SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2023 Posts: 17,816
    IFM. Don't feed the troll. He is little else and that should be obvious by now surely.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote:
    IFM. Don't feed the troll. He is a little else and that should be obvious by now surely.

Which troll? We have quite a few spamming the boards these past few weeks.
  • RecipeRecipe Banned
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Recipe, what's with all the spam? You log in to a distinct forum and make posts, why do you concoct lies that nobody believes?

www.google.com/images

The end. Now you can Google image search.

Here's where I admit I was being sarcastic :)

I was taking a dig at @Gustav_Graves for creating one of his classic attention-seeking spam posts that utterly clog up the screen with photos of celebs we are all already familiar with.

Apologies for not making it's more clear...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    IFM. Don't feed the troll. He is a little else and that should be obvious by now surely.

Indeed. I count two spammers just on this new discussion page. It is turning into MI6 (the true members of the forum) versus the ugly trolls here more and more, with the latter being the SPECTRE equivalent.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Indeed. I count two spammers just on this new discussion page. It is turning into MI6 (the true members of the forum) versus the ugly trolls here more and more, with the latter being the SPECTRE equivalent.

I'd say Quantum as they aren't very memorable.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well, if we are going with Quantum lets just call them "little Elvises" then. :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2013 Posts: 16,331
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well, if we are going with Quantum lets just call them "little Elvises" then. :))
    Better than Rosa Klebb's shoes. =))
  • tqbtqb
    Id like to see the main villian be a female.
  • RikRik Southend
    tqb wrote:

Didn't that happen in The World Is Not Enough as Elektra to quote the film "turned" Renard.
  • tqbtqb
    Rik wrote:
    tqb wrote:

Didn't that happen in The World Is Not Enough as Elektra to quote the film "turned" Renard.

Yes but I mean a female villian from the get-go, Electra was sort of a "twist", if you can call it that.
    @tqb, she kind of was a villain from the get-go. Granted, she wasn't an established villain, but she was the one who switched her father's lapel pin.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @tqb means he wants a female villain that is known to the audience from the offset as opposed to finding out later on in the movie "she" was the villain all along.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 40,490
    @doubleogo, I figured as much. I wouldn't mind seeing that. People have spoke for a long time about the head of Quantum being a woman, perhaps Tilda Swinton. She'd be a great choice. That, or 80's Brigitte Nielsen from 'Beverly Hills Cop 2.'
    Sorry even if Elecktra was the "main" villain, it was Renard who felt like it. So yes I'd like a good real female baddie
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Sorry even if Elecktra was the "main" villain, it was Renard who felt like it. So yes I'd like a good real female baddie

What're your thoughts on the female villain being the head of Quantum?
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What're your thoughts on the female villain being the head of Quantum?

i would love to see Michael Emerson in a dress.

• edited July 2013 Posts: 5,745
    So now with a date confirmed and production on the horizon, let's look ahead at Bond 24's release, a.k.a. Battleground: 2015

Mendes' return to the big screen is going to have to face some fierce competition.

1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron is almost guaranteed to be one of, if not the highest grossing film of 2015. How much of an impact will it's team of heroes have on ours?

2. Not-the-Avengers-but-trying Batman/Superman team up from DC is also aiming to hit it big and take as many theater goers as possible in the movie slate to end all movie slates.

3. The Disney empire strikes back with a new property in Star Wars Episode VII. Will we see it impact Bond as it has in the past, forcing a Moonraker 2?

4. Ant-Man will try to break the stigma of his name and hit it big, posing possibly the most direct threat to Bond, opening November 6th riding into battle right alongside Bond here in the States.

5. How hungry will Bond be two weeks out, once The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt. 2 volunteers as tribute for the wallets of moviegoers?

6. With the impact of Despicable Me 2 on everything around it, will animated features like Finding Dory, Peanuts, and Kung Fu Panda 3 (all in Nov/Dec) manage to steal some of the show?

So, as Bond faces arguably twice as much competition as he did in 2012 (many competitors not listed above), do we think he can rest easy relying on international markets to save the day, or will he have to hit it big domestically?
  • I'm thinking Bond can conquer the threat of Ant-man, but 2015 is looking absolutely stacked. Should more than make up for a lackluster 2013 and 2014.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Bond will be fine. It's coming off its biggest success ever and one of the most loved films in the series. Bond will open big and do well. Ant-Man will have to move.
    Objectively, it's an exciting year for a moviegoer.

