Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I just read this on BBC news website:
    RIP to wonderful Noel Harrison, someone I had a tremendous crush on in The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and who always seemed like a nice, easygoing person. He also had a huge hit in the sixties with the song, Windmills of Your Mind. Yes, he was Rex's son, but he carved out his own niche. He had moved back to south Devon in the last decade or so. He was 79.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Gerard wrote:
    Just heard about the demise of Georges Descrières, a french actor who became famous for playing the most famous gentleman thief in the world, Arsène Lupin, in a french cult TV series in the 1970s.

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-311410-l-acteur-georges-descrieres-qui-a-incarne-arsene-lupin-a-succombe-a-un-cancer-le-point.html

I've heard of the literary character Arsene Lupin, but not the TV version. Sad news.

I have seen him once or twice in the role of Arsene Lupin of which I have read a few novels, great stuff by the way, sad news indeed.

• it's a little belated, was just gone (October 24) was the passing of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry (1991) RIP

Today, will see the anniversaries of

Richard Harris - Great Irish actor who appeared in countless movie titles such as The Cassandra Crossing, Gladiator and The Guns of Navarone, to name but a few - died today in 2002

Vincent Price - a great from the horror genre - died today in 1993

RIP to both
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    it's a little belated, was just gone (October 24) was the passing of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry (1991) RIP

Today, will see the anniversaries of

Richard Harris - Great Irish actor who appeared in countless movie titles such as The Cassandra Crossing, Gladiator and The Guns of Navarone, to name but a few - died today in 2002

Vincent Price - a great from the horror genre - died today in 1993

RIP to both

All very worthy of our remembrance.
    British Director Antonia Bird has passed away at the age of 54. Among her many credits were the films Priest (1994), Face (1997) and Ravenous (1999), which all starred Robert Carlyle. She also directed episodes of Cracker and Spooks.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    So sad to hear of the loss of Antonia Bird I did not even know that she was unwell she was a great laugh out loud person I got to know her when she was making the BBC series Casualty here in Bristol a few years ago. God bless Antonia. R I P.
    Marcia Wallace, who had voiced Mrs Krabappel on The Simpsons since 1989, has died at the age of 70.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Hal Needham who directed Smokey & The Bandit and The Cannonball Run has died at the age of 82.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2013 Posts: 1,347
    RIP Lou Reed.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Not such a perfect day RIP Lou.
    Darn. Two people whose work I liked. Okay, Smokey and the Bandit is kind of a guilty pleasure, but it's there I discovered Sally Fields, so there's that. As for Lou Reed, simply put, he's a legend, and his place in the history of music can't be taken away.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Goodbye, Lou Reed. Thank you for all those classic songs.
    RIP Lou Reed! Another amazing talented artist sadly lost! Thanks for the fantastic musical memories!
    Gérard de Villiers, famous author of spy potboilers featuring CIA agent Malko Linge, AKA S.A.S. (Son Altesse Sérénissime) died yesterday, aged 83.

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-311991-l-ecrivain-gerard-de-villiers-auteur-des-sas-est-mort-a-l-age-de-83-ans.html

Somehow, I doubt It will be the end of the series, which totals some 200 books now.
    Gerard wrote:
    Gérard de Villiers, famous author of spy potboilers featuring CIA agent Malko Linge, AKA S.A.S. (Son Altesse Sérénissime) died yesterday, aged 83.

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-311991-l-ecrivain-gerard-de-villiers-auteur-des-sas-est-mort-a-l-age-de-83-ans.html

Somehow, I doubt It will be the end of the series, which totals some 200 books now.

May he rest in peace, when i was younger I really enjoyed his books especially the explicit parts :\"> of course.
    After Boyds attempt with SOLO I would have prefered him to have written the 007 book at an African location in the sixties. Which would have become a far more fun book imho.

The Simpsons pay tribute to Marcia Wallace a.k.a Mrs Krabappel in this week's episode:

BYN14tyCIAAfHu1.jpg:large
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ^ That was quick!
  • It is with great sadness that I give news of the passing of my father earlier today. This is most difficult to type out but he was a fine man and right now it's just a feeling of shock. I haven't cried as of yet, and trying to stay strong, but when it finally does hit home, not sure how to react. Both my parents are deceased now and losing them both is hard to take. Only spoke to him on Thursday and it's such a goddamn shock, can't quite take it in. He wasn't ill so to speak and had reached a long age and had a very eventful life, and died peacefully in his sleep, there was no suffering so to speak

I remember when @Murdock lost his father recently and at the time you don't think much about it, but when it happens to you, it's a feeling you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. Feeling numb right now, or to be honest, I don't know how I feel - empty would be the only suitable word. I didn't even get a chance to see goodbye and that's what's eating away most at me at the moment. It's a real rotten - and hopeless - feeling

So to those of you with your parents you see each day, make the most of every living moment, because you never know what will occur at any time

RIP and I love you, it still doesn't feel real, but got to come to terms with this
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for sharing this with us @Baltimore_007. What was your last conversation about? Something, happy, uplifting? If so, that's one happy memory to be able to hold on to.

