Skyfall: Billion Dollar Bond

Comments

• edited February 2013 Posts: 11,119
    Okay, let's compare 'The Dark Knight' with 'Skyfall' and their Chinese grosses (Thanks to @Suivez_ce_parachute wunderful introduction to Entgroup.cn) :

'The Dark Knight Rises' (average ticket price during its run plusminus $6.10):
    after 07 screening days: $34.21 Million (02nd place after 'The Amazing Spiderman')
    after 14 screening days: $45.27 Million (+ $11.06 Million, 03rd place overall)
    after 21 screening days: $51.26 Million (+ $05.99 Million, 03rd place overall)
    after 28 screening days: $54.58 Million (+ $03.32 Million, 04th place overall)
    after 35 screening days: $55.42 Million (+ $00.84 Million, 09th place overall)
    after 42 screening days: $55.89 Million (+ $00.47 Million, 12th place overall)

'Skyfall' (average ticket price during its run plusminus $5.60):
    after 07 screening days: $34.51 Million (01st place overall)
    after 14 screening days: $50.88 Million (+ $15.98 Million, 01st place overall)

I think, so far, 'Skyfall' is doing a pretty damn good showing there. It has got a stronger holdover in China than 'The Dark Knight Rises'. Perhaps because the Chinese locations in 'Skyfall'? Anyway, add another $17.00 Million until the end of its run in China, and we're close to $68.00 Million. That could result in an astonishing worldwide gross for 'Skyfall' full of 1's: $1,111,111,111 :-D! Let's see.......

I know now that 'Life Of Pi' ended up very big in China. But do not forget that...:
    a) 'Life Of Pi' was seen as a true Asian movie. Ang Lee is a director who was born in Taiwan (Chinese Taipeih), so he has got a certain fanbase in China. James Bond however is still a brand that can grow bigger. Remember, the Chinese are not that well acqainted with Bond, as it was already there during the Mao-regime. In all other nations across the globe Bond can rely on a more or less fixed fanbase.
    b) 'Life Of Pi' is visually an amazing film. It's 3D effects are truly astonishing. Like 'Avatar' they were important for the entire plot as well. Chinese love colorfull, visually breathtaking films. Compared to traditional western cinema visitors, the Chinese tend to go to cinema a bit more for reasons of escapism. Which is understandable taking into account the political background. Having said that, the realism of 'Skyfall' might be a bit too realistic.

Having said that, you could perhaps say that 'Skyfall' is an almost perfect success, but upcoming Bond films now have an even better chance doing better than 'Skyfall'.
    Yes i know why Life of Pi was a success was just saying it was pulled from the Chinese market very quick considering it's huge run top 5 of 2012 could of gone higher as well had amazing WOM. TDKR under perform so much in China possibly due to spiderman and also it was very dark this effected it's gross w.w i feel compared to huge expectations IMO. Why is Skyfall less then TDKR in ticket price maybe because it's more widely available as even in 6 months the Chinese market expanded quiet a lot. I think Skyfall should minimum expect $12 mil more from China.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Having said that, the realism of 'Skyfall' might be a bit too realistic.

Of course.

Bond trying to get his mojo back while also saving his boss from a flamoyant, OTT possible bisexual genius hacker villian who has an insanely complex plan perfected to the very last detail (he even planted explosives in case he was followed) which eventually climaxes in him shooting up a courthouse.

Along the way Bond will sleep with a former sex slave, escapes goons by stepping on a komodo dragon, take M to his childhood home where there is a huge battle where he takes out tons of henchmen, with Silva even playing music from his attack helicopter ala Apocalypse now. Bond also has a 1964 Aston Martin DB5 fitted with machine guns and an ejector seat as his personal car.

Yes, Skyfall is the height of realism. Perhaps the most realistic film of all time.

EDIT: To be clear I'm not criticising the film, there's really no such thing as a realistic Bond film. I'm just saying it's not really very realistic at all.
    Silva hardly planted explosives in case he was followed, but I suppose that fits into your line of thinking. ;) Also... well, all that has been discussed elsewhere, and this isn't the place, anyway, so I'll leave it there. :)
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Tuulia wrote:
    Silva hardly planted explosives in case he was followed

So he just blew up the tunnel for the hell of it then?

Well actually as somebody else on here said, maybe he did it to distract emergency services, but it seemed like it was meant in case somebody followed him. He even said the train was for Bond, although maybe he was just saying that because he knew it was coming.

Either way his plan is extremely elaborate and also needlessly complicated if all he wanted to do was shoot her.
    Great to see the overall Box office takings rise even higher! :-bd
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Congrats to Skyfall for surpassing TDKR. I'm glad both IGN.com and Super Hero Hype sites are acknowledging this success.
    I think its safe to say now that TB and SF are the 2 most successful films in the franchise, and trying to decipher which one was bigger at the BO is pointless, as we'll never really know the true answer, only speculation.

