SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited April 2013 Posts: 108
    If Chistopher Nolan directs I quit the series!
    If you survived Lee Tamahori as a director, I think you could survive Nolan. ;-)

• edited April 2013 Posts: 5,745
    I had posted on here awhile ago that Broccoli, after the release of QoS, had stated she would like Olga Kurylenko to reprise her role in a future release.

With Kurylenko's schedule being open for a return in 2014, do you think Camille could return? Or should the series just move on?
    Not a chance. The character wasn't well received and even if Quantum comes back, Camille won't be a part of it
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I loved Camille.... \m/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote:
    I loved Camille.... \m/

Me too! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    I loved Camille.... \m/

Me too! :D

Me three! A Bond girl there for more that just the surface looks and teaches 007 an important lesson.
    I'd love to see her return. :)
    Agreed. I think she was a great Bond girl, arguably the best of the newly coined "Bond women".
    Hate to piss on everybody's parade but I don't think this will happen and I wouldn't want it too.

QOS was/is generally regarded as one of the weaker Bond movies and the worst of Craig era. The way I see it, after Skyfall's success, EON will want to distance themselves from QOS as much as possible.

I can maybe see the organisation returning but not Camille. She wasn't a very popular character anyway. Broccoli also said there would be a Jinx spin off and that she would've bought back Fields if she wasn't killed off, so her word is no guarantee of it happening either.

And would I want her to return? Nah. I didn't find her very interesting anyway and her story is done, there's no need. She got her revenge and taught Bond a lesson, the end.

If you do want her back, could you please explain why you feel she should return? Because I really don't see the appeal. Even if you think she was a good Bond girl, there have been lots of those and none of them were ever bought back.
    What us hardcore Bond fans think of Camille is not important. When I say that her character was not popular, I'm talking about the general public. If you think back to 2008, the responses were not positive. It's not Kurylenko's fault, as she's very good in the role, but the general public was not a fan then and probably wouldn't even remember her now.
    Quantum can come back because even if people didn't like QOS, the concept of a SPECTRE like organization has too many possibilities to ignore. But Camille? No
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While it's highly doubtful that Camille will return, I absolutely loved the relationship that she and Bond had. She was powerful and competent, and they weren't completely involved in a sexual trance: they both teamed up to accomplish a personal mission. That kiss they share at the ending is amazing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:
    What us hardcore Bond fans think of Camille is not important. When I say that her character was not popular, I'm talking about the general public. If you think back to 2008, the responses were not positive. It's not Kurylenko's fault, as she's very good in the role, but the general public was not a fan then and probably wouldn't even remember her now.
    Quantum can come back because even if people didn't like QOS, the concept of a SPECTRE like organization has too many possibilities to ignore. But Camille? No

I think that Camille is a very promising character to build on; stuff the casual filmgoers. As it has been said, she was a compelling partner for Bond and was tough as nails. It would be great to see them team up again against Quantum, especially if they have to work with Yusef along the way as I have wished for. Where as SPECTRE/the evil organization has been done before, the return of Camille could arise so many new possibilities that could never have been explored with a returning Bond girl like Silvia Trench.
    She is one of the most boring Bond girls of the lot.
    Miserable, grumpy, no fun at all.
    No glamour.
    And Marc Forster made her up and lit and shot her to look like an unappealing hag.
    Same goes for Fields in that ghastly red wig and pancake makeup.
    I used to work in a makeup department and we wouldn't be caught dead letting customers leave our shop looking like slappers like that =))
    Leave Camille in the dustbin of Bond history where she belongs.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    No glamour.
    And Marc Forster made her up and lit and shot her to look like an unappealing hag.
    I used to work in a makeup department and we wouldn't be caught dead letting customers leave our shop looking like slappers like that =))

What makes her boring to you?

