Licence to Gift-wrap- What Christmas Gifts Have You Gotten This Year?

124»

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    RC7 wrote:
    My girlfriend surprised the hell out of me. As a joint Christmas/30th Birthday present I will be going to Japan for two weeks, taking in such Bond locations as Hameji castle. I'm overwhelmed and excited to be leaving in around 36 hours. Hope everybody is having a great Christmas.

That's fantastic, @RC7! Are you going on a guided tour? I live here, in western Japan. I'd love to just meet up with you and your girlfriend on one of your days here. I could take a train and meet you nearly anywhere. I'll PM you. Japan is a fabulous place to visit, and I've called it home for 5 years now. And seeing Bond locations is amazing, great fun! I'm sure you will have a blast.
    One of my closest buddies bought me the remote control AM DB5 from Skyfall! Which plays the music, fires machine guns, shield raises from the boot and also working headlights and brake lights! Excellent festive gift!!!! <:-P
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I've received Thrilling Cities, Bond on Set: Skyfall and the James Bond Omnibus Volume 5. I'll read them when the time is right.

I also received a shirt and too much chocolate.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    A bottle of Russian standard, a bottle of Jim Beam and a few other bits and pieces, including some chocolate, the Bond blu ray boxset and a new Wii U controller (broke the last one).

My favourite present though was from my mate. It was a framed photo (taken years and years ago). We went round a friends flat because we were meant to be going out that night and he'd been smoking way too much weed. He was very paranoid and we kept tormenting him, really made ourselves laugh. Didn't even go out in the end. The photo was our friend just sitting there with his knees tucked up to his chest, looking scared out of his wits with his hood pulled up: and then me and my friend on either side of him with stupid grins on our faces.

Wasn't much, but it bought back some happy memories so I was very pleased with it.
    I got V (the original Mini-Series, The Final Battle and the 1st Season) box set as a belated Crimbo present this morning. Never seen the 1st Season before. Interesting to note that they did away with the sound effects for the Visitors voices. I'm assuming that was due to lack of budget.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I got V (the original Mini-Series, The Final Battle and the 1st Season) box set as a belated Crimbo present this morning. Never seen the 1st Season before. Interesting to note that they did away with the sound effects for the Visitors voices. I'm assuming that was due to lack of budget.

So Crimbo = Christmas. Never knew that, but I've said it a whole bunch thanks to 'Goldmember' quotes
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I'll teach you English one day @Creasy ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll teach you English one day @Creasy ;-)

Haha, please do. :-)
    I didn't do too bad myself this year two 007 fragrances original and quantum and a metal gear solid novel.