I don't really think there is that much in it between both films anyway. The figures look pretty close from the estimates, and yes, you can factor in new BO regions for SF, but then you also have to allow for online downloads, piracy and Blu Rays, which was not around in 1965, so people had to go to the cinema to see TB...with SF there is always alternative means to see the film.

Given all that, the history records will now state TB and SF are the two most successful films in the franchise, adjusted for inflation.

I think its time to party!!!! \:D/
  • I think its safe to say now that TB and SF are the 2 most successful films in the franchise, and trying to decipher which one was bigger at the BO is pointless, as we'll never really know the true answer, only speculation.

I don't really think there is that much in it between both films anyway. The figures look pretty close from the estimates, and yes, you can factor in new BO regions for SF, but then you also have to allow for online downloads, piracy and Blu Rays, which was not around in 1965, so people had to go to the cinema to see TB...with SF there is always alternative means to see the film.

Given all that, the history records will now state TB and SF are the two most successful films in the franchise, adjusted for inflation.

I think its time to party!!!! \:D/

I completely agree :-).

Also take into account that nowadays blu-ray and DVD sales are not part of the box office gross. One could question this, as most families have their own Home Cine Sets, including a mega LED screen, blu-ray home cinema sets and 3D glasses...

If you take this into account.....'Skyfall' would most certainly the biggest film of the franchise.
  • Having said that, the realism of 'Skyfall' might be a bit too realistic.

Of course.

Bond trying to get his mojo back while also saving his boss from a flamoyant, OTT possible bisexual genius hacker villian who has an insanely complex plan perfected to the very last detail (he even planted explosives in case he was followed) which eventually climaxes in him shooting up a courthouse.

Along the way Bond will sleep with a former sex slave, escapes goons by stepping on a komodo dragon, take M to his childhood home where there is a huge battle where he takes out tons of henchmen, with Silva even playing music from his attack helicopter ala Apocalypse now. Bond also has a 1964 Aston Martin DB5 fitted with machine guns and an ejector seat as his personal car.

Yes, Skyfall is the height of realism. Perhaps the most realistic film of all time.

EDIT: To be clear I'm not criticising the film, there's really no such thing as a realistic Bond film. I'm just saying it's not really very realistic at all.

You know I'm talking about tone and style.

With your comments, every Bond films is camp and cheesy and an example of true fun escapism.

Fact is, compared to movies like visually breathtaking movies like 'Spiderman', 'Avengers' and 'Life Of Pi', James Bond in 'Skyfall' suddenly looks way more realistic.

And that's not what cinema audience in China is truly looking for. A guess a Bond film like 'Die Another Day' might have done a bit better.....
    Having said that, the realism of 'Skyfall' might be a bit too realistic.

Of course.

You know I'm talking about tone and style.

With your comments, every Bond films is camp and cheesy and an example of true fun escapism.

Fact is, compared to movies like visually breathtaking movies like 'Spiderman', 'Avengers' and 'Life Of Pi', James Bond in 'Skyfall' suddenly looks way more realistic.

And that's not what cinema audience in China is truly looking for. A guess a Bond film like 'Die Another Day' might have done a bit better.....

Lol probably true die another day would of done better in China it's more there cup of tea. Apparently Skyfall is up to $55 mil in China as of wednesday but has fallen to 2nd place behind Cloud Atlas no shame in that apparently it's a great movie.
  • With your comments, every Bond films is camp and cheesy and an example of true fun escapism

There's a difference between unrealistic and camp/cheesey. There's also a difference between realistic and serious.

Skyfall had a fairly serious tone but the plot, like most Bond movies, was very unrealistic.
  • I'm reading 'The James Bond 007 Archives' from Taschen. Lovely big coffeetable book. I'm now at the chapter with 'Thunderball'. It's truly amazing what this movie did for the Bond franchise and for cinema on the whole. Also get warmhearted feelings from the very pleasant atmosphere on the Thunderball-set.

This alone makes me realize that now also 'Skyfall' has become a truly magnificent cinematic milestone. I'm....still amazed about what 'Skyfall' did in cinema. I'd like to think that the late Cubby, Fleming and Saltzman would look back on the Skyfall-crew with absolute delight. 'Skyfall' is truly the 'Thunderball' of our lifetime....
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Compared to traditional western cinema visitors, the Chinese tend to go to cinema a bit more for reasons of escapism.

Gee... You may not notice it but you're part of those here whose writings about Chinese people sweat from cliches about brainwashed citizens who just could not stand anything that may be "too political" for them.

