Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    As there's so little to go for I'm in no hurry to purchase anything. I'll happily wait for the price to drop.

Let us know what you make of Bioshock when you get round to them.

That's how I feel. I just had a good bit of credit and nothing to buy, so I figured I'd spend it on something, and it seemed well enough of a purchase. Came with every bit of downloadable content, as well. Will post here once I get into it.

Traded in a lot of old games recently, and I still feel like I have way too many to play. Perhaps I'll save my money for a good while and just work on beating what I have. I'm overwhelmed over here.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    As there's so little to go for I'm in no hurry to purchase anything. I'll happily wait for the price to drop.

Let us know what you make of Bioshock when you get round to them.

That's how I feel. I just had a good bit of credit and nothing to buy, so I figured I'd spend it on something, and it seemed well enough of a purchase. Came with every bit of downloadable content, as well. Will post here once I get into it.

Traded in a lot of old games recently, and I still feel like I have way too many to play. Perhaps I'll save my money for a good while and just work on beating what I have. I'm overwhelmed over here.

Wow, @Creasy47, I could never ever balance that. Even when I get only two games at once I rack my brain trying to decide which to play first, and if I play one too much I feel the other is being too neglected.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it's unbelievable the amount of games I still have to play. Some of them I just could not get rid of until I played, and most of them are still in their wrappers: 'Dead Space 3,' 'Dishonored,' 'Bioshock/Bioshock 2 UE,' and a bunch of others.

But, you will be happy to hear the game I just started playing after wrapping up 'Crysis 3': 'Sleeping Dogs.' Loving every minute of it so far.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it's unbelievable the amount of games I still have to play. Some of them I just could not get rid of until I played, and most of them are still in their wrappers: 'Dead Space 3,' 'Dishonored,' 'Bioshock/Bioshock 2 UE,' and a bunch of others.

But, you will be happy to hear the game I just started playing after wrapping up 'Crysis 3': 'Sleeping Dogs.' Loving every minute of it so far.

I am glad to hear that! It is the most fun I have had with an open world game, so I hope the fun continues. You do reach a point where once you have completed most of the game you aren't left with much of anything to do, but for a small time developer like United Front Games this is a hell of a first effort title. I hope we get a sequel.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I hear they're doing pretty well with the post release DLC, as 'Year of the Snake' was just released and received some pretty good reviews.

So far, I've been trying to do all side quests and collectibles before continuing on with the main quests, as to have my character in as good a shape as possible before the big missions come. Just met Amanda (I believe?) and she showed me the location of all of the Health Shrines, so I'll have to spend some time in visiting all of those. I love that that's Emma Stone, and your boss is Tom Wilkinson. Oh, and that the guy you play as is Colonel Moon from DAD's PTS.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I hear they're doing pretty well with the post release DLC, as 'Year of the Snake' was just released and received some pretty good reviews.

So far, I've been trying to do all side quests and collectibles before continuing on with the main quests, as to have my character in as good a shape as possible before the big missions come. Just met Amanda (I believe?) and she showed me the location of all of the Health Shrines, so I'll have to spend some time in visiting all of those. I love that that's Emma Stone, and your boss is Tom Wilkinson. Oh, and that the guy you play as is Colonel Moon from DAD's PTS.

Yes, some cool Bond connections and awesome cast. The fighting is brilliant too, the most polished in any sandbox game I have ever seen. I suggest trying to find all the jade statues as soon as possible to get all the awesome moves. There are some statues you can only get until nearer the end of the campaign because they are locked off in buildings you don't yet have access to, but getting them ASAP really makes you a force of power in your battles. And the fight clubs are epic, and give you tons of cash so you are never in danger of running out. I love going to them when it is raining, and near the end I am soaked with blood of the other fighters on me. Just epic, it feels like you are in a movie.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to unlocking some moves to more easily take out those big brutes who constantly have me on the ground mashing 'B'/'O' to dodge their stomp attack.

