Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,882
    Wierd because during Brotherhood and Revelations I relied on them constantly. For some reason I never felt the need to use them at all in this one.

It's something to do between missions.
    They seem to have fixed that in the new one :D

There isn't a sequel to Pirates: The Legend Of Black Kat. But i'd be all for it getting a PS3 remake. But I doubt that'll happen.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    samainsy wrote:
    FIFA 13

Same here, I was playing the manager career mode the other day. After a few seasons West Hams expectations of me got miles too high and I was sacked.

on fifa 12 did sick wiv west ham won everything u cud dream of they cud win

There isn't a sequel to Pirates: The Legend Of Black Kat. But i'd be all for it getting a PS3 remake. But I doubt that'll happen.

I meant in the new Assassin's Creed
    With all the Phantom Pain news recently, I went back and played some more Peace Walker on the PS3 HD Collection. The funny thing is, months ago I destroyed the final Peace Walker and thought I had beat the game; never touched the game until now. Turns out, there is much more to the game still! I had no idea that I could build my own Metal Gear (Zeke) and use it!
    Such a damn cool game

Also I downloaded the demo for 'Injustice'-- that's the DC Superhero game by the makers of Mortal Kombat. That's pretty fun too!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I meant in the new Assassin's Creed

Ah, I see. Well, bring them on. The naval missions have been best parts of AC3 (so far), especially those with the added danger of rogue waves.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
    As a 3DS title I wasn't expecting too much, but boy did I eat my words. Not only was this game fun, but It was better than the first game. It was a nice puzzle solving, ghost hunting adventure game with our favorite little Brother.
    luigis-mansion-dark-moon_07.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Bioshock Infinite

That Ending

Wow.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Mallory, is it really that good? I've heard it's amazing. I have quite a few new games I've still yet to tackle, and this makes me want to play it. I have that, alongside 'Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel,' 'Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite', 'Dishonored,' and 'Dead Space 3.'
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited April 2013 Posts: 2,036
    @Creasy47

I thought it was excellent. Really out of left field. I am looking forward to playing it again (and trying 1999 mode) and seeing how the story all clicks together knowing how it ends.

Infinite is really interesting to me. As an FPS it is so-so, I wasnt really a fan of the skyhook bits (to me it was a bit fidilly) but as a "narrative experience" its top notch.

The fact that Elizabeth "works" is amazing in itself.
    @Mallory, I love when a game is so incredible that it makes me want to go back, replay it, and see any tidbits I missed or how the entirety of a story/plot twist comes together, now that I know how it ends. That's how 'Bioshock 1' was for me.

I cracked open 'Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel' and played it non-stop all night and today. I had a really great time with it. Going through on Insane difficulty right now, then wrapping up a few more achievements and trading it in for some credit.
    I've been going through trying to beat some older games of mine so I could trade them in, and I've also been picking up used GOTY editions of some older games to enjoy the DLC for a week. I got 'Dead Island' GOTY Edition last night so I could try the DLC, but I mostly played the Arena for achievements. Picked up 'Tropico 4: Gold Edition' this evening so I could go back to it, because when I played it last year, I gave up around the fourth mission - just couldn't beat it. Ended up starting off on the DLC, unlocking a load of achievements and created a really grand looking island. It's a lot of fun.

Beat 'Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel' on insane and traded it in, along with some other games, and got 1600 MS Points to try out the original 'Crysis.' I also paid off my physical copy of 'Minecraft.' All in all, a nice transaction. I'll either work on some older games until my copy of 'Dead Island: Riptide' gets in my hands, or maybe start on 'Bioshock 1.'
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Fifa 13 I manage Bradford City and I am in my second season in League 1.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Finally finished God of War: Ascension after struggling with that 3rd to last level. The ending wasn't too bad, but it just wasn't as satisfying. I did enjoy playing GOW:A, but I would know what happened after GOW3.
    @MajorDSmythe What are your thoughts on AC 3 so far? I know you didn't like the last few very much, do you prefer this one?

Zelda Skyward Sword

Didn't have the chance to play it when it came out because I'd sold my wii years before, but since I have a Wii U now I can play old Wii games. It's brilliant. The sword fighting alone is worth this (traces your exact hand movements). The motion controls are great and it's really well designed.

Best Zelda game ever and that's a pretty amazing achievement.

The only real problem is, as usual, there are some really annoying characters. The ghost that lives in your sword even manages to be more annoying than the fairy from Ocarina Of Time (oh, my health is low, really? I couldn't tell by the thudding heartbeat sound effect and the half a heart in the corner of the screen).

Other than that, great game.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,882
    @MajorDSmythe What are your thoughts on AC 3 so far? I know you didn't like the last few very much, do you prefer this one?

I made it as far as sequence 8, so I can't deliver a full review on the game, but I have now officially given up on it. Maybe it's because i'm not American, but the plot did nothing for me early on, and it didn't exactly endear itself to me as the game progressed. The maps are big, i'll give the game that much, and there is a lot to do in them, but if the plot doesn't interest me, what reason is there for me to keep playing.

I'll finish my mini rant by saying that Connor must be the least interesting Assassin yet. I'm not Ezio's biggest fan, but at least he had a personality.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    If it makes you feel any better Major, by far the best of the game is yet to be played.
    The new one won't be constantly flag waving in the same way that AC3 did, so that's a good start.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837

I made it as far as sequence 8, so I can't deliver a full review on the game, but I have now officially given up on it. Maybe it's because i'm not American, but the plot did nothing for me early on, and it didn't exactly endear itself to me as the game progressed. The maps are big, i'll give the game that much, and there is a lot to do in them, but if the plot doesn't interest me, what reason is there for me to keep playing.

