previous comment about 1)the fact that casting a star as a Bond girl is a fairly rare occurrence that would be contrary to the trend started with Craig's tenure so far

If they never break formula, then can we be sure that for Bond 24, "this time it's personal" ? Can we be sure Thomas Newman is back ? Etc... :)
    Ludovico wrote:
    and 2)there is not a shred of reliable evidence about this particular casting.

what is the evidence for the Ejiofor rumor ? It's much more accepted here it seems. JWestBrook would have been criticized for not putting it as a title I'm sure !
    Cruz isn;t fit enough.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It's from Variety and The Wrap, not The Sun, a tabloid renowned for making stories up, which came only days after another made up story.
  • But Baz Bamigboye from The Sun has the best palmares so far about Bond scoops, hasn't he ?
    This wasn't from Baz.