The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

Thanks heavens none of you will ever work for Eon X_X

How is Leviathan a bad title seriously! and the Fleming titles suggested will be used eventually/

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:

How is Leviathan a bad title seriously! and the Fleming titles suggested will be used eventually/

Don't pay "it" any attention, @Risico007. Winding you up is what "it" wants and needs to gain attention, so don't give "it" the pleasure.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 101
    Dont appreciate you referring to me as "it" simply because of my chosen sexuality
    Plenty of vile homophobia on these boards, mainly from 00brady
    Step out from behind the computer and taste life and THEN judge
    You might like it :o

Mod edit: expect a PM.
    Why am i constantly a target?
    I log in about once a week, mainly to see if they have selected a Bond 24 director yet
    Instead i see shut-ins with 13000 posts using homophobic slurs and ranking black Bond girls as most ugly, simply because of skin colour
    I see some of you are still living in the stone age
    Risico007 wrote:

Don't pay "it" any attention, @Risico007. Winding you up is what "it" wants and needs to gain attention, so don't give "it" the pleasure.

sorry I forgot it was the troll when I responded.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I log in about once a week, mainly to see if they have selected a Bond 24 director yet
    Instead i see shut-ins with 13000 posts using homophobic slurs and ranking black Bond girls as most ugly, simply because of skin colour

I think Rosie Carver is the ugliest Bond girl that ever was. Does that make me a racist?

DarthDimi wrote:

I think Rosie Carver is the ugliest Bond girl that ever was. Does that make me a racist?

Yes.
    Because we all know the real answer is Saida in TMWTGG :)) :))
    On His Majesty's Secret Service
  • Perdogg wrote:

Well, they'll need a certain someone to go to her eternal rest between now and Bond 24 for that to work.

• edited May 2013 Posts: 388
    Perdogg wrote:

Well, they'll need a certain someone to go to her eternal rest between now and Bond 24 for that to work.

Maybe that was Bond's plan in Happy and Glorious? High treason!
    Perdogg wrote:

I was thinking more of abdication due to age rather than passing away.
  • DarthDimi wrote:

I'll go you one better than Rosie- May Day :-& . How in the blue hell did that thing ever make it as a model? Apparently a certain segment of the male population is legally blind. Thumper is also amazingly ugly as well. EON and their casting department certainly has made some very poor choices in the past. Poor Roger really took two for the team back then.

Berry and Harris though are examples of good looking black women that most men would agree with. Someone in the modern era obviously has more of a clue as to what type of black woman physically fits the type of woman Bond would go for.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Naomie would have looked even better if her hair was straightened.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I grew to like her hair in the film but I prefer it longer and straighter. So look, here we are with another hair discussion. :) I think it will be a different style for the next Bond film. Just my gut instinct.

On topic: Can anyone tell me when to normally expect the announcement of director and title of next film based on years' past? Assuming we do not have a writers strike and that a director can be found in the next few months. Announcements would be ... director some time this summer? Title wait much longer, though? Just curious ...
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 14,831
    Naomie would have looked even better if her hair was straightened.

But Moneypenny should not be too good looking. I actually thought Naomie was a tad too beautiful for the role.

But this is off topic. A title for Bond 24? How about The Shadower? Again taken from a chapter title of TB.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I think Helen McCrory would've been a better choice for Moneypenny. But then I also don't think Moneypenny should've been a former agent.
    I hope Naomie reads that somehow and smiles.

I think Moneypenny needs to be very attractive, just maybe not supermodel stunning. Naomie is lovely in just the right way I think.
    I think Helen McCrory would've been a better choice for Moneypenny. But then I also don't think Moneypenny should've been a former agent.

Me neither.
    I think the former agent thing is just a twist they wanted to do something fresh. I am okay with it as long as it doesn't crop up seriously in the future. (Bond: "I need some extra help right now!" M: "Oh send in Moneypenny, she's just around the corner with her Ak47 ...)
    I just didn't really like the idea of the character getting a big backstory at all but the former agent thing doesn't make much sense to me at all.

