Take Bond Away from Activision

Comments

Excellent point @JamesPage. It's anyone's guess as of now
  • oo7oo7
    would seem this thread has served its purpose,
    the future of publication would be better suited here
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3042/bonds-gaming-futurenews-speculation-discussion/p4#Item_92
  • AliAli
    edited January 2013 Posts: 319
    JamesPage wrote:

Don't forget that half the rights are MGM's. If they have a sweet deal with Sony, having a solid PS3/4 exclusive that's well marketed would make a lot more $$$ than a cross platform flop like Blood Stone or Legends.

Sony own MGM as well as Columbia. All part of Sony Pictures Entertainment. If they want it, they can have it, and not worry about high licensing costs.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Ali wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:

Don't forget that half the rights are MGM's. If they have a sweet deal with Sony, having a solid PS3/4 exclusive that's well marketed would make a lot more $$$ than a cross platform flop like Blood Stone or Legends.

Sony own MGM as well as Columbia. All part of Sony Pictures Entertainment. If they want it, they can have it, and not worry about high licensing costs.

Yes but I don't want James Bond game becoming a Playstation exclusive, that wouldn't be fair. That would be like Mass Effect 2 and 3 on Xbox 360 only not on PS, or Bayonetta 2 on Wii U now. Come on, I prefer everybody with different console to have Bond game. Also I remember reading about Goldeneye N64 getting a HD remake, then you might want to blame Nintendo for not releasing the HD version on XBLA and Virtual console:

http://www.wiiuonly.com/2012/08/why-did-nintendo-prevent-release-of.html

I prefer if Bond games are avaliable on all console, not on one console not to cause any anger on 360 and Nintendo console owners.

• If they finally make a good Bond game after years of waiting then only have it on Playstation I'll be just as pissed off as I was with Legends.

It's not fair on the rest of us.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    mdo007 wrote:
    Ali wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:

Yes but I don't want James Bond game becoming a Playstation exclusive, that wouldn't be fair. That would be like Mass Effect 2 and 3 on Xbox 360 only not on PS, or Bayonetta 2 on Wii U now. Come on, I prefer everybody with different console to have Bond game.

I'm actually quite surprised Mass Effect 2 and 3 weren't 360 exclusives, since 1 was until the Mass Effect Trilogy was released.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    If they finally make a good Bond game after years of waiting then only have it on Playstation I'll be just as pissed off as I was with Legends.

Exactly, I don't want Xbox and Nintendo being left out on the James Bond action. I don't want this becoming another Bayonetta 2 situation.

mdo007 wrote:
    Ali wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:

Yes but I don't want James Bond game becoming a Playstation exclusive, that wouldn't be fair. That would be like Mass Effect 2 and 3 on Xbox 360 only not on PS, or Bayonetta 2 on Wii U now. Come on, I prefer everybody with different console to have Bond game.

I'm actually quite surprised Mass Effect 2 and 3 weren't 360 exclusives, since 1 was until the Mass Effect Trilogy was released.

Now because of ME1 getting a PS3 port, a lot of Bayonetta fans are now questioning Bayonetta 2 on Wii U exclusive, they think the Wii U exclusive could be timed exclusive. Not only that, there's been speculation about Gears of War could end up on PS3:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/03/04/could-gears-of-war-end-up-on-ps3.aspx

http://www.1up.com/news/gears-of-war-ps3-epic-love

I don't mind Bond game as timed exclusive on PS3, but don't make it permanent on PS3. That'll piss off other people that don't own Playstation.

• JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Ali wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:

No. Sony do not own MGM. Don't you remember the bankruptcy deal of 2011?

I think some of your are forgetting that game developers and publishers are out for money, not what's "fair". It would be lovely to have Uncharted on 360 or Zelda on PS3, but that's just not happening.
  • AliAli
    Can they keep Gears Of War 360 exclusive please? Apart from the first game's online mode, I can't think of a game I less want to play. And they mucked up the online after a patch that made the walls stupidly sticky.
    What do you think the status of the Bond license is in gaming?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's up for grabs. You'd hope someone would pick it up in time for the next film but that seems doubtful.
    I've got $35.
    Everything with Bond seems to be going well except for the gaming rights. Hope EON settles this matter soon so we can get a game for a potential Bond 24 2014 release
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    That would be one rushed game. The next one should be released in 2015 or even with the film after Bond 24. That's if a publisher gets the licence.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That would be one rushed game. The next one should be released in 2015 or even with the film after Bond 24. That's if a publisher gets the licence.

