SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

LeChiffre wrote:
    Michael Shannon is my hot tip for next Bond villain after his impressive performance as Zod in Man of Steel plus he's worked with Mendes before in Revolutionary Road.

He does have a menacing look about him, certainly would not object to him. But ahead of him I would have Idris Elba or Benedict Cumberbatch! :-bd
    I'm hoping for a couple of bad bond girls in the next one. Maybe a sexy villainess working with the main villain, who remains ruthless until her demise at the end, and a pretty bad girl henchwoman who comes good towards the end of the film..
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, I've been championing Shannon for a long time now. He'd make an awesome Bond villain
    NOT Cumberbatch, please. Extremely overrated. Such a grimasser in MOS. They can do better then that.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Cumberbatch wasn't in Man Of Steel but I'm sure you know that.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,767
    QBranch wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I wouldn't list Adele under "likely". Maybe under "slight possibility" but even then it's pushing it
    Agreed. Fixed. Also, I put Kleinman under 'Likely' but do we think maybe 'Assumed' is more fitting?
    Also, throw Jeffrey Wright into the mix. Surely he can go in the 'desired to return' list.
    Sorry, but what does "desired" have to do with a production update? Desired by whom? Eon? Me? You? Him? Her mother?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    He was mentioned a few posts earlier, I´m not so sure you know that ;-) .

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Germanlady wrote:
    NOT Cumberbatch, please. Extremely overrated. Such a grimasser in MOS. They can do better then that.

I think you may mean Shannon, because as far as I know Benedict isn't in Man of Steel... :-/
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    boldfinger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I was responding to @Germanlady who hadn't had a reply yet and correcting her but I'm you knew that...

Unless you quoted the wrong person. She brought Cumberbatch up.
    I just had the pleasure of meeting Micheal Shannon as he's doing a play in downtown Chicago at his old theatre and I can't tell you all what a nice man this is and what an extraordinary talented actor he is. Would love to see him in a Bond film
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @bondbat007, you're quite lucky! What did he say to you, anything? Shannon has always been such a tremendous actor who still seems very underrated to me. I'd love to see him in more.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    boldfinger wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    Also, throw Jeffrey Wright into the mix. Surely he can go in the 'desired to return' 'possibility to return' list.
    Sorry, but what does "desired" have to do with a production update? Desired by whom? Eon? Me? You? Him? Her mother?
    With Adele in the 'desired to return' category, it seems to be aimed more so at EON, or in this case Craig- like him saying he desires Adele to return (or at least said that to be a gentleman).

Having said that, @JWestbrook seems to have put Wright in the more appropriate category 'possibility to return'.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,745
    QBranch wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    Also, throw Jeffrey Wright into the mix. Surely he can go in the 'desired to return' 'possibility to return' list.
    With Adele in the 'desired to return' category, it seems to be aimed more so at EON, or in this case Craig- like him saying he desires Adele to return (or at least said that to be a gentleman).

Having said that, @JWestbrook seems to have put Wright in the more appropriate category 'possibility to return'.

Yes, 'Desired' is who Eon and/or Craig have publicly stated they would want to return, like Craig's comment earlier this year about wanting Adele back. You could put Kurilenko there too after a few of Barbara's comments in 2009, but those aren't recent so I don't consider them.

Possibility is for people who would fit in Craig's tenure easily, like Wright's Leiter (who has appeared in 2/3) and Christensen's White (who has also appeared in 2/3).
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @bondbat007, you're quite lucky! What did he say to you, anything? Shannon has always been such a tremendous actor who still seems very underrated to me. I'd love to see him in more.

I was lucky enough to be introduced to him by somebody he knew from the theatre that I also know so we had an actual conversation and not just a fan meeting a celebrity. Mostly asked about theatre stuff and that I was a huge fan of all his work and stuff like that. He's VERY tall and would make a great Bond villain presence.
    Yes. His performance in Revolutionary Road is what really convinced me that he definitely needs to be a Bond villain.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Oops, yes. He was in Star Trek. I as referring to that. Sorry...
    Creasy47 wrote:

I agree, would like to see more of this guy, was very impressed with his Zod!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

So you saw Star Trek and didn't like him, then, @Germanlady?
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Germanlady wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Very much so, I am afraid. I know, he has many, many fans, but personally I have a hard time just looking at him. He has that wax look about him. Guess those who like him see some sort of weird beauty, not unlike those, who favour DC actually. ;) But whatever that is, its not for me.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Very much so, I am afraid. I know, he has many, many fans, but personally I have a hard time just looking at him. He has that wax look about him. Guess those who like him see some sort of weird beauty, not unlike those, who favour DC actually. ;) But whatever that is, its not for me.

Are you a Sherlock Holmes fan? I think his best work (that I have seen) is in the BBC Sherlock series as the detective himself, if you wish to give it a look. The best Sherlock since Jeremy Brett, easily. Hell, he and Brett ARE Holmes.
    No, never saw any Sherlock. Actuallly don't even know, where and if its on our telly. But I guess, we have it. Not that much into TV anyway. But I am rewatching the whole Roseanne series, because I so love John Goodman :\" Such a shame Daniel denied me the pleasure to see them together.(Mónuments Men)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Sherlock is far more than a "normal" TV series. It's a mini-series of three plus three episodes, 90 minutes each.

So we could say we have SIX quality movies that are surprising the world, specially for Benedict's great work.

And yes, I´m a Conan Doyle fan and I think this Holmes is better than Brett's.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Jarred Harris as a villain.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    doubleoego wrote:
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Jarred Harris as a villain.

Indeed!
    ggl007 wrote:
    Sherlock is far more than a "normal" TV series. It's a mini-series of three plus three episodes, 90 minutes each.

So we could say we have SIX quality movies that are surprising the world, specially for Benedict's great work.

And yes, I´m a Conan Doyle fan and I think this Holmes is better than Brett's.
    Yes, Sherlock goes beyond any normal notion of what a series can do. I am still amazed by it every time I watch one of the episodes. Truly some of the finest work ever broadcast to the public, and such a brilliant tribute to Doyle's characters.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Samuel001 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I was responding to @Germanlady who hadn't had a reply yet and correcting her but I'm you knew that...

From July 15th, three posts above @GL´s post ;-) :
    RogueAgent wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Michael Shannon is my hot tip for next Bond villain after his impressive performance as Zod in Man of Steel plus he's worked with Mendes before in Revolutionary Road.

He does have a menacing look about him, certainly would not object to him. But ahead of him I would have Idris Elba or Benedict Cumberbatch! :-bd

edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    boldfinger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

From July 15th, three posts above @GL´s post ;-) :
    RogueAgent wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

Ah ha! I'm with you now. Thanks. Sorry for my misunderstanding.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Ah ha! I'm with you now. Thanks. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

:-B :-B :-B
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 496
    Germanlady wrote:
    No, never saw any Sherlock. Actuallly don't even know, where and if its on our telly. But I guess, we have it. Not that much into TV anyway. But I am rewatching the whole Roseanne series, because I so love John Goodman :\" Such a shame Daniel denied me the pleasure to see them together.(Mónuments Men)

Sherlock is one of the best shows and is basically the modern Sherlock Holmes and is just amazing!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Recipe, what's with all the spam? You log in to a distinct forum and make posts, why do you concoct lies that nobody believes?

www.google.com/images

The end. Now you can Google image search.
  • Take it easy... Not everyone can be a computer wiz. It is surprisingly difficult to grasp computers especially for older people as I suspect Recipe is. A little more tolerance from members here will go a long way.