Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

I have been playing a lot of Batman Begins for ps2 I might start replaying Quantum of Solace for ps2 as well with my 360 out of commission been enjoying a lot of older games.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've been getting into BF4, though I'm flat out terrible at it. Can't do well, we rarely win, it's a bit of a downer. It's just a shame that the game has been out for two and a half weeks and the bigger problems still haven't been patched.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Going old school tonight on my emulators. Spy Hunter, Elevator Action, MotoraceUSA, Operation Wolf to name just a few.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Going old school tonight on my emulators. Spy Hunter, Elevator Action, MotoraceUSA, Operation Wolf to name just a few.

A classic. B-)

I've been re-playing Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3). A fantasic game, if only we could slip behind the wheel of the Batmobile.

A classic. B-)

I've been re-playing Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3). A fantasic game, if only we could slip behind the wheel of the Batmobile.

My buddy and I thought it would be great to have an open-world Batman game that's co-op, along with the ability to cruise around in the Batmobile and whatnot.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

A classic. B-)

My buddy and I thought it would be great to have an open-world Batman game that's co-op, along with the ability to cruise around in the Batmobile and whatnot.

Precisely. And think of all the Batmobile designs over the years. Plenty of unlockables, there. Like the character pages in Arkham Asylum (which include Batman villains that I had never heard of, such as Julian Day/Calendar Man), there can be similar pages for each Batmobile.
    Creasy47 wrote:

A classic. B-)

Precisely. And think of all the Batmobile designs over the years. Plenty of unlockables, there. Like the character pages in Arkham Asylum (which include Batman villains that I had never heard of, such as Julian Day/Calendar Man), there can be similar pages for each Batmobile.

Hopefully, if Rocksteady are to produce the next Batman game, they'll incorporate these ideas. There's nothing substantial in Arkham Origins that makes me yearn to play it just yet.
    I only knew Calendar Man because of 'Arkham Asylum,' along with The Great White Shark, who seems like one awesome villain.

Just imagine a sprawling Gotham City, and you can fly or drive around in all of Batman's vehicles. Drive back to the Batcave, check out what you can customize or all of your gadgets, walk through the manor, etc. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

@WillyGalore, I haven't picked up 'Arkham Origins,' and I doubt I will. It just doesn't really stand out or get me interested. Maybe one day down the road.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    @Creasy I may be cynical about this but it almost feels like an exapansion of Arkham City as opposed to a brand new game. I quite imagine that's why Rocksteady end up making it. WB probably wanted a new game out this year, RS wanted time to develop something fresh and therefore WB Montreal were brought in to do this game.
    Arkham Origins, might be a good game, I don't know. But I didn't enjoy Arkham City. So i'm hesitant about Arkham Origins. Maybe in the post Christmas sales, I might buy it and see for myself.
    I know it's just an addition to the game, but I usually get wary about a game that tacks on MP/MP achievements, like it's being forced down your throat if you're a completionist, which I tend to be in games. I guess it's something I have to get over, it seems like every game that starts out solely as a SP game turns into this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    For those that were interested in Calendar Man, check out the graphic novel Batman: The Long Halloween and the follow-up, Dark Victory, a.k.a the comics that made Calendar Man cool. Jeph Loeb is a brilliant writer, especially for Batman's inner-monologue, and Tim Sale is one of my favorite artists. Well worth checking out if you want a noir like murder mystery set in Gotham, with Batman as the lead detective.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I have been playing a lot of Batman Begins for ps2 I might start replaying Quantum of Solace for ps2 as well with my 360 out of commission been enjoying a lot of older games.

That's awesome, @Risico007! Batman Begins is one of my favorite Batman games (I have the Game Cube edition), behind the Rocksteady efforts. I love how you use the fear of your enemies against them, rig the environment to cause disruptions that shake them up, and the great combat system you use to pummel them with justice. It is such an underrated game with fantastic level designs and mechanics that I still go back to every once in a while to relive my childhood love of it. Just listening to some of the clever dialogue that the criminals say in their conversations is exemplary, and shows how much thought was put into the game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The stupidly named Batman villain that should somehow be made cool is Condiment King.
    The stupidly named Batman villain that should somehow be made cool is Condiment King.

