James Bond Car Collection

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 12,506
    i see, quite a gap though hey? i should receive 115 on wednesday.
    Just took a look at the wikipedia list for the ALLEGED remaining cars? And i have just realised that there are no further Lazenby, Brosnan, or Craig models?

Well a fair few come to mind already!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Still waiting on issues 114 and 115. Should be here soon...

Apologies samuel as i do not know? But where are you from? The difference in who is waiting for which issue is quite staggering! Cannot recall who it was now but i remember someone from the Netherlands was waiting for issue 100 only a few weeks ago!

Do you get yours through mail order subscription? Or via a local newsagent? I'm the latter and have been very fortunate to find a goodone as mine have always arrived on time unless there are national holidays. which delay it a day or two.

I'm from the UK and have the mail order subscription. Two issues are delivered to my door every month.
    oh i see, im in the uk too and get mine every 4 weeks. Just recieved 115 today. Although its not on screen much? It is a nice model!
    I just recieved 114 and 115 in the post today. They are both fairly good models, but again pretty obscure. I suspect the reason they were chosen was that they are existing castings that Ixo had the tools ready for. The FX4 Taxi was used in the French partwork 'Taxis of the World', while the Austin Cambridge featured in another French series, 'The Blue Route' although as a private car, not a taxi.

The upcoming Lada Niva is also an existing casting, it has been used in a partwork on Soviet era cars that is available in Russia, Poland and some other Eastern European countries. It is a lot cheaper to use existing models than to have them tooled up specially...I suspect someone has spent a lot of time trying to match up cars that appear briefly in the Bond films with models from Ixo's back catalogue!
    Apparently there is a sequence in Skyfall that shows a funeral procession for dead MI6 agents, with eight Daimler DS240 hearses featured. Do you think one of these will be included in the series? Oxford Diecast already have one of these vehicles in their range, but it is unlikely that this manufacturer would contribute to a partwork; if used, it would probably be a new casting by Ixo or a modification of the Daimler DS240 limousine by Universal Hobbies.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Found it on Flickr. It looks like this was displayed on BOND IN MOTION. Anyone knows if it's a new collection from Corgi?

6761072055_606519a831_o.jpg

6761071243_6965f8a3c2_o.jpg

Photos from Phil Guest

xxx
    Found it on Flickr. It looks like this was displayed on BOND IN MOTION. Anyone knows if it's a new collection from Corgi?

6761072055_606519a831_o.jpg

6761071243_6965f8a3c2_o.jpg

Photos from Phil Guest

xxx

As we understand it? Corgi are releasing NOTHING new sadly. I would suspect that all they have done is put there old models in NEW packaging and thats it?
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Also got 114 and 115 today. Underwhelmed.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Snap!
    I received issue 115 today. A nice model, which should have its place in a general car collection. But its inclusion in a James Bond Car collection is debatable, at best (same as with issue 114).

On the other hand, as I said before, given that the next car, the Lada Niva, plays a part in TWINE (even if it's a small one), I would say it deserves to be included.
    It would be nice if IXO could include some figures in these models though? If these model casts already exist for this company? Surely it would not cost too much to do this?
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    They should do a 'do it yourself' kit of figures. Maybe 10 or 20 little figures. Some standing, some sitting, some in a driving pose, some in a 'firing gun out of window' pose. Then we could stick them into whatever cars we wanted to.
    114 AND 115 recieved and thinking how many more 10 sec scene cars are still to come. How about the vehicle that was getting a parking ticket in TWINE ?
    Is it my imagination or was there a list to say that there would be some good vehicles chosen by fans?
    How about the Milk float from LD or the sliced double decker from LALD with figures, to make up for the waste of money vehicles we are now recieving ?
    With 9 months still to go before the film that makes 18 vehicles if they are still to come every month. How about waiting 3 months for the vehicles to cut back on money and space. But alas they company know it is a cash cow and will keep milking it for quite a while yet, as long as us fans keep dipping into our pockets to pay for them.
    It is a bit like the pringle advert - once you start you cant stop !!
    Got mine as well on Thursday, though missed the delivery by five minutes so had to go to the sorting office to collect them! X(