Besides all that, Olga/Camille is very sexy in my eyes. Nothing more attractive than a girl that can handle herself and goes beyond just being a pretty face. She reminds me a lot of Pam, now that I think about it.
    She is dour, grumpy, humourless.
    Not what Craig needed after the tragedy of Vesper.
    We need a Bond girl with real vavoom, brio, glitz and glamour.
    A real TIffany Case type.
    And I can't even make out what Camille is saying half the time.
    When she is talking to 007 on the DC10, and they start shooting and cut her off?
    What exactly is she saying?
    They used to dub bad actresses in the 60s if their English wasn't up to snuff.
    It makes me so angry I start shaking at times >:P Grrrrrrrrrrr
    Camille was just beautiful. Really lightened up that movie and Id love her to return. I don't think Dan got his share. The actress who plays her she has a real heart fopr the source material you can tell she is game and what ever any detractors may think I will follow her career to whatever end
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Happiestinthesaddle, I don't remember the exact line, but it's something like "For the record, I wasn't with Greene for *gunfire*." Really isn't that hard to understand.
    Thanks @Creasy47 luvvie.
    Well that solves one mystery (I thought she was saying something like that) but I'd like to know what she was with Greene for?
    She wasn't with him for love?
    Money?
    Sex?
    More than 3 months?
    Someone should have stepped in at the editing room and swapped that rubbish out!
    Sorry for being so crude, but did you watch the movie?
    I watched it cringing through my fingers because it was utter rubbish!
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Thanks @Creasy47 luvvie.
    Well that solves one mystery (I thought she was saying something like that) but I'd like to know what she was with Greene for?
    She wasn't with him for love?
    Money?
    Sex?
    More than 3 months?
    Someone should have stepped in at the editing room and swapped that rubbish out!

What you seen the film? She was with Greene to use him to get to Medrano, you know, the guy who raped and killed her mother and sister in front of her!
    When she is talking to 007 on the DC10, and they start shooting and cut her off?

You don't like Camille, yet you are fine with Tiffany? Holy flipping Fleming's that is ironic. Tiffany is so down-rigth ditzy she is an absolute travesty to the Bond girl name. She has no sex appeal, depth, presence and can't even match Bond in any way, shape or form. She spends most of the film muffing things up or failing at the simplest things she is given to do, almost making Bond lose when she re-switches the tapes. I hate Jinx, but Tiffany makes her look like Einstein. Just thinking about her makes me want to hit my head off a wall...
    I watched it cringing through my fingers because it was utter rubbish!

That's exactly what I have to do when I read your posts.

That's because you know what I can do with my little fingers :-*
    That's because you know what I can do with my little fingers :-*

For Fleming's sake...does it feel like we are in a preschool or is it just me? I knew I wasn't going to find any kind of intelligent conversation with you...

*LOOKS AT WATCH*

Oh, it looks like it's your nap-time. I'll warm the milk.

I'll get the bed ready :-* :))
    I'll get the bed ready :-* :))

Allow me to get the door when you are kicked off of this site.
    More homophobia from Mr 12,000 posts.
    Why am I not surprised?
    If anyone should be kicked off, it's intolerant cavemen like you.
    I'm out and proud and WON'T be pushed around. :)>-
    More homophobia from Mr 12,000 posts.
    Why am I not surprised?
    If anyone should be kicked off, it's intolerant cavemen like you.
    I'm out and proud and WON'T be pushed around. :)>-

I'm not homophobic, just allergic to stupidity.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    No glamour.

What makes her boring to you?

Besides all that, Olga/Camille is very sexy in my eyes. Nothing more attractive than a girl that can handle herself and goes beyond just being a pretty face. She reminds me a lot of Pam, now that I think about it.

Well you must be desperate.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    samainsy wrote:
    Well you must be desperate.

Always out for personal slams, are you not, @samainsy? Cool it or you get another warning.

• samainsysamainsy Suspended
    She was stupid,couldnt even hold a machine gun or do anything right , she switched the tapes