Oh. You're being serious. I thought that was a joke, and to my surprise, I found out that is, in fact, a real villain. Wow.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, everybody thought Calender Man was the worst, then came the Condiment King. He's real, he's a villain, he's stupidly named.
    Yeah, everybody thought Calender Man was the worst, then came the Condiment King. He's real, he's a villain, he's stupidly named.

So he...like...he uses ketchup? I just...hmm.
    I can see it now: "Everyone laughed at the Condiment King... Everyone... Well, now I've sprayed ketchup and mayonaise all over your corpses, WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!"

But, onto topic, I just spent 45 minutes in blood-stained nostalgia, I played Twisted Metal 2 again for the first time in years. And I beat it. Again, for the first time in years.
    Did anybody pick up a ps4? ill have to wait two weeks until a European release..Anticipation is killing me!
    karl007 wrote:
    Did anybody pick up a ps4? ill have to wait two weeks until a European release..Anticipation is killing me!

I haven't seen anyone on here talk about it, but if you want to see something painful, check out the link I posted (should be the most recent post) in the 'Coming Soon To Consoles' thread. A guy bought a PS4, waited in line all night, got it, went by the line of people waiting (some were actually turned away because they sold out and didn't have any non-reserve systems left) and he opened it up and smashed it into a bunch of pieces in front of everyone.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    New Super Mario Bros U. It's nothing really new. Sadly the 2D Mario games have gotten really stale and cookie cutter. 5/10. It's the 007 Legends of Mario Games.
    Murdock wrote:
    New Super Mario Bros U. It's nothing really new. Sadly the 2D Mario games have gotten really stale and cookie cutter. 5/10. It's the 007 Legends of Mario Games.

Isn't that the game you were really anticipating getting?
    edited November 2013 Posts: 16,331
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Isn't that the game you were really anticipating getting?

No that's Super Mario 3D World. :D

I got a Wii U the other day and it came with the console. SM3DW doesn't come out for another week.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    karl007 wrote:

I haven't seen anyone on here talk about it, but if you want to see something painful, check out the link I posted (should be the most recent post) in the 'Coming Soon To Consoles' thread. A guy bought a PS4, waited in line all night, got it, went by the line of people waiting (some were actually turned away because they sold out and didn't have any non-reserve systems left) and he opened it up and smashed it into a bunch of pieces in front of everyone.

My god some people have more money than sense..thanks for the thread link ill be sure to check it out now.
    @karl007, enjoy the torture and agony. I don't even want a next-gen system, but what would've been a much better video is if he walked out and just gave it to someone who stood in line all night and was denied a console. Nope, gotta be "cool" and "edgy" these days. Pathetic.

@Murdock, that's good, though, at least the game you've really been anticipating isn't an extreme let down (*cough* 'Battlefield 4' *cough*).
    @Creasy47 yeah. In recent years 2D Mario games have been lackluster and not very innovative. SM3DW on the other hand, is doing something Mario games have needed in the last 10 years. It's pulling out all the stops. It has classic platforming action, while having 5 different playable characters. (6 if you count special bonus challenge levels.) This is the step in the right direction in the Mario franchise. I am dying to play this game. Luckily I have Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD to play while I wait.
    I think the last Mario related game I played was 'Mario Kart 64' at my friend's place in Maine a few years back. Didn't realize how much BS that game dished out as a kid until I returned to it in my 20's. Unbelievable. Still, that game was so fun and never got boring to me. Then of course, you have the SNES classics that can't be topped.
    Indeed. Mario Games have been hit and miss in recent years, But there is something for everyone. Super Mario 64 was the first videogame I ever played so Mario games have a special place in my heart. I know many people dislike it, but Super Mario Bros 2 is my favorite NES/SNES game for the original Mario titles.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 40,490
    I could spend hours with a NES/SNES and some Donkey Kong/Mario. Those were the days. I remember the enjoyment I got when I'd finally beat a tough boss or a tough area.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I could spend hours with a NES/SNES and some Donkey Kong/Mario. Those were the days. I remember the enjoyment I got when I'd finally beat a tough boss or a tough area.

I've got those on my PC. Been playing Mario Kart and Goldeneye on my N64 emulator ;-)
    ...@WillyGalore, I'm so jealous. What I would give to play GE '64 again.