Spectre wish list

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If for what ever reason Kevin Spacey was cast in a Bond film, I'd be delighted just so long as he brings to the table the same skill he does for House of Cards.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    doubleoego wrote:
    If for what ever reason Kevin Spacey was cast in a Bond film, I'd be delighted just so long as he brings to the table the same skill he does for House of Cards.

For some reason I see Spacey as Blofeld. It might be because of Superman Returns.
  • Pajan005 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

For some reason I see Spacey as Blofeld. It might be because of Superman Returns.

He was one of the few high points in that awful movie. He wouldn't be my first pick to play Blofeld, but I think he could do it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Pajan005 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

He was one of the few high points in that awful movie. He wouldn't be my first pick to play Blofeld, but I think he could do it.

Or he could play it like he does in the film Se7en, where (SPOILERS AHEAD)
    in the middle of the film, Bond's love interest gets kidnapped by Spacey's villain and fights tooth and nail to get her back. At the climax 007 has punched, kicked and shot his way through henchmen after henchmen, with just Spacey's baddie left. He finds the villain in a darkened room, with just a box between them. As the villain cackles madly, Bond fears the worst and shouts at the top of his lungs "What's in the box?!" as the villain continues to tease him.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

That's why I don't want to see him as Blofeld. Not if he is bald anyway.

Oh, and here's another wish for Bond 24: a not bald Blofeld.
    How about no blofield...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Risico007 wrote:
    How about no blofield...
    Agreed with this.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Risico007 wrote:
    How about no blofield...

God willing
    Risico007 wrote:
    How about no blofield...

I'd rather have no Blofeld than a bad Blofeld, but ideally, eventually, I would love to see a Blofeld done properly.
    I want Quantum and NYC as a setting.
  • I'd like to see Blofeld, not not the Blofeld of the 60s, which would seem like a parody.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 14,840
    Okay, here is another one: a gunbarrel that is integrated to the PTS, akin to the one in CR, but at the very start.
  • I'd like to see Nine Inch Nails do the theme song in addition to Reznor scoring the film. Or have Van Halen do the theme.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Ludovico wrote:
    Okay, here is another one: a gunbarrel that is integrated to the PTS, akin to the one in CR, but at the very start.

I like it too because I use to think the same these days.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Billionaire playboy and space tourism magnate <a href="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8257268748_f58f995290_o.png">Branson Richards</a> takes a break from conquering the cosmos, and focuses his attention on inner-space. Once again, it's up to James Bond to stop him!

Richards: "We have a visitor below. Eliminate him - take the submersible."

nymph-neckerbelle_1-li.jpg
    necker_nymph5.jpg

Let's see some underwater action this time around. Just whack a few spear guns on the front of this baby, a mysterious company logo and we're good to go!

http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/the-necker-nymph-submarine/
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 381
    This will never happen because he is retired, but I'd love to see Marc Alaimo appear as a villain in a Bond film.
    This will never happen because he is retired, but I'd love to see Marc Alaimo appear as a villain in a Bond film.

He is a bit old too. Had they ever done a DS9 movie, Dukat would have made a great villain, even though I thought he was wasted in the last season with that Pa-Wraith mumbo jumbo.

Anyway, back on topic: gambling scenes back.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 381
    Ludovico wrote:

He is a bit old too. Had they ever done a DS9 movie, Dukat would have made a great villain, even though I thought he was wasted in the last season with that Pa-Wraith mumbo jumbo.

Anyway, back on topic: gambling scenes back.

Alaimo is in his early 70s. He could still play a convincing villain. He is an underrated actor, if ever there was one.
    Birdleson wrote:
    Gunbarrel where it belongs

I would like to see the traditional gunbarrel at the start of the film. The intro of CR was cool, and it made sense to have it at the end of Skyfall as it was the 50th anniversary, but I'd like to see it back at the start of the film, where it belongs, for Bond 24.

I'd also like to see Gene Hackman come out of retirement to play a Bond villain.
  • PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom
    edited February 2014 Posts: 35
    Ramp up the gadgets and one liners
    Sam Mendes back
    'The Brosnan Three' rule - 1 Bond girl who is killed half-way through, 1 Bond girl who is in it briefly, and 1 Bond girl who survives the whole film and beds him at the end
    JAPAN!!!! [-O<
    SKI CHASE!!!