Specifically to Bond, I think we'll see B24 break another record in the UK for biggest opening, and we'll climb to the Billion mark possibly as much as twice as fast.

And honestly, I think Ant-Man is guaranteed to do better in December now. As Sam says, they may have to move.
    Mission: Impossible V could also be out next year if it starts filming in September, so take that off the 2015 list.

There are many other films coming too, quite a list.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well count in Avatar 2 in that list.

But Bond will do fine, the audience of Bond isn't the same as for "Hunger Games". And after the tremendous success of Skyfall, the franchise will be secured. There's no need to worry.
    Avatar 2 is a film that looks unlikely to be released in 2015 to me.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Mission: Impossible V could also be out next year if it starts filming in September, so take that off the 2015 list.

True. MI:GP was released late 2011, so I could see them getting it out by Dec. 2014. Updated list with the dangers of the animated features.

And doing research, I can't find anything concrete for Avatar 2.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

True. MI:GP was released late 2011, so I could see them getting it out by Dec. 2014. Updated list with the dangers of the animated features.

And doing research, I can't find anything concrete for Avatar 2.

Oh, my bad. I was sure that i have read somewhere that Avatar 2 was due for release in the late fall of 2015!
    IMO, we cannot expect every Bond film pass the billion mark. If it does 900 mill, it will be a continued success in my book.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2013 Posts: 4,447
    The 2015 movie enemies of Bond 24

It be confirmd that we get Bond 24, Bourne 5, Mi5 and another Da Vinci Code movie in 2015.

But who are the other ones:

The Avengers 2: VS/UK 01 May 2015 NL 30 April 2015.
    Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dutch release be confirmd for Wednesday 08 July 2015. VS/UK 9 July 2015
    Bourne 5: Dutch release i expect in the second or third week of September 2015
    Bond 24: November/December 2015
    Mission Impossible 5: December 2015
    Finding Dory aka Finding Nemo 2: VS 25 November 2015. France release date is on this moment 02 December 2015 and that wil possible also the Dutch release date.
    Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: VS/Uk 11 December 2015
    Da Vinci Code ''Inferno'': VS/UK 18 December 2015 NL: Possible 17 December 2015.
    Kung Fu Panda 3: VS/UK 23 December 2015. The second movie get May and June release date. Mabey in some country's like The Netherlands the movie wil be release in February 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VII
    Snow White and the Huntsman 2
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
    Ant-Man
    Hotel Transylvania 2

Trouble Down Under. From the directer of Ice Age. Delayd a lot and on this moment stil set for November 2014 release date, but there isn't much information yet.

Set for 2015 but possible delayd:

Jurassic Park 4
    Terminator 5
    Die Hardest aka Die Hard 6
    ID Forever Part I
    The Adventures of Tintin 2: Prisoners of the Sun

More movies with 2015 release year
    http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2015,2015&title_type=feature&sort=moviemeter,asc

Who do you think will deliever the moost, who do you like to see the moost, biggest flop.

Facts:

The first Avengers movie whas the biggest hit of 2012 with more then 1,5 billion.
    Bourne whas flop of 2012 and you can say Die Hard 5 wil possible the flop of 2013 if it not going to be Wolverine 2.
    Peter Jackson be confirmd as directer of Tin Tin 2
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Bond will be fine. It's coming off its biggest success ever and one of the most loved films in the series. Bond will open big and do well. Ant-Man will have to move.
    Ant-Man may be in 3d (I can imagine the various scales of the hero lends itself a lot to 3D effects). It would surprising if Bond 24 was in 3d given the various quotes about 3D from the Bond team so far.
    So you can imagine Charlie Brown (3D CGI to be released on the same date in the US)and Ant-man fighting for the 3d screens and tickets, and Bond for the IMAX. It's not a straightforward duel that would force Ant-Man to move.

Samuel001 wrote:
    Ant-Man may be in 3d (I can imagine the various scales of the hero lends itself a lot to 3D effects). It would surprising if Bond 24 was in 3d given the various quotes about 3D from the Bond team so far.
    So you can imagine Charlie Brown (3D CGI to be released on the same date in the US)and Ant-man fighting for the 3d screens and tickets, and Bond for the IMAX. It's not a straightforward duel that would force Ant-Man to move.

It that remains the case the 13th November is still up for grabs. Any idea who takes that date if not Ant-Man?
    What a year for movies, think Star Wars episode VII or Avengers 2 will fight it out at the summit. Though hoping Batman vs Superman and Bond 24 do well.