Also, look at the US box office of 2012, I think there's only "Lincoln" in the top #30 that would qualify as something you go to see for reasons having nothing to do with escapism.

Ok, should we conclude that US citizens are really looking for escapism to forget the fact they live in a country with death penalty still being used, or any other similar black and white "analysis" that seems ok for China "only" but that actually could qualify for many other countries (and still be wrong...) ?

Finally, I did post the images showing the notes of the movies by online users there. Votes are in hundred of millions. SF rates HIGHER than Jackie Chan's last outing, which looks like pure fun though, so forget your explanation. You stick to the alleged bad "word of mouth" of the early reports that were just lousy reporting. The first viewings were SOLD OUT there, I reported that fact here in the hours before the actual release, so there ARE Bond fans there, believe it or not :)

PS htall about the 4 weeks for SF : Remember Fake seems knowledgeable indeed, but does not live at all in China. He claims to be a worldwide box office expert actually :) I think that the way he gives you an answer so definitive and yet with zero source, tells you a lot about all these "experts". So, AFAIK, SF maybe there 2 weeks again, or 3, or even 4, or even 1, nobody knows yet I think. FYI, some Chinese movies, like the one describring the famine of 1942 ("escapism" oh well), was released for 8 weeks.

PPS : Funny that for TB the same people that said one should not take into account the re-releases and the double-bills that made TB's figures bigger than they actually were (yes, you had several opportunities to see some movies "after" they were "released"), they claim, are now explaining Blu-Rays should count for SF to have the "true picture" ! Ok, let's compute the adjusted inflation earnings of the ads that were ran during each broadcast of Thunderball everywhere in the world. Hm... that sounds fun.

Well, for every biased explanation for "SF #1", I can give you one biased for "TB #1" I think. The fact that using pounds as the currency instead of the dollar make TB ahead of SF by a nice margin is quite a strong one actually, I saw no one attempting to counter it here despite all the heat.

I don't think enough people realize the value of the dollar with respect to the other currencies is the first factor you're actually looking at when you're looking at these worldwide lists over so many years (the same Japanese ticket means twice more dollars now that a few years ago for instance). And if the trend continues, these lists will be wiped out months after months. Soon the worldwide box office of a Bond movie may have more Euros than Dollars, and adding both of them may only account for half of the whole...

Hey, in your "inflations adjusted" list, SF is a "flop" in the US compared to GF/TB, it did only half of them, that's another proof US needs escapism no ? ;) [ok that's provocation, but the silence about US adjusted all time list is quite telling IMO, even though it's so less meaningless than the worldwide one, at least dollar IS their currency, so "dollar inflation adjusted" here means at least something coherent]

So really the key word about all this is "meaningless" I think and not "meaningless BUT SF is #1" ! Remember no Batman fans bother to list Batman movies by dollar inflation adjusted worldwide mumbo jumbo, and yet Nolanites on forum are considered near mental illness by many ! Here I feel one could read "Did Burton first movie did better or less than Nolan's first ?" for weeks :)
  • Compared to traditional western cinema visitors, the Chinese tend to go to cinema a bit more for reasons of escapism.

Gee... You may not notice it but you're part of those here whose writings about Chinese people sweat from cliches about brainwashed citizens who just could not stand anything that may be "too political" for them.

Also, look at the US box office of 2012, I think there's only "Lincoln" in the top #30 that would qualify as something you go to see for reasons having nothing to do with escapism.

Ok, should we conclude that US citizens are really looking for escapism to forget the fact they live in a country with death penalty still being used, or any other similar black and white "analysis" that seems ok for China "only" but that actually could qualify for many other countries (and still be wrong...) ?

Finally, I did post the images showing the notes of the movies by online users there. Votes are in hundred of millions. SF rates HIGHER than Jackie Chan's last outing, which looks like pure fun though, so forget your explanation. You stick to the alleged bad "word of mouth" of the early reports that were just lousy reporting. The first viewings were SOLD OUT there, I reported that fact here in the hours before the actual release, so there ARE Bond fans there, believe it or not :)

PS htall about the 4 weeks for SF : Remember Fake seems knowledgeable indeed, but does not live at all in China. He claims to be a worldwide box office expert actually :) I think that the way he gives you an answer so definitive and yet with zero source, tells you a lot about all these "experts". So, AFAIK, SF maybe there 2 weeks again, or 3, or even 4, or even 1, nobody knows yet I think. FYI, some Chinese movies, like the one describring the famine of 1942 ("escapism" oh well), was released for 8 weeks.