Why can't the game based on 24 come out after the film? I see no rush, and if done right the game should sell well regardless, if the quality meets demand. It's a good thing that Activision have majorly lowered the bar recently!
    Good thinking, if you take GoldenEye 64 as an example, a game based on Bond 24 could be released in 2016 and still sell well. As long as the film itself and tie-in are good, this may be the best tactic to take, for all involved.
    I don't want a film adaption personally. It'd be ok but I prefer the games with original stories, that way I have a new Bond adventure to enjoy instead of one I've seen at the cinema.

We haven't had many of those games over the last few years. Surely it's not that hard to find a decent writer to come up with a new story?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't want a film adaption personally. It'd be ok but I prefer the games with original stories, that way I have a new Bond adventure to enjoy instead of one I've seen at the cinema.

We haven't had many of those games over the last few years. Surely it's not that hard to find a decent writer to come up with a new story?

Hell, just keep Bruce Feirstien around and tell him not to write cliffhangers (*cough*Blood Stone!*cough*). The man's done well enough with Bond game scripts.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I hope Bruce doesn't signs any more contracts to write game scripts/storylines. He does great, but Craptivision had just ruined all that he did.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I hope Bruce doesn't signs any more contracts to write game scripts/storylines. He does great, but Craptivision had just ruined all that he did.

He really isn't all that great from what I have seen. I want new blood for the game writers.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    He seems to have lost his touch since his Goldeneye days. I think his writing his been going downhill since then.

Tommorow Never Dies was fun but a step down from Goldeneye. Slick and enjoyable but way too much action.

I really like TWINE but that wasn't as good as Goldeneye either. I think it's a good movie but the script has some dodgy writing and a bland villian, although lots of that could be down to Purvis and Wade for all I know.

Everything or Nothing was fairly well written for what it was but the story was pretty stupid and OTT.

From Russia With Love was terrible and butchered the movie, it could've been a 007 Legends type disaster but it was saved by fun gameplay and the fact that they'd actually gotten Sean Connery.

Bloodstone was a convoluted mess of a story imo. A "who really cares?" plot about bio weapons or something, then it turns out Joss Stone is the baddy all along which Bond somehow figured out, and there's a cliff hanger ending?

He butchered his own film with Goldeneye on the Wii (and although I didn't play it, I'm assuming Reloaded). This was essentially 007 Legends part 1, they butchered GE before moving onto the other 6 movies. Lots of stupid changes that weren't needed here. This game stopped me from buying the future Bond games, which is probably a good thing considering what came next....

007 Legends. I've seen bits of this on Youtube and you have to wonder how much actual writing was involved in this. 6 Bond movies were butchered including LTK, my all time favourite. He deserves to be fired for this travesty.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    I have no idea what you guys r talking about but we shudnt ditch activision and i've had this idea for years that they shud do one like legends but wiv all the films or eras like sean connery/George Lazenby era and roger moore/timothy dalton era and pierce brosnan/daniel craig era think about it'll be cool like all adventures and if they were in legends make them shorter and if they already r a game make them shorter its a great idea
    and also if they do ditch activision what wud u guys want it to be as i said before i have no idea wat we're talking about
    Okay, what do you mean "if"? They already did.
    samainsy wrote:
    I have no idea what you guys r talking about but we shudnt ditch activision

They already did <:-P
  • oo7oo7
    indeed, this threads as useful as bond 23 directors speculations now....
    If they finally make a good Bond game after years of waiting then only have it on Playstation I'll be just as pissed off as I was with Legends.

Yes ladxbox 360 is better than the Playstation 3.

samainsy wrote:
    I have no idea what you guys r talking about but we shudnt ditch activision

They already did <:-P
    AAAAAAhhhhhhhh who do we have now? :(

Okay, what do you mean "if"? They already did.
    I didnt know we ditched them.