SPECTRE: TOP 5 elements "SPECTRE" must have to tackle all criticism that surrounded "SKYFALL"

Comments

• edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396

I answered the thread title, what's your issue, mummy didn't love you enough?

Oh dear, you've resorted to immaturity and bullying once more it would seem.

You've just about managed to p*** off several longstanding members on here recently including @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @SirHenryLeeChaChing and @TheWizardofIce with your childish behaviour. Congratulations(!)
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Perdogg wrote:
    1. Get away from this Christopher Nolanesque cycle. Get an original story - we all work hard at our jobs, I should expect EON to do the same instead of ripping off other movies (see above)

2. No more silly car chases, enough already.

3. Better Bond women.

4. Better villain.

5. Get rid of the PC.

1. Agreed, clearly P&W were out of fresh ideas as the two chiefly responsible for this script. Logan did a good job.

2. Chase scenes have always been a part of Bond movies. How would you improve them?

3 and 5 are at odds with the other. Severine was anything but PC, according to some of the brain surgeons who cling to their ridiculous beliefs as I've amply described to the point that they apparently have no response. Severine was a great Bond girl in terms of beauty and Marlohe's performance who I wanted to see survive and was highly disappointed that she did not. A classic sacrificial lamb in the context of the story who paid dearly for double crossing Silva.

4. I see Silva as a classic Bond villain and a great one at that. As do many others. He has qualities of other recent non-Bond villains, but that manic quirky edge has been seen in Bond films long before the more recent ones so it's a pointless debate.

Oh dear, you've resorted to immaturity and bullying once more it would seem.

You've just about managed to p*** off several longstanding members on here recently including @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @SirHenryLeeChaChing and @TheWizardofIce with your childish behaviour. Congratulations(!)

Just flag him for instigating and let the mods deal with it. That's what I did. His non response to Wiz and myself, let alone his post which is clearly an off topic rant, shows his true motivation.

• Perdogg wrote:
    1. Get away from this Christopher Nolanesque cycle. Get an original story - we all work hard at our jobs, I should expect EON to do the same instead of ripping off other movies (see above)

2. No more silly car chases, enough already.

3. Better Bond women.

4. Better villain.

5. Get rid of the PC.

1. Agreed, clearly P&W were out of fresh ideas as the two chiefly responsible for this script. Nolan did a good job.

2. Chase scenes have always been a part of Bond movies. How would you improve them?

3 and 5 are at odds with the other. Severine was anything but PC, according to some of the brain surgeons who cling to their ridiculous beliefs as I've amply described to the point that they apparently have no response. Severine was a great Bond girl in terms of beauty and Marlohe's performance who I wanted to see survive and was highly disappointed that she did not. A classic sacrificial lamb in the context of the story who paid dearly for double crossing Silva.

4. I see Silva as a classic Bond villain and a great one at that. As do many others. He has qualities of other recent non-Bond villains, but that manic quirky edge has been seen in Bond films long before the more recent ones so it's a pointless debate.

I agree with @SirHenry about point 4. Silva was a fantastic villain. One of the best we've had in years, arguably since Sanchez in LTK.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Now now, @forgotmyusername, let's not go there please. :-)
  • I meant to say Logan in my above post, corrected. I have high hopes that he'll do a nice job with the next two scripts and seems to have some fresher ideas.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 14,855
    I'm so glad that Mendes is coming back. the series has suffered since Brosnan's debut with the director musical chairs that has been going on. There has been a lack of consistency behind the camera.

My biggest fear with this however is that Bond 24 may wind up being practically identical to SF. I think Mendes is too clever to repeat himself, but I would have said the said of J J Abrams and he essentially reheated his first 'Star Trek' film with 'Into Darkness'. Those two films were far too similar.

