James Bond Car Collection

Comments

Ah! One I've been expecting for a long time! At least, one car that has an important part in the movie it's featured in. Good, things are starting to look up.
    lol! careful they maybe watching and decide on some more naff ones! ;) I bet we get an extension to the collection to accommodate Skyfall models!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Gerard wrote:
    Received last friday issue 116 of the James Bond Car Collection: the Lada Niva. Didn't( expect it to be so small. Nice little model, though. The next model, the Mercedes from GF, is one of the most interesting cars in a long while.

What's the Goldfinger car @Gerard?
    The Mercedes 220S that chases Bond around and inside the factory in Switzerland. An important model, I think we can all agree on that.
    Great car indeed. Finally one I'm really looking forward to.
    Have any UK subscribers received issues 116 and 117 yet?
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Samuel001 wrote:

I was just thinking today that it's been ages since I got my last delivery. I had to check, it was end of January. Still waiting on 116 and 117. Can't even remember what they are supposed to be.
    Chevron wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I was just thinking today that it's been ages since I got my last delivery. I had to check, it was end of January. Still waiting on 116 and 117. Can't even remember what they are supposed to be.

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one still waiting!

The cars are the Lada Niva and Mercedes-Benz 220S, from The World Is Not Enough and Goldfinger respectively.
    Still awaiting, yet again another slip up by the company and treating us collectors like second class citizans - Is it not about time they say a big thankyou to us all by issuing a special edition model. One they can not put in a case like the tanker from LTK or bus from LALD??
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I do agree. The initial subscription gifts were great but they were so long ago now, from 2007. More would be welcome. Afterall the only plus of getting them delivered to our doors has gotten old.

I may email them and see what GE Fabbri have to say.
    Ixo has announced models of a Ford Ranch Wagon and a Chevrolet Pick-up as part of their Premium-X range. So it looks like we will be seeing two more vehicles out of From Russia With Love; the station wagon used by Kerim Bey to drive to the Gipsy camp, and the pick-up that Bond escapes from the train in.

Have a look at the Ixo Premium-X catalogue, they are the two last items on the list. Can you see any other castings they could use for Bond?

http://www.premiumx-models.com/images/stories/PremiumX-Catalogue-2012.pdf
    Well i am expecting 117 next wednesday guys so hopefully you will recieve your models shortly too?
    Ok, it does look like they're gonna drag this thing out until Skyfall at least. Stations wagons are fine. Pick ups are fine. Taxis are fine. Sort of.

But give us the Kenworth tanker truck already!!!

But give us the Kenworth tanker truck already!!![/quote]

Have you seen the size of a Kenworth Tanker in 1/43 scale...? They're huge, and they cost about £50.
    They could scale it down like they did with the moonbuggy and also without the trailor attached? So a case the size of the Bondolar should be appropiate perhaps? I am hoping for the double decker bus after its gone under the bridge from LALD by doing this too?
    Received 117 today! Thought figures in car had returned as there are crates in the diorama, sadly there are not!

Car 118 is the LADA VAZ 2105 which was the Czechoslovakia Secret Police car from The Living Daylights
    116 and 117 arrived yesterday.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Chevron wrote:

Same. That took a while but they came.

At this rate the final issue (130) will arrive in October. I can't see it ending there.

1. 7
    2. 2
    3. 9
    4. 5
    5. 2 (Gift 1)
    6. 6
    7. 5
    8. 6
    9. 4
    10. 5
    11. 4
    12. 5
    13. 8
    14. 5 (Gift 2)
    15. 6
    16. 2
    17. 5 (Gift 3)
    18. 3
    19. 5
    20. 7
    21. 7
    22. 9

As of the current issue 117.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Chevron wrote:

Same. That took a while but they came.

At this rate the final issue (130) will arrive in October. I can't see it ending there.

1. 7
    2. 2
    3. 9
    4. 5
    5. 2 (Gift 1)
    6. 6
    7. 5
    8. 6
    9. 4
    10. 5
    11. 4
    12. 5
    13. 8
    14. 5 (Gift 2)
    15. 6
    16. 2
    17. 5 (Gift 3)
    18. 3
    19. 5
    20. 7
    21. 7
    22. 9

As of the current issue 117.

