Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    As long as Big Boss shouts "Dammit" a lot, I can go on assuming I'm playing as Jack Bauer in the ultimate 24/Metal Gear crossover fanfiction.

Unless... Big Boss's first name is Jack (well, John, but Jack is his nickname), perhaps he always was Jack Bauer, and they'll finally reveal his name in MGSV.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    doubleoego wrote:
    Blacklist is a great game, although I still think chaos theory is the best SC game in the series. As for lack if ironside, that didn't bother me too much as Fisher's character model looks different so it's a loss that's easy to swallow. Now, Sutherland voicing BB is going to take some serious getting used to.

Given the reception, it's sort of the OHMSS of the SC series. It's Fisher, just not the one we're used to. As for the best SC game, for me, it's Pandora Tomorrow.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The first SC was excellent. I really loved that one. 'Blacklist' wasn't too bad, I had a lot of fun with it. The MP wasn't as great as I thought it would be, though, unfortunately. Now that I'm getting close to finishing GTA V, I need to find something else to play before the XB1 releases.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Now that I'm getting close to finishing GTA V, I need to find something else to play before the XB1 releases.
    May I make a suggestion?

Batman_Arkham_Origins.jpg

B-)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I loved 'Arkham Asylum,' thought 'Arkham City' was mediocre, and I don't have the cash to shell out for another $60 game right now, especially one I'm on the fence about. Perhaps later in the future. Plus, why is there MP in the game? I never once felt like it needed it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's pretty interesting, because I thought it was the other way around. I had to struggle through Arkham Asylum, and in the end never beat it, but I'm having a blast in Arkham City.

And multiplayer is in the game because COD fans have decided that all games need multiplayer.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I adore City as well. The last two hours are some of the most epic and intense I have spent playing a game. For a Batman fan, it is the greatest gift imaginable. I would wager that Rocksteady and co. are one the greatest things to have happened to Batman since Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and Nolan all got their hands on the character. They all have a lot to be proud of.

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I prefer Arkham City as well.. Can't wait for the new Batman game, finally something to play.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I agree with @Creasy47. I had much more fun in Arkham Asylum. The multi-player forced onto Arkham City wasn't needed and dragged the game down (not to mention that Arkham City underuses it's villains to the point where there was no point them them being in the game).
    I agree with @Creasy47. I had much more fun in Arkham Asylum. The multi-player forced onto Arkham City wasn't needed and dragged the game down (not to mention that Arkham City underuses it's villains to the point where there was no point them them being in the game).
    City didn't have multiplayer...
    :-/
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Sorry @MajorDSmythe but @0Brady is correct, Arkham City didn't even have a multiplayer so I don't know where you get the whole "dragging the game down" from!

I've been so looking forward to Arkham Origins but I've only just realised that the game has been made by WB Montreal and not Rocksteady. What the hell? My enthusiasm has dropped slightly now. There's a lot to live up to from the previous games.
    For someone who loves Batman so much, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, how do you think WB will handle 'Arkham Origins' now that Rocksteady isn't doing it? Any worries or concerns?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I love both Arkham games. Asylum was brilliant, a first of its kind, original and very mature. A game I cherish. But I like City too, even if I finished the main story several days ago and am now working my way through all the remaining trophies, challenges and whatnot. Still, I've been a Batman fan since the early 80s, reading several meters of Batman comics and watching the live action and animated films on a regular basis.

The new game is number 1 on my wish-list. ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Super Mario 64. However not the version many of know and love. I played a fan made mod of it called Super Mario: Star Road. It looks and feels like an entirely new game.
    Sorry, I meant DLC, not multiplayer. #-o My PS3 isn't hooked up to the PSN, so all those DLC challenges (?'s) were pointless to me. A criticism that can be levelled at many other games, but my point about the villains still stands and City just wasn't as enjoyable as Asylum for me.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I've been so looking forward to Arkham Origins but I've only just realised that the game has been made by WB Montreal and not Rocksteady. What the hell? My enthusiasm has dropped slightly now. There's a lot to live up to from the previous games.

That's how I felt at first, but after watching interview after interview and gameplay session after gameplay session, I am at ease. I think Rocksteady left this prequel in sturdy hands, with a developer who not only kept all the original mechanics that made the games a hit, but also expanded on some interesting aspects of the game as well, like random crime events that will pop up in the city, the ability for enemies to counter your counters, all the new gadgets we can use, and places like the Batcave we will finally be able to see in full. As a Batman fan, I am very, very excited, and don't think I'll be let down.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    For someone who loves Batman so much, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, how do you think WB will handle 'Arkham Origins' now that Rocksteady isn't doing it? Any worries or concerns?

As I said to @WillyGalore, I had my reservations at the start, but as we finally got trailers, gameplay, and more in-depth interviews on the game, I grew less concerned. I have loved everything I have seen from the game, especially the new innovations that WB Montreal are making in the game now that they have their hands on it. It looks and feels just like Asylum and City, so much so that you wouldn't be able to tell that Rocksteady weren't developing it. To make things even better, the developers haven't gone and changed mechanics just to change them, and instead kept what worked, and have hopefully worked to fix what didn't, though these Batman games are near perfect anyway. All in all, I am super hyped for sure, as I am a sucker for anything Batman, as long as the character is done right and by those that are passionate about him and his world.
    Sorry, I meant DLC, not multiplayer. #-o My PS3 isn't hooked up to the PSN, so all those DLC challenges (?'s) were pointless to me. A criticism that can be levelled at many other games, but my point about the villains still stands and City just wasn't as enjoyable as Asylum for me.