PPS : Funny that for TB the same people that said one should not take into account the re-releases and the double-bills that made TB's figures bigger than they actually were (yes, you had several opportunities to see some movies "after" they were "released"), they claim, are now explaining Blu-Rays should count for SF to have the "true picture" ! Ok, let's compute the adjusted inflation earnings of the ads that were ran during each broadcast of Thunderball everywhere in the world. Hm... that sounds fun.

Well, for every biased explanation for "SF #1", I can give you one biased for "TB #1" I think. The fact that using pounds as the currency instead of the dollar make TB ahead of SF by a nice margin is quite a strong one actually, I saw no one attempting to counter it here despite all the heat.

I don't think enough people realize the value of the dollar with respect to the other currencies is the first factor you're actually looking at when you're looking at these worldwide lists over so many years (the same Japanese ticket means twice more dollars now that a few years ago for instance). And if the trend continues, these lists will be wiped out months after months. Soon the worldwide box office of a Bond movie may have more Euros than Dollars, and adding both of them may only account for half of the whole...

Hey, in your "inflations adjusted" list, SF is a "flop" in the US compared to GF/TB, it did only half of them, that's another proof US needs escapism no ? ;) [ok that's provocation, but the silence about US adjusted all time list is quite telling IMO, even though it's so less meaningless than the worldwide one, at least dollar IS their currency, so "dollar inflation adjusted" here means at least something coherent]

So really the key word about all this is "meaningless" I think and not "meaningless BUT SF is #1" ! Remember no Batman fans bother to list Batman movies by dollar inflation adjusted worldwide mumbo jumbo, and yet Nolanites on forum are considered near mental illness by many ! Here I feel one could read "Did Burton first movie did better or less than Nolan's first ?" for weeks :)

Take it easyyyy Mr France :-P. Think about your blood pressure. Apparently for you my 'stuff' reads as a big summary of stereotypical characteristics and cliché's. Well, I think sometimes cultural antropology should be read a bit more often. Especially by you.

I think I love this topic, because the discussions in here are very vivid. That's how I like it. But do you really expect me to directly react on your summary of wrongdoings and complaints? No, especially not because your tone is belittling and certainly not friendly.

I am happy to agree with someone about disagreements. But not if sheer anger takes over objective argumentation. Thank you.
    I find it rather bizarre that for someone who keeps saying whichever way we look at this figure or that figure the figures are meaningless, but insists on provoking people with different permutations as to why the dollar, pound, euro ratio should be used to prove the value of one film over another being more worthy of the number one accolade. The only thing you can’t dispute is that Skyfall has made over £1bn in nearly 4 months, no re-runs, dvd, blu ray, pirated added/adjusted for inflation, or maybe you can who knows, by now who cares.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Need we mention Thunderball was released in very late December 1965, so nearly all of it's earnings were made in 1966? Therefore the adjusted gross is lower. :)

It will never end.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Need we mention Thunderball was released in very late December 1965, so nearly all of it's earnings were made in 1966? Therefore the adjusted gross is lower. :)

It will never end.

Nice try 'Samuel001'.......but the US difference in ticket price between 1965 to 1966 was a mere 2 or 3 cents.
    Anyway as 'SF' is and was also playing in 2013, shouldnt you adjust for 2013 inflation.

Are you the member here who caused all this trouble in the first place, by submitting a list based on the US consumer index only?????.......bad man :)

Anyway as 'Gustav_Graves' has said., we should all rejoice in that what seemed an impossibility for a modern Bond film to rise in popularity, to be compared to its predecessors in its heyday is quite an achievement.

The diffirence is that Bond of today due to increased number of foreign markets is proving very popular in new territories, whilst the Bond films of its heyday in the mid-sixties were equivalent to todays blockbusters in North America.

Yes....Cubby would be proud of his daughter after SF.........though he might of had a few words with her after making QOS a mess that it was!
  • Ooowh my :|
    In other news Skyfall has likely hit $1.1 billion w.w as of yesterday becoming only the 7th film to do so and only the third 2d film to do it.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    mepal1 wrote:
    Are you the member here who caused all this trouble in the first place, by submitting a list based on the US consumer index only?????.......bad man :)

Yeah, slap my wrist for using an inflation calculator. :)) I caused all this trouble.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,098
    Samuel001 wrote:
    mepal1 wrote:

Yeah, slap my wrist for using an inflation calculator. :)) I caused all this trouble.

..slap to the wrist.....no!...........more appropriately you shall be sealed in an airtight container!

:))
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 3,273

Either way, its safe to say SF is the most successful Bond film at the BO since TB. Its hard to argue against that statement.

And as for splitting hairs, trying to decipher from different angles whether SF beat TB is actually meaningless. For one you will never EVER get the accurate number to compare against, and there are other factors for and against. SF now has the benefit of opening to more markets than TB did, but then in 1965 people HAD to go the cinema to see a film, unless they waited years and years and years for it to appear on network TV.