:)>-

Edit: I agree with above - Ken Adam-style fortress and limited Moneypenny and M. A bit more Q in the field though
    Plykshow wrote:
    Ramp up the gadgets and one liners
    Sam Mendes back
    'The Brosnan Three' rule - 1 Bond girl who is killed half-way through, 1 Bond girl who is in it briefly, and 1 Bond girl who survives the whole film and beds him at the end
    JAPAN!!!! [-O<
    SKI CHASE!!!

:)>-

Edit: I agree with above - Ken Adam-style fortress and limited Moneypenny and M. A bit more Q in the field though

I cannot disagree with you more with those two. Bringing more gadgets and one liners would bring the franchise back to where it was before CR: a parody of itself and an embarrassment. As for the second one, where do you get it is from Brosnan's era? The only Brosnan movie that would follow this "rule" is TND! And it would make the movies far too formulaic.
  • A PTS that sets up the plot of the film but also works as a stand alone adventure. Eg- TLD and TND.

A larger scale film. I want the villain to have a really big, world threatening evil plan that Bond has to stop. I think the villains in the Craig films so far haven't been very ambitious at all.

@QBranch That's a cool idea, another water based Bond film, like TB and TSWLM. I'd actually prefer that to a snowy Bond film.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    A PTS that sets up the plot of the film but also works as a stand alone adventure. Eg- TLD and TND.

I second this.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Walecs wrote:
    A PTS that sets up the plot of the film but also works as a stand alone adventure. Eg- TLD and TND.

I second this.
    Hear hear.
    I'm wouldn't quite go as far as the Brosnan rule, but I would like a girl that he ends up with at the end. It shouldn't be that difficult to make it feasible, surely?
    Birdleson wrote:
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    I'm wouldn't quite go as far as the Brosnan rule, but I would like a girl that he ends up with at the end. It shouldn't be that difficult to make it feasible, surely?
    That is not a "Bronsan" rule. Those were the very instructions that EON gave to Roald Dahl when he was hired to write the screenplay for YOLT, based on the previous films.

No wonder YOLT is so by the number. I want to see Bond ending up with the girl in Bond 24, but I do want the movie to bring its own originality regarding the relationship with the Bond girl.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

Skyfall did this as well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is world domination even the least bit credible nowadays? I can understand wanting power and control in vast quantities but the landscape of having international dominance is far more subtle and nuanced than simply having some nutter going on about plans to rule the world.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    The Skyfall PTS set up the rest of the film but it doesn't really work as a stand alone adventure. The film just picks up from where it left off after the title sequence.

TND and TLD subtley set up the rest of the movie (the encoder in TND, Smert Spionman in TLD), but they also work as stand alone, mini Bond adventures. I suppose CR also fits this category: Bond gets his 00 status which sets up the rest of the film, his first mission. And GF: Bond flies off to Miami at the end of the PTS, setting up the rest of the movie.

The difference is though with these films, they open up plot threads but don't really start the main story. They work as stand alones, unlike SF, QOS, DAD.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Is world domination even the least bit credible nowadays? I can understand wanting power and control in vast quantities but the landscape of having international dominance is far more subtle and nuanced than simply having some nutter going on about plans to rule the world.

Doesn't need to be world domination, just needs to be a bigger scale plan than nicking some water or killing an old woman. It could just be a massive terrorist attack or something. Something that'd have big consequences if Bond fails.

In Skyfall, Bond fails to stop the villains plan, and it doesn't really affect anyone except him, M and her family/friends. She was going to be forced into retirement anyway so it doesn't even affect MI6.
    doubleoego wrote:

I don't think it is credible. It was not really even then. Dr No was merely fantasizing about it, in fact it is Bond who verbalizes this SPECTRE desire. In the early Bond movies, until YOLT, while the plans are mostly large-scale and could potentially change the world we live in, they never involve world domination.
    doubleoego wrote:

Doesn't need to be world domination, just needs to be a bigger scale plan than nicking some water or killing an old woman. It could just be a massive terrorist attack or something. Something that'd have big consequences if Bond fails.

In Skyfall, Bond fails to stop the villains plan, and it doesn't really affect anyone except him, M and her family/friends. She was going to be forced into retirement anyway so it doesn't even affect MI6.

Well, in QOS, regardless of its execution, the control of Bolivia by a terrorist and criminal organisation is certainly large-scale enough and could have terrible consequences, especially if both the USA and the UK were fooled into turning a blind eye.

In SF, Bond recovers the list, he also prevents Silva from discrediting MI6 to the point of its demise, or at least its tutelage.