Without a doubt it will continue samuel. They certainly have form for extending the collection! Especially with a new movie full of cars.....etc.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Received 116 & 117 on Saturday. The Lada Niva was damaged - it was detached from the base and rattling around in the display case on it's roof. I phoned Fabbri on Monday and received a replacement today. Vexed as I am with 'em for constantly increasing the size of the collection and padding it out with any old cars they happen to be overstocked with, I certainly can't complain about their service where faulty items are concerned. (And this is only the 2nd damaged model I've received. The other 115 have been fine.)
    have recieved 118 today! Believe it or not? They have put a figure behind the wheel of this model! Shock horror! Is someone listening to us for once regarding figures in the models? If they are? Now produce some more memorable models!!!!!!!!!

Issue 119 is the Lincoln Continental Limousine, which is the funeral car at the start of Thunderball. The stretched Limo is the one that Jacque Bouval gets in disguised as his fake widow at his fake funeral.
    Well, things are starting to improve. I really want that Lincoln. And the addition of a figure for the Lada is good news. Trouble is, I haven't received issue 117 yet. I'll have to contact Chris as to the reason why.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,808
    All right, I received issue 117. And 118. Reason why the Mercedes failed to appear is that my seller sent it to my old address (yes, I've moved, in a bigger appartment (which allows me to display my cars in the same room), and also closer to work (I walk 25 minutes, instead of losing one hour by train and by bus, like before).

The Mercedes was a bit disappointing: it's the first time I've seen the diorama hide the car ! On the other hand, the Lada was fine, especially with the Czech heavy at the wheel. 18 issues we've waited for the return of a figurine in a car. Let's hope there will be others.

And given What I've seen on the "Automobile Pratique" forum, I can't wait for that Lincoln !

http://club.caradisiac.com/pikkpikk/divers-742/photo/lincoln_thunderball-1990899.html
    Gerard wrote:
    All right, I received issue 117. And 118. Reason why the Mercedes failed to appear is that my seller sent it to my old address (yes, I've moved, in a bigger appartment (which allows me to display my cars in the same room), and also closer to work (I walk 25 minutes, instead of losing one hour by train and by bus, like before).

The Mercedes was a bit disappointing: it's the first time I've seen the diorama hide the car ! On the other hand, the Lada was fine, especially with the Czech heavy at the wheel. 18 issues we've waited for the return of a figurine in a car. Let's hope there will be others.

And given What I've seen on the "Automobile Pratique" forum, I can't wait for that Lincoln !

http://club.caradisiac.com/pikkpikk/divers-742/photo/lincoln_thunderball-1990899.html

nice one on the pic my friend! Must be in a larger case looking at that pic! :-bd
    It's been over a month. 118 and 119 should arrive soon.

Thanks for the pictures @Gerard.
    Accordng to my sources, issue 120 should be Locque's Mercedes from FYEO. Another car I'm waiting for. In fact, I've waited for it since the beginning. Note that, for the time being, it is still not official, so take that bit of news with a grain of salt.
    Gerard wrote:
    Accordng to my sources, issue 120 should be Locque's Mercedes from FYEO. Another car I'm waiting for. In fact, I've waited for it since the beginning. Note that, for the time being, it is still not official, so take that bit of news with a grain of salt.

Hopefully a figure of him will be in the car, hanging over a cliff! :D If your source is right? Ask him or her when the collection will be extended again? ;)
    One user of the forum I use to frequent (Automobile Pratique) received issue 119 by an online seller, and confirmed issue 120 would be Locque's Mercedes. His seller also told him that the collection would be extended to 150 issues. However, I would take that last bit of news with a grain of salt, because it's not officially confirmed by Fabbri/Eaglemoss. Anyway, maybe we could start to make a list of cars that we would like to see. I have a few ideas.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Better image found on a dutch forum:

KGr_Hq_JHJBg_E_QZu_BJg_BPnu_Wvofqw_60_12.jpg
    Gerard wrote:
    One user of the forum I use to frequent (Automobile Pratique) received issue 119 by an online seller, and confirmed issue 120 would be Locque's Mercedes. His seller also told him that the collection would be extended to 150 issues. However, I would take that last bit of news with a grain of salt, because it's not officially confirmed by Fabbri/Eaglemoss. Anyway, maybe we could start to make a list of cars that we would like to see. I have a few ideas.

Absolutely! I bet between all of us on here we could come up with quite a list indeed!