I tried a fight club out earlier, and made $15,000 quick in less than 5 minutes for me. Just might have to spam that one! The first one I visited - the one you take Emma Stone to - was higher up, and you could grab the guys you were fighting, and with a little bit of luck, whip them over the side, so when I was done, I'd have a nice cumulation of bodies in the alleyway below, haha.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to unlocking some moves to more easily take out those big brutes who constantly have me on the ground mashing 'B'/'O' to dodge their stomp attack.

I tried a fight club out earlier, and made $15,000 quick in less than 5 minutes for me. Just might have to spam that one! The first one I visited - the one you take Emma Stone to - was higher up, and you could grab the guys you were fighting, and with a little bit of luck, whip them over the side, so when I was done, I'd have a nice cumulation of bodies in the alleyway below, haha.

Yes, I love that. I do the fight clubs all the time, and as you fight your way through more and more clubs you get to go to the Aberdeen club which can net you $150,000 the first time you complete it and $60,000 every time after. You can get up to millions of dollars by just doing the fight clubs alone, over and over. I have beat almost all the game's content in my current save and still have at least or over 3 million Chinese dollars left, with nothing to spend it on, haha.

And I will also give you a warning. You are likely playing your current game in the autosave slot. I highly advise you to also save that same progress in another slot outside of the autosave slot. I tell you this for two reasons: firstly, I recently wanted to play the campaign again, and I didn't read the screen that told me that the current save for the new game would take over that of my autosave slot. I hadn't backed up my save in another slot, so all my progress was wiped clean. If I had backed up the save in another slot that would have been no problem for me. Second, the game does have instances where it will glitch and freeze, and possibly erase your progress. This happened to me when I wanted to go back and replay a level, whereupon the game went black, frozen. When I booted the game back up I had all my progress in regards to my unlocks and stats, but all the missions reset and I just decided to erase the file and begin anew. It is then important to have that back up save so that you don't lose the progress and don't have to worry about playing the game over because of a glitch. I would hate for the same things to happen to you. I don't know what it is with Square Enix published games and glitches, but it can be frustrating.
    Very good to know. I'll have to abuse that fight club later on in the game as well, then!

And I noticed the Autosave Slot, but I also have two Manual Save slots that I save over once every thirty minutes to an hour, in case something happens with one of them, I won't lose as much progress.

I know that Square Enix had a hand in 'Hitman: Absolution,' and the game has an achievement where you unlock all Play Styles, which is just little challenges, like "Kill 5 enemies with a thrown knife without being noticed," etc. In fact, that challenge was the one that screwed me over: I heard it was easiest to unlock this level in the Prologue level, and it was the last I needed. Unlocked it, but was given no achievement, and apparently, the reason it didn't unlock was because achievements are not granted to the Prologue level, hence why achievements such as 'First headshot.' or 'First thrown knife kill.' wouldn't unlock on that level, either. My only choice was to delete my entire save data and restart, but I wasn't bothering with that. The game was mediocre, anyway, so I took my 920GS and traded it in.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very good to know. I'll have to abuse that fight club later on in the game as well, then!

And I noticed the Autosave Slot, but I also have two Manual Save slots that I save over once every thirty minutes to an hour, in case something happens with one of them, I won't lose as much progress.

I know that Square Enix had a hand in 'Hitman: Absolution,' and the game has an achievement where you unlock all Play Styles, which is just little challenges, like "Kill 5 enemies with a thrown knife without being noticed," etc. In fact, that challenge was the one that screwed me over: I heard it was easiest to unlock this level in the Prologue level, and it was the last I needed. Unlocked it, but was given no achievement, and apparently, the reason it didn't unlock was because achievements are not granted to the Prologue level, hence why achievements such as 'First headshot.' or 'First thrown knife kill.' wouldn't unlock on that level, either. My only choice was to delete my entire save data and restart, but I wasn't bothering with that. The game was mediocre, anyway, so I took my 920GS and traded it in.