I think Abrams' Star Trek movies are basically his demo for Star Wars. There is always a risk of making the second movie a repeat of the first. It happened with TSWLM and MR, it happened in many other franchises too. But I think Mendes is capable of doing something different.
  • Daniel Craig's hair
    Daniel Craig's suits
    Daniel Craig's beard
    Daniel Craig drinking beer - wrong wrong wrong
    Daniel Craig being a moody teenager.... again
    Daniel Craig riding a motorbike over Turkish rooftops exactly the same place as seen in Taken 2
    Daniel Craig noticing slightly ajar doors that lead him to find the baddie
    Daniel Craig outfoxing the best IT brains in the world to crack an uncrackable computer code precisely the time right time when the baddie wanted it to happen
    Daniel Craig sleeping with a sex worker when he finds out that she is a brokendown sex worker
    Daniel Craig not knowing what Moneypenny's name is when obviously spending a lot of time wi her in the field yet knowing the complete background history of the new M without meeting him
    Daniel Craig pretending to be Terminator and cutting out radioactive shrapnel from deep within his body
    Daniel Craig not shivering although fighting in an ice cold Scottish lake and then having a steady hand to throw a knife killing a baddie from over 30 ft
    Daniel Craig breaking into M's home even though security has been breached and Mi6 is under attack

Do actually you have a point?

Or do you think it's 2006 and craignotbond.com is a sound business proposition to take to the Dragons?

Well the thread title is:

'TOP 5 elements Bond 24 MUST have to tackle every bit of criticism that surrounded 'SKYFALL'

Seeing as you havent offered a single suggestion as to what Bond 24 should have just trite gripes about SF perhaps your mother should have been a bit more loving and actually sent you to a decent school so you could learn basic debating skills?

Knowing your right wing politics and you know my ethnicity - I presume your answer was tinged with the slant of a mass debater. You quite skilled at mass debating. Leave it wizard of odd and let's agree o avoid each other.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Oh dear...
    Oh dear...

Stand back! Don the butcher's smock! This one could get very interesting if Wiz pulls out his idiot proof carving, slicing, and dicing knife.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Knowing your right wing politics and you know my ethnicity - I presume your answer was tinged with the slant of a mass debater. You quite skilled at mass debating. Leave it wizard of odd and let's agree o avoid each other.

Sorry to deflate your clearly monumental ego like old Milton Krest's* head but I have not the slightest inkling to your ethnicity and care even less. To me you are just a faceless nobody on the Internet I'm afraid. Just clicked on your profile and it doesn't mention it there so how am I supposed to know? Am I expected to follow you on Facebook or am I the only person who doesn't PM everyone on here asking for their race, faith, sexuality and any disabilities?

However as you are only insinuating rather than accusing and the fact that I feel sorry for you carrying that chip around with you all day I'll cut you some slack rather than flag it. But the mods might want to keep an eye on you bandying such comments around as it could leave MI6 open to legal action should you write something more libellous.

*Was going to go with Mr Big originally but given the veiled accusations implicit in forgotmyusername's comments didn't want to risk him thinking he had me bang to rights on a racism charge! It's obvious hes operating at the stunted intellectual level where he would misinterpret the use of Mr Big as being blatantly racist rather than comprehend it is because he was 'deflated'.
  • He's a muslim I think.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Well, that could be his religious faith, but that would not be his ethnicity, right? Unless I am just tired and unclear on the meaning. Which is for sure possible. My example: I am Christian by faith and Irish/English (Caucasian) as my ethnic background.

But - and here is the key point of this post, really - it does NOT matter. Nobody cares about your ethnicity, religious faith, where you live, what side of the bed you sleep on, how you have your toilet paper unroll, or how you vote in elections. It's not a factor, @forgotmyusername. I bet we have a wide spectrum of folks on this forum.
    But we are here because we have one, and perhaps sometimes only one, thing in common: we are James Bond fans.
  • Shall we focus a bit more on the TOP 5's again?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That would indeed be nice and refreshing.
    I think I did this pages ago, but here are some for me:

1) A great Bond girl that lives till the end and ends up with Bond
    2) Another outstanding villain
    3) A very well written script (wait, that should probably be first)
    4) A location that involves lovely snow scenery (not just the arctic)
    5) A great soundtrack! With excellent, memorable theme song
  • That would indeed be nice and refreshing.

And preferably one where the composer gets to collaborate on the theme song.

That would indeed be nice and refreshing.

And preferably one where the composer gets to collaborate on the theme song.