I find it rather pathetic for Bond fans to jump up and down to try and claim TB is still more successful at the BO than SF.

Right now we should be rejoicing the fact that another Bond film has reached the TB mark 50 years later - someting that I thought would never happen again.

Both films are huge at the BO, and unless Bond 24 goes one step bigger, SF and TB will always be remembered as the biggest films at the BO. Nothing will ever change that.

Get over it.

• cool pic
  • CIACIA
    edited February 2013 Posts: 120
    Now @ 1.1 billion per boxoffice mojo. Even those who claim that TB still grossed more when adjusted for inflation will soon be hailing SF as the box office champion.

I'm so proud to be a Bond fan!

If you liked GE, TND, TWISE, & DAD please don't view the spoiler.
    The franchise survived the Brosnan years to emerge stronger than ever.

• edited February 2013 Posts: 11,119
    Another update of the 'Spy/Action Movies-list'. And as of February 12th 2013 'Skyfall' has managed to managed to pass the $1.1 Billion milestone. According to BoxOfficeMojo.com the gross worldwide total now stands at an incredible $1,100,806,976.

In China, 'Skyfall' now slipped to 3rd place after being in cinemas there fore 21 consecutive days (Source: English.Entgroup.cn). During its 3rd week it grossed $6.37 Million. It's now interesting to compare 'Skyfall's gross in China with that of 'The Dark Knight Rises':
    'The Dark Knight Rises' (average ticket price during its run plusminus $6.10):
    after 07 screening days: $34.21 Million (02nd place after 'The Amazing Spiderman')
    after 14 screening days: $45.27 Million (+ $11.06 Million, 03rd place overall)
    after 21 screening days: $51.26 Million (+ $05.99 Million, 03rd place overall)
    after 28 screening days: $54.58 Million (+ $03.32 Million, 04th place overall)
    after 35 screening days: $55.42 Million (+ $00.84 Million, 09th place overall)
    after 42 screening days: $55.89 Million (+ $00.47 Million, 12th place overall)

'Skyfall' (average ticket price during its run plusminus $5.70):
    after 07 screening days: $34.51 Million (01st place overall)
    after 14 screening days: $50.88 Million (+ $15.98 Million, 01st place overall)
    after 21 screening days: $57.25 Million (+ $06.37 Million, 03rd place overall)

As you can see, 'Skyfall' already passed the total of 'The Dark Knight Rises' when it was on the end of its run in China. Another $8.00 Million in China for 'Skyfall' until they pull the plug there seems likely now.

Outside the Chinese market, 'Skyfall' still brings in money in the USA. The weekend estimates for 'Skyfall' are in and the Bond film ended on 25th position with a total gross of $434,210. That's only two places down from last weekend's actuals.

As 'Skyfall' now slowly leaves the cinemas, other action/espionage/thriller movies are premiering, including Sylvester Stallone in 'Bullet To The Head' and Bruce Willis in his 5th outing as John McClane, 'A Good Day To Die Hard'. Also in cinemas now are 'Parker' with Jason Statham, 'The Last Stand' with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Steven Soderbergh's 'Side Effects'.

Note for the reader: Take in mind that for, more or less, accurate comparisons, most of the below action/spy movies are produced in 1987 or later. Actually, most of them were produced after the 1990's. All movies in this list are 2D movies!

Furthermore, I have updated the list in such a way now, so that you can also use it as a 'watchlist'. Movies with a '▪' are part of a spy/actionhero movie franchise. Movies with a '▫' are rebooted movies or remakes. Movies with a '∞' are based on previous tv-series.

The standings of the 'Spy/Action Movies-list', *UPDATED TUESDAY FEBRUARY 12TH 2013*:
    001) $1,100,806,976 -- 'JAMES BOND 23: SKYFALL' (2012, 110 DAYS IN CINEMAS) IMDB: 7.9 ▪
    _____DOMESTIC (US) GROSS: $303,460,116 - 27.6%
    _____FOREIGN (REST) GROSS: $797,346,860 - 72.4%