You think the DLC dragged it down? I love that stuff. The DLC packs are actually one of my favorite things that Rocksteady incorporated into their marketing of the game, and quite smartly I might add. To spend my growing years Batman obsessed, and then to finally have a chance to play as the Batman from The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond and more, I can't complain in the slightest. The DLC is actually very special, formed by people passionate about the character's history, and it adds so much more replay value to the game because of all the challenge modes and maps that release through downloadable content.

After hearing about some of the DLC planned for Arkham Origins, I am close to exploding into confetti. In addition to a slew of great new skins including the Adam West and Long Halloween Batman (worth it already), one of my biggest gaming dreams has finally come true. I have spent years talking with my best friend (who is also Batman obsessed) about how cool it would be to play as Bruce when he was getting his training to become Batman in the mountains, and just guess what recently got announced?!

http://vr-zone.com/articles/batman-arkham-origins-initiation-dlc-will-focus-bruce-waynes-early-training/58439.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=batman-arkham-origins-initiation-dlc-will-focus-bruce-waynes-early-training

It is like WB Montreal crept into my dreams and made it all come true. DLC like this is what it's all about! I loved training as Bruce in the brilliant Batman Begins tie in game from a long time ago, and can't wait to do it in the Arkham-verse!
  • I think Arkham Asylum had a better story but Arkham City had better gameplay and was more fun overall.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Zelda Wind Waker HD

This game has aged so well.

First of all, it looks brilliant. This is the best looking game ever, it's so colourful and stylish. When I first played it (which was on the Wii, I had a ps2 when the gamecube was out), I didn't like the look of the cartoony art style, but it's grown on me since then and it looks glorious in HD.

The combat is as brilliant as ever, (although I'm going to miss the motion controls), and sailing around exploring gives you an amazing sense of adventure.

Didn't play it for that long but I can already tell it's a 10/10. My favourite game of the year so far. This has been a fantastic year for games. Saints Row, GTA, FIFA and now this, with Assassin's Creed, South Park and Batman out soon.
    'Rainbow Six: Vegas'

I used to be a massive fan of this back when it first came out. Played the MP so much, hit the highest rank, even joined a clan and was #1 in the clan leaderboards for a long while. Time went by, I went through a console switch, and when this game was free for Xbox Live Gold, I instantly downloaded it. Just beat the game on Realistic - wasn't as hard as the first time around - and am going through Terrorist Hunt now. The game really hasn't aged too well, with games like BF and CoD kind of ruining the slower paced gameplay for me. Don't get me wrong, the cover mechanics and gunplay are entertaining, but moving so slow and having such wonky accuracy when ADS really throws me off. Still, it's entertaining to come back and experience some nostalgia from this.
  • Could someone with Forza 4 help me out please. I lost all my cars and levels. Could someone, who maybe doesn't play it anymore gift me some cars? I'm a huge Aston Martin fan, by the way. :)
    Went back to one of my pleasures today, Lego Star Wars on the PS2. I own all four Lego Star Wars games, and I wouldn't if I hadn't decided to grab a copy of the first one at Gamestop less than two months after it came out, and already down to $20.
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Could someone with Forza 4 help me out please. I lost all my cars and levels. Could someone, who maybe doesn't play it anymore gift me some cars? I'm a huge Aston Martin fan, by the way. :)

If I had it, I would. Played so much Forza 3, didn't have the effort to go through and play the fourth. I have the fifth one reserved on the XB1, happy to see the DB5 will be one of the available cars.
    Has anyone played any good PC RTS games? Been looking into them all evening, but I have a Mac, so my options are limited. Thinking about getting a good mouse for my MacBook Pro and trying out either 'Napoleon: Total War' or 'Company of Heroes.'
    Being a Star Wars fan, I've always loved Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, and I'm quite certain there's either a Mac version or that my copy actually is usable on Mac. The game's a blatant rip-off of Age of Empires, but that never stopped it from being fun.
    Being a Star Wars fan, I've always loved Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, and I'm quite certain there's either a Mac version or that my copy actually is usable on Mac. The game's a blatant rip-off of Age of Empires, but that never stopped it from being fun.

This. So much. SWGB is my favourite RTS ever.
    Thanks, I might have to give it a shot. My buddy might have a mouse for me to use, but either way, I'd like to make a move and buy something to play on the Mac.

This. So much. SWGB is my favourite RTS ever.

Can't remember where I bought it from, but I snagged the Galactic Battlegrounds Saga version, that has both the game and the Clone Campaigns expansion pack.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Downloaded this earlier from the PSN store. Had this on the GameBoy in the late 80's I think it was. Oh, happy days :-)

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Batman Arkham origins....batman is at his most badass in this game and with that said, Deathstroke just beat my ass like a government mule!
    'Jericho'

Felt like going back and playing some older 360 games before I got rid of it for my XB1, and wow, for only $4.50, this is an absolute steal. With a mixture of some entertaining team play and really creepy monsters (thanks to Clive Barker), this is one heavily addictive ride so far. It's simplistic, it's fun, it was worth every penny.