Tom Hardy wants to be next Bond with Nolan directing

123468

Comments

  • Posts: 12,506
    RogueAgent wrote:
    If i'm not mistaken, that one has a truck load load of accessories. Though I can't wait for Sideshow Toys' 12" The Shadow figure. Sadly the release date's been pushed back due to problems with the hat.

    Talking of sideshow major, I was hoping for some more figures in their Bond range seeing as its a celebratort year? Sadly alas it appears there is nothing forthcoming? Like Corgi this is a real shame! :-q

    yes, it's been a while since they last released a Bond figure, hasn't it. I only got around to getting Connery (GF- nightime snooping), Lazenby (attack on Piz Gloria blue suit), Dalton (LTK Dinner Jacket), Brosnan (DAD Dinner Jaket), OO6 (standard version) & Pussy Galore).

    I find Hot Toys to be a bit expensive, but if the quality is good, then I guess the price doesn't matter. Dragon Toys are les expensive, but still good quality. Because I love the Danger Girls comics, I have Dragons 1/6 12" scale Abby Chase & Sydney Savage figures. :D They're solidly built and easily posible. Though I would have rathered Sydney come dressed in her trademark catsuit, I have bought a Triad Toys catuit, so I plan on doing a bit of kitbashing. :-B

    Cannot fault your enthusiasm major! I have all the Bond range from Sideshow except for the 1/4 scale Premium format figure of Connery from Thunderball. Didn't know about it at the time, and when i did they had already sold out! But i guess its good to have a holy grail to search for! All part of the fun in collecting! :D
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    edited January 2013 Posts: 259
    Well one article is throwing reason why Tom should be 007. They do bring up good reason:

    http://www.contactmusic.com/opinion/from-bane-to-bond-why-tom-hardy-would-make-a-brilliant-007_3438286

    Also I've seen Tom picture, his face is handsome enough and on par with 007 standard. So no Bond girl would turn that face down and he has experience with action film so he wouldn't find Bond film any different.

    tom-hardy2-hes-hansome-600-.jpg

    tumblr_l9ig2rJnpu1qde7iyo1_500.jpg

    Yep very handsome, he could get a girl in bed with that face.

    425.Hardy.Craig.tg.032012.jpg

    Comparing Daniel Craig to Tom, Tom is younger and he's more active in term of fitness. Does anybody know how good Tom's hand to hand combat is, because if he's going to be Bond he's going to need to know at least some form of martial art in order to be 007.

    and what's this:

    tom-hardy-young-pap-600.jpg

    Does Tom own a Aston Martin DBS? Well that shows he has some Bond characteristic in him. I wonder if he likes Vodka Martini shaken not stirred like Bond.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 6,601
    All I can say is, I wonder how much Mr. hardy paid them for this article. After SF's success its plein silly to write this:

    At 35-years-old, he's approaching his prime in terms of becoming the next James Bond. We're not saying that Daniel Craig is too old for the job, but as Hardy is nearly ten years younger we think he's more likely to appeal to a wider audience of both the young and old.

    ..because this is obviously what Daniel just did - otherwise those numbers were not possible.

    Personal verdict - meh in terms of looks and its not, that I am trashing every likely candidate, because I am a DC girl. I am not, but this guy doesn't do it for me - at all. Those lips :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,449
    I think Tom looks more like Bond when he's skinny - the incredibly buff, massive shoulders Hardy just doesn't cut it for me as a Bond look. I wouldn't be traumatized if he was chosen as the next Bond, but again, I just don't see it happening. He's too well known.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 6,601
    He is known, but by far he is not famous yet. I don't see mass appeal, even if you get over those lips ;) He has that kiddy face, that never applied to any Bond IMO.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,449
    Germanlady wrote:
    He is known, but by far he is not famous yet. I don't see mass appeal, even if you get over those lips ;)

