The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• @SirHenryLeeChaChing It was left ambiguous apparently but I thought it was fairly obvious they did and there was a cut line confirming it. I don't need to "justify" anything.

Are you saying there actually was a cut line? Or you just thought there was a cut line?

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I believe Mendes cut a line from the final film that confirmed they didn't sleep together. It could take a while to find that though, it was news from around the time of release.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am happy it is ambiguous; I think that is much better.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I believe Mendes cut a line from the final film that confirmed they didn't sleep together. It could take a while to find that though, it was news from around the time of release.

Oh, I thought it confirmed they did. My mistake then. Although if they cut a line confirming they didn't then that strengthens my argument a bit (that they did it), even if it was left ambiguous.
  • Thanks @Samuel001 - I didn't know about that. I think we can each take from it what we want, @thelivingroyale. But it's clearly deliberate ambiguity - i.e. there's no correct answer. A bit like all those arguments about the finale of the Sopranos a few years back.
    Thanks @Samuel001 - I didn't know about that. I think we can each take from it what we want, @thelivingroyale. But it's clearly deliberate ambiguity - i.e. there's no correct answer. A bit like all those arguments about the finale of the Sopranos a few years back.

It is meant to be ambiguous, however given the reaction of Moneypenny I think it is much more likely nothing happened.

And even if they did, didn't Lois Maxwell said in an interview that she discussed this with Sean Connery and they agreed to play their roles as if they had had an affair but that it had ended?

Oh, and I agree with the previous poster who says (I paraphrase) that Naomie Harris's Moneypenny has been so far most tasteful than Samantha Bond, who ended up a stupid groupie in DAD.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 388
    Ludovico wrote:
    Thanks @Samuel001 - I didn't know about that. I think we can each take from it what we want, @thelivingroyale. But it's clearly deliberate ambiguity - i.e. there's no correct answer. A bit like all those arguments about the finale of the Sopranos a few years back.

It is meant to be ambiguous, however given the reaction of Moneypenny I think it is much more likely nothing happened.

And even if they did, didn't Lois Maxwell said in an interview that she discussed this with Sean Connery and they agreed to play their roles as if they had had an affair but that it had ended?

Oh, and I agree with the previous poster who says (I paraphrase) that Naomie Harris's Moneypenny has been so far most tasteful than Samantha Bond, who ended up a stupid groupie in DAD.
    I didn't know that about Sean Connery and Lois Maxwell either. This is proving to be a very educational thread for me.

Samantha Bond's Moneypenny was really saddled with some really poor material after GE. It seemed that, once it was deemed politically incorrect for her to have a huge unrequited crush on Bond, the writers didn't quite know what to do with her and, after GE, she seemed to exist purely to spout increasingly dubious sex jokes. "Pumping" Paris Carver for information, "cunning linguist" and the VR masturbation aid being the three most egregious examples that spring to mind.
  • RecipeRecipe Banned
    "High Price 4 Wealth" - Bond must locate stolen jewels
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Samantha Bond is a fine actress in the right role, Moneypenny was not that role. As to Harris being wooden I did'nt see it personally.

Though there was some sexual chemistry between Bond and MP no they didn't sleep together.
    Ludovico wrote:

I didn't know that about Sean Connery and Lois Maxwell either. This is proving to be a very educational thread for me.

Samantha Bond's Moneypenny was really saddled with some really poor material after GE. It seemed that, once it was deemed politically incorrect for her to have a huge unrequited crush on Bond, the writers didn't quite know what to do with her and, after GE, she seemed to exist purely to spout increasingly dubious sex jokes. "Pumping" Paris Carver for information, "cunning linguist" and the VR masturbation aid being the three most egregious examples that spring to mind.

Worst thing about Samantha Bond's Moneypenny is that she ended up a groupie, having virtual sexy with Bond. That was even worst than the invisible car.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

I, too, read that there was a line cut, and I really want to say Harris said in an interview that the line was cut to make the thought more ambiguous.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Risico
    Alligator
    Murdock wrote:
    Risico

I am fine with that.
  • Craig's already gotten two Fleming titles. They should save the rest for future Bonds. I'd keep it at one or maybe two per Bond from now on.

Craig's already gotten two Fleming titles. They should save the rest for future Bonds. I'd keep it at one or maybe two per Bond from now on.

There are not many Fleming titles left (three, I think?), but they could also use some of his chapters' titles.
  • My first post so be kind, some quick ideas.

The Price of Deception

The Limit Of Fear

Where Lies Forgive

Cold Silence

Any thoughts?
    Craig's already gotten two Fleming titles. They should save the rest for future Bonds. I'd keep it at one or maybe two per Bond from now on.

Connery and Moore had far more! They are good original titles so why not use them?
    Rumor is Bond 24 is Devil May Care
  • RogueAgent wrote:

Connery and Moore had far more! They are good original titles so why not use them?

They should use them, but they should try to stretch them out rather than use three of them on Craig and have only two left when he's done. Give as many actors as possible Fleming titles, rather than handing them all to Craig.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Wave-Link

Trust me.... I know.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wave-Link

Trust me.... I know.
    That joke never gets old. :))

Risico007 wrote:
    Rumor is Bond 24 is Devil May Care

Ain't gonna happen.
    Another load of guff from the Sun! It won't be Devil May Care!
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 1,661
    This film has a cool James Bond title:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1602613/

:)

Operation Seafire.
    7th Fathom.
    White Knight Down .
    or
    Blue Mantis.....
    I would like to see something with a underwater feel to it.
    Blue mantis has a Dr No feel to it... and White Knight Down, takes reference from a call sign once used in TND.
  • RC7RC7
    Hectic Danger Day 
    Chap of Steel 
    Colossal Velocity 
    Gunbird
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 12,837
    RC7 wrote:
    Hectic Danger Day 
    Chap of Steel 
    Colossal Velocity 
    Gunbird

Nice suggestions but I prefer The Norfolk Fracture as a title myself.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    Hectic Danger Day 
    Chap of Steel 
    Colossal Velocity 
    Gunbird

Nice suggestions but I prefer The Norfolk Fracture as a title myself.

You read my mind.
  • UNIVEX