I'll finish my mini rant by saying that Connor must be the least interesting Assassin yet. I'm not Ezio's biggest fan, but at least he had a personality.

Completely agree although I did enjoy the final few sequences and the epilogue, (although Desmond's ending was a bit crap but I don't really care about him anyway).

I think the game had some great moments but a bland main character (made even worse by the fact that they had a good one at the beginning then ditched him), a boring plot (I honestly didn't give a toss about Washington, the revolution or Connors village) and an America f**k yeah attitude (up until sequence 9 anyway) made it a let down.

I did like the new combat, the improvements to parkour, taking over the forts and the boat missions though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A friend and I played Mario Party 6 yesterday. Great fun, that one.
    Did anyone get Injustice yet?
    I'm seriously close to going out and buying this today-- I haven't bought a brand new game at full price since Red Dead Redemption

Maybe someone here can help me: I know I should have pre-ordered it, but if I walked into Best Buy today and got the game, would I still get the Best Buy exclusives? If so, that would settle it-- as I happen to have a gift card in my wallet from Christmas

And speaking of the exclusives, I'm assuming that all the skins will eventually be up for download, like they did with Mortal Kombat, right?
    I hate Walmart but I'd love to have the Arkham City skins.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Did anyone get Injustice yet?
    I'm seriously close to going out and buying this today-- I haven't bought a brand new game at full price since Red Dead Redemption

Maybe someone here can help me: I know I should have pre-ordered it, but if I walked into Best Buy today and got the game, would I still get the Best Buy exclusives? If so, that would settle it-- as I happen to have a gift card in my wallet from Christmas

And speaking of the exclusives, I'm assuming that all the skins will eventually be up for download, like they did with Mortal Kombat, right?
    I hate Walmart but I'd love to have the Arkham City skins.....

As per usual, I am sure all the DLC from the various store locations with pre-order exclusives will indeed be up for download at a later time on PSN or XBL.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Dishonoured: Knife Of Dunwall

Michael Madsen is feeling very guilty after killing Hit Girl's mum at the beginning of Dishonoured and wants redemption.

With this in mind I decided to not kill anyone. I thought instead I'd play Daud (Madsen's character) as a Batman type hero.

This all went out the window about 5 minutes in. This game is much more fun and inventive when you kill everything. I'd recommend staying stealthy though to make it more challenging.

I haven't even finished the first level yet but so far this is great DLC for a great game. You get new gear like smoke bombs and wrist darts, as well as new powers like an Assassin's Creed esque summon Assassin ability.

Plus, you're playing as Michael Madsen. That alone is reason enough to buy this extra content.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Got Injustice yesterday!
    Toys R Us currently has it on sale for $34.99 (already....) but they were all sold out. I've had this $25 Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas so I thought, you know- it's worth at least a call to see if they price match....
    Called Best Buy customer service- they said they absolutely price match! Ended up getting Injustice for $11 out of pocket!!

success-kid.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've just did a little old-school gaming: Tetris on the original (i.e. black and white) Game Boy.
    I started to get into 'Dead Island: Riptide' before 'Minecraft' took me over. That game is beyond addictive. Stayed up for about 12 hours last Saturday playing it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I just finished replaying Uncharted 3 recently. Batman Arkham Asylum and City shall be next.
  • AliAli
    Far Cry3 Blood Dragon

What a ridiculous idea. Reskin Far Cry 3, set it like a really cheesy post apocalyptic 80s action film, make the island smaller and charge £12 for it. It shouldn't work, and for younger players it won't, but for the 40 somethings that grew up on Stallone, Van Damme, Lungdren, Kurt Russell and Schwarzeneger, this might just be the funniest game of the year! Michael Bien does a brilliant impersonation of Snake Pliskin for the main character and the humour is just superb.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Finished the Dishonoured DLC. Shorter than I expected but it has a fair bit of replay value and I think all the new stuff was worth the price.

Apparently there's going to be one last add on that will finish the story of Madsen's character, which I'm looking forward to.

Assassin's Creed 3: The Tyranny Of King Washington

I hate Connors new outfit. Shame they ditched the old one for this DLC because I thought out of all the Assassins, he looked the coolest.

Anyway, this is fun. Washington makes a good OTT villain, the powers I've gotten so far are cool (invisibility actually makes the stealth sections enjoyable), and the combat is as fun and brutal as ever.

Near the end of part 1 now. I really want an add on starring Haytham before Assassin's Creed 4 comes out.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,882
    Deadly Premonition: Directors Cut

I've clocked up around 15hrs of gameplay, and I now have York's ("i'm Francis York Morgan, but please, call me York, everybody else does"*) car. If this game really is like Twin Peaks, then i'm surprised viewers of TP didn't go insane trying to work out what in the name of Jiminy Cricket was happening on screen. Or did they?

* I'm sorry, I just had to do that.
    Just beat 'Metro: Last Light.' Wasn't really anything special, especially for a $60 price tag. Incredibly dull finale, I had my game bug up and freeze quite a few times, and I was screwed out of a few achievements at the end for no apparent reason. Went to start a new playthrough so I could see the alternate ending, and the game just immediately freezes, again. Won't be picking this up for the rest of the night. Quite disappointed.