Why did you have to delete your save because of the achievement? Couldn't you have just replayed another level outside the prologue that contained a knife, gotten the 5 kills and received the achievement?
    No, because I couldn't unlock something that was already unlocked, and I even tried that. I thought, "Well, that logic is flawed, but it's also flawed that I can't unlock things in the prologue, so let's see." Sure enough, I was right. It wouldn't register it because there was nothing left to register. So, it was either complete the game on the hardest difficulty - which was tough enough - and then delete my saves and get that, or be done with it. The latter option was easiest.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Dishonored,'

Best. Game. Ever.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I've just gone out and bought, Dishonored because of you people. I hope it's as good as you guys are claiming.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If you like stealth games, you'll love it.
    I love stealth games!
    A great purchase then @doubleoego. Have fun!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tomb Raider

Having finished it today, I can say that I loved it from start to finish. =D>
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bloodstone

Took me but a mere few hours to finish but I like it still. I'm Craig! Woohoo! Okay; not a perfect game, but it works to thrill me as a Bond fan.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Bloodstone

Took me but a mere few hours to finish but I like it still. I'm Craig! Woohoo! Okay; not a perfect game, but it works to thrill me as a Bond fan.
    Haha :) I think its the best of the recent Bond games.
    Its miles ahead of 007legends.

Uncharted 3 is a game I've been wanting to play?
    anyone owns it over here ?
    Uncharted 3 is amazing...in fact all 3 of them are. Uncharted 3 also has a TLD reference too ;-)

and @Samuel, I'll be playing it tonight.
    Anyone getting 'Gears of War: Judgment' or 'The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct' this week?
    doubleoego wrote:
    Uncharted 3 is amazing...in fact all 3 of them are. Uncharted 3 also has a TLD reference too ;-)

For real ?!
    What exactly do the say ? :-O

I love these James Bond reference's in popular media.
    I always have a broad smile on my face when I hear them in "How I Met Your Mother"

I own Uncharted 2 and its definitely in the top 3 games I've played!
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 498
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Anyone getting 'Gears of War: Judgment' or 'The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct' this week?

'fraid not. Don't own a 360
    Creasy47 wrote:

Might get Gears Of War, I quite like those. I thought Survival Instict looked shit, frankly. I'd rather wait for season 2 of the good Walking Dead game and watch the TV series.
    doubleoego wrote:
    @Samuel, I'll be playing it tonight.

What do you think so far?
    @thelivingroyale, I hear that 'Gears of War: Judgment' is a lot like CoD now: lots more run-and-gun gameplay than the past three installments. And yes, 'Survival Instinct' looks like generic fun, nothing more. I'll pick it up when it's cheaper.
    Skyfail wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

For real ?!
    What exactly do the say ? :-O

I love these James Bond reference's in popular media.
    I always have a broad smile on my face when I hear them in "How I Met Your Mother"

I own Uncharted 2 and its definitely in the top 3 games I've played!
    The TLD reference is what you DO. It's epic, trust us.

And Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece; my favorite game ever!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I have been beating up punks in Arkham City and collecting Ridler trophies. All my side missions are complete except the Ridler. I am currently collecting the trophies to get the last hostage.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Spec Ops The Line

Expected a tenners worth of generic fun shooting a nice pretty city. Instead got what's essentially the Apocolypse Now of video games.

You still do the usual moving from cover to cover slaughtering armies, but this game makes you feel really crap about it. The characters all change as they kill more and more people.

You get choices like in quite a few games now but they aren't spelled out for you, it's not press this button to do this or that one to do that. And there are no good or bad choices, nobody wins.

The story is pretty good and very mysterious, the ending really surprised me. You're in Dubai but there's been a huge sandstorm that's wrecked the city, the Americans have gone in to help but everythings gone tits up and you have to find out what happened.

Very good game.