There are a whole range of jobs at MI6 and surely a former field agent could get a better one than secretary? Isn't there a desk job she could've had?

I also didn't like how Bond shagged Moneypenny. I know the sex scene in Die Another Day was cringey but at least it wasn't real.

And I thought Harris was a bit wooden (she has been in everything I've seen her in) and the weak link of the film acting wise. Not the worst MP but I thought Sam Bond was better and of course she didn't come close to Lois.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Well we all have our favorites, yes. I never thought Naomie was wooden; just the opposite, actually. I liked her spark with Craig a lot, too. But I respect that others have different opinions, no problem.
    Whether or not Moneypenny and Bond got it on, full on, is up for debate - I think so (and I am happy with that) - but I think others on here may disagree on that point, too.

I liked Samantha Bond and of course Lois, who set the whole game rolling. Bliss was lovely but not given a good character (she just looked and acted too silly, or stupid, or stereotypical ... you know what I mean).
    I also didn't like how Bond shagged Moneypenny. I know the sex scene in Die Another Day was cringey but at least it wasn't real.

I think this deserves its own topic, but as I understood it they didn't have sex.
  • Ludovico wrote:

I think this deserves its own topic, but as I understood it they didn't have sex.

It was (mercifully) ambiguous.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had a dream last night that the title of 'Bond 24' was 'Risico,' for some reason, and I was living inside of the film as it went on. It's weird, because I had the same dream a long long while ago when the MGM thing was going down and we had the four year hiatus, and I recall Bond fighting in a big house, ala SF's finale. Something's up with my brain if I'm right for the next film.
    What was the dream, @Creasy47?
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 3,494
    I just didn't really like the idea of the character getting a big backstory at all but the former agent thing doesn't make much sense to me at all.

There are a whole range of jobs at MI6 and surely a former field agent could get a better one than secretary? Isn't there a desk job she could've had?

And I thought Harris was a bit wooden (she has been in everything I've seen her in) and the weak link of the film acting wise. Not the worst MP but I thought Sam Bond was better and of course she didn't come close to Lois.

I'm surprised you didn't notice how she pushed his hands away when he tried to undo her skirt. And she's wooden too? Did you miss this, or is it trying to justify liking Sam Bond better? There was no shagging and that's how it has always been and how should be, so comparisons to smutty Sam's scene are a moot point.

Naomie will grow on everyone given time and good dialogue, she has the right stuff to do this role. I for one think she has exceeded Bond and Bliss combined already, finally nice to have tasteful flirting in place of P&W's ideas of sex humor.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, the only thing I recall from it was that it was titled 'Risico,' and I remember Bond walking through a dimly-lit club past some well-lit lights, which made up most of the lighting in the room.
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing It was left ambiguous apparently but I thought it was fairly obvious they did and there was a cut line confirming it. I don't need to "justify" anything.

I thought she was wooden yeah, I'm not the only one to say so either. Something about her line delivery just seemed off to me, I thought so when I saw her in 28 Days Later and The Accused too.
  • @SirHenryLeeChaChing It was left ambiguous apparently but I thought it was fairly obvious they did and there was a cut line confirming it. I don't need to "justify" anything.

Ok, don't "justify" and just explain exactly what movie you were watching? I surely saw nothing as obvious as you describe and I barely have a clue as to what you mean by "cut line". Here's what I saw- he tried to undo her skirt, she declined, and was last seen up close wiping shaving cream off his face. No kissing, no bed shots, when in doubt go back to Fleming, nope, didn't happen in the novels and even Fleming himself was ambiguous "I suppose it could have happened" when the question was posed.

Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, the only thing I recall from it was that it was titled 'Risico,' and I remember Bond walking through a dimly-lit club past some well-lit lights, which made up most of the lighting in the room.

Sounds like a good dream I wouldn't mind if Risico was the title

Beyond the Shadows as a title thoughts?