"Just cutting off your earlobes doesn't make you a count." Your Bond 23 Title

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DarthDimi, 'A Moment's Eclipse' sounds really good. I wish some of the videogame titles could be used. 'Everything Or Nothing', 'Agent Under Fire', and 'Nightfire' would be excellent. 'Risico' would be very good, too.
  • A Conspiracy of Trust
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    'For Queen and Country', 'Quantum Disbanded'(for Bond 24), 'Blood Bond', 'Take No Prisoners', 'Recourse For Revenge'(If M dies in Bond 23), 'Defense of the Ministry'. That's all I have for now. Any thoughts or further suggestions?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    "Death Leaves An Echo" was the (unused) alternative title for the FYEO story. Sounds good to me!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Straight from QoS: 'The Dead Don't Care About Vengeance'(possible for Bond 24).
    My huch is that it won't have any title taken from the novels.
  • I quite fancy a simple name for a movie. Maybe just call it

Bond

I know it probably seems a bit rubbish but I think it could be quite effective.
  • I quite fancy a simple name for a movie. Maybe just call it

Bond

On that note, weren't there early rumors when the first QOS teaser poster came out that the film would just be called "007"?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I quite fancy a simple name for a movie. Maybe just call it

Bond

On that note, weren't there early rumors when the first QOS teaser poster came out that the film would just be called "007"?
    Yes.

I believe some people thought it may well be called that, I seem to remember quite a debate about it.

For what it's worth I still see one of the three remaining Fleming titles being used.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    At this point, anything Fleming related would go over well for me. If I had to choose, I would pick Risico, then POAL, then THR.
  • Death Leaves a Echo
  • Am I the only one who liked "The Red Sky at Night" as a title? Very Flemingesque IMO.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The Red Sky at Night ... meh, I don't know. It sounds like a chapter in a Fleming book, but not really the title for a film. Sorry friend. ;;)
    Love death leaves a echo

How about "hell will endure" a chapter title form silverfin.
    I'd like to see the title originate from Fleming. I'd really prefer Risico, easy and fresh, good to follow Quantum of Solace.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    Everything Or Nothing
    Easy and Fresh
    "Bloodstone"
    The Hand That feeds You
    I do like Bloodstone as well.

I can just see the trailer turning OO7 into the OOD in Bloodstone and filling in the other letters.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    'Evil Among Us'
    'Silver Sky'
    'Under The Sign Of Death'
    'Night Of The Sun'
    'Crystal Conspiracy'
    "Their Violent Souls"

"An Original Treason"

"The Hollow Man"

"A Tremor of Fate"

"The Shining Darkness"

And finally:

"Oleander, Lily, Lily, Rose"

This last one might need a bit of explanation. Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose is a paiting by John Singer Sargent (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/John_Singer_Sargent_-_Carnation_Lily_Lily_Rose.jpg). The Oleander plant, however, is a highly-toxic flower in its own right (lillies are poisonous, but only to cats). So Oleander, Lily, Lily, Rose would be a beautiful but poisonous flower hidden among others, perhaps an analogy to a woman Bond must find.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I really like Everything or Nothing, if it's Craig's last film and it ends the Quantum storyline.
    Except that it's the name of a video game, and therefore won't be used.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Moonraker was the name of a novel, and was used as a film's title...

edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Hopefully we'll have some news of a title in the coming 4th QT of 2011.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 5,980
    Except that it's the name of Fleming's retreat and a previous TV movie and therefore won't be used...

Except that the phrase was mentioned in OHMSS and therefore won't be used...

You never know.
    Flemings retreat was Goldeneye @echo.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Flemings retreat was Goldeneye @echo.
    He didn't say otherwise. He was speaking of Goldeneye in his first sentence.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    The Property Of A Lady or Risico would make me happy.
    Moonraker was the name of a novel, and was used as a film's title...
    MOONRAKER was a novel written by Ian Fleming. It was a part of the established canon. While EVERYTHING OR NOTHING is a part of the canon, it was not written by Fleming. If EON have never used the title of a continuation novel for a film, why would they suddenly start using the titles of video games?
    edited August 2011 Posts: 5,980
    If EON have never used the title of a continuation novel for a film, why would they suddenly start using the titles of video games?
    Ego. The continuation book titles are ultimately decided by Glidrose. But EON Productions is Cubby's baby.

And for whatever reason, the producers seem to have disdain for the continuation novel titles. I mean, "Colonel Moon" instead of "Colonel Sun" in DAD? Actually, Colonel Sun would have been a much better title than DAD. Ditto "Licence Renewed/Revoked" instead of "Licence to Kill."

They're going to run out of Fleming titles very soon and will have to look elsewhere, unless they start going to his chapter titles or alternate titles--The Undertaker's Wind and all that.
    Ego. The continuation book titles are ultimately decided by Glidrose. But EON Productions is Cubby's baby.
    I'm still not seeing your point. The novel titles are not decided by EON, but nor are the video game titles. They've never done it before, so I see no reason why they'd suddenly start doing it. Especially since none of the content of EVERYTHING OR NOTHING (the game) will ever be adapted to film.
    I mean, "Colonel Moon" instead of "Colonel Sun" in DAD?
    You're just assuming that because they have thematically-related names.
    Actually, Colonel Sun would have been a much better title than DAD.
    No, it wouldn't. It probably would have ruined one of the few things the film had going for it. DAD was poorly crafted, but one of the subplots that was actually a high point of the film was the ultimate identity of Gustav Graves - Colonel Tan-Sun Moon. One of the big giveaways in Hollywood comes when a big-name actor plays the villain and dies in the first fifteen minutes, but you know he's somehow survived because he has a high billing. DAD worked because they found a way to kill Moon off and then bring him back (even if it was a little ridiculous), making his survival a surprise.

Renaming the character "Colonel Sun" and then naming the film after him would ruin whatever mystery was built up because Colonel Sun would die in PTS of a film named for him.
    They're going to run out of Fleming titles very soon and will have to look elsewhere, unless they start going to his chapter titles or alternate titles--The Undertaker's Wind and all that.
    True, but nowhere is it written that they have to use titles from continuation novels and video games.
This discussion has been closed.