Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,857
    oo7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Sad news of the death of Lewis Collins. It's funny, but I just watched the first episode of The Professionals on ITV4, just two nights ago, so he was fresh in my memory. I'll have to go out and buy it on DVD, assuming it is available.
    it's on itv4 every day why do you need a dvd of it!!

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that and rarely watch TV these days, @oo7. I'll certainly have to check it out a lot more now!
  • oo7oo7
    I think they even play the episodes twice a day? hardly worth buying when its being shown so often
    oo7 wrote:
    I think they even play the episodes twice a day? hardly worth buying when its being shown so often

Again, thanks for the information. I really must make a point and watch more of that show.
    Very sad news..I still think he would have been a very good Bond, around the time he finished The Professionals and made the film 'Who Dares Wins'. RIP Lewis Collins.
    Zorin61 wrote:
    Very sad news..I still think he would have been a very good Bond, around the time he finished The Professionals and made the film 'Who Dares Wins'. RIP Lewis Collins.

Yes, I too would have liked to have seen him as James Bond - perhaps he would have been a forerunner of Daniel Craig? What do we think?
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/mmk-AOwsLvQ?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/mmk-AOwsLvQ?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RIP Lewis Collins. Five years with cancer is a long time, I hope he didn't suffer. If only he was one of many Cubby thought of for A View To A Kill.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Zorin61 wrote:

Yes, I too would have liked to have seen him as James Bond - perhaps he would have been a forerunner of Daniel Craig? What do we think?

I think this can be discussed here...
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2684/the-biggest-missed-opportunities-in-the-bond-franchise/p4

• oo7oo7
    Benny wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Zorin61 wrote:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2684/the-biggest-missed-opportunities-in-the-bond-franchise/p4

come on benny, man just passed, he's not even got notice on the front page, i think we can discuss his bond here on the day of his death
    Just found out about the sad passing of Lewis Collins. Limited actor as he was (much like Sir Roger), I still think he would have made a great Bond, a real" man's man" Bond ala Dan Craig and Tim Dalton rather than the campery of Moore.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    oo7 wrote:
    Benny wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Zorin61 wrote:

come on benny, man just passed, he's not even got notice on the front page, i think we can discuss his bond here on the day of his death

Calm down @007, I didn't say we couldn't or shouldn't mourn his passing. Far from it. But this is a thread to give condolence, and to mourn the loss of someone.
    If we want to discuss Lewis Collins as a missed Bond opportunity, then the thread I linked to would be the place to do so.

As for having something on the front page, that is not up to me. The admin would need to approve that. Maybe if you wish to contribute a piece for the front page, you could send it to them.

Thank you
    Benny wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Benny wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Zorin61 wrote:

Calm down @007, I didn't say we couldn't or shouldn't mourn his passing. Far from it. But this is a thread to give condolence, and to mourn the loss of someone.
    If we want to discuss Lewis Collins as a missed Bond opportunity, then the thread I linked to would be the place to do so.

As for having something on the front page, that is not up to me. The admin would need to approve that. Maybe if you wish to contribute a piece for the front page, you could send it to them.

Thank you

Bet you've always wanted to say that @Benny :D
    My thoughts and condolences to the families of those killed in the helicopter crash in Glasgow.
    My thoughts and condolences to the families of those killed in the helicopter crash in Glasgow.

Well said, @WillyGalore. I hope everything for them gets better with time.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited December 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Yes, a horrible crash. :(

Seems Paul Walker, the star of The Fast and the Furious series, has died. In a car crash...
    I was never a fan of the movie series, but it's a tragedy, he was only 40.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I really liked the Fast and Furious movies... Sad to see.

RIP Paul Walker

paul-walker-picture-5.jpg
  • He was only 40. I just read that there was some kind of hoax yesterday that he died in a car crash, only for him to die today. Unreal. He and his family and everyone else connected are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't believe he's dead. So young, and yes, having a hoax mere hours before his death is so eerie. RIP, Paul, you and your family are in my thoughts. I'm curious as to what the fate of 'Fast 7' and 'Fast 8' will be.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just heard the news; unreal. RIP.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    RIP to all those who have recently passed, including Paul Walker- I quite enjoyed his films. Very shocking news indeed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RIP Paul. It's weird and sad because I was thinking of the Hitman reboot he was set to star in just minutes before I read about it on this thread.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,551
    @Murdock, as much as I didn't like the idea of him playing Agent 47, I would've loved watching it. Such a tragic loss. I can't get it out of my head, it's just really unbelievable when a sudden, unexpected death comes up like this in Hollywood (or anywhere, really). Reading into him now more than I have in the past, and it appears that he had a lot of relief programs he worked with. Not only was he in CA for a relief fundraiser, but he's been to numerous countries to help out with natural disaster relief and whatnot. He's always just seemed like such a kind and generous man who did what he did because he loved it, not for the paychecks or the fame. May he rest in peace.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, I've never dealt well with death, and likely never will. You almost don't believe news like this because you haven't seen a lifeless body or any other kind of evidence. It's especially weird to accept with actors and actresses, because you hear this news about how they have died, yet you could pop in any one of their films and there they are again, alive as can be onscreen. It's just weird; no other way I can explain it really.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I can't believe this...

I was always a fan of F&F and Paul Walker is somewhat synonymous with that series for me. This car accident of his leaves me empty inside. R.I.P.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    RIP to everyone who died in the Glasgow crash, my condolences to their families.

And RIP to Paul Walker (and his friend that was driving). Love those films, real shame.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Vin Diesel's words are beautiful:

"Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless. Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace."
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Just read that he had a daughter too. Never easy losing someone you love, especially a parent. My condolences to her and the rest of his (and his friend's) family.
    I feel so terrible for his family - especially his 15-year old daughter - and yes, Vin's words were so kind. He's always playing the tough guy, kick-anyone's-ass role in films, especially the F&F series - but if you've ever read his Facebook posts, he's such a nice guy, and this must've hit him really hard. Co-stars Dwayne Johnson and Ludacris had some really sweet words for him, as well. I still can't believe it.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I was reading a new interview with him, only a few weeks ago, stating how the plan was for an eight, ninth and tenth film and him realising by that time he'd be 50. Yet now, he's gone. It's unbelievable and so very sad.

RIP Mr. Walker and his friend Roger Rodas.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,551
    I saw pictures of Walker standing by his car just minutes before he got in and took off. It's so sad realizing that. I really do hope they keep trucking on with the F&F films in his memory. Not sure when they'll go back to the drawing board to decide what to do with the seventh film, but I hope they handle it with proper taste and dedicate it to him.

And of course, RIP Mr. Rodas. Actor or not, it's equally sad that he perished, as well.