SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    if the script is being written, and they are searching for a director now.. then a holiday 2014 release has to still be the plan... you don't hire a director now, and go through a year and a half of pre-production, to then start filming in 2015.. doesn't make sense..

right now, their time table is following one of a 2014 release.. they'll announce the director within the next couple months - from then til the end of the year he'll be busy with preproduction (tweeking the script with Logan, meeting casting agents, location scouting, production designers, cinematographers, etc etc).. we'll probably get a casting update and presser come November, and then production will most likely begin in January..
    What's the story with the 2016 release date the papers were talking about???
    are we now going to have 4 year gaps between each Bond???
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 9,771
    HASEROT wrote:
    if the script is being written, and they are searching for a director now.. then a holiday 2014 release has to still be the plan... you don't hire a director now, and go through a year and a half of pre-production, to then start filming in 2015.. doesn't make sense..

right now, their time table is following one of a 2014 release.. they'll announce the director within the next couple months - from then til the end of the year he'll be busy with preproduction (tweeking the script with Logan, meeting casting agents, location scouting, production designers, cinematographers, etc etc).. we'll probably get a casting update and presser come November, and then production will most likely begin in January..

I have tried to edit Imdb because Haserot's time frame makes the most sense but thus far my edits haven't gone through sigh
    That's rubbish, it just means that MGM are on track and that we'll get Bond way before then. And everything on IMDB has to be taken with a truck load of salt!
  • I think Tom Hooper may be out. He's apparently circling a Freddie Mercury biopic with Sacha Baron Cohen.
    I think Tom Hooper may be out. He's apparently circling a Freddie Mercury biopic with Sacha Baron Cohen.

your probably right
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    That's rubbish, it just means that MGM are on track and that we'll get Bond way before then. And everything on IMDB has to be taken with a truck load of salt!

Money talks and you know what walks. With the success of SF, EON will move Heaven and Earth to get this out in a reasonable time frame. They won't sacrifice quality for speed, tho.
    [
    Well I hope 2014 or 2015 but IMDB put the year 2016 that when Daniel Craig will be 48. It should be up 2015. What Eon doing? I first hoping 2014 next year then Daniel Craig can reprise his 007 role for Bond 25 in 2016 his ten Anniversary of his playing the role.
    You lot should look at IMDB web log Bond 24 it got all the complete cast in Ben Whishaw, Ralph Fiennes, Naomi Harries. What it all says.
    [/quote]

anyone can go in and change an IMDB page - and as long as they have what very little evidence to back up their changes, the IMDB mods will change it... this happens regularly, and IMDB is not to be 100% trusted when it comes to news.. the pages for films can be edited almost like Wikipedia.... so use caution..

[/quote]
    Haserot I hope you right. You how it affect me.
    OMG i felt lots of excitement again about upcoming official announcements! \m/ 8-}
    Ok lets recap Assuming the 2014 date is legit

Guy Ritchie is out due to man from uncle and Sherlock Holmes 3
    Chris Nolan is out due to Interstellar
    Tom Hooper MIGHT be out due to Freddy Mercury bio-pic

So who is left?
    Boyle Has said no a million times so maybe but possibly not
    Gilroy Available and maybe
    Wyatt we know might do it.

Any ideas.

I think it's Boyle. For someone to say they don't want to handle the size of a Bond film to organize the entire opening Olympic ceremony, including a Bond bit, just seems daft.

Fair point, no?
    i think it might be boyle as well. didn't sam say he is not directing SF at some point? also the eve being monepenny bit was weired. i guess we will know soon enough. Danny boy will be fully involved come Nov on bond 24 after his stage stint ... which lines us up nicely for Nov 2014! so what movies that are scheduled for a Nov release currently are going to tuck their tail inbetween their legs and move for bond?
    I hope it's not Boyle. Can't stand the man personally. Yes, the opening ceremony was fantastic, but that doesn't mean that he's right for Bond. He's a British guy turned Hollywood luvvie and everybody thinks they know him now.

At least he's not Ken Roach.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I really hope it's Boyle. He's a fantastic director that I'm reckon could do a good Bond film.
    Just changed the title to suggest Mendes may be credited in Bond 24. Thinking.. if is involved somehow in the plot, as previously rumored, then won't he have to be credited? Perhaps he may even get an Associate Producer or Creative Adviser credit?

To what level is his involvement with the Bond franchise now that he's not directing? The producers clearly want to keep him around and respect his opinions on their work.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Just changed the title to suggest Mendes may be credited in Bond 24. Thinking.. if is involved somehow in the plot, as previously rumored, then won't he have to be credited?

