New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• Ah Saunders - you had to bring up Die Another Day. Hmmmm, do I dislike it as much as AVTAK. It's close run, but to be fair DAD has got a fairly decent pre-credits sequence and Halle Berry in a bikini. And Rosamund Pike. And not Grace Jones :)
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Presto wrote:
    Ah Saunders - you had to bring up Die Another Day. Hmmmm, do I dislike it as much as AVTAK. It's close run, but to be fair DAD has got a fairly decent pre-credits sequence and Halle Berry in a bikini. And Rosamund Pike. And not Grace Jones :)

But it's also got Halle Berry not in a bikini ;-)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Presto wrote:
    to be fair DAD has got a fairly decent pre-credits sequence and Halle Berry in a bikini. And Rosamund Pike. And not Grace Jones :)

I like you already, Presto! =D>
  • It would be appreciated if you were only making a short visit @JamesBond0074

Please don't spam the forum pages with nonsense, if you can help it
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Ignore, Flag, Move on.

I think he will, Baltimore.
  • New member here.
    I'm 24 and I've been a Bond aficionado since I was about 12 or 13 years old. I had Goldeneye 007, the game, on the N64, and I was curious to know who this James Bond guy was, (fictional of course), and now, I have all 23 (official) movies and love all of them, (more than others) and all 6 actors to have held the PPK. I don't rank them.
    On that, I kinda wish to be the next James Bond myself, he he he. I suppose everyone on here has said that, though regardless of Bond or no Bond, I do wish to be an professional actor myself, so maybe a very slight chance, if I look the part that is.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hi, boys and girls and others. I am Thunderfinger.
    That is not my real name, though. I used to be active on CBn a few years ago, but my wife got sick from cancer, and so I had other things on my mind. She sadly passed away a couple of years ago. Now I reckon it is time to have some Bond related fun again.
    I checked out Cbn, but hardly know anyone there anymore, so I will try a new start over here. I have been reading alot of the discussions here for some time, and it seems like a fun place with some really nice and smartass posters.
    Hope we will get along. Cheers.
  • Welcome @megaluke007 and @Thunderfinger. Hope you enjoy the forum :-)
    Thanx, Willy. Enjoying it already.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A big welcome from me to both of you. It's great to have you with us!
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Hi, boys and girls and others. I am Thunderfinger.
    That is not my real name, though. I used to be active on CBn a few years ago, but my wife got sick from cancer, and so I had other things on my mind. She sadly passed away a couple of years ago. Now I reckon it is time to have some Bond related fun again.
    I checked out Cbn, but hardly know anyone there anymore, so I will try a new start over here. I have been reading alot of the discussions here for some time, and it seems like a fun place with some really nice and smartass posters.
    Hope we will get along. Cheers.

My sincere condolences @Thunderfinger, I lost my wife 2 years ago to a heart attack and am raising our children alone. I know what you've gone through, please feel free to know I'll be here if you ever need to talk. I moderate the "Original Fans" thread so feel free to join our little party, we welcome everyone to our discussions!

Warm regards,

Sir Henry

I appreciate that, Henry. I am sorry for your loss as well. I too have a child to raise on my own.
    As for the Originals thread, I have read much of it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I do not qualify as an original myself, but will sure continue to visit.
    It might be fun if some of the teenagers here created a similar thread, their perspective would be interesting to hear of in a single thread as well.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    That's a very kind gesture, Sir Henry. Sorry to hear of both of your losses. This is the sort of community spirit that makes MI6 Community what it is.

--Dragonpol.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Warm welcome to both @megaluke007 and @Thunderfinger , you both sound like great additions to the MI6 Community.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Welcome to the new faces around. May you find something to enjoy in every thread.
  • Hello everyone!

Long time lurker finally de-lurking. My name is Krissy and I'm a Photographer from Toronto, Canada. I've been a Bond Fan for 15 years. I have a golden 007 "Room" with toys and posters (including a Goldfinger 4-sheet from Italy and a Man With The Golden Gun USA 1-sheet).
    I'm young (Mid 20's), but I gravitate to the Bonds of the 60s, 70s and 80s. Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton are tied for 1st for me, which is probably a little unusual to consider two VERY different Bonds your favourite. I like Roger because he's erudite, affable and witty. I like Timothy because he's pensive, intense and a little rebellious. Connery was my first Bond, so of course he's special to me, too. Craig, Brosnan and even Lazenby have their great points! I'm a very easy-going Bond fan (although don't mistake that for lack of conviction. I'm quite opinionated!)

My first Bond film was Thunderball, but my favourites are The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only. Although I still ADORE Thunderball. I'm fond of the novels, too! On Her Majesty's Secret Service is probably my favourite.

The username is from the car, obviously. Although I'm using the Red version from FYEO as my profile simply because it doesn't get nearly as much love as the Submarine. Lotus just also happens to be my favourite make of car. Emma Peel drove a Lotus Elan, too!

Looking forward to talking shop with everyone!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very warm welcome to our newest members! Wonderful to have you, jump into the discussions as soon as you can.
    Warm welcomes to our newest recruits :)
  • timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama
    Well not exactly a new member as I was a member of the old Keeping The British End Up forum. But after a long time away, I've come to the new forum. Looking forward to new adventures here.

timdalton007
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @timdalton007 Anyone who includes Dalton in their username and avatar has my immediate respect. Welcome!
    bitchcraft wrote:
    'Old' girl revisiting.....

I'm guessing Mrs Aural Sects from BaB here, given the change in username.
    Well not exactly a new member as I was a member of the old Keeping The British End Up forum. But after a long time away, I've come to the new forum. Looking forward to new adventures here.

timdalton007
    Wow.. long time to see! A warm welcome Back!

timdalton007
    Wow.. long time to see! A warm welcome Back!

Welcome indeed, @timdalton007. Another Daltonite!
  • new here. hope to see some gameing threads
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    new here. hope to see some gameing threads

Welcome to the boards! You'll find a fair amount of gaming threads on here, take a look inside:

http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/categories/gaming
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Welcome, all new members! Glad to see old members returning as well as new ones with cool user names. ;) There are some good Dalton threads and gaming threads; have fun everybody and welcome!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Welcome to all new agents. It's nice to see the community grow that much bigger.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    new here. hope to see some gameing threads

Welcome to the forum, @SilvasLaptop! Cool username. ;-)

Yeah, we are all hip gamers! Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Super Mario, ... you name it.

:-B

Just joking of course. ;-) Don't worry, there is good stuff to be found already, and good stuff that can still be added...
    New here, long time fan of the series. Seems like a great community over here. I look forward to being a part of it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    A warm welcome to all the new recruits.