    His career kicked off about five years ago with 'Bronson.' Since then, I think many people will recognize him from 'The Dark Knight Rises,' 'This Means War,' 'Warrior,' 'Inception,' or 'Lawless.' Granted, he isn't Brad Pitt famous, but I just don't see it happening.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Posts: 4,012
    I think he's a fabulous actor, I have seen numerous films with him and enjoyed his performances. However I don't see him as Bond because in my opinion he lacks one very important characteristic, he lacks gravitas.
  • Posts: 5,767
    mdo007 wrote:
    Does anybody know how good Tom's hand to hand combat is, because if he's going to be Bond he's going to need to know at least some form of martial art in order to be 007.
    So you haven´t seen Bronson yet ;-)?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think Tom looks more like Bond when he's skinny - the incredibly buff, massive shoulders Hardy just doesn't cut it for me as a Bond look. I wouldn't be traumatized if he was chosen as the next Bond, but again, I just don't see it happening. He's too well known.
    Physically he´s very versatile. His massive shoulders are explicitly for purposes like Bronson or Bane. For Bond he would assume a different shape. He´s got a genius workout coach, they both know their stuff to the extreme.

    As for being too famous, so far he looked very different in every prominent role. Mad Max could be the first role close to that of Bond.

    As an actor, I think he´s one of the greatest young talents in Hollywood at the moment, and I think he could play just about anything.


  • He could do a good job but he's Mad Max now. Not going to happen.
    Germanlady wrote:
    its not, that I am trashing every likely candidate, because I am a DC girl.

    Well to be fair I haven't seen you actually support any suggestions for the next Bond, just shoot them down.
  • I would be ok with both, Nolan and Hardy, but with big reservations.

    Somehow I can see a trace of Bond in Hardy and would give him a chance if he was chosen. I wasn't totally sold with Craig when first pictures leaked (even though I saw traces of Connery in him as soon as I saw the first pic of him and was optimistic after the press conference of CR).
    Who knows, he may surprise us. But he for sure will never be my first choice.

    As for Nolan, even with all the hype surounding him...I have to say he is very talented. No matter how difficult some of his fanboys may be... look at Prestige, Memento, Inception, his Batman trilogy... great stuff!
    He even is a Bond fan...great!
    Buuut...I see one weakness in him and basically in all his movies that attempted it. It's the action. I truly think that Nolan does not shoot action very well.
    I am none of those who want an action scene every 5 minutes in a Bond movie but it's an important part non the less.
    My only other concern may be that he tries to make it way too realistic, though I have faith in him as a talented writer and director (and fan) to understand the source material.

    We'll see. I think none of them is a must have, if I had to choose...I would be very interested what Nolan would do with Bond, but as I said, with reservation.
  • Posts: 6,601
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.
  • Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.
  • Posts: 6,601
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
  • Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.

    So far yes, but he's a brilliant actor and since the new Batman film he seems to be getting lots of big roles (he's starring in the Splinter Cell film adaption soon too), and I'm confident that Mad Max 4 will be good. As a fan of the series, I'm hoping there are sequels to that too.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Posts: 259
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    He is known, but by far he is not famous yet. I don't see mass appeal, even if you get over those lips ;)

    His career kicked off about five years ago with 'Bronson.' Since then, I think many people will recognize him from 'The Dark Knight Rises,' 'This Means War,' 'Warrior,' 'Inception,' or 'Lawless.' Granted, he isn't Brad Pitt famous, but I just don't see it happening.
    He could do a good job but he's Mad Max now. Not going to happen.
    Germanlady wrote:
    its not, that I am trashing every likely candidate, because I am a DC girl.

    Well to be fair I haven't seen you actually support any suggestions for the next Bond, just shoot them down.

    Although some of you are worried that Tom may not get the role of James Bond because he might become too successful, I don't think it would effect the way th producers want to select Bond, hell, it didn't stop Hugh Jackman from being eyed by EON for the Bond role and he was already famous for his Woverine role:

    http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/celebrities/hugh-jackman/hugh-jackman-was-offered-james-bond-role-before-daniel-craig-n213060.html

    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/06/les-miserables-hugh-jackman-james-bond-daniel-craig_n_2249434.html

    and this was before DC was selected to play James Bond, so Hugh Jackman was already famous before Craig was selected to be Bond but yet he was also being considered to play 007. So even if Tom get famous, it may not stop EON from adding him to the "list of actor that could take over as Bond after DC"

  • Posts: 7,653
    We'll see what happens, I prefer Nolan to stay away and so far Tom Hardy has failed to make any impression on me. But that says nothing as Daniel Craig has not impressed me outside of the franchise either.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Posts: 1,400
    yes and I want to be "M" too.
  • Posts: 1,548
    YES YES YES. Far better choice than Fassbender IMO. But hopefully this debate will be pointless for a few more films in the Craig golden era of Bond yet.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
    Well, he did a triple performance in Bronson, and the screen was totally his.