With 15 more to go it seems there'll be nothing Skyfall until the end of the year and issue 131 at least. Should that much for 150 issues in total then? They can't take this to 2014 if Bond 24 comes out then, can they?...
    i can see it going higher because the list we have to 130 only contains Dalton, Connery, and Moore models? I can think of a few already from the missing actors and with the models from skyfall still to come? I think 150 is possible?
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    i can see it going higher because the list we have to 130 only contains Dalton, Connery, and Moore models

So far though, we have had cars from every film.

Here's a talley to see the ratio from every film:

1. 7
    2. 2
    3. 9
    4. 5
    5. 2 (Gift 1)
    6. 6
    7. 5
    8. 6
    9. 4
    10. 5
    11. 4
    12. 5
    13. 8
    14. 5 (Gift 2)
    15. 6
    16. 2
    17. 5 (Gift 3)
    18. 3
    19. 5
    20. 7
    21. 7
    22. 9

As of the current issue 117.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,686
    Samuel001 wrote:
    They can't take this to 2014 if Bond 24 comes out then, can they?...

Don't give them ideas... ;)
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    I think we all know what they're taking already!
    The above list shows we need a lot more cars from From Russia With Love, You Only Live Twice, Licence To Kill and Tomorrow Never Dies!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    They can't take this to 2014 if Bond 24 comes out then, can they?...

Don't give them ideas... ;)

It genuinely concerns me though. They'll be some barrel scraping done if it happens.
    They have already scraped the barrel a number of times unfortunately! I am sure they will be more than happy to do it again!
    If you look at the proposed list of upcoming models, you will see that the majority of them are either Mercedes-Benz or Russian/Eastern European vehicles. This indicates they are using castings from Ixo's back catalogue; that were previously used in the Legend of Mercedes-Benz and Soviet Era Cars partworks.
    Does not sound promising does it? This is why the collection will go higher than 130 IMHO. Its like they are biding their time for Skyfall and sadly, potentially Bond 24? But i find it so annoying that there are far better models out there to produced that i am sure that we can all think of!

We should do a group mail to De Agostini showing them the models that are just begging to be done!
    It is getting a bit desperate, they are getting down to cars that Bond walked past in the street. The only car I can think of that had a fairly substantial role that hasn't been modelled yet is the Ford Mondeo saloon that he rented in Quantum of Solace. There is also some scope for more Mini Mokes, as these were often used in the villains' headquarters, often towing trailers loaded with personnel.
    There is also the Digger truck he used in the PTS! But want Bond on the model! There is a few! Heller's tank from LTK, Bus from LALD, even the Fire engine from AVTAK! i'm sure there are others here could suggest a few more.

This is why its so depressing!
    I personally can't see the double decker bus being modelled, simply because buses in 1/43 scale are massive and would work out too expensive... unless it was sold as higher priced supplementary issue, as is done with several other partworks.

I'd like to see the Saab and the Bentley Mulsanne that were used in the John Gardner novels, although I doubt that De Agostini will bother with anything that wasn't in the official films, which includes any of the vehicles in Never Say Never Again.
    They could shrink the size of the bus like they did with the Moonbuggy? Think you are right in producing offical models only though.
    Corgi made a model of the double decker bus and the petrol tanket, but they were in 1/64 scale. Corgi also did an American Lafrance ladder fire engine, but it was an older model than the one used an AVTAK; it was about 1/50 scale. But it doesn't matter if Corgi made them, as Corgi won't do partworks. A few years ago they refused an offer to do a partwork of Classic British Cars.

I seriously doubt that Ixo or Universal Hobbies will tool up such large and complex models like the AEC Bus or the fire engine, as they will cost more than the cover price of the magazine.
    With the fantastic footage we have had today? Is anyone here worried about the 3 different Police cars and Van that we will now get in the collection? ;)
    Next edition! Mercedes - Benz 220s from Goldfinger!