The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    samainsy wrote:
    what is quatum of solace? know quantum is a group but what about solace?

It took Fleming an entire short story to reach a more or less 'clear' picture of what he meant with the title. Anyway, solace could be viewed as 'comfort' and a quantum means a portion, an 'amount'. I guess this comes closest to an explanation but it's one of those titles that shouldn't be contemplated too hard IMO. ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    what is quatum of solace? know quantum is a group but what about solace?

It took Fleming an entire short story to reach a more or less 'clear' picture of what he meant with the title. Anyway, solace could be viewed as 'comfort' and a quantum means a portion, an 'amount'. I guess this comes closest to an explanation but it's one of those titles that shouldn't be contemplated too hard IMO. ;-)

Fleming said a quantum of solace is a measure of comfort between two people. The story says that if no humanity exists between two lovers, if their is no love shared, compassion felt or care possessed if the other dies, then the relationship simply can't go on.

This link may help explain it better, just look at the first entry:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Quantum of Solace
    Groundrise?
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1
    Mine:
    1.) The LONDON Games
    2.) Quantum of Revenge Atlas
    3.) Roll of Bond, Hear Them Cry Of
    4.) Atlas Of Solace (get Stromberg back!)SOlace
    5.) REVENGE
    6.) Tomorrow Never Survives(a mock-up of TND)
    007.)(Like that?) Never Say Forever Again(Mock-up of NSNA)
    /---\ /---\
    | |L|OND|ON /
    NSNA IS A BOND FILM, BY EON!!!!

Forever(based on this rejected theme to QOS, you can find it here:
    )

Mod Edit - Merged three posts into one. Please use the edit function if you wish to add to your post. Especially a minute between posting. Thanks.
    Property of a Lady?

Another idea: I had an idea that they could adapt the Moonraker novel by Fleming but follow closely to the source material. They could call it by it's alternate name
    Too Hot To Handle.
    Leviathan...

I am serious btw
  • The French title of "A View to a Kill" was "Dangerously Yours," which could make a good title.
    It should have a title but will ever be released next year 2014 or 15????? It should have the full cast M,Q & Miss Monypenny & Felix Leither in option, More gadgets & including the Bond Mobile British Icon brand only Beside Aston Martin, Lotus, Jaguar Bentley or Rolls Royce.
    The French title of "A View to a Kill" was "Dangerously Yours," which could make a good title.

It could make a good title, but then what would be the French title?;-) Die Another Day was retranslated Death Can Wait in Italian, which sounds so much better.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    The French title of "A View to a Kill" was "Dangerously Yours," which could make a good title.

It could make a good title, but then what would be the French title?;-)

A View to a Kill, of course!

Ludovico wrote:

Vue sur meurtre?
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    If this is what the next bond title will be well I made this poster online once and not the best of title but it was called death of a cia double agent I was going to call it double agent I wish I did now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While I enjoyed the title of 'Skyfall,' I think 'Death Can Wait' would have been an excellent choice for the film: Bond puts 'enjoying death' on hold to tackle saving London and stopping Silva. He recuperates and gets back in the field, opting not to enjoy death any longer after it. Would have been a very fine title.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Vue sur meurtre?

Well that would have to do for the French Bond 24 title.

• edited April 2013 Posts: 2,015
    watch out for some headache :

Movie "A view to a kill" , indeed translated into "Dangereusement votre" - "Dangerously Yours". The reference is "Friendly yours", "Amicalement votre" French translation of "The Persuaders".

Book "From a View to a Kill" : it was translated into "Bons Baisers de Paris" - "From Paris With Love". Reference is obvious... A new, more recent translation is "James Bond en Embuscade" ("Ambush").

Not the only time "Bons baisers.." was used to translate something :

In Book "The Living Daylights", was translated into "Bons Baisers de Berlin" - "From Berlin with Love". In Movie, "Tuer n'est pas jouer". A very, very good French title IMO, but very hard to translate back into English, I won't even try.

