SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2013 Posts: 4,442
    Finaly saw Jarhead and it made it quistion Skyfall more then it already did before. The part before Bond 23 whas titled Skyfall and my expections be more a QOS setting.

My idea of Jardhead at the time whas this feeling, but expext a more boring movie and now i see the movie it confirmd this for me how much i whant to that QOS style return. Couple of things suprise me to see in Jarhead who also be in QOS and Skyfall. Something of those thing i earlier at to earlier Bond movies like CR/QOS then Mendes. How amazing it be if Bond 24 be QOS/Jarhead setting. Cinematopgraphy/production design is great, there take more time to tell in my eyes litle bit weak end. Jarhead have a more breath moment people said there missing in QOS and i mis in Skyfall. This from a point of view that Jarhead is not a Bond movie, because there enough moments where i think QOS is a better movie/have more breath moment. Humor and drama is subtil. Biggest problem of Jardhead be that that there not happend that much with those other good things. That's where i think Bond 24 can inprove. I think the waterstory/symbol can be in good hands of Mendes with a good writer. Something i hoped on before i saw Skyfall, now he only should make it true.

Of course i am stil worried about the rest. This is of course also because iam a big fan of Tomorrow Never Dies and case be that this is mixed very well with the above.

Name it a Kathryn Bigelow moment, but i think the agression/politic points in the beginning are simalar to the one in QOS. I own 2 movies of her who i bought for intrest when she whas remour to direct Bond 23.

Another thing, once you know the clue make it a less of movie you whant see a lot. To much of open end mabey for Jarhead, not in special a problem for Bond 24.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Been a while since the last post. Whats new?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Been a while since the last post. Whats new?

It's only been less than a week, but it seems like a lifetime. No news on the front as of late, sadly. Hope we get something later in the month or August.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I had a dream where it was confirmed that Mendes would return and that Bond 24 would be released in 2015. I immediately woke in cold sweat.
    Time is running out for Bond 24 to make a 2014 release. The question is rather whether Bond 24 will premiere in 2015 and 2016. My guess is 2015 - I doubt that Broccoli and Wilson (and Sony and MGM) will wait four years once again.

Maybe we get a Sam Mendes confirmation in early August?

I wonder how far Logan has come with the script. An early draft at this stage?
  • RecipeRecipe Banned
    MMhmm he hasn't finished the draft at this stage I'm aware.
    I think there is a very, very early and rough draft.

Norwegian film director Morten Tyldum (the director of the critically acclaimed 2011 BAFTA winner "Headhunters") has confirmed he was among the list of possible Bond 24 helmers.

He had a meeting with Broccoli and Wilson in LA.

"I can confirm that I've had a meeting with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson [in Los Angeles]. They are fans of 'Headhunters', and wanted to know if I'm available at the moment. They also wanted me to read a script. That's everything I have to say about this right now."

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/?itemid=10939

Tyldym confirms that there is a script.

Back in 2012, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade revealed that Logan and director Sam Mendes have already dreamed up a scenario for Bond 24. (http://collider.com/neal-purvis-robert-wade-leaving-bond/)

How long can Logan have been working on the Bond 24 script? At least since October? Approximately eight months, maybe.

Back in March, Logan gave a brief Bond 24 update to BBC: "It's coming together very well, I'm very pleased with where it is." (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21799563)
    So all of this confirms, there is more then just a draft, which is not surprising after all his time.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 388
    BondMorten wrote:
    Time is running out for Bond 24 to make a 2014 release. The question is rather whether Bond 24 will premiere in 2015 and 2016. My guess is 2015 - I doubt that Broccoli and Wilson (and Sony and MGM) will wait four years once again.

Maybe we get a Sam Mendes confirmation in early August?

I wonder how far Logan has come with the script. An early draft at this stage?
    Oct/Nov 2015 has always been the most likely date and nothing has really happened since the release of SF to change that.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    New thread please! :D

It was all planned of course. Announced at 5pm on the dot.
  • Boom!
    Good news!!
    Ben wrote:

It is such a pitty. I really would like to get this all behind me as quick as possible!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Wrong thread. Please delete.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Amazing name for this thread... Mendes confirmation in July? :O
    well Mendes is official as is the release date. Hoping for a Fleming title.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited July 2013 Posts: 108
    Now we know why Sam Mendes seemed evasive and aloof about directing Bond 24 in that previous interview. He had already signed the contract to direct the film and was feigning disinterest. Given his superb performance in that interview, he should be an actor as well as a director. ;)

Anyway, Sony/MGM confirmed that Mendes will direct Bond 24 with a screenplay by Logan and starring Craig. The film is set for release in late 2015.

http://www.thewrap.com/deal-central/column-post/sam-mendes-returns-direct-bond-24-102466
    ggl007 wrote:
    Amazing name for this thread... Mendes confirmation in July? :O

This is exactly why I created this page: to (as accurately as possible) predict a timeline. Good job, all! What comes next? Casting?
  • RecipeRecipe Banned
    Pascal and Lynton said, “It’s a privilege to work on the Bond films. EON, John Logan and Sam Mendes have come up with an extraordinary follow up to SKYFALL and we, along with our partners at MGM, can’t wait to share this new chapter with audiences all over the world.”

