James Bond Car Collection

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    After much waiting I've finally received issues 102 and 103 today. Boy, this collection is taking a long time to finish. For me, the others should arrive on:

104 and 105: July 2011
    106 and 107: September 2011
    108 and 109: November 2011
    110: January 2012
    Wow, GE Fabbri must realise they're behind as I received issues 104 and 105 today! Love the cars and looking forward to finally having them all.

106 and 107: August 2011
    108 and 109: October 2011
    110: December 2011
  • #106 arrived today. Small, not much to say about it. Sad that the collection is coming to an end.
    #106 arrived today. Small, not much to say about it. Sad that the collection is coming to an end.
    You not wrong from there. There few more to cars to go. If it Villian,Allies or Cars which Bond girls these I don't know besides which 007 drove! all beside his company cars.

i have to say this collection has been good but the name was completely wrong in James bond Cars as it covered all kinds of vechiels. Also every issue apart from issue 8 (which had zao) had the bond actor from that film on the front cover even if bond never drove the car. A bit more thought from ge fabbri would off been better, but the collection has been good if not scrapping the barrol a bit with extending the issues out a bit to long
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Unexpectedly numbers 106 and 107 arrived today, the Ford Consul and the Rolls Royce from Licence to Kill. Number 108 will be the long awaited Ford Econoline van from Diamonds are Forever.

I'm very pleased to see the Rolls from the under-represented LTK. No material on the car in the magazine, but at least there are photos of Carey Lowell. =sigh=

And it's just sinking in that there are only three cars left in the collection!
    got mine yersterday too of 106/7 I know there's only 3 issues left but kind of glad as no space left to put them haha.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Yeah, I got 106 & 107 a few days ago. Nicely made models, as always... but as is so often the case with this collection terming them "James Bond cars" is stretching things a bit due to their "blink and you'll miss 'em" appearances in their respective films.
    Just received the news that I will soon get the two vehicles that were missing in my collection so far: the Renault Fuego from AVTAK and the Parahawk from TWINE. After that, all I'll be missing will be the three cars yet to be published. The end is near, and I'm a bit relieved, even though I would have wished for a few more cars.
    Good news on 107 and 108 arriving. Hopefully this means they'll be on their way soon.
  • I see that sellers are listing issue 108 (Econoline from DAF) on ebay. Looks nice from the brief picture I see of the box, but does anyone have any other pictures of it?
  • Looks like a nice model, I can't wait to get it. Thanks!
    Nice looking car that. Thanks @Gerard.

Have any pictures of the final issue leaked yet?
  • I got issue 108 today and have to say the model is nice, but for one small incorrect detail. On the right side of the Econoline their are supposed to be double doors for passenger entry. However there is only 1 (sliding) door, a point that the accompanying magazine states was an option in 1972. The magazine depicts the correct version, sadly not reflected by the model.
    Still a nice addition to the collection!
    Received issue 86 and 87. Issue 108 is on its way. In a week or two (regulations about truck circulation during the week-end is messing with the postal service(s) schedules), I should be up to date with my colection.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 5,832
    Wikipedia is far from being an accurate source of information on the collection. Yesterday, I was looking at the page about it, and found the following sentence:

"A Dutch website has hinted at the possibility of a further extension of 20 issues, bringing the collection to 130 issues."

Now, we all know that Fabbri themselves have announced that the collection would stop at # 110 (the DBS). Furthermore, I've seen no new models on EBay, apart from those we already have (and as you remember, many of the cars were available on that site sometimes way before they were released to the general public). And finally, no link to the "Dutch website" was given. There are a lot of things I'm skeptical about, and this one ranks as high as the honesty of politicans on my bullsmeg detector.
    I'd say and hope, it's not true. Good find @Gerard we'll have to see what happens from here...
    Hi folks,new to the forum. You might know already but Fabbri have confirmed the collection have been extended to 130 due to high demand. Confirmation will be sent with the next issue (108 )in the UK.
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Hi folks,new to the forum. You might know already but Fabbri have confirmed the collection have been extended to 130 due to high demand. Confirmation will be sent with the next issue (108 )in the UK.
    No way....

I'm started to get annoyed now. What the hell are they going to do - cars are thin on the ground now (apart from take another £160 from me)?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 5,832
    Sorry, Whisper, but I have issue 108 (the Ford Econoline), and there was nothing that said that the collection had been extended. You probably meant issue 109.

Samuel001, I made a list of 14 cars which I deemed important enough to be included in the collection if it was to be extended past issue 110 (among them, Locque's Mercedes and Necros's Milk Float). If you had six cars for Bond 23, it could work. As long as Fabbri doesn't give us more cars like the Ford Consul, of course.
    I am 1 - 62 cars for sale plus tank & little nellie - anyone interested ([email protected])
    Extended? Seriously? Really? I'm speechless.

But will I cancel my subscription?

Probably not. =sigh=

If this is confirmed then I guess we can speculate on what the next 20 models will be. I just hope they are more 'essential', eg Kenworth Tanker Truck.

If it's confirmed...
    Hi Gerard, sorry ur right.I still get my subscription in pairs so the letter will be in my 108/109 delivery.Confirmed by phonecall to JBCC.Would love the LALD split bus,DAF bathosub ,TLD milkfloat and the Vanish!.
    I wish I collected them all. Then again, at the time I was very broke and well, I live in a very small apartment (21m²) for the time being.

I only have cars from Die Another Day, Goldfinger and The Spy Who Loved Me :-q
    No, not the Vanish! Don't give them ideas! They'll give us an empty diorama!
  • Yep I can confirm collection is continuing to 130. I am a subscriber too spoke to GEFabbri also. Lots of speculation on other forums of what to include. It also looks like the collection will include upto 5 vehicles from Bond 23.
    No, not the Vanish! Don't give them ideas! They'll give us an empty diorama!
    Dont be too quick to dis this one. A clever gimmick possibly and maybe opportunity for GEF to offer as special or even a gift to loyal subscribers.

Cheers

Included in the letter advising of the extention they have also mentioned 3 of the forthcoming cars. Laser carrying Dodge ambulance(Goldfinger) Locques Mercedes(FYEO) and the VAZ-2106 from Goldeneye.The collection will also revert back to fortnightly. I think if the Vanished Vanquish is done correctly it could be a great addition to the collection, I know a lot of Bond fans saw it as a step too far bordering on the ridiculous but I still remember when I watched D.A.D with my 8 year old son and the look on his face when it first vanished was probably the same as mine when I watched the Esprit dive into the water and change into a submarine back in 77!
    Included in the letter advising of the extention they have also mentioned 3 of the forthcoming cars. Laser carrying Dodge ambulance(Goldfinger) Locques Mercedes(FYEO) and the VAZ-2106 from Goldeneye.The collection will also revert back to fortnightly. I think if the Vanished Vanquish is done correctly it could be a great addition to the collection, I know a lot of Bond fans saw it as a step too far bordering on the ridiculous but I still remember when I watched D.A.D with my 8 year old son and the look on his face when it first vanished was probably the same as mine when I watched the Esprit dive into the water and change into a submarine back in 77!
    Thanks for that information @whisper. Nice to see some cars that have been missed added back in with the extension and the collection is back to being fortnightly! That should speed things up and have all the cars out by the end of next year, so it's no shock to hear of Bond 23 now being included.

Having a Vanquish with the "invisible effect" could work and be a nice touch to those we've already had.
    Well, that makes two of the fourteen cars I wanted added to the collection. As for the VAZ; What the smeg is that? If it's the police car from the tank chase, okay, if not...