002) $1,081,041,287 -- 'Batman 8: The Dark Knight Rises' (2012) IMDB: 8.8
    _____domestic (US) gross: $448,139,099 - 41.5%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $632,902,188 - 58.5%
    003) $1,004,558,444 -- 'Batman 7: The Dark Knight' (2008) IMDB: 9.0 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $534,858,444 - 53.2%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $469,700,000 - 46.8%
    004) $825,532,764 -- 'Inception' (2010) IMDB: 8.8
    _____domestic (US) gross: $292,576,195 - 35.4%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $532,956,569 - 64.6%
    005) $786,636,033 -- 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull' (2008) IMDB: 6.4 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $317,101,119 - 40.3%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $469,534,914 - 59.7%
    006) $694,713,380 -- 'Mission: Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol' (2011) IMDB: 7.4 ▪ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $209,397,903 - 30.1%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $485,315,477 - 69.9%
    007) $624,386,746 -- 'Hancock' (2008) IMDB: 6.5
    _____domestic (US) gross: $227,946,274 - 36.5%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $396,440,472 - 63.5%
    008) $599,045,960 -- 'James Bond 21: Casino Royale' (2006) IMDB: 7.9 ▪ ▫ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $167,445,960 - 28.0%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $431,600,000 - 72.0%

009) $586,090,727 -- 'James Bond 22: Quantum Of Solace' (2008) IMDB: 6.7 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $168,368,427 - 28.7%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $417,722,300 - 71.3%

010) $546,388,105 -- 'Mission: Impossible 2' (2000) IMDB: 5.9 ▪ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $215,409,889 - 39.4%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $330,978,216 - 60.6%
    011) $543,848,418 -- 'Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows' (2011) IMDB: 7.6 ▪ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $186,848,418 - 34.4%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $357,000,000 - 65.6%
    012) $524,028,679 -- 'Sherlock Holmes 1' (2009) IMDB: 7.5 ▪ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $209,028,679 - 39.9%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $315,000,000 - 60.1%
    013) $478,207,520 -- 'Mr. And Mrs. Smith' (2005) IMDB: 6.4 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $186,336,279 - 39.0%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $291,871,241 - 61.0%
    014) $474,171,806 -- 'Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade' (1989) IMDB: 8.3 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $197,171,806 - 41.6%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $277,000,000 - 58.4%
    015) $457,696,359 -- 'Mission: Impossible' (1996) IMDB: 7.0 ▪ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $180,981,856 - 39.5%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $276,714,503 - 60.5%
    016) $450,717,150 -- 'Ocean's Eleven' (2001) IMDB: 7.7 ▪ ▫
    _____domestic (US) gross: $183,417,150 - 40.7%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $267,300,000 - 59.3%
    017) $442,824,138 -- 'The Bourne Ultimatum' (2007) IMDB: 8.1 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $227,471,070 - 51.4%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $215,353,068 - 48.6%
    018) $431,971,116 -- 'James Bond 20: Die Another Day' (2002) IMDB: 6.0 ▪
    _____domestic (US) gross: $160,942,139 - 37.3%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $271,028,977 - 62.7%