    Be that as it may, with Nolan making a SciFi film next, he won´t do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years. So we needn´t worry about anything else in that context.

  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Posts: 259
    boldfinger wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
    Well, he did a triple performance in Bronson, and the screen was totally his.


    Be that as it may, with Nolan making a SciFi film next, he won´t do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years. So we needn´t worry about anything else in that context.

    That could change, after Sam Mendes said Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight and people after seeing Skyfall are now calling for Nolan to direct the next Bond film. It looks like Nolan could end up directing a Bond film either Bond 24 or who knows, we don't know what he'll say if the guys at EON will talk to Nolan.

  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    mdo007 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
    Well, he did a triple performance in Bronson, and the screen was totally his.


    Be that as it may, with Nolan making a SciFi film next, he won´t do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years. So we needn´t worry about anything else in that context.

    That could change, after Sam Mendes said Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight and people after seeing Skyfall are now calling for Nolan to direct the next Bond film. It looks like Nolan could end up directing a Bond film either Bond 24 or who knows, we don't know what he'll say if the guys at EON will talk to Nolan.

    You're crazy to think the producers would be fine with Nolan sacking Craig for Bond 24.
  • Posts: 6,601
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
    Well, he did a triple performance in Bronson, and the screen was totally his.


    Be that as it may, with Nolan making a SciFi film next, he won´t do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years. So we needn´t worry about anything else in that context.

    That could change, after Sam Mendes said Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight and people after seeing Skyfall are now calling for Nolan to direct the next Bond film. It looks like Nolan could end up directing a Bond film either Bond 24 or who knows, we don't know what he'll say if the guys at EON will talk to Nolan.

    Your crazy to think the producers would be fine with Nolan sacking Craig for Bond 24.

    Actually I don't think, they meant Nolan minus Craig, but Nolan directing DC.
  • Posts: 5,745
    Germanlady wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
    Well, he did a triple performance in Bronson, and the screen was totally his.


    Be that as it may, with Nolan making a SciFi film next, he won´t do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years. So we needn´t worry about anything else in that context.

    That could change, after Sam Mendes said Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight and people after seeing Skyfall are now calling for Nolan to direct the next Bond film. It looks like Nolan could end up directing a Bond film either Bond 24 or who knows, we don't know what he'll say if the guys at EON will talk to Nolan.

    Your crazy to think the producers would be fine with Nolan sacking Craig for Bond 24.

    Actually I don't think, they meant Nolan minus Craig, but Nolan directing DC.

    He bolded what @boldfinger said being "[Hardy] won't do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years" and then replied "That could change...".

    He meant that if Nolan helmed B24, he would trade Craig for Hardy. Which is absurd.
  • Posts: 9,767
    There seem to be camps for 007 number 7 Tom Hardy Camp (which I have to admit with This means War and Inception I could easily picture him as 007) and the Michael Fassbander Camp (Haywire I have seen and hated the film but Fassbander was brilliant Still haven't seen X-men first class)

    Of course I hope we are still a good 2-3 films away from talking about this however I would lean toward Hardy over Fassbender just a tad but wouldn't complain if either was 007
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Posts: 259
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    IMO Hardy is more of a good supporting actor, not lead material.

    Mad Max is returning in 2013 to prove you wrong.

    IF it is a success, I am proved wrong, not before. So far, he mainly did supporting jobs.
    Well, he did a triple performance in Bronson, and the screen was totally his.


    Be that as it may, with Nolan making a SciFi film next, he won´t do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years. So we needn´t worry about anything else in that context.

    That could change, after Sam Mendes said Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight and people after seeing Skyfall are now calling for Nolan to direct the next Bond film. It looks like Nolan could end up directing a Bond film either Bond 24 or who knows, we don't know what he'll say if the guys at EON will talk to Nolan.

    Your crazy to think the producers would be fine with Nolan sacking Craig for Bond 24.

    Actually I don't think, they meant Nolan minus Craig, but Nolan directing DC.

    He bolded what @boldfinger said being "[Hardy] won't do a Bond movie for the next 4 or 5 years" and then replied "That could change...".

    He meant that if Nolan helmed B24, he would trade Craig for Hardy. Which is absurd.

