Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Kojima may be trolling us there, too. Perhaps Hayter is playing Snake for the Deja Vu mission, but they're hiding it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Kojima is always trying to surprise gamers. He doesn't want anything spoiled. :)
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    For those who are old enough to remember this in the arcade, been playing this (among others) this afternoon on my emulator:

sly_spy_-_secret_agent_01.png
    2475_1.png
    ss05.png
    15630.jpg
    -17988-photo-crop-pacefe3dbef9bee02b2264afae5439c9b-sly-spy.jpg?options=eNoryywqKU3N0TU0t7SwAAAi0ARK&width=650&height=365
    Sly_spy_screenshot.png

Packed full of Bond references.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What game is that, @WillyGalore?
    Sly Spy Secret Agent
    Good God the Youtube comments section pisses me off. Been arguing with this guy who initially was complaining about AC being the same thing every year. I point out the changes they've made, particularly in the new one, and then he does a complete 180 and starts complaining about how it's too different, how they should've just made a pirate game and dropped the Assassin title.

The moral of the story: Some people just want to bitch and moan about anything that's popular, and they'll never be pleased.

Arkham Origins

I'm surprised at how similar this feels. It's been two years since Arkham City but this feels like a yearly release title. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose. Still, it's good fun. The Deathstroke fight has been the best bit so far. Never heard of him before but now I'm really hoping he's in the next film.

One thing that's annoyed me though is how scared they are to use anybody other than the Joker. Don't want to spoil anything but there's a plot twist not far in and it turns out Joker is essentially the main villain. Again. Just a bit dull really, it'd be nice if they focused on someone else for a change.

No seriously!!!!

Batman Begins is seriously becoming my favorite batman game Its just nice NOT to have to deal with the Joker
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Deathstroke fight has been the best bit so far. Never heard of him before but now I'm really hoping he's in the next film.

You want more Deathstroke, check out these things:

Animated - Teen Titans (2003-2006), Young Justice Invasion (2012-2013)
    Live Action - Arrow (2012-????)
    Comics - He's been in two different ongoing series, from 91 to 96 and 2011 to 2013
    Sly Spy Secret Agent

Definitely inspired by Timothy Dalton's Bond. ;)
    Sly_Spy_Secret_Agent.jpg
    It's probably one of those games that was supposed to be Bond until the developers were made to change it up.
    It's probably one of those games that was supposed to be Bond until the developers were made to change it up.

I just watched a playthrough of the game and I believe your right. There are bosses that resemble Jaws and Oddjob.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Murdock wrote:

I just watched a playthrough of the game and I believe your right. There are bosses that resemble Jaws and Oddjob.

I remember having it on my Spectrum 128 in 1990. It wasn't a bad conversion (I have that on my emulator also).

I don't think the game was ever intended to be developed as a Bond game as Domark held the Bond licence at that time (and presumably that prevented any arcade developers from producing an official Bond game).

Same thing had happened with Spy Hunter in 1983, another game influenced by Bond. Midway wanted to use the Bond theme. EON said no. They went with Henry Mancini's theme from Peter Gunn instead, which actually worked so much better.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    No seriously!!!!

Yep. Black Mask isn't a threat at all
    He was kidnapped before the events of the game, and Joker had been posing as him when he set the bounty on Batman. Although Joker doesn't pretend to be Black Mask for long, it doesn't take long for him to reveal himself.
  • Got a surprise when I woke up this morning because Assassins Creed 4 was on the telly. Oh and I broke my controller.

No idea what happened. Left the pub when it closed and we must've carried on drinking when we got in. Anyway after a while I must've thought it was a good idea to play Assassin's Creed 4 (which I hadn't played before, it only arrived yesterday) and eventually I just fell asleep. Sadly I also managed to spill my beer all over the gamepad, breaking it.

Anyway after I'd woken up (well, I was rudely awakened), and I'd had a shower, I connected the pro controller, and there was Edward Kenway, who I'd left dangling off a tree branch for hours on end. Restarted the game later and I'd done quite well as it happens, managed to get through almost the entire tutorial.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, I think you deserve a medal for drunk gaming, and I think Edward deserves one for insane strength and endurance. ;-)
    The game I've been waiting for! Super Mario 3D World!
    It was fantastic! The gameplay is solid, It is challenging and almost left me angry in some levels. The graphic are stunning and is loaded with a bunch of different bosses. I wasn't disappointed. Though I'm only scratching the surface. I'm about 30% done with the game even though I beat the final boss already. I can't wait to try multiplayer with this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    The game I've been waiting for! Super Mario 3D World!
    It was fantastic! The gameplay is solid, It is challenging and almost left me angry in some levels. The graphic are stunning and is loaded with a bunch of different bosses. I wasn't disappointed. Though I'm only scratching the surface. I'm about 30% done with the game even though I beat the final boss already. I can't wait to try multiplayer with this.