Now that Mendes is back does this mean its 99% certain Newman will return too?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The word is Newman did not go down well with some, so Arnold may yet return.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 418
    Samuel001 wrote:

If Arnold does return, i'd like to see some of the soundtrack with a John Barry(ish) feel. Hopefully along the lines of the beautiful haunting music they used for Bond and Vesper's love/romantic scenes - but slightly different to go with the scenes for Craig and the new girl..(and a girl that's alive at the end of the film..
    Samuel001 wrote:

@Wiz- Ditto this. Although I suspect Mendes will push hard for Newman getting a second chance, and for all we know at this time it may have been part of his terms for returning. Suffice it to say, I have little faith in Sony exec Lia Vollack. She's easily more competent in taste than Anita Camarata (she of MGM who negotiated a million dollar flop of a deal for Madonna's participation in DAD and actually loved the song- god I would love to literally piss on her back) and had a winning suggestion in Cornell, but when she selected Jack White (who refused to work with Arnold), and then stated "I am very fond of that song" (from the Burlingame Bond music book) with Keys wailing in the bridge like a wounded cat, ach, well, you see what I mean. If only Amy Winehouse had sobered up long enough, we could have been cooking with gas. I'd love to know what the deal was between Newman and the Adele camp as far as possible collaboration, anyone know?

Would still like to see Michael Giacchino get a shot one of these days, but I feel either Arnold or Newman could do the job next time out. I won't complain. Yet :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Newman wasn't terrible. But he wasn't very memorable. I think he stood with his action music and Severine themes. But there were some rather bland sounding tracks and I thought the track "Health and Safety" was too out of place for Bond. It sounded like something out of WALL-E. Newman needs to lean more towards the Barry sound while making it his own. Some tracks sounded like he was leaning more towards Hans Zimmer and Bond music should never steer in that direction.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't want Newman back at all to be honest. I really felt that since Craig took over as Bond, Armold stepped up his game and there's not a bad thing I can say about his work on both CR and QoS. Bring him back or get someone else entirely.
    1. Needs to have some real world glamour.
    2. Needs to avoid yet another disappointing 'third-act'. Maybe have a two parter with a cliffhanger at the end of first film.
    3. David Arnold to do the score and not let some dozy music supervisor cut it to fit.
    4. No quips unless they're really really good.
    5. Bond should be more of a bastard.
    @Dragonpol and @WillyGalore

I would like to see a modern "remake" of From Russia With Love or The Man With The Golden Gun.

If you look at the movies in 2014 and 2015 the Bond movie will probably involve an ex-member of the 00 program, maybe even the founder, going up against Bond. Sort of like another Alec Trevelyan as the henchman, not necessarily the villain.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 14,855
    Perdogg wrote:

I would like to see a modern "remake" of From Russia With Love or The Man With The Golden Gun.

If you look at the movies in 2014 and 2015 the Bond movie will probably involve an ex-member of the 00 program, maybe even the founder[/i], going up against Bond. Sort of like another Alec Trevelyan as the henchman, not necessarily the villain.

Mansfield Smith-Cumming back from the dead, you mean?
  • Perdogg wrote:

If you look at the movies in 2014 and 2015 the Bond movie will probably involve an ex-member of the 00 program, maybe even the founder, going up against Bond. Sort of like another Alec Trevelyan as the henchman, not necessarily the villain.

As Skyfall's antagonist was an ex-MI6 operative and Trevelyan was a rogue 00 agent in Goldeneye, I can't see the producers going down this route again. At least I hope they don't!
    As Skyfall's antagonist was an ex-MI6 operative and Trevelyan was a rogue 00 agent in Goldeneye, I can't see the producers going down this route again. At least I hope they don't!

I am thinking more on the line as an-ex 00 agent who was drummed out of the 00 program for a crime or instability, such as a Craig Hanson character from Strike Back.
  • Perdogg wrote:

I am thinking more on the line as an-ex 00 agent who was drummed out of the 00 program for a crime or instability, such as a Craig Hanson character from Strike Back.

But even then, it's still too close to what we've just had. I would personally like the next villain not to have any current/previous relationship to MI6.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 9,117
    Perdogg wrote:

What are you basing this hypothesis on exactly?

Trevelyan, Miranda, Vesper, Mitchell, Silva - thats 5 in 7 films. We really dont need any more double agents for a while surely?
    Perdogg wrote:

What are you basing this hypothesis on exactly?

Trevelyan, Miranda, Vesper, Mitchell, Silva - thats 5 in 7 films. We really dont need any more double agents for a while surely?

Vesper worked for The "Financial Action Task Force" of HM Treasury. I am not suggesting this person is a "double agent" either.