    I don't think Nolan would sack Daniel Craig, But I would love DC to appear in any future Nolan film, if Nolan and Craig get along then that means Nolan could direct a Bond film with Daniel Craig as Bond.
    Risico007 wrote:
    There seem to be camps for 007 number 7 Tom Hardy Camp (which I have to admit with This means War and Inception I could easily picture him as 007) and the Michael Fassbander Camp (Haywire I have seen and hated the film but Fassbander was brilliant Still haven't seen X-men first class)

    Of course I hope we are still a good 2-3 films away from talking about this however I would lean toward Hardy over Fassbender just a tad but wouldn't complain if either was 007

    Michael Fassbender is also another good candidate for Bond, and here's why:

    http://screenrant.com/michael-fassbender-james-bond-benm-117237/

    IMO, both Hardy and Fassbender do have Bond characteristics in their acting, and If I was Barb or Michael I would not ignore both of them. Because they seem to both have Bond vibes coming out of their acting.

  • If Nolan is ever going to do a Bond Film I assume he'll try to get as many of "his" actorss as possible.

    Best scenario is he makes Bond 26 with Henry Cavill as Bond.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    edited January 2013 Posts: 259
    If Nolan is ever going to do a Bond Film I assume he'll try to get as many of "his" actorss as possible.

    Best scenario is he makes Bond 26 with Henry Cavill as Bond.

    I doubt Nolan will try to replace Ben Witshaw with Cillian Murphy as Q, nor change Ralph Fiennes to Michael Caine or Gary Oldman as M.

  • Posts: 5,767
    mdo007 wrote:
    I doubt Nolan will try to replace Ben Witshaw with Cillian Murphy as Q, nor change Ralph Fiennes to Michael Caine or Gary Oldman as M.
    Caine, Oldman and Murphy as grandad-father-son mob family :-)!

  • Posts: 1,497
    I am actually warming up to the idea of Tom Hardy as Bond. He seems like a natural succession from Craig's Bond. He's got the physique, and could look suave in the right suit and stylings. Remember, Ian Fleming thought Sean Connery looked like a cab driver. By the time Bond25 roles around in 2016, he will be 39, which for some may be a bit old, but I like Bond to be a bit older, wiser, and more refined. I'm not so keen on Nolan directing, but Hardy is a good candidate. Having seen Bale in enough films now, I can safely say he is NOT a good choice for Bond. He is too associated with Batman now, it would seem strange to have him cross over to Bond. The same is true of Henry Cavill and Superman. It doesn't work to have the same actor playing a lead role in two major franchises.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    edited January 2013 Posts: 259
    JBFan626 wrote:
    I am actually warming up to the idea of Tom Hardy as Bond. He seems like a natural succession from Craig's Bond. He's got the physique, and could look suave in the right suit and stylings. Remember, Ian Fleming thought Sean Connery looked like a cab driver. By the time Bond25 roles around in 2016, he will be 39, which for some may be a bit old, but I like Bond to be a bit older, wiser, and more refined. I'm not so keen on Nolan directing, but Hardy is a good candidate. Having seen Bale in enough films now, I can safely say he is NOT a good choice for Bond. He is too associated with Batman now, it would seem strange to have him cross over to Bond. The same is true of Henry Cavill and Superman. It doesn't work to have the same actor playing a lead role in two major franchises.

    Christian Bale would be an interesting Bond, but I heard rumour that Bale isn't interested in playing Bond even if EON offered him to play Bond, he would turn it down. For Chris Nolan, as I said Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight (Sam Mendes said it himself) and Nolan himself said he would be interested in directing a Bond film (and he's a long time Bond fan so he's not going to screw this one up even if he directed Bond 24 or any future Bond film). I'm not sure about Henry Cavill, his look does not fit Bond (Hugh Jackman and Clive Owen looks more like Bond then Cavill). I would prefer either Hugh Jackman (I doubt he could take the role of Bond since he may not have time, but he's more physcially fit and active then Craig even if both Craig and Jackman are the same age), Michael Fassbender (many people who saw him in X-men: First Class said he had a Sean Connery aura coming out of his acting hence why people would consider him to play Bond after Craig), and Tom Hardy (as I mention he does have Bond characteristics in acting and outside of acting).

This discussion has been closed.