Other signs "Bons Baisers de ..." is heavily associated to Bond here :

Roger Moore's Escape from Athena was translated here into "Bons Baisers d'Athenes", and the Charlots Bond parody (with Lois Maxwell and Bernard Lee !) was "Bons Baisers de Hong Kong". The only "Bons baisers de" reference which is not Bond I can think of is "Bons baisers de Bruges" ("In Bruges"). But it's still about professionnal hitmen...

Finally, IMO, A litteral "movie title" translation of "A view to A kill" would be "En vue de tuer" or "Afin de tuer" I guess, or "En vue de meurtre" if you want the pun with the popular "Envie de meurtre" (but it sounds a bit too light hearted anyway).
  • OO7 Shaken but not Stirred
    Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Where the Hell are You OO7 ?
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 14,800
    watch out for some headache :

Movie "A view to a kill" , indeed translated into "Dangereusement votre" - "Dangerously Yours". The reference is "Friendly yours", "Amicalement votre" French translation of "The Persuaders".

Book "From a View to a Kill" : it was translated into "Bons Baisers de Paris" - "From Paris With Love". Reference is obvious... A new, more recent translation is "James Bond en Embuscade" ("Ambush").

Not the only time "Bons baisers.." was used to translate something :

In Book "The Living Daylights", was translated into "Bons Baisers de Berlin" - "From Berlin with Love". In Movie, "Tuer n'est pas jouer". A very, very good French title IMO, but very hard to translate back into English, I won't even try.

Other signs "Bons Baisers de ..." is heavily associated to Bond here :

Roger Moore's Escape from Athena was translated here into "Bons Baisers d'Athenes", and the Charlots Bond parody (with Lois Maxwell and Bernard Lee !) was "Bons Baisers de Hong Kong". The only "Bons baisers de" reference which is not Bond I can think of is "Bons baisers de Bruges" ("In Bruges"). But it's still about professionnal hitmen...

Finally, IMO, A litteral "movie title" translation of "A view to A kill" would be "En vue de tuer" or "Afin de tuer" I guess, or "En vue de meurtre" if you want the pun with the popular "Envie de meurtre" (but it sounds a bit too light hearted anyway).

And I remember the early translations of the novels' titles were a bit... out there too.
    The Fairmunt Chateau

(It's a beautiful hotel in Canada.)
    Barry Norman: Guy Ritchie shouldn’t direct the next James Bond film

‘Sam did a hell of a job,’ he said. ‘I would think that Craig was good enough to get an Oscar nomination.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/25/barry-norman-guy-ritchie-shouldnt-direct-the-next-james-bond-film-2-3666300/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    Barry Norman: Guy Ritchie shouldn’t direct the next James Bond film

‘Sam did a hell of a job,’ he said. ‘I would think that Craig was good enough to get an Oscar nomination.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/25/barry-norman-guy-ritchie-shouldnt-direct-the-next-james-bond-film-2-3666300/

Why is that in this thread? This is for title ideas.
    I am not certain if I suggested it, but here is one chapter from Thunderball that could work beautifully as a title: Multiple Requiem.

And don't tell me no movie audience know what a requiem is.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 5,745
    A Coup For Two.

I'm really damn proud of that one, so feedback is wanted.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A Coup For Two.

Really cool.

So what do you think of my title Leviathan
    Risico007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A Coup For Two.

Really cool.

Hard to pronounce. But sounds mysterious. What does it mean?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A Coup For Two.

Really cool.

It means an aquatic monster of behemoth proportions. Don't exactly know how that would work in a Bond film though.
  • Never Kill Me Again (ha ha)

Reflections could be a decent way to work in a bit of Fleming. The original title of "007 in New York", which would never work, was "Reflections in a Carey Cadillac," which is too specific. This sneaks a reference in and has an air of mystery to it.

• Shoot To Thrill
    Everything Or Nothing
    Mind Heist
    Shaken Not Stirred
    You Know My Name
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Anyone seen this?

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A Coup For Two.

Really cool.

It means an aquatic monster of behemoth proportions. Don't exactly know how that would work in a Bond film though.

It can also mean an insurmountable problem. case in point in the 1989 thriller the title came from the ship the creature was found upon

I just think as original one word titles Leviathan sounds cool and mysterious working on a fan poster as we speak
    Thanks heavens none of you will ever work for Eon X_X