019) $411,348,924 -- 'Batman 1' (1989) IMDB: 7.6 ▪ ▫ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $251,188,924 - 61.1%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $160,160,000 - 38.9%
    020) $397,850,012 -- 'Mission: Impossible 3' (2006) IMDB: 6.8 ▪ ∞
    _____domestic (US) gross: $134,029,801 - 33.7%
    _____foreign (rest) gross: $263,820,211 - 66.3%
    021) $383,531,464 -- 'Die Hard 4: Live Free Or Die Hard' (2007) IMDB: 7.4 ▪
    022) $378,882,411 -- 'True Lies' (1994) IMDB: 7.2
    023) $374,262,403 -- 'Taken 2' (2012) IMDB: 6.6
    024) $372,710,015 -- 'Batman 6: Batman Begins' (2005) IMDB: 8.3 ▪ ▫
    025) $366,101,666 -- 'Die Hard 3: Die Hard With A Vengeance' (1995) IMDB: 7.3 ▪
    026) $362,744,280 -- 'Ocean's Twelve' (2004) IMDB: 6.2 ▪
    027) $361,832,400 -- 'James Bond 19: The World Is Not Enough' (1999) IMDB: 6.3
    028) $352,194,034 -- 'James Bond 17: GoldenEye' (1995) IMDB: 7.2
    029) $352,114,312 -- 'Catch Me If You Can' (2002) IMDB: 7.9
    030) $341,433,252 -- 'Wanted' (2008) IMDB: 6.7 ▪
    031) $333,011,068 -- 'James Bond 18: Tomorrow Never Dies' (1997) IMDB: 6.4
    032) $321,731,527 -- 'Lethal Weapon 3' (1992) IMDB: 6.6 ▪
    033) $311,312,624 -- 'Ocean's Thirteen' (2007) IMDB: 6.9 ▪
    034) $300,428,192 -- 'The Expendables 2' (2012) IMDB: 7.1
    035) $293,503,354 -- 'Salt' (2010) IMDB: 6.4
    036) $288,500,217 -- 'The Bourne Supremacy' (2004) IMDB: 7.7 ▪
    037) $285,444,603 -- 'Lethal Weapon 4' (1998) IMDB: 6.5 ▪
    038) $278,346,189 -- 'The Tourist' (2010) IMDB: 5.9
    039) $277,448,382 -- 'xXx 1' (2002) IMDB: 5.7 ▪
    040) $276,144,750 -- 'The Bourne Legacy' (2012) IMDB: 6.9
    041) $274,470,394 -- 'The Expendables' (2010) IMDB: 6.5 ▪
    042) $264,105,545 -- 'Charlie's Angels 1' (2000) IMDB: 5.5 ▪ ∞
    043) $261,930,436 -- 'Knight And Day' (2010) IMDB: 6.3
    044) $255,000,211 -- 'Cliffhanger' (1993) IMDB: 6.3
    045) $259,175,788 -- 'Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle' (2003) IMDB: 4.7 ▪ ∞
    046) $240,031,094 -- 'Die Hard 2: Die Harder' (1990) IMDB: 7.1 ▪
    047) $230,685,453 -- 'Get Smart' (2007) IMDB: 6.6 ∞
    048) $227,853,986 -- 'Lethal Weapon 2' (1989) IMDB: 7.1 ▪
    049) $226,830,568 -- 'Taken' (2009) IMDB: 7.9 ▪
    050) $217,764,291 -- 'Collateral' (2004) IMDB: 7.6
    051) $215,887,717 -- 'Jack Ryan 3: Clear And Present Danger' (1994) IMDB: 6.8 ▪
    052) $214,034,224 -- 'The Bourne Identity' (2002) IMDB: 7.9 ▪ ▫
    053) $212,404,396 -- 'Entrapment' (1999) IMDB: 6.1
    054) $208,076,205 -- 'Safe House' (2012) IMDB 6.8
    055) $200,512,643 -- 'Jack Ryan 1: The Hunt For Red October' (1990) IMDB: 7.6 ▪
    056) $199,708,957 -- 'Argo' (2012) IMDB: 8.3
    057) $199,006,387 -- 'Red' (2010) IMDB: 7.0
    058) $195,616,944 -- 'Jack Reacher' (2012) IMDB: 7.2
    059) $193,921,372 -- 'Jack Ryan 4: The Sum Of All Fears' (2002) IMDB: 6.3 ▪
    060) $191,185,897 -- 'James Bond 15: The Living Daylights' (1987) IMDB: 6.7
    061) $178,051,587 -- 'Jack Ryan 2: Patriot Games' (1992) IMDB: 6.9 ▪
    062) $177,238,796 -- 'The A-Team' (2010) IMDB: 6.8 ▪ ∞
    063) $176,070,171 -- 'The Italian Job' (2003) IMDB: 6.9 ▪ ▫
    064) $170,268,750 -- 'Starsky And Hutch' (2004) IMDB: 6.0 ∞
    065) $159,330,280 -- 'The Jackal' (1997) IMDB: 6.1 ▫
    066) $156,491,279 -- 'This Means War' (2012) IMDB: 6.3
    067) $156,167,015 -- 'James Bond 16: Licence To Kill' (1989) IMDB: 6.5
    068) $143,049,560 -- 'Spy Game' (2001) IMDB: 6.9
    069) $140,767,956 -- 'Die Hard 1' (1988) IMDB: 8.3 ▪
    070) $130,786,397 -- 'Unknown' (2011) IMDB: 6.9
    071) $126,690,726 -- 'Law Abiding Citizen' (2009) IMDB: 7.3
    072) $124,305,181 -- 'The Thomas Crown Affair' (1999) IMDB: 6.7 ▫
    073) $120,207,127 -- 'Lethal Weapon 1' (1987) IMDB: 7.6 ▪
    074) $118,063,304 -- 'The Saint' (1997) IMDB: 6.0 ∞
    075) $115,097,286 -- 'Body Of Lies' (2008) IMDB: 7.1
    076) $104,391,623 -- 'The Tuxedo' (2002) IMDB: 5.0
    077) $101,191,884 -- 'The Recruit' (2003) IMDB: 6.5
    078) $099,965,792 -- 'Hitman' (2007) IMDB: 6.2
    079) $099,480,480 -- 'The Good Sheperd' (2007) IMDB: 6.8
    080) $098,159,963 -- 'Killers' (2010) IMDB: 5.2
    081) $096,105,964 -- 'The Manchurian Candidate' (2004) IMDB: 6.6 ▫
    082) $094,882,549 -- 'Green Zone' (2010) IMDB: 6.9
    083) $089,456,761 -- 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' (1996) IMDB: 6.7
    084) $085,416,905 -- 'Max Payne' (2008) IMDB: 5.7
    085) $082,087,155 -- 'Abduction' (2011) IMDB: 4.7
    086) $080,630,608 -- 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' (2011) IMDB: 7.1 ∞
    087) $071,022,693 -- 'xXx 2: State Of The Union' (2005) IMDB: 4.1 ▪
    088) $070,692,101 -- 'Ronin' (1998) IMDB: 7.2
    089) $067,876,281 -- 'The American' (2010) IMDB: 6.4
    090) $065,977,295 -- 'Bad Company' (2002) IMDB: 5.4
    091) $060,965,854 -- 'Colombiana' (2011) IMDB: 6.2
    092) $060,222,298 -- 'The Ghost Writer' (2010) IMDB: 7.3
    093) $060,161,391 -- 'The International' (2009) IMDB: 6.5
    094) $056,308,881 -- 'Lucky Number Slevin' (2007) IMDB: 7.8
    095) $052,826,594 -- 'From Paris With Love' (2010) IMDB: 6.4
    096) $051,070,807 -- 'The Mechanic' (2011) IMDB: 6.5
    097) $050,732,945 -- 'I Spy' (2002) IMDB: 5.3 ∞
    098) $044,750,615 -- 'Red Dawn' (2012) IMDB: 5.7
    099) $041,771,168 -- 'The Informant!' (2009) IMDB: 6.5
    100) $033,372,606 -- 'Haywire' (2012) IMDB: 5.9
    101) $028,008,462 -- 'The Tailor Of Panama' (2001) IMDB: 6.1
    102) $027,664,173 -- 'Traitor' (2008) IMDB: 7.0
    103) $027,604,835 -- 'The Last Stand' (2013) IMDB: 7.0
    104) $027,038,732 -- 'Rendition' (2007) IMDB: 6.8
    105) $024,188,922 -- 'Fair Game' (2010) IMDB: 6.8
    106) $019,924,033 -- 'Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever' (2002) IMDB: 3.5
    107) $016,933,380 -- 'Largo Winch 1: The Heir Apparent' (2008) IMDB: 6.4
    108) $015,848,064 -- 'Parker' (2013) IMDB: 6.2
    109) $015,705,007 -- 'Enigma' (2001) IMDB: 6.4
    110) $014,046,075 -- 'Largo Winch 2' (2011) IMDB: 6.0
    111) $010,860,000 -- 'Die Hard 5: A Good Day To Die Hard' (2013) IMDB: 7.3
    112) $009,303,145 -- 'Side Effects' (2013) IMDB: 7.7
    113) $008,269,214 -- 'Bullet To The Head' (2013) IMDB: 6.5
    114) $008,112,712 -- 'Spartan' (2004) IMDB: 6.7
    115) $000,933,549 -- 'Michel Vaillant' (2003) IMDB: 5.0