Nah. There's a LONG history of uncredited writers on Bond films, from the supposed 12 writers who worked on TSWLM to Nicholas Meyer and Dan Petrie on TND. The WGA sorts out who deserves credit. I doubt Mendes would care enough to pursue a credit, and I assume his contributions to the final product are pretty negligible, this early in production.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Perhaps he may even get an Associate Producer or Creative Adviser credit?

A producer credit is really unlikely. It seems that those only go to loyal soldiers like Callum MacDougall, etc. - members of the Bond "family," not big-name filmmakers.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    To what level is his involvement with the Bond franchise now that he's not directing? The producers clearly want to keep him around and respect his opinions on their work.

They do obviously value his input, but if he's not behind the camera, I don't think there's any perceived benefit to having him around. From their perspective, they know their franchise as well as anyone. If he's not the director, I don't think there's really a place for him.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I wouldn't mind Q out in the field, it's happened before, as long as he wasn't a big part of the mission/plot itself.

Him being abroard would be fine and him flying somewhere with Bond would probably be pretty funny.

I agree. Especially if they could work some humor into his being in the field (clearly not his area of experience or expertise). May work well, including his repartee with Bond.
    Mendes wouldn't get a credit I don't think.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Mendes wouldn't get a credit I don't think.

Well if he created the major plot with Logan as rumored.. it'd be immoral to leave him out, no?
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 9,771
    true but when a Director comes he could change the idea so Mendes's imput is gone plus Wilson wrote Quantum of Solace and got no story credit.
    Risico007 wrote:
    true but when a Director comes he could change the idea so Mendes's imput is gone plus Wilson wrote Quantum of Solace and got no story credit.

Wilson, Craig, Forster all wrote Quantum, including P&W, Haggis, and some guy they brought on to write daily dialogue with input from all of the actors. So... no one should have really gotten a story credit for that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:

That depends on how much the script changes, which it very well could during films of this scale.

Now we are saying MGW wrote QoS? I thought P&W, Craig and Forster did?!?!
    Risico007 wrote:

That depends on how much the script changes, which it very well could during films of this scale.

Now we are saying MGW wrote QoS? I thought P&W, Craig and Forster did?!?!

Wilson wrote a treatment for bond 22 called Quantum of Solace based on stealing of a fresh water area. and that is all that survived to the film the basic plot and title
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 55
    A "story by" credit doesn't literally mean "someone who came up with the story." In most cases, it refers to someone who was the primary writer on the project, then was replaced and his work was substantially rewritten by later writers (i.e., Michael France on GE). See Wikipedia's explanation.

If Mendes and Logan wrote a formal treatment together with both their names on it, and substantial material from that treatment survives to the screen, there's an outside chance that Mendes might get a credit. But I would bet money against it.
    Well how about a 'Special Thanks' just rolled into the credits?
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Well how about a 'Special Thanks' just rolled into the credits?

That is certainly a possibility.
    http://www.latinospost.com/articles/15975/20130405/james-bond-24-news-update-christopher-nolan-joe-wright-alfonso.htm

posting it on both bond 24 director boards

So the list rumored by the site is
    Ryan Wyatt
    Chris Nolan
    Alfonso Cuaron
    David Yates
    Joe Wright

thoughts about the list.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sorry, but who is Ryan Wyatt? Christopher Nolan is out due to 'Interstellar,' Alfonso Cuaron could be good - he's completed 'Gravity' - but I believe he already has a few films in the works, I've never seen any of David Yates' work, and I'm pretty sure he's rumored for 'Tarzan.' My best bet is Joe Wright, as he's a lot like Mendes, to me.
    If Chistopher Nolan directs I quit the series!
    It will be the first Bond movie since LTK I do NOT see in the theatres.
    And I will NOT buy the Blu Ray.
    Life's simply too short. His Batman movies are made with ZERO art and ZERO skill. The camerawork a mess. The background extras are all terrible... "British hardmen" fresh from the nearest gym or local chippie. Gotham City? Come on now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If Chistopher Nolan directs I quit the series!
    It will be the first Bond movie since LTK I do NOT see in the theatres.
    And I will NOT buy the Blu Ray.
    Life's simply too short. His Batman movies are made with ZERO art and ZERO skill. The camerawork a mess. The background extras are all terrible... "British hardmen" fresh from the nearest gym or local chippie. Gotham City? Come on now.

In your case, life's too short to quit a beloved film series because of one unconfirmed (and highly unlikely) director in an unreleased film.