OK you know what. I'm calling bull*** of this news.

If they "can';t wait" to share the movie, why the 2015 release date? Some of us may not be that long on this earth (illness). My fear is that I only see a few Bond flicks in my lifestream.

More lies and bluster from $$Eon$$
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    This is exactly why I created this page: to (as accurately as possible) predict a timeline. Good job, all! What comes next? Casting?

Hats off to you JWestbrook for setting it up and maintaining so well. Casting would be my guess.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Yay! I am thrilled and relieved Mendes is officially on board. I haven't doubted it for weeks now, but it is great to have that settled. Yes, casting seems next. Maybe we will hear that regulars are returning (Harris, Wishaw, Fiennes ... Kinnear?). I haven't heard anything about a villain - I bet wheels are turning behind the public front, but it may be a while before we get news on the villain.

And yes, thanks @JWestbrook for this production thread. It's nice to be able to change the title and keep this rolling all the way.

So ... late 2015 is confirmed? Read the twitter again and yes; opens Oct in UK. Would have been great to have any time (like Nov) i 2014. But if we get a quality film, I'm happy. Very glad this is moving along.

Although for me, it will most likely again be a Dec. 1st premiere. Sigh ...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, I'm so thrilled. Can't wait to see Mendes return to the realm of Bond. This'll be his second Bond in a row. Well, it's been a long time since we last saw that happen. ;-)

2015 then? Was kinda hoping to get the film by 2014 - being a fan of the 2 year interval - but hey, I'm an easy lay for any decision they make. ;) Craig will be 47 when the film is released. That's Roger Moore's age at the time of Golden Gun if I'm not mistaken... See, after Bond 24 he will still have 5 films in him. ;-)
    I am expecting location and title rumors soon enough
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 3,494
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Wow, I'm so thrilled. Can't wait to see Mendes return to the realm of Bond. This'll be his second Bond in a row. Well, it's been a long time since we last saw that happen. ;-)

2015 then? Was kinda hoping to get the film by 2014 - being a fan of the 2 year interval - but hey, I'm an easy lay for any decision they make. ;) Craig will be 47 when the film is released. That's Roger Moore's age at the time of Golden Gun if I'm not mistaken... See, after Bond 24 he will still have 5 films in him. ;-)

Really Dimi. Never figured you for a cheap tart ;)

DarthDimi wrote:

I've never known consecutive single-director Bond films - how cool?! I'm very pleased to have finally had some news anyway. I think the advantages outweigh the negatives, namely:

- CONTINUITY: I'm talking Fienne's M, Moneypenny, the new Q, the new old office, and staying with the Fleming-esque tone etc. etc.
    - Good personal relationship between Craig and Mendes
    - Not rushed
    - Other :)

All in all, good news. Gives us a fighting chance of going up against the big releases of 2015 too!

@SirHenryLeeChaChing: Really Dimi. Never figured you for a cheap tart.

Oh, I figured Dimi as a cheap tart - a raspberry tart. ;)

Seriously, I want to hear about Deakins being back next. That is important - Skyfall was beyond gorgeous.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I figured Dimi as a cheap tart - a raspberry tart. ;)

Seriously, I want to hear about Deakins being back next. That is important - Skyfall was beyond gorgeous.

You and I both. I think a lot of us are really hoping Deakins' makes a heavily-anticipated return.
    I want to hear about Deakins first. Newman back is okay with me, but I do want more from him. Then I'd love to know some locations. I think it will take time to get word on the main villain and main Bond girl. Unless things are rolling behind scenes that no one's heard of yet ... certainly possible.
    Told you all :-). I was expecting a fall 2015 release. I was prepared for it. Especially after 'Skyfall's' success, you could place a bet on the producer's behaviour that they want to repeat this success, both quality-wise and finance-wise. And with Sam Mendes back as director we can witness a kind of continuity we haven't seen since the days of Terence Young ('DN', 'FRWL'). I am very very pleased!!!