It's nice to hear that the game lived up to your expectations, @Murdock. Hopefully Batman Arkham Origins lives up to mine when I get it.
    I hope any game I buy lives up to my expectations, but I have been disappointed before (*cough*AC Revelations*cough*).
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Assassin's Creed 4 It's Assassin's Creed 3 meets Far Cry 3 with a bit of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 sprinkled on top.

Loved Edwards introduction to the whole Assassin/Templar conflict. Much more interesting than the whole "my family's dead, time for revenge!" plot that had become the norm since Ezio.

Anyway the opening was alright, set up the story very well. But it's when you get the ship and the world really opens up that it shines. There's so much to do and unlike AC 3, it's all very rewarding and it's all very fun. Plus it's all dynamic and gives you lots of freedom, there are tons of ways that things could pan out.

I robbed a plantation without anybody knowing I was there (could've just killed everyone), then I found a treasure map and went off to find the chest, along the way I plundered a few ships and killed a shark. Then my boat needed repairing so I stopped off at a fishing village where I took one of the assassin contracts.

This was the best experience I've had in the game so far. I had to kill two brothers (both Templars), who were in an outdoor tavern. Blended in and stabbed one of them, and went to shoot the other but I was surrounded by guards and he legged it. Threw a smoke bomb, went after him, but he made it onto his ship. He started sailing away, I could have gone to my boat to chase him, but I managed to jump off the pier onto the back of his ship without the crew realising. Then I climbed up into the rigging, undetected, and air assassinated him. Dived off the boat and swam back to the village to pick up my ship, then I moved on.

It was brilliant, and it was only a side mission. And I did all of that, and the stuff before, without a single loading screen. Fantastic stuff. This is living up to all of my expectations.
    Assassin's Creed 4. Edward is a bit like Ezio, he's a proper badass but he has character flaws too. Connor also fits into this category but he wasn't as charismatic as Ezio or Edward.

What I think makes Edward even better than Ezio though is he's much more relatable (to me, anyway). I could relate to Ezio when his family got murdered (my mum died when I was quite young) but he was a wealthy Italian nobleman before that and he was driven by revenge.

Edward is a normal bloke who has simple tastes (money, booze, women), so I found it easier to relate to him straight away. The reason he ended up as a pirate was because he wanted a better life (before that he was living in a shit house while working on a farm), I could relate to that. Also he's Welsh (Swansea to be exact, which is where I live), which is quite cool.

It's fantastic and so far there are only two flaws I can think of. 1) The hunting system. While crafting is a brilliant addition it's really been dumbed down since Assassin's Creed 3. You can't track animals by following clues, you can't use bait or snares. Instead it's more along the lines of Red Dead Redemption: you go to an area where animals spawn and wander about a bit until one pops up (although I think there were snares in Red Dead, can't really remember). Disappointing.

2) The main story missions. The story is interesting enough and it's carried by a great lead character but the missions are a bit dull, especially compared to the open world stuff. The main assassination missions are good though (although I've only played the first one).

Oh, and not really a flaw, but as Edward's a pirate, now would've been a perfect time to bring back the hook blade from Revelations.

• Played Call of Duty: Ghosts, and it was bloody fun !!! Nothing particularly ground-breaking, but I am sure happy to purchase it, lots and lots of replay value.

I can understand the criticisms, but I enjoy for what it is.

Lara Croft & The Guardian Of Light

Downloaded this earlier this afternoon. Why did I not do this a long time ago? It's a bloody wonderful game. May just be the best Tomb Raider game I've played. And a bargain for a tenner. Could so easily have been released as a full price game. Completed the first couple of levels. I'll crack on with it later tonight.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The series would be far better to adapt the 'Lara Croft &' tag for the it's games. It could boost sales and is far more catchy in my opinion. Good game by the way, too.
    I thought the "Lara Croft &" title was for a sub series within Tomb Raider.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Metal gear solid fans may find this interesting

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=10610#more-10610
    Kojima cried during Adele's "Skyfall". Can't see how.
    I've never played a Metal Gear game before but the idea of a hero who listens to Bond themes on his walkman while he goes around breaking into places and killing people intrigues me.
    Kojima cried during Adele's "Skyfall". Can't see how.

Daniel Craig did too apparently. They're both wimps :P
    Daniel Craig did too apparently. They're both wimps :P

You know what? Maybe they're just in touch with their emotional side? ;)
    I'm in touch with my emotions as well, and "Skyfall" doesn't make me cry. Oh well, to each his own.
    Thanksgiving I played 3 games

Doom 2 because it's fun
    Grand Theft Auto vice city stories fugitive style (get four cops after you and then you keep running till caught or killed)
    And before I went to bed Quantum Of Solace for the ps2 I loved it.
    I have every single one of those. I did play Doom 2 recently. It never gets old.