On the 'All Time Box Office'-list from BoxOfficeMojo.com 'Skyfall' still stands at the 007th place. It needs to bring in a total of $19 Million if it wants to end on 6th place. Right now this seems a bit out of reach. But do not forget, a box office success like 'Skyfall' may be pulled out of cinemas by Sony, but like 'The Dark Knight Rises' it could bring in small amounts of money for another two or three months. Mostly during special screenings in small cinemas. As an example: The worldwide box office gross for 'The Dark Knight Rises' changed well into the new year 2013.

For 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' it becomes now more difficult to take over the 7th spot from 'Skyfall'. When 'The Hobbit' premieres in China, it needs to bring in a staggering amount of at least $120 Million.

The standings of the 'All Time Box Office'-list are now:
    01) $2,782.3 -- 'Avatar' (2009)
    02) $2,185.4 -- 'Titanic' (1998) *2D*
    03) $1,511.8 -- 'Marvel's The Avengers' (2012)
    04) $1,328.1 -- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2' (2011)
    05) $1,123.7 -- 'Transformers: Dark Of The Moon' (2011)
    06) $1,119.9 -- 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' (2003) *2D*
    07) $1,100,8 -- 'JAMES BOND - SKYFALL' (2012) *2D*
    08) $1,081.0 -- 'The Dark Knight Rises' (2012) *2D*
    09) $1,066.2 -- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' (2006) *2D*
    10) $1,063.2 -- 'Toy Story ' (2010)
    18) $0,955.8 -- 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' (2012)
    ^^ Thanks for the numbers, again. :)
    Almost up to $800 million overseas.

The Hobbit should finish in 14th place. I can't see it beating Alice in Wonderland. It only has China to come and needs $70 million to beat it.
    I didn't realise that Skyfall was still on the big screen still! Especially as now you can buy it in the USA! :O
    Yeah, it'll be running until Thursday in America at least, a very rare move.