Stay strong and I wish you and family all the best. Don't let this beat you.

:)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My condolences @Baltimore_007. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father. My thoughts go out to you and your family. It still feels unreal to me. However when I get really upset about it, He comes to me in my dreams and it makes me feel better. The only advice I can really give is just remember the good memories and keep him in your heart.

Stay strong my friend.

Wesley.
  • Murdock wrote:
    My condolences @Baltimore_007. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father. My thoughts go out to you and your family. It still feels unreal to me. However when I get really upset about it, He comes to me in my dreams and it makes me feel better. The only advice I can really give is just remember the good memories and keep him in your heart.

Stay strong my friend.

Wesley.

It sounds ridiculous but how are you shaping up after the event, as I know it happened a few weeks ago. I can't quite think straight right now in my defense. It's when it first happens it hurts the most, and people always say time is a great healer, but it's not much use right now

I have to stay strong - I have no other choice, but thanks to yourself and Samuel for the acknowledgments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I can't explain it, but I'm just carrying on as if he never did leave. I got pictures of him spread out around the house and I just look at them, even talk to them if nessessary. He was a very strong man. He was in the last stages of his lung cancer and was under heavy medication so he wouldn't be in any pain so he was usually asleep for most of the time. But I just remember the love and care he gave me, and I guess he passed his fighting spirit to me. He's told me before that he wouldn't have wanted me to be sad about it for the rest of my life so I'm going to celebrate his life wherever I can instead of grieve.

He asked me to make his funeral a party, filled with pictures and music he loved and my family and I did just that. I had my friends with me and we had a great time remembering him. Now I don't think everyone can do that, but that's how my mother and I are handling it. If I can help please send me a PM. I'll do my best to help. plus were all here for you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here's another day where entering this thread has hurt more than usual. My sincere condolences to you in this time, @Baltimore_007, and please realize that you have a great "family" of sorts here that care about you and are always here if you need a helping hand or someone to talk to. Take care, mate, and keep your chin up. Your father would want it that way.
  • I don't wish to really keep on about it @Murdock, as we ALL have to lose parent/s at some stage or another - it happens to everyone, but had to give a mention today. I've got no appetite, eaten nothing, just been drinking coffee all day, trying to take things in, and I still can't believe it

Once again, to all those out there who have your parents, you live each and every day with them, and NEVER take life for granted. You never know what will occur. I'm going to leave it now, as I really can't think rationally right now and need to get through a difficult few days. I take this opportunity to give prayers to YOUR father again @Murdock, as I can appreciate now first hand how difficult it must of been for you also

PS Thanks @Brady, just need some time to get things together
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I've got no appetite, eaten nothing, just been drinking coffee all day, trying to take things in, and I still can't believe it

There's no shame in that. You're in shock. Coffee is fine, weaker people would be drinking worse than that.

Take a fews days away from even here, if you like. I know we would all agree, we'd be looking forward to seeing you again once you feel better within yourself.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    PS Thanks @Brady, just need some time to get things together

No worries, no worries. Take your time to heal, and like I said: we're always here for you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Baltimore_007
    This is sad news. I want you to know that I appreciate your effort to share this information with us. You have my sympathies and my condolences.

It's okay to make friends with coffee right now. And a loss of appetite is only natural. So feel no shame about that. We're all in this situation at one point. And the important thing is, we won't let you alone in this.

The best advice I can give you is to allow time to take you through the process of mourning. And whenever you feel the need to talk someone, don't hesitate to PM myself or anyone else on this forum. I'll be happy to lend a friend as much of my time as he needs.

If it's any consolation, from what you wrote I deduce that you will forever treasure the memory of your father in your heart. May he rest in peace.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    My deepest condolences @Baltimore_007.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I haven't visited this thread in a while. I am so saddened to hear of your news, @Baltimore_007. I give you my heartfelt condolences. Please take good care of yourself, and try to be forgiving of yourself in this tremendously difficult time, and know that many people here are reaching out to you. Feel free to PM us. You are in my thoughts.
    My condolences to you and your family for this very difficult time @Baltimore_007.