"Just cutting off your earlobes doesn't make you a count." Your Bond 23 Title

edited August 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 1,856
Well do i need to say anything more

It Can Be Original (Made up by you) or a Fleming Book Not yet used

OKAY HIT IT

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    From Bond 23 - Bond 25 (all with Craig) I'd like The Property Of A Lady, Risico and The Hildebrand Rarity in any order. I honestly think there's a strong chance of one of those for Bond 23 at least - we'll find out in November!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,699
    For me, it should definitely be Risico.

I could live with The Property Of A Lady - although it does sound like a Mills and Boon title. The Hildebrand Rarity, well, just sounds a bit odd for a Bond film title; however, it may well be used one day, I guess...
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Risico
    o
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Flemming
    Fleming just turned in his grave. :-D
    Flemming
    What are you talking about?

:^o Ha ha ha

OKAY HIT IT
    I kind of like this one...

:-))
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    For me, it should definitely be Risico.

I could live with The Property Of A Lady - although it does sound like a Mills and Boon title. The Hildebrand Rarity, well, just sounds a bit odd for a Bond film title; however, it may well be used one day, I guess...
    In order of preference I would rank the remaining titles:

1. The Property Of A Lady
    2. Risico
    3. The Hildebrand Rarity

So I'd say definitely The Property Of A Lady. To me, it sounds more like a Bond title than anything else.
    Back onto topic please
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Flemming
    What are you talking about?
    That a Bond fan would misspell Fleming's name...
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    edited May 2011 Posts: 257
    Drop the 'the' - I think Property Of A Lady would make a great title for "Bond 23", not only is it a very Bondian Fleming title but it also highlights Bond and Vesper's relationship that would continue to be a part of Bond's mind. Risico could work too; The Hildebrand Rarity sounds like it would be a better fit for Poirot than Bond.

I also like the idea of some Fleming chapter titles as potential film titles:

(The) Nature Of Evil - CR
    Dead Reckoning - MR
    Killing Ground - DN
    (The) Shadower - TB
    (The) Death Collector - YOLT

I also think "Shatterhand" could be used as well as both a potential villain name and a title....

Sounds better to me than the poor attempts at Flemingesque titles "Never Say Never Again" or "Tomorrow Never Dies."
    Considering what I saw take place in "QOS", how about calling Bond 23 "The Bourne Ripoff"?! :p
    I have a few ideas of my own:

Forever In Secret
    The True Assassin
    The Trouble In London
    Never Too Careful
    The Truth About Death
    Submit or Die
    The Violent Affair
    Considering what I saw take place in "QOS", how about calling Bond 23 "The Bourne Ripoff"?! :p
    "The Bond Supremacy" perhaps?
    The Hildebrand Rarity.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The best title has been tossed away on a game - Everything Or Nothing
  • The best title has been tossed away on a game - Everything Or Nothing
    How very right you are..... would have been a perfect anniversary title....
    Hard to live,easy to die
    - Dreadnought
    - Death is an Option
    - A Whisper of Hate
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2011 Posts: 4,437
    Bond 23:
    Propety Of A Lady
    Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Bond 24:
    007 in New York

Another one i consider for Bond 24 be ''Never Send Flowers'' but on the moment ''007 in New York'' be my title choose. Another one consider be ''Even dead care about us'' or ''Dead Even Care about us''. I believe that one of those 2 last one be said in earlier Bond movie.

Bond 25:
    The Hildebrand Rarity

The work title of those 3 movies together: The Living Tree.

CRY HAVOC

Taken from one of Shakespeare's historical epics (I can't remember which one, but I suspect it might be one of the HENRY or RICHARD episodes). "Cry havoc" was a battle call in the Middle Ages - the full line from the play is "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!" - which basically equated to "At my signal, unleash hell!".

SLOUCHING TOWARDS BETHLEHEM

Lifted from W.B. Yeats' THE SECOND COMING. It's a difficult poem to interpret, but the final line is "And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?" and is a warning of sorts, a caution that humanity's time is near - even if it is unprepared. In fact, THE SECOND COMING has plenty of great lines that could serves as titles: "Slouching Towards Bethlehem", "The Widening Gyre", "Pitiless as the Sun", "The Blood-Dimmed Tide", and even "The Best Lack All Conviction".

A THRONE OF BAYONETS

This was something Boris Yeltsin said after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the failed coup back in 1991. It's pretty self-explanatory; the full quote is "You can build a throne of bayonets, but you cannot sit on it for long". The problem is that it does sound like a title you could expect to find in THE WHEEL OF TIME or A SONG OF FIRE AND ICE or some other fantasy series.

THE DEVIL'S ENTOURAGE

I really like this one. It's not taken from any particular source; it was just something I came up with. I was playing around with THE DEVIL'S REFUGEE as a title when I realised it was taken from an Oasis song. Then I somehow wound up with the word "entourage", probably because a friend of mine was right into the series of the same name. I wound up working the two together and got THE DEVIL'S ENTOURAGE, which I think is a really strong name; complex enough for a Bond film, but not isolationist the way QUANTUM OF SOLACE was (although EON repeatedly explained it at the press conference where it was unveiled, the press largely chose to ignore them for the sake of more stories about how odd the title was).
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    Bond 23:
    Propety Of A Lady
    Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is already the title of a hilarious film starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    'The World's A Target'
    'For A Royal Task'
    'For Unlicensed Can Kill'
    'Calm Under Naked Temerity'

...okay I admit I just want a title that we can all snigger at when we use the acronym on this forum.' :)
    @saunders

Grow Up
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 117
    Death Leaves An Echo.
    The Killing Ground.
    No Place Like Hell.
    Sleep When I'm Dead.
    Risico.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 562
    Sleep When I'm Dead
    Starring Clive Owen, Malcolm McDowell, and Johnathan Rhys Meyers...

Property of a lady
    (without the: 'The' at the beginning, sounds meaner :P)
    When making a Bond title, i think it has to have a certain 'feel' and sense to it, that most films cannot carry out, like Quantum of Solace had a really unusual and mysterious name, while things like Tommorow Never Dies and Live and Let Die have a strong, well-known-saying feel to them. We don't want something like 'With wind, comes a breeze' (randomly just made-up), because it doesn't sound like a 'Bond' film, if you know what i mean.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 1,856
    All Right I'm Going to raise the stakes you can now use
    * An Original Title
    *a Non-Used Fleming Title ((From) A View To A Kill doesn't count)
    * The John Gardner Continuation
    * Any book commissioned by the Ian Fleming Foundation EXCEPT the Young Bond Books

or

Chimera

or

The Enemy Within
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    One word titles I think work very well, so of course Chimera is quite good. Shatterhand is ideal though, I'd love that used after the remaining Fleming titles.
    Shatterhand keeps coming back to me just like TPOAL - I'm with you 001 - let's shatter someone's hand.
This discussion has been closed.